• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What does your Destiny character look like?

Melchiah

Here's my female Awoken Hunter.

i6AffPUCSayCc.jpg

IcyEyes

I'm really curious by nature and I always wonder about the why of a person's choices.

So, proudly post here a screenshot of your guardian and tell us why you chose that class and that race!

This is not only a "show your character" thread, it's also about the reason behind your choice (race and class).

Have fun!

Mine :

Awoken : I like the idea of this race and usually I prefer to play non-human race
Warlock : I'm a very aggressive player and I think the combo skills+spells are always fun. Hunter looks pretty cool too.

OqqkaEf.jpg

(I will post mine asap)

Manus

Never seen such bland and boring looking armor in a loot centric game. It has to get better the higher level you are right?

IcyEyes

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't see that post.

Anyway it's a different thread, I'm asking about the reasons behind the player choice !

I will update in the first post

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Lot's of women in this thread.

I'm also a female awoken... of the purple variety.

FHIZ

Lot's of women in this thread.

Personally, I think it's real difficult to make a male character (with hair) that doesn't look really feminine. Thought so in the beta, and since they didn't change anything in the character creation, I just opted to make a lady again.

MANGOD

Banned
Just a thought whilst browsing this so far. I'm surprised by the amount of female characters being shown and am wondering has GAF got a lot more female gamers than I thought. Or does GAF have a lot more cross dressers that like to play as females? Discuss

Maligna

Banned
Just a thought whilst browsing this so far. I'm surprised by the amount of female characters being shown and am wondering has GAF got a lot more female gamers than I thought. Or does GAF have a lot more cross dressers that like to play as females? Discuss

I always play black female when given the choice. Too many games force me to be white male.

I think it's because the male models are so ugly.
in my opinion of course

Jinjo

In this instance the male models suck. Either you're a young (feminine) boy or an overly chiseled and squarefaced spacemarine. No real inbetweens. Also, the lack of beards and wrinkles is baffling. I want to play as my middle-aged silverhaired veteran, goddammit.

Sweet Ivy

My character is a Awaken Titan.

Awaken: I liked the idea that's "tied" to the cosmos, it's alien and looks gorgeous.
Seriously, he is GORGEOUS!

Titan: I like to play as a pylon for the group, full steam ahead and everyone can count on me!

piQhPa3.jpg

BRzPU21.jpg

Really nice !
Why did you choose a Titan Awoken ?

I prefer the Hunter archetype (lone wolf, Han Solo/Clint Eastwood type) but after trying both classes I realized the Hunter's double jump was too unpredictable and the Gungslinger super was too dependent on aiming so you had a high risk of wasting it.

On the other hand, the Titan felt more straightforward, its Super is great for running into the heat of the battle and the jetpack is great for achieving precision jumps.

I chose a a female Awoken because they look graceful and mysterious, while having more original customization options (specifically haircuts and face markings)

stay gold

I wanted to make a male Titan but the character models are shit. Terrible looking hair compared to the females.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
white males are boring and almost every game is a white male.

There's no awkward love/romance elements to deal with in Destiny, so why stare at something familiar all day?

I went with a purple lady because it's a video game and i want something exotic and exciting.

Top Bottom