• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

stn

I played a bit of The Darkness 2 (X360) on Saturday, that's about it. Planning to beat it tonight as I am probably 1-2 hours from completing the story. Not sure what I'll play next.

MikeM

Series X: The Medium, Master Chief Collection (Halo 4). Trying to get through the most recent Halos before my Halo Infinite Series X arrives.

Ps5: Wreckfest (sooo good), Metro Exodus, COD WZ and CW.

Duchess

Finished FF7 Remake. Absolutely loved it. For me, the update made the whole adventure feel so much more epic.

Long game, though. 45 hours to finish. I was going to wait until Square had done it all to start playing. Glad I didn't..!

AndrewRyan

Since pre-ordering the Steam Deck have been looking for more twin-stick shooters in anticipation. Can't wait!

Watched some videos for Enter the Gungeon and was surprised how fun it looked since it didn't click with me the first few times playing. Guess I didn't play long enough since now am loving it! Playing it on Switch and not really happy with the performance but just switched to performance mode so hopefully it improves. Very challenging with lots of variety. Much more depth than I noticed originally.

Vanquish on the PS3. Got my ass kicked on the first level so I turned on casual to get up to speed.
The sound 3D sound effects give lots of environmental clues if you pay attention. Love Vanquish!

stranno

s4n3L9D.gif

Finished The Force Unleashed on N-Gage Service (so called 2.0). It is amazing how many great versions TFU had, and this one is pretty cool, considering the platform limitations with 3D graphics and controls. I'm wondering if Universomo used a PS1 engine to run the game, like Ideaworks3D did many times on N-Gage and N-Gage Service.

iOS had a "remastered" version of the game, but due touch gestures it is way too easy, compared to the N-Gage game.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Currently playing COD Cold War while waiting for Tales of Arise. I'm taking Friday and Monday off to enjoy it!

Last edited:

kunonabi

Tried to play Bloodhunt but controller support doesn't work so screw that. I give them a week to fix it before I delete it.

amigastar

Homeworld Deserts of Kharak
Diablo 2 with Eastern Sun mod (much better because bigger inventory)
Pathfinder Wrath of the Rightous

Yakuza like a dragon (still) ps5. This will be my last Yakuza unfortunately . Dont like the turnbase gameplay wish they stayed with the old gameplay. Will continu because i like the story. And metro exodus ps5

Tschumi

With Persona 5 and CP2077 done and VERY near end of AC Valhalla I play:

- Medievil PS4 (it's quite fun, I am a big fun of the series)
- Ni No Kuni 2 PS4 (just started)
- Resident Evil CVX PS3 - now this game is quite great, last typical RE I haven't played and PS3 version is amazing.

I think about Persona 4G on PC :pie_thinking:
How much cp2077 did you do? I've rerolled 3 times and i like this current one, but I've put about 80 hours into it in a scarily short time (i vastly prefer it on PC to my ps4 pro version, because of the accuracy of a mouse) and i haven't even cleared the starting area of jobs.. did you max it out or just the storyline? I think I've stretched it out hugely by insisting on trying to climb every building in the game via aircon unit jumping lol, and resolving every encounter with grab and non lethal takedowns and distractions lol

I went to the arasaka facility where you infiltrate the parade floats early and it was entirely empty of enemies... got that legendary smg that blows up enemies lol , threatening to derail my stealth approach

Catphish

Octopath Traveler on PC via GamePass.

I'm enjoying it, but I don't understand why we keep with the 8-bit pixelated shit. The ancillary graphics (lighting, reflections, etc) are modern, why not everything else? I appreciate the connection to the past, but I would have much preferred a higher resolution art style.

Still, I'll likely finish it. It's giving me the Final Fantasy vibes I've been missing.

partime

Just finished Alien Isolation in 4K yesterday, game is absolutely fucking beautiful. So many cool effects, so detailed although you're in a bland grey spacecraft. LOVED the ending with the out of control trams, fire everywhere, outside in your space-suite with debris flying.

still playing RDR2. games a little scattered. Im deep into Chapter 4 i believe. And most of the maps not even open. I haven't really gone off the beaten path much, because i assumed the story would kinda take me around. But it really hasn't to this point.

Also replaying the Avengers main campaign. With that year of nonsense that is avengers, i forgot how good that original playthrough was. Has some good setpieces and voice acting. I think it out does Spider-Man in some ways

Armorian

Banned
How much cp2077 did you do? I've rerolled 3 times and i like this current one, but I've put about 80 hours into it in a scarily short time (i vastly prefer it on PC to my ps4 pro version, because of the accuracy of a mouse) and i haven't even cleared the starting area of jobs.. did you max it out or just the storyline? I think I've stretched it out hugely by insisting on trying to climb every building in the game via aircon unit jumping lol, and resolving every encounter with grab and non lethal takedowns and distractions lol

I went to the arasaka facility where you infiltrate the parade floats early and it was entirely empty of enemies... got that legendary smg that blows up enemies lol , threatening to derail my stealth approach

I focused on main quest and major side quests firsts. After that when I knew I'm before final mission i completed majority of side quests. Game is amazing I think i had ~70h but I don't remember exactly. This is usually what i do on games like this, complete every interesting thing to do and leave uninteresting things lefts, there is not a lot left in CP but tons in ACV 🤣 This game is way worse than i expected after first ten hours....

Tschumi

I focused on main quest and major side quests firsts. After that when I knew I'm before final mission i completed majority of side quests. Game is amazing I think i had ~70h but I don't remember exactly. This is usually what i do on games like this, complete every interesting thing to do and leave uninteresting things lefts, there is not a lot left in CP but tons in ACV 🤣 This game is way worse than i expected after first ten hours....
fair enough!

I'm really enjoying it, but I think it's because it gives me a chance to endlessly do what i was doing in deus ex: human revolution lol... there's a lot to discover, getting better gear and stuff is fun, i think i expected it to be a total life sim before it came out but i have come a long way since :p mm, i find the story to be the weakest part of the game really, the best part are the random crimes and police missions imo... i loved how i fucked up Johtaro Shobo or whatever his name was early on and for the rest of the game since I've been reading communications with him from criminals all over the city lol

drganon

Finally completed my second playthrough of scarlet nexus. In the end, I'd probably give it a 7/ 10. Also beat neo twewy. That on the other hand I'd give a 9/10. It probably wont be my number one goty, but its soundtrack probably will be.

Currently playing through ys orgin and borderlands 1. The former is definitely different than the previous ys games I've played, but still fun so far. Borderlands 1 is also pretty fun.

Armorian

Banned
fair enough!

I'm really enjoying it, but I think it's because it gives me a chance to endlessly do what i was doing in deus ex: human revolution lol... there's a lot to discover, getting better gear and stuff is fun, i think i expected it to be a total life sim before it came out but i have come a long way since :p mm, i find the story to be the weakest part of the game really, the best part are the random crimes and police missions imo... i loved how i fucked up Johtaro Shobo or whatever his name was early on and for the rest of the game since I've been reading communications with him from criminals all over the city lol

Yeah this game is like open world DE, and I loved HR and liked MD. Story is some side missions is really good (cross, car ai etc.).

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Super C on the NES.

Might also start Killer 7 this weekend, since it's been sitting in my backlog for far too long. If anybody has played it... Should I go with the PC version? Or the GC one?
Octopath Traveler on PC via GamePass.

I'm enjoying it, but I don't understand why we keep with the 8-bit pixelated shit. The ancillary graphics (lighting, reflections, etc) are modern, why not everything else? I appreciate the connection to the past, but I would have much preferred a higher resolution art style.

Still, I'll likely finish it. It's giving me the Final Fantasy vibes I've been missing.
Lots of people like the pixel style. Just look at the DQ III remake, or the recently released pixel remaster for the classic FF games.

Glad you are liking the game. I really liked it's style, music and combat system. Good shit.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Finished up MOH: Allied Assault, Gun, and MW 2019.

Trying to get into Max Payne 3. So many cutscenes...
I found Max Payne 3 to be a slog in the second half. The controls on console are garbage and the aiming feels off. Was more fun looking for golden gun parts than actual shootouts.

Catphish

Super C on the NES.

Might also start Killer 7 this weekend, since it's been sitting in my backlog for far too long. If anybody has played it... Should I go with the PC version? Or the GC one?

Lots of people like the pixel style. Just look at the DQ III remake, or the recently released pixel remaster for the classic FF games.

Glad you are liking the game. I really liked it's style, music and combat system. Good shit.
Love the combat system. I love everything about it, actually, except the pixels. 😤

joseph7jk

Currently playing Tales of Arise (PC), Scarlet Nexus (PC), Costume Quest (PC), The Legend of Heroes - Trails of Cold Steel II (PC), Resistance 1 (PS3), Persona 5 (ps3), Tales of Vesperia (PC)

CitizenZ

Banned
Little Nightmares. Never played it before, so got it via PS Now. A bit frustrating in places, but overall I'm enjoying it.

I really struggle why this game is so highly rated. Its straight up, do this exact or fail and repeat. I love the atmosphere, art design but for gameplay design, IMO, its pretty bad and puzzle, exploration type games are my favorites.

Duchess

Its straight up, do this exact or fail and repeat.
Agreed, yes. This is a failing. Again, it's quite frustrating in places.

There was one bit, right at the bloody start, where you fall down a hole and then have a avoid a number of insta-kill enemies, in a dark room. Maybe I did it wrong, but having to do it over and over again was really tedious, and it doesn't even checkpoint you after you get past it. There's some platforming to do after that, and if you fail, you end up at the insta-kill enemies again. Oof.

Cryio

I recently had the revelation that Splinter Cell games run vastly better on GameCube than on PS2 emulators.

So now I'm replaying the first 4 Splinter Cell games.

Done with SC1, now going through Pandora Tomorrow.

On PC, between SC1 and Pandora Tomorrow, there wasn't an improvement in visuals, besides Sam's character model and water shader. On consoles though? Tremendously more shadows in Pandora Tomorrow. Tremendously better shadowing for Sam AND NPCs. And the water is also amazing here. In SC1, it didn't look like you were properly shadowed most of the time. As if you had some indirect lighting on you at all times. Pandora Tomorrow fixed this.

GameCube vs PS2 though? For SC1, PS2 has one entire extra level. And it's a hefty one too. For Pandora, everything present on PS2 is available on GameCube as well. I do believe though GameCube has extra shadows and more enemies than PS2.

GymWolf

F.is.t. forged in shadow, i thought the game was mostly combat oriented but it does have some stealth parts, some puzzles and some kinda challenging platform parts, i guess it adds to the variety...

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Playing Tales of Arise (PS5) really enjoying my time so far, the game looks really good and runs pretty smoothly too.

Strange Journey Redux (3DS) still going through it on impossible difficulty, some this encounters can destroy me.

Finished up MOH: Allied Assault, Gun, and MW 2019.

Trying to get into Max Payne 3. So many cutscenes...

Yeah, if anything, that's the game's biggest drawback. It really gets bogged down by those seemingly superfluous cutscenes. I honestly would've preferred if they had stuck to telling the story through the comic panels format and in some cases just let sequences play out in front of you.

Still, I let that pass since the gameplay is pretty good imo and its got some awesome shootout moments.

New York Minute Hardcore mode kind of resolves this issue btw. But you gotta set yourself on playing through the game on only one life with countdown timer on top.

Stick with it. For me it's probably the best third person shooter, ever.
Rockstar definitely seemed to have gone balls out on the game. There's even some stuff in there that probably wouldn't fly in the current climate and cause outrage among certain "crowds".

Its a tragedy the game didn't sell better though and that Rockstar Vancouver (same studio developed Bully) went out of business probably due to the underwhelming sales performance of the game. Seems like it made Rockstar turn around on doing traditional SP games and refocused their efforts on developing large scale open world games instead which is a shame.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Finally got around to psychonauts 2 after I've been away on holiday. Effing incredible so far and can comfortably say its catapulting itself to the forefront of my goty running.

Arcadialane

Playing through Aladdin on the SNES and the game is great even 30 years later. The levels have a great flow to them and the platforming is satisfying. Each level is very different, and feels like a lot o attention went into the design of each of them. Feels better than most games I play today in the genre.

Aladdin_%28SNES%29_40.gif

Reactions: stn
Top Bottom