• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

1morerobot

Super Mario 3D World. All I have left is Champion's Road, which is kicking my ass. Loving it though.

Mario Odyssey. Been off and on with it since launch. I was trying to finish 3D World first but I couldn't resist. Absolutely loving it.

cucuchu

MHW on Xbox one x... I am probably playing very in-efficiently in terms of HR progression but I'm having a blast playing coop when it works so whatever

Metal Gear Survive, PS4 Pro I will be playing this weekend to see if its something I want to stick with. Seems pretty solid so far though

PUBG XBOX one x, always try to get a game or two in every day.

Kingdom Come, Xbox one X, putting this one to the side for now since I am limited on time and the other games I am playing rely more on multiplayer so figure I'll play those while the games are fresh and communities are strong.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Final Fantasy 6 on my phone. Never played it. I know it's supposed to be one of the great FFs but I'm not getting it. At times, the tone shifts very quickly from serious to silly and it takes me out of the game. I just did the opera house part, which I know if a famous part, but I didn't get what was supposed to be so great...?

Darkness and Starlight? It's probably because you are seeing so much expression and maybe not enough emotion from the 2D characters. It's good for me because I'm seeing each part separately and not as a whole. I have learned how to enjoy the parts I like. I can't say every single silly thing in Final Fantasy games are enjoyable, but they aren't terrible. To me, the silly humor is there to pass the time from one scene to the next. And for the most part it carries a lot quality to each scene. It's not like FFT or Tactics Ogre where you're dealing with this raw seriousness during each dialogue sequence.
It's ok if you don't like it. I can definitely see someone else having a different opinion. I also think they made FF6 look like crap with those odd character models. Try watching or playing the original version and see if you enjoy it.

I have been focusing on Monster Hunter World for the last few days. I've had a blast, even if I'm spending an hour or two trying to upgrade a piece of equipment.

Last edited:

rexpro

Neo Member
just started playing (for the 5th time) Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst with some friends over the Ultima server, You should play this at least for history lessons or some laughs at how console MMOs started.

Also playing Dragon Ball FighterZ and SFV regularly.

I think this has covered my entire January and February...

MrMorningMan

Neo Member
Just starting Mass Effect 2 on the Xbox One X using backward compatibility after finally making it through Mass Effect 1. That forced V-Sync and 16xAF is going to make it look like new.

hyfuhim

Neo Member
Newest one I'm enjoying is the terraforming sim Terragenesis - they offer a lot of progress-for-ad-views, but the mechanism they use to offer them is pretty ignorable. Also still playing Disney Magic Kingdoms because I'm a Disnerd, but honestly it's getting to be a grind. I played a bit of Ski Safari again recently, too - still fun.

Last edited:

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
Dark Souls on my PC, as I have been working my way through all the games.

I have beaten DS II, DS III, and Bloodborne. I didn’t have a gaming PC when DS II SotFS came out, started playing that until Bloodborne came out.

After beating those 3, I decided to get it on Steam and see what I was missing, it has been absolutely amazing so far!

Bloodborne is probably still my favorite with DS and DS II tied, then DS III after those. I am still hoping to play Demon’s Souls after I beat DS.

There is just something about Souls/Borne games that I just can’t put them down. The last couple years, I have gotten a ton of new games, but I find my way back to these. I still haven’t finished Mario Odyssey, Zelda BotW, The Last Guardian, Horizon, Final Fantasy XV, Final Fantasy XII, Shadows of the Colossus remake and many other titles. Just don’t know what it is.

Although, after I finish DS, I am going to take a break and play some other games, maybe. I might replay DSIII on the PC with some 4K goodness at 60FPS. Having games play at 60FPS on my 4k monitors, has become something hard to give up.

Last edited:

Grimmrobe

I'm playing Sins of a Solar Empire currently. Really awesome RTS/ Grand Strategy hybrid - I'd recommend it to anyone who likes either genre.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Just started up Bayonetta, I kinda suck at it thought.
What makes you say that? There's always a learning curve.

I'm playing Sins of a Solar Empire currently. Really awesome RTS/ Grand Strategy hybrid - I'd recommend it to anyone who likes either genre.

Rebellion, Trinity, or the original release? I like it because of it being a hybrid. It's easier for me than Master of Orion was. I had always wanted to get into that, but a group I LANned with years ago got me into SoaSE. I had to get Rebellion when I realized how much fun I could have with it.

Last edited:

Nullabe

Age of empire : DE

Great remake but pathfinding and IA can be frustrating sometimes. I hope they will patch that but i still get some fun here.

Catphish

Rocket League - The best pick-up-and-play, totally skill-based, easy-to-learn-difficult-to-master game on the planet, even though playing with randoms can be a ridiculously frustrating --nay-- ENRAGING experience.

Forza 7 - Just damn fun track racing. Recommended if you have a wheel. The experience with a controller is meh, imo.

Subnautica - If this game doesn't scratch your adventure itch, you need medical treatment. Recommended wholeheartedly.

Last edited:

NovumAngel

Banned
What makes you say that? There's always a learning curve.

Rebellion, Trinity, or the original release? I like it because of it being a hybrid. It's easier for me than Master of Orion was. I had always wanted to get into that, but a group I LANned with years ago got me into SoaSE. I had to get Rebellion when I realized how much fun I could have with it.
Haha yeah I know, just being a little self-deprecating because I died a few times one of the levels.
Glad to be finally having a go at it though after a few years sitting on the backlog.

Corrik

Age of empire : DE

Great remake but pathfinding and IA can be frustrating sometimes. I hope they will patch that but i still get some fun here.
Sounds like they made a faithful remake if those problems still remain!

Last edited:
Genji on ps2 - I’m trying to play through my entire ps2 baclogue, which is huge because a few years ago I went on a video game collecting spree. The game is actually pretty awesome.

Metroid other M - actually just beat this one. Very fun game with a very dumb story.

Persona 3 on psp - game is ok for what it is, but the music is mostly terrible.

_Justinian_

Gold Member
Legend of Zelda : A Link to the Past (SNES)

Haven't played this game in over two decades! Just finished the first dungeon in the Dark World. I think I've become a little rusty. I don't remember the game being as challenging as this when I first played it as a teenager. Still, enjoying it all the same.

DryvBy

Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Agency of Mayhem, and Wolfenstein II right now on PS4.

Hearts of Iron 4 and Civilization 6 on PC.

solid mike

Switch - Breath of the Wild
PC - Torchlight II and CSGO

I would definitely recommend anyone to play BotW. It is just one of the best experiences in gaming I've had in a while this past decade.

Torchlight 2, it's too early to tell but it is hella fun and doesn't seem at all like a chore to play. CSGO when you want to feel exhilaration from doing flick sniper shots. Fun with 4 friends for competitive matches.

As always, too many to mention. I'm addicted to Skyrim once again, now on Switch. Also poked a little at Final Fantasy XII remake on PS4 over the weekend, and I sink almost as much time into Fallout 4 (also PS4) as I do Skyrim.

Bolivar687

Banned
Picked back up a New Game+ file I started on the Witcher 3 to put my 1440p monitor through its paces. It almost seems like thats it's intended native resolution, as I always had a few minor visual hangups at 1080p.

Finishing the Bloody Baron questline and it still holds up as one of the most well done story arcs in gaming.

I was playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance on PC, but I would not recommend this game at the moment. Not because it's a bad game, it's not, it's a really good game, hell it's surprisingly good, and I don't know why. Maybe it's the pacing? The realism? I don't know, but what killed it for me was a major game breaking bug. I got to a point several hours into the game where I can't make any progress and I have zero control over it. For those of you who have played the game, I'm referring to the mission Baptism of Fire, where, "too many men have died." even though none of my men have died. Anyway, I would totally recommend this game down the line when the bugs have been patched.

Currently playing Battlefront 2, so far so good.

I was playing Tales of Berseria (10 hours in) and absolutely loving that riight before Microsoft decided to drop a nuclear bomb on my mancave and update Crackdown to be not only backwards compatible, but Xbox One X enhanced as well. Now I can't stop playing that. I spent the entire day at work planning my time so that when I got home, I could maximise my time playing it :p. I'll take the dust cover back off of my PS4 and continue playing Tales of Berseria when I'm done with Crackdown (assuming no other titles are updated in the interim). What a game.

Ban Puncher

7fd.jpg

Playing through The Hidden Ones DLC for Assassin's Creed Origins at the moment. Decided to take a break from Battlefront 2 until they announce what they are doing to the progression system, which should be sometime this month. I've been tossing the idea around for a week about getting back into Fallout 4 and finishing up Far Harbor and moving onto Nuka World, but I'll most likely move onto Mario Odyssey once I'm done with the Hidden Ones.

Lucky for me, the next game I plan on buying (unless something else is announced that's interesting enough in between) is Red Dead Redemption 2. I fully intend to allow it to consume my life.

ScrapBrain

Just started going through Bayonetta on Steam. I forgot how awesome this game is, and it runs amazingly on PC. A really well done port, really happy with it thus far

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I'm pretty much right at the end but have enjoyed the game so much I'm stretching it out getting all of the rare blades, completing their affinity charts (enjoying a lot of the back stories and side quests for each) and doing a bunch of NPC quests. About 150 hours put in and it's up there as one of my favorite games.

Also playing Super Metroid again. Accidentally ended up beating a couple of the bosses out of order but that's one of the things that makes the game so great.

still playing Dynasty Warriors 9.

combat is pretty great and I really like the trigger/reactive system and the dash-cancels. kinda miss the aesthetic of the dial-a-combo of past DWs but the new system has really great adaptive dueling and a great emphasis on mobility.

plus it's got probably the most killer new DW battle track in a while haha

saw this over on another forum and once you got full epics that's some pretty silly combos you can do.

probably keep playing DW9 a while... i'm a bit over 100 hours in and still feel like there's so many story chapters to see yet, or weapons I want spend more time with.

got Secret of Mana (PS4) next on the list tho... thing I'm gonna go for it just for a relaxing little playthrough and to enjoy the music.

OH-MyCar

Monster Hunter World
Street Fighter 5 (practicing against bots because I'm a coward)
and I'm thinking about giving Dark Souls 3 or Bloodborne another genuine, open-minded shot. I must've been one of the dozen people that loved DeS, DS1, DS2 and couldn't warm-up to those two; I actually liked Nioh a lot more.

jwillenn

I finished the standard/story campaign of Monster Hunter World last night

but I'm still grinding to get more stuff! I really enjoy the game.

MickeyPhree

Posted 60 replies back or so but my 100% achievement run of Dark Souls 3 is finally done. Next up is South Park Fractured But Whole.

Shifty

I've been beaning my face off of the Lingering Will fight in KH2FM critical mode. He's no walk in the park, that's for sure.

I also got into Elite: Dangerous yesterday and hoo boy it seems like a deep rabbit hole to fall down.

Last edited:
New 2 neogaf. I'm playing Clive Barkers Jericho on the Xbox 360. Got this at a garage sale a few weeks back. Great game so far. Not to give much away but u play as a team of 5 and u can switch to any member. (gotta play to find out why u can switch to any team member). Each member has different strengths and weapons. Great time killer.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Monster Hunter World
MGS V - I figured with the Survive game coming out, I should actually finish MGS V and completely ignore Survive. The Fox Engine is a marvel.

TheSweeper

Witcher 3 (XBox One X). My third playthrough. This time wearing heavy armor. I love this game. Even after hundreds of hours it still is immensely entertaining.

Top Bottom