• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Xenoblade DE. Never played the original and having a lot of fun. Also still hunting on the MH Rise demo.

I'm putting godly amount of time in Monster Hunter Rise demo, this going consume my life once full game releases.
Same here. I really can't understand how I haven't been bored of this after having done 50 or so hunts. Guess they have truly nailed the fun factor in this one.

TheSweeper

Finished by 1st playthrough of Cyberpunk2077 (Series X). On my second playthrough now. Also started the PS5 version of Spider-Man, which I'm enjoying quite a bit.

Ar¢tos

Where the Water Tastes like Wine.
I'm loving it!
Any game that is "different" gets my attention, and this one is different from nearly every other game i have played, it gives me "A Fool's Errand" vibes, even if the gameplay is not similar.
The music is great and being narrated by Sting also adds to the game.
The main negative is that the walking speed is really slow, even when whistling.

Moogle11

Banned
Finished up Cyberpunk on XSX earlier in the week and mostly enjoyed it. Only had 2 crashes in 63+ hours. Loved the story (including many of the little sidequest lines) and characters, gameplay etc. pretty meh for me.

Started up Tell Me Why. Really enjoying that. Finished chapter 1 and probably 1/2 way or so through Chapter 2. Enjoying piecing together their past and it looks really nice on XSX with the auto HDR.

Luigi’s Mansion 3- Need to get back and finish this up. Saved at the start of floor 10.

Demon’s Souls—going to fire this up a bit and see if I can get back into it and if not sell it off and just accept the PS5 is going to gather dust for a while as there’s just games I want to play more on Gamepass and I should have bought this later on (i.e. around Horizon 2).

Edit: dropping Demon’s Souls. Not salty or anything, just not and have too many games I’d rather play. Giving Bugsnax a go just to have something to play on PS5.

Last edited:

Aesius

Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC. I followed Hardware Unboxed's recommended settings and am now blasting through the game with a near locked ~100 FPS (dips to high 70s in cities) at 3440x1440 on a 3080 and it's just a visual feast.

The game itself is also really satisfying. I initially disliked the cumbersome movement and slow pace, but now I really enjoy it. It takes a while to break your conditioning from games where movement is basically 1:1 with your controller's joystick, but after acclimating, I think it works really well. I'm still in Chapter 2 but am working through every side quest and activity. Just taking my time and soaking in the world.

header.jpg

It's alright. The character dialog sounds like it was written by a 13 year-old. But, the game scratches the itch for a turn-based, old-school style JRPG.

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
The Crew 2.

The game is okay as far as Racing games go, nothing special. The real selling point is the huge open-world map. I just use the game as a road trip simulator and put some music on whilst I drive around. The races and AI could be better.

Moogle11

Banned
Recommend me some super fun rougelite or like. Coming from Hades I need something like it

Never tried it. Will give it a go thank you mate
Dead Cells if you haven’t played it. It’s a 2D side scroller and castlevania-ish in gameplay and while it lacks the strong narrative it is a rogue like that has the unlocks and power up to make future runs a bit easier hook. Binding of Issac lacks that and is just unlocking new items that may drop in future runs.

Rogue Legacy is another good 2D side scroller one with progression. I think the sequel is in early access as well.

Mista

Banned
Dead Cells if you haven’t played it. It’s a 2D side scroller and castlevania-ish in gameplay and while it lacks the strong narrative it is a rogue like that has the unlocks and power up to make future runs a bit easier hook. Binding of Issac lacks that and is just unlocking new items that may drop in future runs.

Rogue Legacy is another good 2D side scroller one with progression. I think the sequel is in early access as well.
Dead Cells is a masterpiece! Waiting for the DLC

cormack12

Gold Member
How are you liking Godfall? Need a good looter shooter in my life

Being honest I wasnt sold when I first tried it. However, I've gone back and read up on how

Breach damage
Soulshatter

Work. Unlocked a few skills and Im getting into it. Finesse weakpoints and the northern/southern attacks are good starters. The different valorplates are solid.

Its not a looter shooter though, more a looter brawler. The only thing thats a dealbreaker is the matchmaking which isnt there and honestly baffling.

If you aren't 100% on it and hyped it wont be worth £70 to you. Maybe wait for a sale. In the region of £40, maybe when the first DLC drops

Being honest I wasnt sold when I first tried it. However, I've gone back and read up on how

Breach damage
Soulshatter

Work. Unlocked a few skills and Im getting into it. Finesse weakpoints and the northern/southern attacks are good starters. The different valorplates are solid.

Its not a looter shooter though, more a looter brawler. The only thing thats a dealbreaker is the matchmaking which isnt there and honestly baffling.

If you aren't 100% on it and hyped it wont be worth £70 to you. Maybe wait for a sale. In the region of £40, maybe when the first DLC drops
Gotcha thanks for the reply 👍🏻

Orta

Banned
After enjoying the demo of part 2 I bought Little Nightmares for my Switch. If ever there was a game not suited to a small screen its this. Near impossible to see what is happening in dark sections and the number of times I've fallen to my death simply running along a straight path over its side is a piss-take. And as for the loading times, infuriating :messenger_pouting:

A clear case of just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. I'll try it docked later but in that case I would be just as well getting the PC version.

Well pissed off.

So I did get the pc version, difference is night and day. Beautifully crafted and eerie as hell, so good I went through it in one sitting whereas I was battling with and squinting at the Switch version. It's a terrible port.

Now I really can't wait for hopefully a much bigger sequel.

Last edited:
Just finished Final Fantasy 12: The Zodiac Age! Good game but not my favorite FF. Not very challenging either which is a plus since I'm not a teenager anymore and I don't have the time to grind levels for hours on end.

I'll probably start Ori and the Blind Forest and then Ori and The Will of the Wisps while I wait for The Medium to release at the end of the month.

I’ve been playing a lot of Spiritfarer. Such a nice change of pace and a good escape. It’s peaceful, has interesting characters and the daily “loop” is just the right amount of balancing your daily tasks and checking out new places. Really great if you’re a little warn out on Stardew Valley.

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
81COKL1xAUS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Manhunt on PS4.

I bought this a long time ago with other Rockstar classic titles such as Bully and the GTA Trilogy. I forgot how brutal and gritty this game is, it really has such an awesome atmosphere about it. The game is tense as hell playing through it. I'm still trying to figure out the stealth properly. It has aged better than I expected it to.

Love some of the level and character designs. Gives me the creeps!

bender

What time is it?
81COKL1xAUS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Manhunt on PS4.

I bought this a long time ago with other Rockstar classic titles such as Bully and the GTA Trilogy. I forgot how brutal and gritty this game is, it really has such an awesome atmosphere about it. The game is tense as hell playing through it. I'm still trying to figure out the stealth properly. It has aged better than I expected it to.

Love some of the level and character designs. Gives me the creeps!

The only game that has ever made me feel like a prude. I i thing it was asphyxiating an enemy with a plastic grocery bag that made me "nope" on the game.

Just finished Day of the Tentacle Remastered because GamePass, took me way back. Got the 1000 achievement points. Loved every minute again.

Also playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider - had avoided it because I'd heard it was bad, but it's exactly what I want from a Tomb Raider so far - more exploring, less killing of endless bad guys. I think it's harshly criticised. Seems way better than the borefest that was Uncharted 4. The actress that plays Lara is really wooden though. Actually all of the voice acting is disappointing. Fighting that big leopard thing got the heart pumping though.

Might start Immortals tomorrow, or try and get into Ghost of Tsushima again. Still waiting on a Miles Morales sale.

Last edited:

Rodolink

finished CP2077 and got a terrible ending so had to repeat last mission and was a PITA.
I'll just get the other 2 endings and be done with it.
Will start Nier A. and while im in the train, playing Bravely Default just started chapter 4...

Esca

Finished shadow of the tomb raider about a week or so ago and enjoyed it, though I feel it was the easiest of the new trilogy.

Picked up immortals Fenyx and have a dozen hours in it so far and am real enjoying it and I was just gifted call of duty cold War since I've been playing the free zombie mode trial a ton the last couple of days so going to be playing zombie and will start the campaign.

Nico_D

Finished FF X and Hades (on 56th escape attempt). Probably starting X-2 and/or Bastion next. That should carry me until Ryza 2 or Bravely Default 2 is released.

Just finished Dark Souls Remastered the other day. Have started Jedi Fallen Order while simultaneously progressing through Ace Combat 7 (In Mission 11)

assurdum

Banned
Death Stranding, SW Jedi Fallen Order. Almost finished SW. The state of this game is unforgivable, many, many bugs and glitches which will never be totally fixed, clearly. Tons of potential but I really hate the combat system based on simultaneous counterattacks; it's really frustrating to handle. A sequel should be a great hit but they have to revisit the combat for my tastes because there is something off about it. About Death Stranding is really a bizzarre beast. I hated it the first dozen of hours, now it's like a drugs. But it's really bad pacing and some mechanics completely annoying. It could be a lot better and people who hates it have my total solidarity.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

I think I'm nearing the end of Jedi fallen order. Been enjoying it very much. Easily the best Star Wars game I've had the pleasure to play (not that there is much stiff competition in the field).

Lots of spectacular set pieces, much in the vein of Uncharted, and the combat is intense and varying using different techniques and force tricks to utilize. The enemy placement can be sometimes be quite bad, with enemies lurking behind you to get a couple of cheap shots. Very annoying.

Looks so good and runs really well, locked 60 almost all the time. Some impressive vistas and moments of awe too, such as the climbing of the origin tree on Kashyyk or the boss encounter of Gorgana. You can tell Stigs influence from God of War 3 on several occasions. I hope he directs the sequel too.

Top Bottom