• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

TheChxsen

Neo Member
Currently playing dragonball fighter z and seven deadly sins knights of britannia. However i'm just waiting for Kingdoms Hearts 3 to come out. Who's with me?

Retro City Rampage DX on the Switch, it's great fun, and even though I'd wanted to play it for a long time on my 3DS, I'm glad I didn't and can enjoy it on the Switch.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Currently playing dragonball fighter z and seven deadly sins knights of britannia. However i'm just waiting for Kingdoms Hearts 3 to come out. Who's with me?
I'm right there with you. Every time I see new trailer of KHIII, I wish it was already in my hand so I can play it. I really craving for another adventure with Sora, Donald and Goofy. As much as the story is convoluted as fuck, going through Disney worlds with those there is always fun.

Finishing up Bayonetta. I’ve tried the game before but have always had difficulties with action titles of this variety. This time though I’ve done much better and have spent a lot of time just replaying levels because of how fun the combat can be. Definitely recommend it if you are willing to dive into the mechanics a bit. The only blemish to me is the myriad of gimmicks the game introduces at times. I’ve always faulted Devil May Cry for interrupting the action with silly simplistic fetch puzzles but it would be preferable to a lot of the less refined gimmicks Bayonetta introduces instead which is a shame since I’m enjoying the combat much more than the DMC series.

In a moment of annoyance with Bayonetta I also picked up and am playing Ninja Gaiden Black. I’ve played Sigma before with some frustration but again I’m enjoying it more than previously. Playing the Xbox 360 store version on a CRT and it looks fantastic. Super clean.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Started playing Super Lucky's Tale yesterday since it was free this month on Gamepass. Made it to the third world already after getting 100% on the first two. Damn, this game is actually a lot more fun than it looks.

Codes 208

-mhw
-gears 4
-friends want me to play the beta of SoT
-botw
-smo

Really need to finish cuphead...

Oh! And Xenoverse 2. Been playing it again since they finally added SSJB as a transformation for CaC

Last edited:
Balls deep in Kingdom Come. Nothing else matters.

GOTY so far for me or at the very least it’s already gonna be in my top five.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I have just completed (100% trophies) Job Simulator and Max Payne (PS2 Classics). Over the next few days I will finish up:

Platinum for Gal*Gun: Double Peace
Platinum for Shadow of the Colossus (PS4)
Platinum for Human: Fall Flat
Platinum for A Hat In Time

While playing some Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

aueft

Neo Member
I'm trying to actually finish some games for once, and I tend to have a soft spot for junky old games, so...

• Pac n Roll (NDS) - although the trackball control scheme basically works, the game built around the controls is not particularly interesting / well designed. In particular, while the the relatively high collectathon requirements make sense given the franchise, there is not enough interplay between the challenges or the simple environments to make those level objectives feel exciting.
  • Sonic and the Secret Rings (Wii) - I have heard that later unlocks make the game more playable, but I have a hard time believing that faster controls will salvage this wreck. The low, cinematic angle and auto-run do not help. Moreover, the mission structure and RPG customization does little to shake up the experience and feels more like a remedial bore.
  • Night in the Woods (PC) - I am doing another play-through to explore the alternative "route" and see if anything significant changed after the recent update. Even though the game falls apart whenever it has to advance the plot, the character writing and world building here really works for me. It occasionally can feel padded and meandering.

Put about 4.5 hours into Secret of Mana (PS4 remake) tonight... went with voice overs turned off and the original soundtrack. So far it looks pretty decent actually and sounds great.

Gameplay has been fun. Hitboxes are okay I guess, insofar they seem fully fine to me, but it's just you don't instantly do damage to monsters when they're knocked down. I think the original was the same way. Feels easier than I remember, no grinding and I afford everything easy and breeze pretty quickly through every boss straight to Upper Land Forest (first real time difficulty scaled up a fair bit was here).

The crashing is terrible though... CTD twice in barely 4.5 hours, the second barely an hour after the first. And apparently there was just a patch a couple days ago that actually fixed some crashing and added auto-save? How did people manage before with such frequent crashing in a game that has pretty rare (sometimes not even every hour) saving... Pretty terrible a game that crashes this badly makes it through PS4 QA. I mean, not even DW9, all its performance issues and all, never crashed on me once -_-

Last edited:

TheChxsen

Neo Member
I'm right there with you. Every time I see new trailer of KHIII, I wish it was already in my hand so I can play it. I really craving for another adventure with Sora, Donald and Goofy. As much as the story is convoluted as fuck, going through Disney worlds with those there is always fun.
My point exactly, and they really know how to build excitement with a trailer. I really hope it comes out at least around late spring. I'm running out of things to play.

Vawn

Banned
Anyone got any good ps4 games they recommend I should play?

That's a pretty open ended question. Newer game? Exclusives? I could recommend 50+ PS4 games probably.

If you haven't played it, Bloodborne is an obvious candidate. Especially seeing as it's free on PS+ right now.

Last edited:

TheChxsen

Neo Member
That's a pretty open ended question. Newer game? Exclusives? I could recommend 50+ PS4 games probably.

If you haven't played it, Bloodborne is an obvious candidate. Especially seeing as it's free on PS+ right now.
new games or old. Tell me your top 3. And i wasn't feeling bloodbourne to be fair.

Andyliini

I'm playing Infinte Space on 3DS and Wario Ware: The Shake Dimension on Wii U. Good-Feel should return to Wario-games sometime, they really know how to make great 2D platformers.

BlazingJ816

Neo Member
Games currently playing:

PS4: Persona 5 and Dragonball Fighter Z
PS Vita: Touch my Katamari
3DS: Millenium Girl
Mobile: Dragon Ball Dokkan Battle and Hungry Shark World

enjoying Secret of Mana a fair bit but it's pretty easy and feels like I may finish it in barely 10 hours o.0

grabbed Railway Empire for the weekend :D

Last edited:

kunonabi

How long are you in the game? I mean the number of hours :)
I have a bunch of different save files but 130 or so for my ng+ file. I'm going to have to grind for lines in one of my older saves. The biggest problem is I ambushed every enemy and rarely got any status effects on either of my play through so im probably super far behind.

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
Blaster Master Zero. Maybe it's the nostalgia talking, but I think this game is really cool.

The overhead sections can be a little dull -- the full-power rifle shot is incredibly overpowered -- but the bulk of the action takes place in the more interesting side-scrolling vehicle mode. Later in the game the designers start to play with interesting interactions between the two modes, or between being in your ship and out of it while in 2D. Would love to see a sequel that really goes nuts with those possibilities. What's here is still very entertaining though.

Bryank75

Banned
SOTC and MHW
But just started GOW 3 Remaster in anticipation of the new game... already at Helios, way easier than I remember but a lot of fun.

Mooreberg

Dishonored 2 - nice environments, ultra meh stealth and non lethal combat
Fortnite Battle Royale - The 20 v 20 v 20 v 20 v 20 mode is the first match type in any of these games that can hold my interest for more than hour at a time. The way the game looks and runs makes it feel like components have been snatched out of my PC when I play PUBG, which I could very well be done with at this point. I just hope it stays a persistent mode, since I'm not quite in love enough with the combat for the typical smaller team size or solo matches.

Played a bunch of Overwatch during "Year of the Dog" and it was a lot more productive than the holiday event mess. Total Mayhem makes the vanilla quick play / competitive impossible to go back to. Running around for health packs when the healer is useless makes me feel like I'm playing a game from fourteen years ago.

xviper

2 days ago i decided to replay the best game ever created, Resident evil 4, for like the millionth time, and wow, it's still fucking amazing even after 13 years, the game has no flaws, i can't think of anything bad that might hurt the experience a bit, in games like Shadow of the colossus and MGS 3, the controls are fucked up and that's a flaw but they are still my second and third best games after RE4, this is why RE4 is a true masterpiece and the jewel of gaming, it's flawless

skoma

I started to play Uncharted 4 for the first time recently and i absolutly love it. It kinda resparked my interest in gaming. I couldn't hold my interest for any game in the last couple of month for more than a couple of hours instead of maybe persona 5, but with this i also had to take serious brakes. The on-point writing and the straightforwardness of Uncharted 4 almost feels innovative with all those games as a service time sinks.

Bodom78

Live a Live on the SNES (English Translation)

Interesting game so far. I've completed the fighter quest and currently enjoying the caveman quest.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
After finally finishing Xenoblade Chronicles 2, I wanted something a bit different for my next game, but still meaty and satisfying. After procrastinating between Radiant Historia for NDS (after being reminded I own it from the recent 3DS remake) and Castlevania: DoS (which I never finished back in the day), I actually decided to dust off the old PSP and give Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together a proper go.

I bought it at release 7 years ago, but never played it more than an hour or so due to a busy life and being intimidated by the game’s reported complexity. I had very little experience with SRPGs at the time, so I thought they were beyond me.

TO: LUCT is a remake of the Super Famicom original from 1995. A lot of the original team was brought back to helm this version and their reverence for the title is evident. It just oozes class. I’m about 13-14 hours in and I have to say, it’s fantastic so far. The game is beautiful and a masterclass in games designed with the obvious love and respect for the series.

I keep waiting for the inevitable battle where I realise that I am woefully underpowered and get stuck in a rut of defeats, lol. This happened for me with FF Tactics: TWotL, but thankfully it hasn’t happened yet.

It is very rare for a game to be this polished, especially on a handheld system. It is gorgeous. From the artwork to the musical score.

I have a feeling that this version wasn’t very successful as it released very late in the PSP lifecycle. It is a shame as it deserves a lot more recognition in my opinion. A real quality video game.

tactics-ogre-let-us-cling-together-playstation-portable-psp-1297326340-278.jpg

Last edited:
I just finished dmc 4 last night. For some reason, I had a very time defeating the false god because I couldn't time attacks properly but was able to in just two tries as opposed to ten+ originally

sotojuan

Yakuza 4 (PS3)
Finished the first chapter - very fun and cool story.

Dragon Quest VII (3DS)
Just started this so I have a looooong way ahead of me. But there's not much to say - it's DQ. I've played IV, V, and VIII and loved all so far. Really like the battle theme.

Final Fantasy X (PS4)
I'm starting a completionist run for this game (at the very least, a Platinum). This will be a very long project but eh, I like grinding and breaking this game. Might also get it on Vita for the daily commute.

NovumAngel

Banned
About halfway through Bayonetta 2, really glad that they've fixed up some of the more annoying things from the first game like the ridiculously short timed QTE's.

Mathrin

Dark Souls 3 on PC. 60fps really is a massive benefit to the game. Nearly a transformative experience. Not bad for £8 in a humble bundle!

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I'm trying to finish Majora's Mask 3D.. I beat the N64 one years ago, but I'm enjoying the remake so far.

Zannegan

I recently 100%-ed the Splatoon 2 campaign with every weapon (thank goodness for Audiobooks). T'was all right, repetition aside, but I think the first one's campaign was much better. Also on deck is Doom, which is awesome, I am Setsuna, which is slow, and Horizon.

IpsoFacto

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age on PS4.

Oh, baby, how I missed this game. I played the original PS2 version and got really good at it. I'm 25 hours in on this one. Re-remembering the little things here and there. The gambit system is so pinpoint accurate that if you know the characters and the situations well enough, you can really just move your characters around, let 'em beat the crap out of virtually every monster and rack up exp like crazy!

daibaron

Banned
Doom 2016 on the PS4. I have it since 2016 but always got behind something else. I never expected it to be this good. It has everything great about videogames, very fast action demanding that you are always moving dodging bullets. The weapons are great with awesome powerups. It is amuch better game than wolfenstein new order and doesnt rely on cutscenes to get an edge.

BlazingJ816

Neo Member
Woah! Just got this on my Bitpet account.

fAylwB.jpg

Does it look familiar to you guys?.. anyway, still playing Dragon Ball Battle Dokkan on Mobile :D

Artistic

Ori: Definitive Edition. Reminds me a lot like Dust: A Elysian Tail, but a little bit harder.

Great and pretty difficult game. Requires a lot of patience and timing.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
This has been an extreme lull period for me. I reeled off a bunch of games up until the last couple weeks. Once I finished Shadow of the Colossus Remake, I tried to finally get into No Man's Sky, but no dice. I wasn't into it. It seems like the ultimate game of just pure exploration and resource management, and I'm in a short attention span kind of a mood right now, so I will have to revisit it. I started Metroid: Samus Returns, but have been dealing with eye issues lately and my blurry vision isn't ideal for a handheld. So I just spent the last couple weeks catching up on some movies. Will likely do Life is Strange: Before the Storm next week and then try to get back into the swing of gaming again.
Reminds me of when RAGE came out and Battlefield 3 was pretty big. I felt like I was in the shadows like an underdog. Not liking the game as much as I wanted to, but not hating it. I had a short attention span when RAGE and BF3 came out. I've also had to get glasses for the computer because I'm around them all day long.

I bought No Man's Sky from Humble Bundle the day the preorder went up and I probably played 10 minutes and then an hour or so when the huge update came out. It was very disappointing. It reminded me of Spore. The game sounded cool, but it's something I'll never really get into.

I preordered Far Cry 5 from Amazon. It's tax season and I do IT, so my hours kinda suck right now. I'm playing Monster Hunter World, some SotC, and sometimes I'll put on a retro game like Bomberman to pass the time. Tonight was Killer Instinct because working till 7 sucks.

Top Bottom