• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

RAIDEN1

Getting bogged down in Mass Effect Andromeda at the moment especially on Voeld, where you have to be constantly aware of the temperature gage, limited ammo, being out-gunned, and a vast area to cover....that and the fact that along the way you have those annoying creatures that pop up sometimes along the way spewing their stuff, or the places you conquered previously.. having re-spawned enemies...and you are like wtf?

Last edited:
Just fired up Metroid Prime 3. The aiming controls with the Wiimote are a little wonky and it seems hard to point straight at anything. Plus I still need to figure out a way to rest my arm on my leg or a pillow so I'm not holding the thing out until my arm falls off. I really wish Nintendo could figure out that some players would like an option to just use a controller...they did it for Breath of the Wild, at least.

Otherwise, it looks like good fun. You're not going to believe this but there's a big space pirate attack at the start of the game. I'm as shocked as you are.

Last i replied - i was in the middle of a few games, now im just on botw (still) just finished the last beast, cant decide if i want to go for the master sword or grind for some armor, or just go straight to gannon...

Bryank75

Banned
Bought my son a Switch for his birthday, helped him finish Mario Odyssey story and now helping him with Zelda...
Found Odyssey to not be nearly as good as Galaxy or Galaxy 2 but still fun. The reviews were way too high. Zelda is decent so far but there's a lot of exposition, you'd think reviews would have mentioned that, also felt plateau was a slog.
I like the Switch design and modularity, it feels good in the hands but the system software is so bare... There is literally nothing besides the games you own.

Just finishing GOW3 remaster and picking up Neil Gaimens Norse Mythology tomorrow for a read...

Rodolink

I'm still on the hype after playing Fallout 1 and 2 consecutively so now I'm into Fallout 3!
I remember playing it when it came out but couldn't finish, now is the time.
Although comparing with the first and second, it lost a lot of its charm with the writing, is not as clever, sarcastic, ironic.
Also the quests are less imaginative, and the world is super dull. I know it's a wasteland but man, it just looks so grey.
Let's see if hype doesn't die out before giving a try to New Vegas.

Last edited:

Dubloon7

Banned
(Feb and March 2018):
Playing:
  1. No Mans Sky,
  2. Rayman Legends (only the challenges to get that redundant, ridiculous Platinum),
  3. Sexy Brutale,
  4. Super Motherload

JUST finished:
  1. SOMA (easy mode),
  2. RiMe
  3. Nioh: Complete Edition
March/April

Playing
  1. Bloodborne (plat'd replay)
  2. Raiden V
  3. Rayman Legends (only the challenges to get that redundant, ridiculous Platinum),

Will soon start up:
  1. Wipeout: Omega Collection,
  2. Poi,
  3. Snake Pass
  4. FF7 (PC-2-PS4 rehash)

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Going back to Nier Automata. I beat route A awhile back and didn't want to do route B right after. Since it has been awhile doing route B doesn't feel too bad.

Aces&Eights

doing a NG+ on Dark Souls SOTFS to warm up my reflexes for the DS remaster coming out. Beat AC O a bit ago. Still have Obduction to finish. Still have South Park to finish. Glad I am not feeling Far Cry 5. I should be into it but after the slog of AC O I just can't do another collectathon right now. Waiting patiently for God of War.

Shifty

I finished Thief 2. It's very good. Pacing is pretty on-point and there's a lot more mansion robbing and less monsters, which is both a good and bad thing in some ways. I think I like it about the same as 1 (that is to say, a lot) but for different reasons in some cases.

Decided to start Thief 3 (a.k.a. Deadly Shadows) and wew lad. That game is a technical mess, took absolutely ages to set up properly. Seems pretty janky design and mechanics-wise so far as well, there are some interesting new ideas in there but I feel like Ion Storm missed some of the core elements that make Thief really good when they took up the franchise mantle.

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
I started using PSNow last month so I am playing LOTS of stuff randomly lol

But primary playing..
Monster Hunter
Farcry 5

Most recent beat Little Nightmares and trying to finish Human Fall Flat.

ickythingz

Banned
Still in Guild Wars 2 mainly after all these years... I am trying to play through the PC version of FFXV, but man that game..... I dunno. I am only at the beginning and it has some serious cringe/roughness that I am having a tough time moving beyond.

Yagami_Sama

I am currently plying :

Doom (Switch) - Currently on the 4th stage. (Found all secrets on the other levels( I waited a while in order to see if the frame rate would be locked))
Fire Emblem (GBA) - Chapter 25
Fire Emblem : Warriors - I forgot the mission, but I just recruited Marth, Kaeda and Tiki.
Splatoon 2 - Half the way on the story mode, and B+ in all modes.
Pokemon Ultra Moon - I having a bad time playing this, actually my interest for this game is very low, I just finish the first trial.

I will try to complete all this games, prior to move to others.

Corrik

Finished Dead Rising 4. I liked it. Was going to start Witcher 3, but I think I am going to go to Rise of the Tomb Raider next instead.

Rodolink

Finished Fallout 3, so disappointed, Bethesda is always so anticlimatic with endings. Anyway just started New Vegas last week, and since the first couple of hours I can say this is how Fallout 3 should've been, it feels like a proper Fallout sequel after Fallout 2, felt nostalgic with the music, reusing melodies from the old ones, and world/environment design is so much better.

Right now I play Ni No Kuni 2
The scenarios and atmosphere is very well built and the soundtrack is very immersive. The downsides is that the connections and personalities of playable characters are not "shaped" enough. The game is very easy aswell, played some 30 hours now and haven't struggled once. Otherwise it's a great JRPG

tried the new Target Assault racing mode in GTA 5 Online

just basic no-HUD gameplay:

it's okay... the stock car races couple weekends ago were more fun, but they were also super frustrating at times (crashing in the game can be pretty wonky). huge 20-30 chaotic races. this new mode is super consistent though... mostly cuz the vehicles are heavy and slow so it makes crashing less a faster and just comes down to who corners the best haha

looking forward to Ghost Recon Wildlands and the new patch this week ... finally ! outfit customization for AI team members~

Last edited:

tilly296

Neophyte
I'm playing Overdrive ^^ It's a mobile game, cyber ninja fighting adventure style, very interesting

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

Sea of Thieves mostly.
LiS: Before the Storm - Second play through making different choices.
DOOM in 4K
Forza Horizon 3

Waiting for Hellblade to drop.

Sizzle55

Far Cry 5 on PS4 been playing/streaming it the last two days. Love it so far, did run into some glitchy messes today that are a bit frustrating, but the game is awesome!

DonJimbo

Im currently playing the last guardian trico is so sweet
I have a question how are the multiplayer scenes of uc4 and tlou now are there still people who play them ?

SpiceRacz

Where The Water Tastes Like Wine

Strong storytelling and a unique art style. You travel across the country encountering different people and collecting/creating "stories" that you share with other people. It's a fascinating concept but not executed very well.

Going to start Minish Cap very soon.

TFGB

Earthlock (the revised version) on PS4. It feels like a budget title, so maybe a bit overpriced at £19.99, but it’s also quite charming.

daibaron

Banned
I finally finished Doom 2016 on the ps4pro last weekend. What a ride! So many great weapons and badass upgrades! Even at hurt me plenty i was getting killed lots of times especially at the later levels, the monsters just kept on coming!

Now i started Zelda botw again on the switch after playing it for a little bit when i got the switch. Then left it untouched for almost a year because i had so many great games to play like injustice 2, nex machina, dirt rally, kof XIV, prey,etc.

But playing zelda botw after doom feels so relaxing compared to the crazy action of doom.

Iwazaru

Neo Member
Re-reading The Silver Case before diving in 25 Ward.

I really like many dialogues from the game, how they talk about interesting stuff that is connected to our life. Also many "flashy" sayings we can quote.

72b2e833-26c4-48bb-b0d6-2a1470ea0c4c.jpg

did a quick 'hike and raid' in the desert in Ghost Recons Wildlands with the new AI Teammate Customization update ... looks pretty cool

just an aesthetic change of course but TBH one of the best parts of the game IMO is the environmental varity and 'target' variety, and the ability to customization your loadout/outfit for each scenario -- makes the game a great sort of 'milsim' RP game

so being able to do the same for your squad is a pretty big deal for me haha finally I can stop spamming the WAIT command to make them sit back guarding a vehicle or something instead of trouncing through my camo op in mall clothes o.0

Steamworld dig 2. Pretty solid so far. Hasnt really been too challenging, so far i just want more digging and selling. Not sure how far i am into the game but prob 1/3-1/2.
I think i just shut down the machine causing quakes

Its fun but not as good as i was expecting it to be. Guacamelee is much better metroidvania.

Top Bottom