• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What evidence is there that Fallout 4 is Xbone exclusive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
edit: In this thread I'm asking for evidence that it's happening, because I haven't seen any. I've seen a lot of this popping up in threads and stuff like it's a foregone conclusion, but for the life of me I can't figure out if we have solid, credible inside info on this game being an exclusive Xbone title like we do about other ones (such as an exclusive EA game to Xbone, or Dead Rising 3).

As far as I can tell, here's all we know:

-Cheapy D mentioned on his podcast third party exclusives to the Xbone, and mentioned, "for example, a game like Fallout 4."
-Jeff Gerstmann mentioned on his Tumblr (and I believe elsewhere) that he's heard some major exclusives being scored by Sony and MS, and mentioned in a theoretical scenario that we could have Fallout 4 exclusive to MS and other titles exclusive to Sony.
-Patrick Klepek also mentioned this on the Bombcast, though was mostly restating what Jeff had said a month or so ago.
-Bethesda has done exclusive timed DLC in the past, so it's certain to continue with the Xbone, but nothing apart from that points to an exclusive title (that I'm aware of.)

And that's about it. I can update the OP with more info but does anyone know of any more evidence or journalists candidly mentioning this as fact?

Forkball

Bethesda wouldn't want to throw away the money from the PC market and the obssessive mod scene. On consoles? They would have to moneyhat pretty hard to do it.

Drazgul

If by exclusive they mean "not getting released on PS4", then I don't care. PC is the platform to play Bethesda's games on.

Nebula

Bethesda will lose me as a customer if they do this. They make fantastic games which everyone should be able to enjoy.

Vic20

I hope Bethesda knows that its roots are PC and that this would be a bad idea, then I remember all of Skyrim's temp exclusive DLC...and I weep.

MYeager

Cheapy D was using it as an example, and not as a confirmation. Journalist are currently in the dark along with the community about what may or may not be exclusive to the Xbox One.

I doubt it would be exclusive to either console. Bethesda makes big money selling the series on PC and Sony/Microsofts consoles.

...Not to say Microsoft doesn't have the funds to money hat it, but I don't expect either to gain exclusivity of any major mutltiplatform franchises from this gen.

Id like to say no, but wasn't skyrim shown on xbox 360 first?

timed exclusive maybe..but im not gonna have to buy a Xbone for one game...

Exclusive DLC at best. No way completely exclusive. If MS really puts a lot of money on the table maybe console exclusive. A PC port will happen no matter what I think.

Avallon

chubigans, are you a Xbone exclusive?
image.php

If anything last gen proved moneyhatting big 3rd party exclusives is too expensive. They may as well buy the developer/IP or just go for a timed exclusive..

Hanmik

at least the title didn´t say "Why I´m 99% sure Fallout 4 will be an Xbone exclusive/kinect game"... pheeewwwww

hitoshi

I've seen a lot of this popping up in threads and stuff, but for the life of me I can't figure out if we have solid, credible inside info on this game being an exclusive Xbone title like we do about other ones (such as an exclusive EA game to Xbone, or Dead Rising 3).

As far as I can tell, here's what we know:

-Cheapy D mentioned on his podcast third party exclusives to the Xbone, and mentioned, "for example, a game like Fallout 4."

-Jeff Gerstmann mentioned on his Tumblr (and I believe elsewhere) that he's heard some major exclusives being scored by Sony and MS, and mentioned in a theoretical scenario that we could have Fallout 4 exclusive to MS and other titles exclusive to Sony.

-Patrick Klepek also mentioned this on the Bombcast, though was mostly restating what Jeff had said a month or so ago.

-Bethesda has done exclusive timed DLC in the past, so it's certain to continue with the Xbone, but nothing apart from that points to an exclusive title (that I'm aware of.)

And that's about it. I can update the OP with more info but does anyone know of any more evidence or journalists candidly mentioning this as fact?

Well, I think Bethesda held a pr event parallel with the Xbox One announcement (i mean on the same day), so... :)

Quoting myself from another thread.
It isn't that hard to imagine. Look at how well Skyrim turned out on the PS3. I don't think Bethesda want to make another Playstation game lol. Not to mention Microsoft made a deal to make the DLC come first to the 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom