• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

HE1NZ

Banned
Resident Evil Revelations 2. Absolutely loving it. Very focused story set in one location that has actual intrigue. Well paced gameplay and fun new monsters. Mechanics for switching characters and inventory management are quite fun. For some reason I've heard only bad things about this, but it's the best RE since 4 in my opinion.

Last edited:
Moonlighter on switch - expected more. Both the shop sim and the dungeon crawling seem pretty barebones basic so far. In golem dungeon with an upgraded bow and sword
Kingdom come on ps4 - janky, but thats okay with me! Im enjoying it so far, barely even scratched the surface of the game though - at the village that i had to warn about the oncoming army

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Found some PS3 games as the thrift store today for $2.50 - Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Dark Souls. Never played this version of Souls before and I’m starting it up right now...

pr0cs

Finished God of war, started Shadow of the Collosus which is ok considering how old it is, camera control is infuriating at times and I hate the horse, rdr2 obviously ruined me.
Oh and Moss on Rift CV, fantastic game, cannot see how people think Astrobot is better

Rodolink

Just finished Dark Souls 1 finally after so many years never giving it the proper time. (Went directly to DS2 at the time) i found it the easier of them all thus enjoying it twice as much. Terrible ending I got though, and still wanted to try out some things. But now lazy to do n+. FS should give the option to start over or not :(

Still playing FF Tactics and still finding it very entertaining. Still trying to build my OP party. Already have one arithmetician but dont really know how to use it or which abilities to get.

CAB_Life

Nier Automata, finally. (And ESO as usual, too.) Don’t know why it took me so long to get into it considering I’m a Drakengard fanboy. I think it was the robotIc enemies. Hopefully the next iteration goes back to dark fantasy.

SweetShark

Resident Evil Revelations 2. Absolutely loving it. Very focused story set in one location that has actual intrigue. Well paced gameplay and fun new monsters. Mechanics for switching characters and inventory management are quite fun. For some reason I've heard only bad things about this, but it's the best RE since 4 in my opinion.

I don't know if it a sin for saying this but Resident Evil Revelations 2 is better than Resident Evil 2 Remake.
Reason? The RPG spin-off game!!!
MY GOD!!! It is perfect!!!

After a three year old break from most gaming activity (and apparently missing a whole lot of things happening to Neogaf including a new forum look that is confusing as hell to a 40 year old like me..) after having a daughter, I've recently updated my computer with a Ryzen 2600 and started playing Doom (2016). And I can't stop playing it. It's the most fun I've had with a game since Doom in 1994 (I know it released in 1993, but I only got to play it in 1993 when I finally had a 486 DX33) . Everyone who likes video games should play this.

Justfullmetal

Neo Member
Devil may cry HD collection for 360
Dmc devil may cry
Devil may cry 4
Been playing through them all. I really like devil may cry. It’s awesome. I’m just getting into it now because I never really played it before
Fortnite on mobile
That’s it really

Verdanth

Still with Death Stranding, since I paused it to play Fallen Order.

I need to speed up things with Death Stranding, it's starting to drag.

Played some Code Vein over the weekend, but despite loving the general feel of it...the hitboxes and all-consuming animations really let the game down. So i'm dropping that now, unfortunately.

Gone back to see if i can endure Destiny some more. I love the shooting mechanics, but the UI, the mission structure and complete lack of informatin really bogs down the new user experience.

Also delving back into REmake2, sice Remake3 was announced. Just for shits and giggles with the Infinite pistol ammo.

Shmunter

Finished Spider-Man including the 3 dlc packs. Solid if a bit PG, but that’s the IP, game is super polished.

Finally starting Evil Within 2. Loved the first one.

Also remembered to set to unlocked framerate and system to 1080p on the pro. The 60fps is immediately evident and totally worth it.

Meowzers

Fifa 20 :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Career mode only. Hate FUT with a passion. May buy myself Control for New Year. I always buy a new game every New Year.

Orta

Banned
Got fed up of waiting for Robocod to be discounted on the Switch so I bought it this evening.

Urrgh, similar graphics but different levels and crucially, the gloriously silly music from the slick Megadrive version is gone. It's still vaguely similar but a lot of the charm has been lost.

Thanks but no thanks.

Switch:

Megadrive:

Last edited:

AbZeroNow

Neo Member
Been playing quite a bit of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Enjoying the experience, mostly exploring and occasionally advancing the story (I like the Zora's Domain stuff).

Mr Hyde

Currently playing the Sinking City and so far it´s really good. It´s kinda like old school Silent Hill with H.P Lovecrafts collected work as backdrop for the setting and story. I see a little bit of Dagon, Chtulhu and Innsmouth as well as other influences and they all come together nicely, and the story so far is great, really exciting with all the detective work and mapping out your route.

The atmosphere is phenomenal, with rain pouring down endlessly, spooky houses and citizens that gone bat shit crazy due to a mysterious "curse" that´s plaguing the town. You pick up evidence as you go, talking to towns folks and shoot nasty creatures in the face. The monster design is ripped straight out of Silent Hill and I love it. The combat is clunky as shit but it does the job, SH was clunky as hell too and it didn´t really affect the overall quality of the games.

I´ve been on a real Lovecraft-bender recently. I played through Call of Cthulhu, it was okay, story and characters were good but the gameplay kinda sucked and it was short too, and now it´s Sinking City. After that I will buy Sundered: Eldritch Edition and Lovecrafts Untold Stories. I´ve also ordered Castle Freak on Blu-ray which is based on one of his short stories and some books with his collected works to see and read during christmas. Love this mans stories.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I have given up on ShenMue 3. The second part felt just like the first.

Played some Mizzurna Falls:
0-E85-EFE4-A149-4697-8244-3-C09891-E7-DE1.jpg

7-E20-EE67-B3-EF-405-A-92-A3-3333398-B621-B.jpg

A776-E1-F5-0-B75-42-D2-AD5-A-DA82-CDC758-AD.jpg

Bought it for a good price on eBay. It’s a bit clunky around the edges, the time to get things done is difficult, and I wish it was in English. Otherwise it has a cool setting and characters.

Been playing more Modern Warfare and misc titles. Not really set on anything atm due to being sick.

I’m currently playing original RERemake on my PS4 and god damn, I miss the fix camera RE game. I wouldn't mind seeing new RE game on PS4 or PS5 with fix camera.

The lack of oversight thanks to the fixed camera positions make the old games so much more intense experiences.

stranno

Finished The Touryst. I think it is a bit overrated since it is a short game with little content and not really smart puzzles. But its definitely a good looking game and, after billions of awful voxel-style games, pretty much every single game in Google Play, its a breath of fresh air to see something like this or Voxatron.

Touge R. It is one of those 47 XBOX exclusive games in Japan that are being translated by fans in the latest years. The core experience is a game like Initial D or Tokyo Xtreme Racer, with some Gran Turismo features: like the credits, the driving licenses (in form of challenges) and the progression. But graphics area mediocre (considering XBOX ran games like Forza Motorsports or RalliSport Challenge) and drifting controls are really clunky. At least for my taste.

Mr Hyde

Been absolutely absorbed by the Sinking City, I cant believe this game has gotten such tepid reviews. It's great and by far the best Lovecraftian-game I've played since Bloodborne. The story is gripping and I love the detective work, piecing together clues and mapping your route.

Phase

Just finished God of War, and currently playing The Last Guardian. It's a good change of pace. Loving it so far.
Finished The Last Guardian. Loved it. Emotional with a great ending.

Now I'm about an hr into Enslaved: Odyssey to the West!

Kev Kev

just put an hour into outer worlds and wasn't super impressed. there was some stuttering and i just wasn't feeling very immersed. the controls did feel great, the graphics were prettya nd coorful, i love the space setting, the lore seems interesting, the dialogue and options were actually fantastic (it felt like my decisions really mattered and had an imapct). the fighting and shooting ill have to dig into more to really ahve an opinion on it. overall it was enjoyable and ill keep at it... but yeah not feeling like it was "GOTY matterial" or the "fallout/bethesda killer" that i heard some people describing it as. but still good.

i also downloaded ori and the blind forest, ARK survival, monster hunter world, yuka laylee and batman arkahm knigiht

^of those which do yall suggest i try next?

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
just put an hour into outer worlds and wasn't super impressed. there was some stuttering and i just wasn't feeling very immersed. the controls did feel great, the graphics were prettya nd coorful, i love the space setting, the lore seems interesting, the dialogue and options were actually fantastic (it felt like my decisions really mattered and had an imapct). the fighting and shooting ill have to dig into more to really ahve an opinion on it. overall it was enjoyable and ill keep at it... but yeah not feeling like it was "GOTY matterial" or the "fallout/bethesda killer" that i heard some people describing it as. but still good.

i also downloaded ori and the blind forest, ARK survival, monster hunter world, yuka laylee and batman arkahm knigiht

^of those which do yall suggest i try next?
Arkham Knight.

bender

What time is it?
Close to wrapping up Halo Reach, adventure mode in CTR: Nitro Fueled, and Torchlight 2. I had fond memories of Reach and replaying it with fresh eyes hasn't dampened my thoughts. It's probably my second favorite Halo campaign after Combat Evolved. Torchlight 2 on the other hand is worse than I remembered and I wasn't in love with it when it launched. I never played the original CTR and I'm still having a hard time grasping the drift mechanics. Not really loving the track design either.

I started playing Fallen Order and after getting Force Push on the second planet, I'm not sure I will continue. It's got way too much of Uncharted's traversal system in it which I find dull.

I'll probably try to sink my teeth into Ace Combat 7 or Judgement tomorrow.

Jurassic Park Evolution on PS4. Finally decided to grab it on the current sale since I have been wanting it forever... I love it so far. I enjoy these peaceful building games. Simple, yet plenty of content to the game. Just unlocked the 2nd island to build on =)

pr0cs

After what seems like a bazillion years I finished Shadow of the Collosus.
It had its moments but fuck me the camera is fucking terrible and I wanted to love Agro but RDR2 and its horse mechanics ruined me, the horse in Shadow drove me fucking mental.
Good game that just didn't age well

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
After what seems like a bazillion years I finished Shadow of the Collosus.
It had its moments but fuck me the camera is fucking terrible and I wanted to love Agro but RDR2 and its horse mechanics ruined me, the horse in Shadow drove me fucking mental.
Good game that just didn't age well
Remaster or original?

Tahj

I caved & bought Borderlands 3 on PS4 - was gonna wait til Apr. when it was on Steam, but then it was on super sale & I buckled like a belt XD -.but man, I am loving it, already decided to double dip when it comes to Steam.

SleepDoctor

Banned
Finished Control.
Jumping on Civ 6

But fuck its been so long since I played Civ Rev so I gotta relearn everything and the tutorial is so slow and boring

Hostile_18

Banned
Silent Hill 1

It was always my favorite of the series but upon reflection it's not as great as I thought it was by today's standards. The graphics are rough and theres not too many locations and some of the puzzles really spike in difficulty.

That been said I love the characters in this game Harry, Darlia, Lisa (RIP), Cybill and Dr Kaufman. The setting is amazing too.

Overall I'd give it a 5/10 (average). Looking forward to moving on to 2-4 next.

Last edited:
Top Bottom