• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

TacosNSalsa

Monster hunter with smatterings of fighting games (SFV,T7,DBFZ) in between. I just can't stop playing this game! Makes me weary of buying something like god of war as I might not even bother with it ..

Amory

About to finish MGS2 and then will move on to 3. Playing on the HD collection.

I've played 1 and 2 a couple times before but 3 and beyond will be new experiences

Also have FC5 on pre-order for next week

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: I'm on chapter 4 and just reached Mor Ardain, what a gorgeous area.

Fire Emblem Echoes: Chapter 4, I really love this game but the teleporting witches are some grade A bullshit.

Max: The Curse of Brotherhood. I'm only just now getting through the first few levels, but as a platformer/puzzle game it's enjoyable enough.

Last edited:
Currently playing:
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2
- Shadow Hearts (replaying it)
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (it's so easy to just jump into a short match, really helpful as a dad)

EltonStone

Neophyte
Zelda looks great on my Nintendo Switch and the sleep mode is amazing. Three days on sleep mode and it only used 16% battery.
By the way, other consoles don't have Zelda. Its characteristics are amazing.

Chinbo37

Borderlands Pre Sequel coop with my friend whenver we get a chance which is just a couple times a month.

The BotW DLC No. 2.

mostly just GTA 5 Online

the new stock car races added this weekend were pretty fun. got into a few 30 players lobbies with slipstream/catch-up turned on, and tho it's super cheesy/annoying at times the way you can get wiped out, gotta admit it makes for fun chaos.

other than that, mostly just enjoying CEO or Biker resupplies and deliveries. messed around with the Jaguar CX-75 clone and it's gotta be the best new sounding car in the game (dat Schafter V12 doe), and the new Vapid and Cannis 4x4s are pretty good looking. the new Cannis especially has some pretty cool off-roading customization options.

Armorian

Banned
Platinumed Horizon few days ago and completed DLC - amazing game.

Now I'm replaying FFXV on PC but my main focus is on ME Andromeda, it's far better than what I expected based on reviews.

sssssszzzzz

Neo Member
I'm using the free trial weekend to play Elder Scrolls Online on my Xbox One X. With the next singleplayer entry of the series so far away, I am thoroughly enjoying what is offered here. The game is a lot better than its reputation, it seems. I am likely to buy it soon.

VertigoOA

Banned
Right now?

Horizon. I cannot believe I was playing Asscreed origins over this. Game is phenomenal whereas origins is the typical and repetitive Ubisoft open world slog.

Tomorrow? Back on that D2 grind thanks to the long awaited sandbox and unique nightfall rewards update.

Last edited:

sephiroth7x

Rise of the Tomb Raider (still...) - seem to be dragging my heels a bit with this one... wanting to move on to something else (I have South Park Fractured But Whole, Horizon and more... but cant move on until I have finished it...).

Also a massive splattering on retro games. Just finished Act Raiser for the first time (had it since childhood and never managed it but my older and wiser self found it kind of easy) and been playing countless Cannon Fodder.

Fbh

Xenoblade 2.
Really liking it despite some infuriating design decisions.

I'm really liking the world and enjoying the story. It's pretty generic Shonen stuff but fun with a likeable cast and some of the best made anime style cutscenes out there. I think it's the first JRPG I've played where watching cutscenes actually feels like watching an anime, the animations in particular are just really well made compared to the more stiff and robotic stuff you see in, for example, a Tales of game.
Combat is also WAY better than in the first game (sidequests are still mostly crap though) so playing the game is way more fun.

I'm not the biggest fan of the randomized way in which you get blades (basically your weapons/abilities) and some elements like their traversal abilities only activating if you have them in your combat party makes me think someone saw the shitty HM system in pokemon and was like "yeah, let's do that!!!".
It's also another case of a game not really respecting my time. Like, we need to borrow a ship from some guy and he is like "yeah, but first I need the materials to fix it!!!!!!". Seriously? The game is 80 hours long and we needed to include a mandatory 30 minutes long fetch quest? And that's just an example, the game has several filler parts that I don't get. Was anyone going to be like "holy shit I finished the main quest in 65 hours instead of 80, worst game ever!!!"

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Xenoblade 2.
Really liking it despite some infuriating design decisions.

I'm really liking the world and enjoying the story. It's pretty generic Shonen stuff but fun with a likeable cast and some of the best made anime style cutscenes out there. I think it's the first JRPG I've played where watching cutscenes actually feels like watching an anime, the animations in particular are just really well made compared to the more stiff and robot stuff you see in, for example, a Tales of game.
I personally think Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is one of the few games that actually takes full advantage of its anime style visuals.

NickFire

Fortnite. With occasional rounds of Destiny 2, Battlefront 2 (not since patch), and Friday 13th (single only until they actually implement a way to reduce quitting). Just finished South Park and will finally try Bloodbourne soon too, plus maybe the Castle Bonita dlc.

Basoes

Pubg, Fgo FFBE,, FFXIV, got my relaxation, gacha salt, and standard mmo to keep me busy

Last edited:
I just finished Mario Galaxy 2 (well, the first 120 stars anyway) and I don't want to replay them again just for all the green stars...I'll save that for later.

For now I'm replaying Mario Galaxy 1 as Luigi since I didn't bother with his mode before. I believe getting 120 stars as both Mario and Luigi unlocks something but I'm not sure...either way, I'll find out. Playing as Luigi sucks, though, mostly because he skids a lot more and this makes precise platforming a pain at times.

Regardless, it's interesting seeing the contrasts between the two games since they're both so similar. Mario Galaxy 2 has more levels but only 2/3 stars per level while Galaxy 1 has more stars in some of the levels...some with 6/7 each. I do feel Galaxy 1's world is more robust with more unlockables and stuff while in Galaxy 2 you'd just get a new NPC every once in a while. There's also more Purple Coin levels in Galaxy 1 which can be a pain. As a whole Galaxy 1 feels more difficult but I haven't done the Green Stars in Galaxy 2 so I guess I can't comment on that yet.

Y2H

I'm currently attempting to get gold for all the score attack levels in Rise of the Tomb Raider. It got a lot easier when I discovered you can use other players' cards instead of using your own. Saved me many hours of grinding for decent cards. Also, I never bothered with poison arrows in the main game but infinite poison arrows are godlike in score attack.

When I need a break from that I play some Mortal Kombat XL. I'm currently going for level 50 in all factions which surprisingly isn't taking as long as I expected. It also helps that Living Towers and the Kombat modifier system keeps fights fresh and different.

Sygma

Just platinum'd horizon + frozen wilds this weekend (essentially to take a break from persona 5), and now back on p5 (im at the 5th palace) with some ni no kuni 2 - vermintide 2 inbetween. Some dropmix here and then too :)

Grieves

Mainly playing No Man's Sky. 260 hours in and I just want to get to the centre of the galaxy before I drop the game (got the platinum months ago - this is the first game I've continued playing after I've got the platinum trophy).

Also playing Valkyria Chronicles, Wipeout Omega Collection and Fortnite when my son is over.

Also Kingdom Hearts: UX on mobile.

Unity2012

Still loving AC:Origins on the XboxOne X and MHW.
Yesterday started Titan Quest on the X as well, and really enjoying it. Probably the third time I play TQ but first time in consoles. Highly recommend it.
Taking a break from Shadow of the Colossus on the PS4.

bufkus

Just elnea kingdom on the Switch, and very casually at best. it's a decent life sim game that scratches the harvest moon/rune factory itch but isn't super compelling to play or anything.

Nny7229

Vermintide 2: If you like horde mode co-op games, like me, this one is deep and awesome.

Far Cry 5: Great open world game if your looking for that. The setting is pretty nice.

Ace Attorney Trilogy (3DS)

just started on AA: Trials and Tribulations few days ago after 4 years of hiatus of final chapter in AA: Justice for All.

Horizon Zero Dawn. The game looks spectacular but the combat is very pedestrian and the side quests are fucking terrible. I'm considering doing only the main story missions because while the story thus far hasn't been anything to write home about, it's at least engaging unlike the side content. The OST is gorgeous and the graphics really are incredible, everything else is okay at best. It's irritating how Aloy seems to shift from lovable and understanding person to Coldsteel the OC "I'll fuck you up" levels of edginess while remaining perpetually dense about what's happening around her.

I'm conflicted, but yeah... The Witcher 3 this is not.

ChuyMasta

The trail, switch

I dont know what else to play. Bayoneta isnt for me, shovel knight, I liked it but the game plus reminded me why I dont like platformers.

I heard mostly bad things about the Trail. But ohh well, we'll see.

mishka_

Neo Member
I have been playing Blaster Master Zero for a bit. Really dig the gameplay and retro aesthetic.
Picked it up during the recent eShop sale. Definitely worth the money.

Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner

Really enjoying this. Fast paced and quite aggressive enemies. What I really love is that while some sections introduce new gimmicks, they don’t stray too far from the core mechanics. I guess I would describe the feeling as arcade-like? It can be difficult but avoides being annoying in the way other action games have recently annoyed me (Bayonetta QTEs, shooter sections, and weird boss layouts. Or Ninja Gaidens ghost fish, poor platforming, and lackluster bosses).

It’s got some strange design itself though. No level select, a leveling system that doesn’t seem to do much, a few too many non-encounters where you enter a boss fight just to find out you only need to deplete 5%-50% of their life just to prove a point (though I think this is an attempt to push the player to give it their all).

Haven’t finished it yet. Hope it doesn’t break my heart with something stupid before the end, hate it when that happens.

Top Bottom