• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

sssssszzzzz

Neo Member
Have only been playing Xenoblade Chronciles II and Kingdom Come: Deliverance since about christmas, too much stuff to do in the job. Always those pesky long RPGs that I cherish but can hardly finish :) Love both for very different reasons, and hope to be done by the time Sea of Thieves arrives.

I also have two close friends who I always play Civilization VI and Endless Space 2 with. This also makes for less time on SRPGs. ;)

VertigoOA

Banned
I have the biggest backlog with Yakuza Kiwani, Yakuza Zero, Horizon, Nier and South Park just to name a handful BUT I'm currently chipping away at assasins creed, persona and dark souls 3 while Destiny 2 stays constan.

RedCarp04

Banned
Currently playing Them's Fightin Herds and getting my ass woop online. I have to say despite that, I have been enjoying the game. Its fun trying to figure out the controls, how to do combos and learning to read opponents.

Amory

Just finished Yakuza Kiwami (my first Yakuza game!) and now I'm jumping into Yakuza 0. Liking it so far.

I'm also playing through the original MGS again, in a quest to play through the whole MGS series (I'd only played 1 and 2 before but mostly forgot the story).

This game is....rough. It hasn't aged well and once you've played it and know all the ways to beat the bosses and the little tricks it plays, all you're left with is a bad looking, horrifically controlling backtrack fest. The story isn't as good as I remember it being, either.

ptuck874

man I am still hooked on cod ww2 multiplayer, got to max prestige mode now, level 58 or so, and I got some great stuff during the sales last december and with ps+ adding bloodborn (which I never played) , well lets say I got a backlog a mile high lol, that 2 tb hard drive is paying for itself that I put in the ps4 lol

pawel86ck

Banned
Righ now I'm playing Alan Wake, great gamepad controls and gameplay mechanics, amazing atmosphere and visuals.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Last edited:

Catphish

I am still playing GT Sport, never imagined i would get into it. Just seems so simple and uncluttered.
Agreed. I picked it up from the library last week, and can't put it down. I'm having a real hard time deciding which is better; GT Sport or Forza 7.

Last edited:
Playing mostly Kingdom Come the past two weeks (according to steam) don't know how I managed to fit in 60 hours... sadly I'm almost done the main quest :( game is fantasic and definitely evokes feelings of playing Oblivion for the first time when I was 13.

Previous post mentioned Alan Wake and since my steam library is full of games I never played much of or beat, I think that one would be great to revisit on the couch in 4K

MrMorningMan

Neo Member
Fracture on the Xbox 360. What a game! The mechanic of deforming terrain with your arsenal of weapons and explosives is super fun. Lowing the terrain to create a trench to avoid fire or raising stone columns to access hidden areas. It offers quite a bit of flexibility in how you tackle an encounter.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Currently playing Mario & Rabbids Kingdom Battle for Nintendo Switch. About 75% complete with the game. Once im finished with the game, I'll move on to The Curse of the Pharaohs expansion for Assassin's Creed Origins which starts a good run of games/expansions that im going to play. After that, it will be time for Far Cry 5 and God of War for PS4 followed by Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze for Switch. So basically, my gaming schedule is set for the next few months leading into E3 2018.

Dubloon7

Banned
(Feb and March 2018):
Playing:
  1. No Mans Sky,
  2. Rayman Legends (only the challenges to get that redundant, ridiculous Platinum),
  3. Sexy Brutale,
  4. Super Motherload

JUST finished:
  1. SOMA (easy mode),
  2. RiMe
  3. Nioh: Complete Edition

YakuzaNo1

Banned
Currently playing FF dissidia ps4, I think its really great but there is a lack of sp content which if your a fan of FF you can forgive.

SpiceRacz

Running through SNES games on my Pi. Just finished Donkey Kong Country 3 for the first time today. Now I'm about 2 hours into Chrono Trigger.

Hinedorf

Banned
Persona 5 mostly. It's pretty damn good. Story and characters are far more engaging than the last two and the return of so many classic elements is much appreciated. I was playing Dragonball FighterZ too but the online was rubbish so I've pretty much dropped it.

I'm 65 hours into Persona 5 right now and I cannot believe it was off my radar all last year. One of the most fantastic RPG's I've ever played, the sound is amazing the art style really pops on the screen. Everything about this game is so awesome I've put all game buying on pause until I finish it. For the first time in my life I'm actually holding to that and haven't bought Dragonball/MonsterHunter which are tormenting me. Persona 5 is going down as one of my all time favorite RPG's.

Dark Souls 2 scholar of the first sin. I need to make sure in the future to not play after having a few beers. I forgot that you can't free navlaan from prison, yet with 20+ messages on ground I pulled the lever... Instantly panicked and turned off PS4 hoping it won't save lol. And still it saved :(

Last edited:

toker818

Banned
SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS, 3 more trophies and the platinum is mine :) Its really quite early 2018 compare to 2017 though.

Woffls

So I'm playing Civ 6, oddly enough. I rarely play strategy games, but I jumped into Age of Empires 2 HD for a bit and after being rubbish at it for too many hours, I gave Civ 6 a shot having never played a Civ game before. I've been playing it every hour possible since then. I started a random scenario or whatever, and it's 500 turns... which I assumed was just an upper limit, but no, the game ended at 446. I had no idea what I was doing to start with, and playing this long ass game has taught me so much for my next playthrough that I've been looking forward to starting again.

I've also been dragging my way through Assassin's Creed Origins, which I have to say is just a chore. The one thing that enabled me to enjoy any AC game is the possibility of stealthing my way to a target, taking them out with one attack, then legging it. Now they've implemented levels and more number bullshit as a way of artificially gating me from getting through the game. Then having to deal with all the stats... c'mon this is really unnecessary. Just give me some decent story missions and side quests in what is an impressive world, and let me enjoy it. I am absolutely done with AC once I get this tedious garbage out the way.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Mostly Dead Cells of late. Quite a lot of fun that game. I really like the traps that can be set. Also been playing a bunch of Euro Truck Simulator 2. It's my relaxing game to play before going to bed. :)

Stardew Valley. Fantastic game and a massive time sink. I got my Switch day 1, and have played this more than all my other Switch games (including Zelda and Splatoon 2) combined! When I think that just one person made this it blows me away!

Stardew Valley. Fantastic game and a massive time sink. I got my Switch day 1, and have played this more than all my other Switch games (including Zelda and Splatoon 2) combined! When I think that just one person made this it blows me away!

Just come off this one recently. It's so addictive and it was one of those games that just seep into your thoughts when you're busy doing other stuff; what crops can I grow this summer? Should I go for a barn or expand the house? What do I do with this all coffee? It's digital crack and then some. I'm waiting on the next update before I start a new farm, but I really enjoyed my first time out with the game. There's a temptation to just use a wiki with games like this, but so much of what made the game special was the little moments that revealed themselves over time. I'd recommend anyone playing the game to stay away from using a guide and just enjoy the game. The Switch version has a few issues, particularly with slowdown on larger farms, but the portability really makes this game special and elevates the experience.

I've now moved onto Persona 5. I played it last year and got the bad ending. So, going to beat it properly this time out. I bought Night In The Woods on the Switch, but it really hasn't quite clicked for me yet. I may have misunderstood the nature of the game, as it seems to be more walking simulator than adventure game, at least so far.

Been playing MH:World for 75 hours now... only took a one hour break to try Rime but that was super boring. The loot circle is so addicting so my little free time for gaming goes into slaying monsters. Looking forward to Ratchet and Clank this month though.

MrMorningMan

Neo Member
Crawled my way through every side quest (including collectibles) in Mass Effect 1. Never again! I'm going to protect this save file for the rest of my life so I needn't experience travel up a mountain at 0.1MPH to press "A" on pebbles and dead things over 100 times. I can't even remember if the import rewards in Mass Effect 2 are substantial or not. Praise the heavens the Mako ceased to exist after the first game.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
Kingdom Come (60 hours in)
Dirt 4 (steam sale)
Tomb Raider Rising (steam sale)
Grid Autosport (steam sale)

May go back and finish Outlast 2 and Nier

emb0r

Neo Member
I'd suggest My Time at Portia as well. It's almost like a 3rd person Stardew. It is still in early access though.

ehead

I already crossed the 60 hour mark on Monster Hunter World. I cannot stop. Then I play a few minutes of Steamworld Dig 2 before sleeping. I want to play some new pc titles I got but there's not much time - I really want to try Overgrowth, and Into the Breach.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
This has been an extreme lull period for me. I reeled off a bunch of games up until the last couple weeks. Once I finished Shadow of the Colossus Remake, I tried to finally get into No Man's Sky, but no dice. I wasn't into it. It seems like the ultimate game of just pure exploration and resource management, and I'm in a short attention span kind of a mood right now, so I will have to revisit it. I started Metroid: Samus Returns, but have been dealing with eye issues lately and my blurry vision isn't ideal for a handheld. So I just spent the last couple weeks catching up on some movies. Will likely do Life is Strange: Before the Storm next week and then try to get back into the swing of gaming again.

Kamina

Golden Boy
I always find myself returning to Skyrim every few months. Must have put up to 2k hours in this game by now.

Cato

Banned
Just finished SNES version of Chrono Trigger. Great game.
Now I am back to Dark Souls 3 agan.

Espada

I've been having a blast with World of Final Fantasy (it FINALLY dropped low enough for me to bite). Man, as a long time fan of the FF series, the charm and love this game showers on the series feels great. Sucks that the PC port is capped at 30fps, though.

Spheyr

Banned
Wildlands on the ole Xboner at home, Kingdom Come: Deliverance on the laptop at work on the weekends (Boring office security job from 0700-1900, 90% downtime)

Basoes

Just bought Guilty Gear rev 2 so giving that a go, Cyber dimension Neptunia, Monster hunter, and Black Desert

ComfyPants

Neo Member
Currently moved on to Final Fantasy 12. I'm throwing in the towel on Final Fantasy 6. It's too dated and I can't enjoy it. I made it to the second half of the game but found out I need 3 parties to take on Kefka's tower. I only found 10 characters and really only focused on 4 of them so I'm screwed. I don't have much gaming time anymore and I'm not enjoying the game enough to warrant the time investment to get leveled and geared up.

Just finished loom, crackdown, and monkey island se.

Always have sfv in rotation, was playing the sea of thieves beta and just started fable anniversary. Excited for sea of thieves after the beta.

TFGB

Battle Chasers:Nightwar

An excellent spin on the trad JRPG turn-based genre and a bargain for £11.99 on the store.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Hollow Knight. I finally have the time to complete everything that's left (missing Charms etc. except Colosseum of Fools - fuck it) in the base game.

Last edited:
gonna eeze up on DW9 now I think, up to about 110 hours, and I think I've seen decent share of it. a lot of stories left but I think I'll put it into my 'weekly free roam' rotation.

gonna try the Secret of Mana remake tonight :O work has been crazy, and most of the games I've been playing are pretty high involvement ... DW9, the way I play GR Wildlands HUD-less, GTA V Online, etc... I'm oddly looking forward to just relaxing to the SOM OST and smacking some rabites haha and hopefully some nostalgia overdose cuz I fell in love with RPGs cuz of FF4/SOM.

a bit concerned about the voice acting and combat hitboxes but gonna go in with tempered expectations and try to just enjoy the music/setting.

Top Bottom