• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What features do you want in the Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection?

Harlequin

I hope they won't remove the SixAxis controls from Drake's Fortune (I'm one of the few people who actually liked them), though I kind of have a feeling they will. Maybe they could just make them optional? That way everyone's happy.

At this point. Any multiplayer, since it's practically confirmed that the collection will not have any sort of multiplayer at all and U4 Beta doesn't count.

dr_rus

Did anyone say "16x anisotropic filtering on all textures" yet? UC1 was the main offender here but both UC2 and UC3 would need this in 1080p as well.

Card Boy

Banned
Crushing mode unlocked from the start
Switchable left and right shoulder cam
Last of Us stealth system minus listen mode for all 3 games
Get rid of cover button and replace it with Last of Us cover system
More docos and making of videos and interviews
Uncharted Fight for Fortune for PS4 users
New guns in later Uncharted games in UC1
No QTEs

Drencrom

Did anyone say "16x anisotropic filtering on all textures" yet? UC1 was the main offender here but both UC2 and UC3 would need this in 1080p as well.

With this being a Bluepoint port and TLOU Remastered having great AF, I do think that is given.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Aside from the general improvements, I would love to have an explorable treasure room. Basically Nate's collection from all three games and you can go around and examine each of them.

I hope they won't remove the SixAxis controls from Drake's Fortune (I'm one of the few people who actually liked them), though I kind of have a feeling they will. Maybe they could just make them optional? That way everyone's happy.

They were always optional and could be adjusted in the menu.

rbanke

-Crushing unlocked without having to play through on an easier difficulty
-(pipe dream) Bonus unlock system added to Uncharted 3. Really missed the lack of it.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
To those who want Golden Abyss, it won't be included.

It clearly says "Drake's Fortune - Among Thieves - Drake's Deception" above the title.

We know. But the thread title is asking what we want in the collection.

We want it to be included.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Removal of the QTEs and Temple Run segments?
Uncharted is the anti-QTE. And it also predates Temple Run by 2+ years. Sooooo... yeah.
60fps please. Thanks. Also, figure some way to get rid of that compression on the cutscenes. Whether that be doing them in realtime or whatever the F.
Guys, please stop wanting to play Golden Abyss. It's not that good. It's not even Uncharted 1 good.

Chaplain

Uncharted 1:

Drake's movement/control changed to his movement/control from Uncharted 2: this includes all lag when moving Drake.
100% crash at the first encounter of the monsters to be fixed.

Uncharted 2.

100% crash near the end of the game to be fixed.

Would love:

All games to connect to each other without credits. Meaning, when Uncharted 1 is completed the game would transition directly into Uncharted 2.

StoveOven

Banned
Give all three games the mechanics of Among Thieves
Redo the textures and character models in Drake's Fortune (at least make the in-game character models look like the cutscene ones)
Unlock Crushing difficulty from the start
Make the final sections of Among Thieves not shit
Make the jet ski sections of Drake's Fortune not shit
No sixaxis grenade thowing in Drake's Fortune
Uncharted 4 demo instead of beta (Not going to happen, but I would prefer it)

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I just want UC1 to be fixed up really good. Its aged the worst IMO in terms of visuals, gameplay and performance, the other two games actually hold 30fps pretty well

stryke

Give all three games the mechanics of Among Thieves
Redo the textures and character models in Drake's Fortune (at least make the in-game character models look like the cutscene ones)
Unlock Crushing difficulty from the start
Make the final sections of Among Thieves not shit
Make the jet ski sections of Drake's Fortune not shit
No sixaxis grenade thowing in Drake's Fortune
Uncharted 4 demo instead of beta (Not going to happen, but I would prefer it)

I feel like I'm the only one who liked using sixaxis for grenades.

I really, really want Uncharted 3's melee system in Uncharted 1. Tweaks to climbing and the pacing of enemy encounters would also be welcome.

Drake's Fortune has my favorite setting and narrative in the series. Bringing the gameplay up to the standard of its successors would easily make it my favorite of the three.

I'm hoping this falls under the vague "range of improvements" they mentioned they'd be doing in addition to improving the graphics. If so, I'll buy it day one. If not, I may not bother at all.

Edit: Oh, and I'd be okay if they nixed the sixaxis stuff from Drake's Fortune.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I know, but that's not what I want. It's gonna feel weird going from 3 to 4 and seeing half the framerate. I'd rather they just push image quality instead.

TLoUR was pretty solid in both those regards. Without creating all new assets there's not much more they can do with a remaster that would force them to target 30.

hesido

I know, but that's not what I want. It's gonna feel weird going from 3 to 4 and seeing half the framerate. I'd rather they just push image quality instead.

I'm all for that weirdness. It'll be nice to experience uncharted at 60fps.

I feel like I'm the only one who liked using sixaxis for grenades.

You are not alone. Also, sniping in killzone2 was awesome, one of the best and meaningful uses of sixaxis. Of course removed later. Thank hardcore players not liking "gimmicks" and devs not bothering to give the option.

Top Bottom