• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What does Destiny 3 have to do, to get you interested?

Bryank75

Banned
With rumors circulating about Destiny 3, including a darkness class, new PvPvE areas, a new enemy race called the Veil and more in-depth rpg and customization mechanics.

I am curious to see if anyone here is still interested in the franchise and what they would like to see from it going forward...
Please share your thoughts below.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
honestly i don't think there is anything they can do to convince me to buy it...at least at launch. while i enjoyed D1 + D2 (pre-Forsaken) i know this game is not aimed at me. i'm not against grinding or playing with others but there doesn't feel like any middle ground.

you either play solo with matchmaking and miss out on a LOT of content

or

you waste a LOT of time grinding just for the sake of it and even more time trying to get people together to do end game content.

IF i do buy Destiny 3 then it'll be when all the content has released and i can buy it for dirt cheap. i don't see why i should pay full price and upfront for content that is inaccessible to me.

Lanrutcon

Character progression with depth and consequence. I want a skill tree that scrolls vertically. I want a max level character to only be able to afford 10% of that tree. Nobody gets everything. Hell, you don't even get most things. No respecs. No buybacks. You live with what you bought. No skills shared between classes. Skills trees are split between active and passive skills at a roughly equal rate. You gotta think about and plan a build, and builds play differently. Gear with multiple random modifiers set at random magnitudes with variable upper and lower boundaries per gear piece. 6+ armor slots, 4+ accessory slots.

I want more PoE and less Diablo 3, basically.

anglis84

Neo Member
I haven't played Destiny since the first 3 months of Destiny 2 release. Not sure if they have done this or not but it would take them completely overhauling the loot system to get me to play. I hated how I had a dozen Legendary items but they were all practically useless.

I'll be interested regardless probably but...

To hold my interest more than say BL3 (presumably) or Division, it has to stop catering to the looter shooter casuals.

I want a much deeper build system and loot system, and for JFC, stop balancing the PvE based on PvP.

Kanton

Make it more difficult again, more difficult to be good at pvp, difficult to get good guns, raise difficulty in raids. Everything that made the whiny casuals cry about D1, do that. Do the opposite of what bad players (the majority) want. (have no idea about the state of D2, they might have done that all ready lol)

Aurelian

my friends call me "Cunty"
If this is the last phase of Destiny, provide some real closure (it doesn't have to be "and humans are safe forever," but an end to the main, looming threat).

Bungie does need to reduce some of the grind, but at the same time, I don't want to feel like I'll get an exotic weapon just by sneezing in its direction. Just make it easier than the quest to get The Last Word, on a console the final phase of it was frustrating! (Though I did eventually get it.)

I am not well versed in this because of my limited play time so far, but the common complaint that I hear is that Destiny 2 made all of the same mistakes Destiny 1 did, that wasn't addressed until a later expansion. I think if they want people to buy into Destiny 3, they would have to not make those same mistakes a third time. I came into Destiny 2 recently for the first time and I am assuming my first time experience is better than the majority of the playerbase.. just sucks that so many people are still sour about it to this day.

Elcid

Banned
They need more content drops. 1 raid a year or per dlc is not enough. They should have at least 5 or 6 active strikes and 2-3 raids in rotation per quarter.

honestly i don't think there is anything they can do to convince me to buy it...at least at launch. while i enjoyed D1 + D2 (pre-Forsaken) i know this game is not aimed at me. i'm not against grinding or playing with others but there doesn't feel like any middle ground.

you either play solo with matchmaking and miss out on a LOT of content

or

you waste a LOT of time grinding just for the sake of it and even more time trying to get people together to do end game content.

IF i do buy Destiny 3 then it'll be when all the content has released and i can buy it for dirt cheap. i don't see why i should pay full price and upfront for content that is inaccessible to me.

Same. Got burned too many times. Theres nothing they can do. I wont be there day 1, thats a promise. I have no faith in them.

Ar¢tos

I do wonder who is funding D3, I don't think Bungie can fund a game as big as Destiny alone, and also who is publishing it. Activision and MS are out of the picture and with the bad fame of being slow to produce content I doubt EA will be interested.

bellome

Develop the game around gameplay experience and not around monetization.

This will be enough to change a lot of Destiny and put the basis for a good videogame.

ROMhack

If they include a thought-provoking story, alter the gameplay to include puzzles, give it some form of personality, ensure it has a memorable main character, decrease the looting, decrease the shooting, make it available to play on Switch and let me have a copy of the game for free then I'd gladly give it a shot.

Last edited:

DonF

It has to feel less like it was developed by psychologist in a lab to create the most addicting game possible.

First part...Fucking game felt like a job. Destiny 2, even the free version, made feel already burned out the first hour.

I love Bungie, they are awesome Devs, so I hope that now that activision is out of the way, they develop a more satisfying game.

NahaNago

Look ridiculously amazing. I didn't play( I own it cause of spiderman) destiny 2 so unless they somehow wow me in someway and interesting visuals would be their best bet. A great trailer for the story with some very impactful music could also help sell me on the game. Now that I think about it an anime or cartoon for Destiny would get me interested in the series enough to buy destiny 3.

I need big changes and probably more focus on the RPG elements allowing for wider variety of builds and skill/stat progression. Like completely flesh that side of things out.

Expand on matchmaking for all activities.

Wimbledon

GET RID OF ENHANCEMENT CORES!

On topic

Be a little bit more like an RPG, although i think having multiple vendors at the tower is great and i think bungie did and excellent job of this. It would be nice to be able to have activities to do at the tower or hub, be a bit more interactive. We need something to do there, card game, club etc. Just something to make being at the tower fun.

2. They need more Raids, especially at the base game, 3 full blown raids, with like 2-3 raid lairs. Worlds need to be bigger as well.

3. They can't have content drops like Curse of Osiris or Dark below, or even Warmind for that matter. Like those releases need to bigger drops and have more content if there going to cost 20-30$. Because to be honest COO, DB, and warmind could of been free content , i don't think there was anything substanstial in either of those 3 that warrant the cost.

4. Bring back sparrow racing.

5. (Impossible request) fly ships

6. make the skill tree for class and sub classes better

7. Better customization for character.

8. make the dungeons in destiny more intricate.

9. Have a library at the tower, where you can take the information that you find out in the world there. Learn about the lore there at the library get hints in-game on how to full fill a task or even learn a ability from what you read. Or how to find a weapon or item that will be of use in a quest your on.

10. Matching making in Nightfall , honestly no point why it isn't there.

11. make the grind less like a chore, and a more rewarding task. Destiny shouldn't feel like a 2nd job where theirs no payoff.

Last edited:

KiteGr

As someone who gave up shortly after getting the first one (regretting every Euro I've spent on it), I would like the story of the first to games to be included.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

Less grind, more fun.
No annual passes, big expansions.
Streamline development of content and update dev tools for easier creation of content.
I mean.. 800 devs + sub-hired studios and in 7 months all they managed to do was a forge reskinned 4x and the labs, even the black Armory weapons were reskins. And season of the Drifter is just a few maps basically.

Another thing... Be more like Massive in how you communicate with your audience.

Massive is putting on a master class for the industry. They have a dedicated show each week and deal with the actual questions and suggestions from players.

Read the Reddit post they made this week about there thought process regarding various game systems. F'n phenomenal.

Pejo

They would need:

-Actual new enemies
-New player classes
-Classes to feel different from each other besides just a jump and grenade.
-Vault of Glass quality raids with plenty of secrets
-Less "Guardians of the Galaxy" tier quipping for 98% of the story lines.
-Completely rehauled upgrade system (Light level sucks)

At the bare minimum, it would need these for me to come back.

Ovek

7Member7
Dunno not wipe out all my progress from Destiny 2, maybe? After playing Destiny 1 and 2 a lot, the thought of grinding out say the Thorn hand cannon exotic for a third fucking time actually makes me feel ill even though getting it in D2 was stupidly easy. I ain't going to do it and the people I play it with most certainly won't do it.

Fbh

I'm not into loot games and my favourite part of D1 was the PVP so my wishlist would probably not be in line with what the fanbase wants.
Basically:
- Have a fun 10-ish hours campaign
- Have an extensive PVP mode with a good variety of maps and modes.
- PVP closer to D1: Faster, less e-sports oriented, game modes with bigger teams, etc

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
  • More classes / more class variety / customizable classes
  • Space combat / traversal
  • Better loot / more loot types
  • More interesting PVP
  • Less grind
  • Vehicles / vehicular combat
  • Better story / world building
  • More diverse planets / areas

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
I’d love more in-depth RPG elements + character advancement. I’d like it to be more like an ARPG where there are plenty of builds to experiment with and characters can feel dramatically different from each other.

Also I’d really appreciate better writing. The lore in this game is pretty great, but the actual plot scenes are ruined by some extremely corny writing. Seems like it belongs on an episode of Power Rangers or something.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I would really need them to overhaul the graphics, the jump from D1 to D2 was almost imperceptible. Beyond that, since Activision is no longer a part of the development, I'd like to see what kind of real story they put together.

Add dedicated servers and stop splitting the community with paid dlc :/ add trials with elimination again and pick what maps you want to vs on. But I know bungie doesn’t care :( oh and make the campaign and multiplayer 60fps on consoles

Arkage

Banned
Stop being a loot shooter. Can't really stand grinds anymore, it's just another job after my real one.

Small grinds aren’t bad, but the problem is that some of the better weapons and quests for weapons demand really large grinds. As long as this doesn’t become a focus I’ll probably pick up D3. Also new enemies are desperately needed.

Last edited:

The Alien

Banned
Done change the gunplay. Its tight.

Other than that...pretty much everything else. Dont slow drip content. Dont rehash the same shit...release new enemies, etc.

Hinedorf

Banned
For me this is a genre I just can't touch and the grouping element is what makes it a deal breaker. Maybe it's just my ignorance but I played the Destiny 2 demo and enjoyed my experience well enough to consider buying the game.

The whole concept as far as I can tell for endgame is to require the same gaming process just doing so in groups of 3? A solo game I think I might enjoy. A necessity to progress with other people is where I lose interest.

Am I right in this thinking or is Destiny a game that can be a complete solo experience if wanted?

Be Halo. The good old Halo.

I've bought Destiny 2 on black friday with some expansions for 20. I enjoyed it, since gunplay is fun. Everything else is just shit. But pew-pew's good.

Top Bottom