• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What fan translations are you depending on?

Oh wow, I had no idea there was a translation for this game. I might want to look into that.
It's fully playable, although still missing a couple of extra things like the intro text, chapter titles, etc; hopefully nothing too essential. All of the actual, in-game text seems to be done and working and it seems to be a decent enough translation from what I've played. It should be updated sometime, it was just released this week.

Here you go: http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2006/

Foffy

Banned
I can't believe no one's translated the Goemon games for SNES. Is there something that makes those games particularly challenging to hack?

Well, at least Famicom Detective Club 2 got translated recently (hope someone does the first one as well). Someone just released a patch for Marvelous, a game I thought I'd never play in English. Can't wait for Far East of Eden Zero and AAI2 to be done.

Marvelous is in English now?! O:

FSLink

Banned
It's fully playable, although still missing a couple of extra things like the intro text, chapter titles, etc; hopefully nothing too essential. All of the actual, in-game text seems to be done and working and it seems to be a decent enough translation from what I've played. It should be updated sometime, it was just released this week.

This is a megaton to me. I've always wanted to try this game out.

Rashid

Banned
I would absolutely love it if I could use the Type-0 English translation on a Vita, would it be possible? Would it involve downloading the game from PSN, and adding adding something in? Really love Final Fantasy games.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Weird to see Yakuza 5 mentioned so much but Black Panther 1+2 not. We're a ways out from patching and playing a PS3 game being an accessible process, wheras PSP games are a cinch.

Oh yeah! Totally playing gonna play it this week.

Li Kao

Hmm...

Speaking about fan translation already planned
Valkyria Chronicle III
Front Mission II
Ys V

Speaking about translation without team, sad panda
Last Ranker
7th Dragon and sequel
Devil Summoner - Soul Hacker 1

Speaking about pipe dreams
Black/Matrix serie
Wachenroder
Hanjuku Hero serie

Just a sample here, the list would be far too long. Sad, sad panda.

Flamfas

Final Fantasy Type-0
Captain Rainbow
Ace Attorney Investigations 2

And then all the Tales ones (Destiny: DC, Destiny 2, Hearts, Rebirth, and Vesperia PS3 even though I don't have a modded PS3)

I'm especially anxious for Tales of Rebirth, and I get to be part of the beta testing for that. : o

zruben

Banned
Miles Edgeworth waits for AAI2 localization:

WtiXQCS.png

LOL. this.

Lots of them. The first ones I think of are always Ace Attorney Investigations 2 and Yakuza Kenzan.
The Japanese in those is pretty difficult.

Trails in the Sky SC should come pretty on top if not because of that last thread about it that instilled some trust in me.

I remember making a thread about all notable non english games, many of which deserving a fan translation.
I didn't think it through unfortunately so it wasn't very successfull, I'll do a second try next month, this time by defining more accurately what I mean by 'notable'.
And doing some deeper research on each game's status as "releasable" or "fantranslatable".

Exis

SegaGAGA.. I have waited to play this game for years and years and would kickstart the hell out of a translation.

shaowebb

Castle Shikigami 1. The use release of Mobile Light Force 2 completely stripped the audio and dialogue and that is a crime in Castle Shikigami games.

Brofield

Gonna need to rely on translations for Earth Seeker and Zangeki no Reginleiv

I still think it's a damn shame neither of those games got localized, they looked VERY interesting.

At least now I have a justifiable reason to set up Dolphin and play these in HD.

Foolworm

Adding my vote for 7th Dragon. Damnit Sega, why would you not put out your best handheld RPG in years is beyond me, Atlas did it with Etrian Odyssey and look what happened.

Also, Phantasy Star Generations 2.

I always wanted to translate this one. Loved the game. I don't have the technical know-how to make that a reality though, sadly. And no one wanted to work with me because they said it was unfeasible. Ah well.

Did you get any reasons as to why they said it was unfeasible or did they just say it and bail?

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Gonna need to rely on translations for Earth Seeker and Zangeki no Reginleiv

I still think it's a damn shame neither of those games got localized, they looked VERY interesting.

At least now I have a justifiable reason to set up Dolphin and play these in HD.

Dunno about Earth Seeker but I can't imagine anyone would have much difficulty playing Reginleiv even if you only have the most rudimentary understanding of the language. Other than weapon selection and upgrades it's very straightforward.

Don't wait, go play it!

cj_iwakura

This, same with Moonlight Syndrome. I want more pre-NMH Suda. Probably won't get it.

I would love this, but having started The Silver Case, you're talking one MASSIVE job. That game has an insane amount of text.

Castle Shikigami 1. The use release of Mobile Light Force 2 completely stripped the audio and dialogue and that is a crime in Castle Shikigami games.

Uh it's basically done, I released an open beta patch a while back. Just waiting on voices and errata.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Did you get any reasons as to why they said it was unfeasible or did they just say it and bail?

I want to say it was something about it being difficult to work in an emulator for testing? It's been awhile. It might be different now with the improvements they've made.

esperknight

Neo Member
Captain Rainbow (will be released in 2020 at this rate)

I was thinking more along 2050 for Captain Rainbow ;)

In all seriousness, it'll be sooner than you think :) It's actually my fault for the delay (I'm the hacker) as the translation is basically done and now I'm working on getting insertion in properly as the game is a pain with how the scripts are setup and the amount of pointers (talking 15k+ last I recall). Really it's been slow due to RL (tm) and other such things. I'm honestly hoping to see it released this year but please don't hold me to that (or the guys at Kirameki for that matter).

For those looking for Moon RPG Remix, I'm thinking this year as well. Same as above with RL (tm) but it's close too. Just working out bugs and misc. hacking that needs to be done and soon editing will start.

So hopefully this year will be a good year for Love-de-Lic fans :)

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I want to say it was something about it being difficult to work in an emulator for testing? It's been awhile. It might be different now with the improvements they've made.

Would be nice if the advancements PPSSPP is making helped jumpstart PSP fan translations. Seems like PSP is home to most (or at least many) of the games in need of one over the last decade or so.

Li Kao

I always wanted to translate this one. Loved the game. I don't have the technical know-how to make that a reality though, sadly. And no one wanted to work with me because they said it was unfeasible. Ah well.

Yup, I heard the same with 7th Dragon. Something is seemingly really difficult to handle in certain PSP games.

Madara 2 is the import RPG I want to have a translation of the most. It's a beautiful SFC JRPG from Konami and has what I consider to be one of the SFCs greatest soundtracks. Last I heard AGTP were making progress, but that was years ago.

Yeah! Madara 2 shared composers (and instrument samples) with Super Castlevania IV, though being an RPG with a punk rock teenage protagonist, the tone is a little different. Kind of an interesting parallel with how the Japanese version of Castlevania III and Madara I shared the symphonic-sounding VRC6 add-on chip on the Famicom.

Top Bottom