• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What does Microsoft's July event need to do/show in order to make you buy in?

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
There is absolutely nothing they could show me to get my money. Never had any interest in anything coming from Microsoft and won't start now. I'll watch the highlights of there show at some point because I love the videogame industry but hate Microsoft as a company and will never support them if I can help it.
You hate them, but still come and post on a Xbox thread.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
And your point is it was a question asked and I answered u can continue with your Microsoft praise nobody is stopping u .✌🏿
It was asked for those who were interested or what cou. Not for the "Its Microsoft, so I will hate them anyway" type. And then you start complaining about people who dont have the same opinion as you.

soulbait

There is absolutely nothing they could show me to get my money. Never had any interest in anything coming from Microsoft and won't start now. I'll watch the highlights of there show at some point because I love the videogame industry but hate Microsoft as a company and will never support them if I can help it.

Why do you hate a company so much? What is it about Microsoft that you hate, but their competitors, Sony and Nintendo, does better? I am not trying to bait you, I am really curious about this.

SynTha1

Why do you hate a company so much? What is it about Microsoft that you hate, but their competitors, Sony and Nintendo, does better? I am not trying to bait you, I am really curious about this.
I'll just sum it up like this. I am old enough to have been around since the beginning of Microsoft as a company and how they have operated from the start and all the bs they have done throughout the years I have no respect for them as a company and yes I'm sure there are some good people that work there as there are some good xbox fans out there too but the overall vibe I get from the company is more of a company trying to con me into giving them money instead of letting the products sell themselves if that makes sense maybe it doesn't but that's my view of them.

I think what needs to be understood is that, outside of the xbox one, the original xbox and xbox 360 were highly competitive systems with good games. It's kind of silly to base all of ones expectations for the xbox series x on a single bad gen. And we all know why the xbox one struggled, so unless MS is about to repeat and flop out of the gates hard with the series x (possible but unlikely) i wouldn't expect things to go so poorly for the xbox this time around. And no i'm not saying the series x is going to blow the ps5 out of the water. But, hating on the xbox is like this cool fad. I don't really get it.

On topic, I just want a good halo game. That's it. If Infinite delivers then all will be well lol. Having some new successful IP's will help obviously.

soulbait

I'll just sum it up like this. I am old enough to have been around since the beginning of Microsoft as a company and how they have operated from the start and all the bs they have done throughout the years I have no respect for them as a company and yes I'm sure there are some good people that work there as there are some good xbox fans out there too but the overall vibe I get from the company is more of a company trying to con me into giving them money instead of letting the products sell themselves if that makes sense maybe it doesn't but that's my view of them.

I know some people still have misgivings with Microsoft over anti-trust laws with the inclusion of Internet Explorer and those sort of things, but I personally have not seen it as a thing to swear off the company completely. I am too older, but not old enough to where the start of MS really affected me much (37). I guess I always look at large company's as each division as their own company so when I look at Xbox, I don't see MS as a whole, but just the Xbox division.

Only company I can think of that has pissed me off enough to not shop with again is Gamestop, and that is due to all the sales pushing they do. But not shopping there does not prevent me from getting any products, I just don't get them there.

MiguelItUp

Show some solid titles that will be an Xbox exclusive, and not on PC. If it's gonna be on PC, then I have absolutely zero reason to get an Xbox. 🤷‍♂️

I'll be glad to finally see some games and I'll be getting an XSX at some point regardless but I am getting tired of hoping to see them ever tap into their catalog of unused game IP. I'm honestly not ever expecting to see a new MechAssault or Crimson Skies, but I just can't ever totally abandon hope, especially for Crimson Skies because it was one of my all-time favs.

Life

Hey Microsoft - you set the standards for console subscription fees with Xbox Live. Why don't you set the standards again with NO FUCKING SUBSCRIPTION FEES?

Sw0pDiller

They just need lots and lots of games that I can't play anywhere else. That would make me buy a Lockhart console maybe in the first year or so. Ps5 and Xbsx are too similar to get them both and Xbsx has nothing over ps5 that could sway me away from a Lockhart purchase besides the ps5.

Dr Bass

I'll probably be buying in at some point regardless. But I want really great, original games that aren't shooters (besides Halo).

Yoboman

Nothing at this point. If their games come out and are fantastic and there is nowhere to play them but on and Xbox Series X then I'll think about it

An actual commitment to 60fps on console (as in, EVERY game has a mode for it) would do it for me.

Sony’s certainly not doing that and Nintendo probably would if they had the hardware.

That, along with more back-compat support for OG/360, is the only thing that’ll make me buy one.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
They've already got my money.

What I'm looking forward to is Halo Infinite GAMEPLAY, Hellblade II GAMEPLAY, More info on Project: Mara, The Initiative announcement, Playground Games announcement, hopefully the next Perfect Dark. The price of the XSEX, and these Megatons they are talking about dropping. Maybe a new studio acquisition announcement? Also some explanation of the other features of the hardware we haven't seen yet and to see that in action.

MacReady13

For me a mix of old franchises updated for next gen plus new exciting franchises would suffice. I would love to see a rebooted SSX. I really don't want more of what Sony does with their exclusives (games like Horizon, Last Of Us, God Of War). They're ok in small doses, but to copy that template would be totally boring. Make some new FPS's. Some RPG's. Be creative Microsoft! I want them to succeed. The 360 was my fav console of all time and I want that same feeling back!

Top Bottom