• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What franchise would you like to be given to another company?

Pick a game franchise, and pick a different company to develop it! What would be your dream combination?

Personally I think a Zelda game done by Kojima Productions would be the greatest thing since sliced bread. I'd love to see the kind of crazy story they could come up with in that universe and the kinds of innovative gameplay mechanics they would implement. It'd be totally rad.

Also, I'd like to see the Spider-man franchise given to someone else. I'm not really sure who, but it seems like Activision/Vicarious Visions came very close to hitting the bull's eye with Spider-man 2, and ever since then they've been trying to figure out what exactly makes a good Spider-man game. Even Web Of Shadows, a game lacking any movie tie-ins left something to be desired. Batman gets a great game, why no love for the web-head? I bet Capcom could lovingly craft a great action game out of Spider-man, if given the opportunity. Just replace the guy from Bionic Commando with a man clad in blue and red tights, hire Tobey McGuire to do the voice acting and you're halfway there! :lol

What else?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Personally I think a Zelda game done by Kojima Productions would be the greatest thing since sliced bread. I'd love to see the kind of crazy story they could come up with in that universe and the kinds of innovative gameplay mechanics they would implement. It'd be totally rad.

Zelda is all about Gameplay.

autobzooty said:
Pick a game franchise, and pick a different company to develop it! What would be your dream combination?

What else?

What :lol

Zelda done by Blizzard.

Ciel

great post, op. My kneejerk reaction was LOL zelda gear solid. But then I was like oh shit zelda gear solid, fuck yeah.

To contribute, give anything that sucks to platinum of capcom.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
well, lets see... Tenchu and No More Heroes to someone who's not Ubisoft (for publishing), and maybe a Tales game by Nintendo would be sweet.
but then we would never see it stateside, yet it would be released in Europe

CiSTM

Banned
proposition said:
Thief by 2K Boston.

This. 2K Boston knows how to creat great atmosphere (SWAT4, System ShockII, Bioshock) and Thief is one of those games that could use 2K Boston's touch.

logo.gif

to

21o0bw6.png

So is revisiting classic properties something that WayForward actively seeks out?

SV: Being huge fans of classic gaming, WayForward is always looking for opportunities to reinvigorate brands. We have mentioned lists in other interviews, but we'll toss out some more favorites here: E.V.O. – The search for Eden, Ninja Cop, Metroid, Clash at Demonhead, Milon's Secret Castle, Dig Dug, River City Ransom, Yar's Revenge.

I'm sure there are a ton more, as well. Call us - We want to re-envision these games for the new generation!
After Contra 4 I am fully behind the idea of a WayForward developed Metroid game.

GrotesqueBeauty said:
After Contra 4 I am fully behind the idea of a WayForward developed Metroid game.

This may sound totally weird, but if they did a Milon's Secret Castle, I'd probably buy it day one. I watched that AVGN episode with it, and despite how bad it was, I felt like there was potential for something truly amazing there...sort of like Professor Layton with more action and if the puzzles were actually relevant to what you were doing.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Like to see

Kohan given to Stardock

Fatal Fury series to be given to Capcom

Samurai Shodown series to be given to Sirlin

Soul Calibur given to AM2

Final Fantasy given to Microsoft- as I'd enjoy the fanboy rage.

SonicMegaDrive said:
You get a SECRET BONUS POINT for not saying Nintendo.

I like to keep things feasible so as to keep the dream alive. Nintendo struggles to put out one of their own franchises once per year right now, how could they possibly do another? A Treasure made Sonic game just fascinates me a whole lot more.

Salazar

I want Valve to try a fantasy franchise.

I don't mind who makes Thief, as long as it gets made. Is there much love for it ?

SecretBonusPoint said:
I like to keep things feasible so as to keep the dream alive. Nintendo struggles to put out one of their own franchises once per year right now, how could they possibly do another? A Treasure made Sonic game just fascinates me a whole lot more.

Agreed.

I really don't have much more faith in Nintendo than I do Sega to produce a 3D Sonic game.

At least with Treasure, you pretty much know you're going to get quality, and pretty likely 2D quality. It would be interesting, and I'm a bit surprised Sega hasn't contracted them to do more work.

SONIC to anyone else than Sonic Team, really, nobody could possibly fuck it up much more than them, but I agree that Treasure would be a safe bet.

Salazar said:
I want Valve to try a fantasy franchise.

I don't mind who makes Thief, as long as it gets made. Is there much love for it ?
Given that it really should be the most lauded stealth game ever, no.

I'm pretty sure there is a Thief 4 in the works, though, being made by Eidos.

Foil

Legacy Of Kain to Naughty Dog.

I'm pretty sure they'd do a great job with it, and I trust some of the people at the company to make sure things don't go off in a stupid direction. Eidos sure as hell isn't using the franchise anymore.

Talk about an ip with so much life and potential left. Such an awesome world, characters, and premise that goes unused because they want to crap out Tomb Raider a few thousand times over.

Ganondorfo

Castlevania to team of God of war
Sonic to team of mario galaxy
Resident evil to the japanese team of silent hill
Jak and daxter to insomniac games
The legend of zelda to naughty dog
Shenmue to metal gear solid team
Killer instinct to team of tekken

autobzooty said:
This may sound totally weird, but if they did a Milon's Secret Castle, I'd probably buy it day one. I watched that AVGN episode with it, and despite how bad it was, I felt like there was potential for something truly amazing there...sort of like Professor Layton with more action and if the puzzles were actually relevant to what you were doing.
Have you played its sequel, DoReMi Fantasy? It's an awesome platformer for Super Famicom and they actually released it on virtual console. Unfortunately the game is 900 Wii points despite not having a lick of effort put into localization, even though there are complete fan translations floating around out there. Still, it rocks and is worth looking into if the series appeals to you even remotely.

8bit

Knows the Score
Metal Gear Solid to Nibris.

Ico to whoever made Ninjabread Man.

Saints Row to someone that went out of business.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Halo to Valve: Seriously, that would be the best thing ever.

Mass Effect to Obsidian: If only because I would love to see their take.

Gran Turismo to Bizarre Creations: Not that Polyphony are going to do a bad job (Far from it) but I would love to see Bizarre with an infinite budget, the result would be incredible.

Delio

Pokemon to Atlus. If anyone can make a Pokemon game that follows the manga a bit closer with a acutal story it is Atlus.

Sporty

Neo Member
I would love to see Silent Hill go to Team Siren. I used to love suspense and horror games, kinda sucks everything turned into action games this gen.

Top Bottom