• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

OH-MyCar

Dragon Quest XI hype has me playing through the entire series again (currently on the DS version of IV).

Maybe this time I'll actually make it through VII... Christ that game is long.

camelCase

Holy shit, Yakuza 5 has been going on almost 2 months. Fuck, I really wish I jumped on that demo leak for 6. Holy shit I wish I did. I seriously cannot wait the requisite 6 days until that thing comes out, I am so tired of playing 5. I can't curse enough in this paragraph to exclaim how much I would love to be playing that full game-demoleak, ugggggggggggggggggggggggggh. I'm such a kiryu lover. <3 what a great guy.

Just beat it yak 5 2 nights ago, but yk, 71% completion ain't 100% so here we are... lol, still playing it, because fuck it why not right? Ain't like there's anything else I feel like playing.

Keep in mind this shit's been played a few hours consistently every day since I bought it some day in mid february.

Last edited:

realkynerd

Neo Member
Fortnite Save the World - Most people haven't tried it yet because of the popularity of Battle Royale, you can see there is so much more stuff that they have left out of the multiplayer and possibly for good reasons.
Fortnite Battle Royale - F2P basically on anything right now console,pc, mobile etc. To me the best "battleground" game around and it is completely free.
Quake Champions
- I love quake champions, I try to focus on streaming it on my twitch channel. Fast Paced Old school action with some modern thrown in it. Still in Closed Beta great fun for old-school shooter lovers like myself.
Zelda Link to the Past Randomizer - To me the Best Zelda game ever made, so why not breath even more life into this game. This game is great for speed runners, although I'm not great at speed running it just yet.

In Shmup heaven with Steredenn, Danmaku Unlimited 3 and Dragon Blaze with a dose of Flinthook and Bleed 2 in between sessions. I think I'm going all Indie for the rest of the year. All gameplay with zero fillers!

Playstation 4
Star Ocean Integrity and Faithfulness
Ys VIII
Dragon Quest Heroes
Nights of Azure

PC
Ni No Kuni II
World of Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy XV
Zero Time Dilemma
Pillars of Eternity
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance

Switch

Dragon Quest Builders
Steamworld Dig 2
Zelda Breath of the Wild
Fire Emblem Warriors

Playstation 3
Record of Agarest War 2

3DS
The Alliance Alive
Dragon Quest VII
Shin Megami Tensei IV

PSP
Dissidia Final Fantasy
Parasite Eve The 3rd Birthday
Breath of Fire III

Corrik

Beat Tales From The Borderlands (funny) and Rise of the Tomb Raider (relatively good).

Starting Mass Effect 1 now!

Finished Night in the Woods. What an odd game lol. And i just recently played and finished Child of Light, which i really enjoyed. Now it's onto Sexy Brutale! 😃

sublimit

Banned
Playstation 4
Star Ocean Integrity and Faithfulness
Ys VIII
Dragon Quest Heroes
Nights of Azure

PC
Ni No Kuni II
World of Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy XV
Zero Time Dilemma
Pillars of Eternity
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance

Switch
Dragon Quest Builders
Steamworld Dig 2
Zelda Breath of the Wild
Fire Emblem Warriors

Playstation 3
Record of Agarest War 2

3DS
The Alliance Alive
Dragon Quest VII
Shin Megami Tensei IV

PSP
Dissidia Final Fantasy
Parasite Eve The 3rd Birthday
Breath of Fire III
How can you play so many games at the same time ? :eek:

OutlawTuNeR

Neo Member
Playing currently on PS4 Pro

-Call of Duty: WWII Multiplayer, (Single Player campaign, done like it very much,)
-Gran Turismo Sport (Online Lobby & Scapes Mode)
-DriveClub
-Burnout Paradise Remastered

OH-MyCar

1. Still playing through Dragon Quest IV.
  2. Slamming my head against a brick wall with Makaimura / Ghosts n' Goblins (Arcade).
  3. Re-watching all of the cutscenes of Yakuza 5 for an hour a night before moving into Yakuza 6.

Doctor_m3ds

Neo Member
I've been playing through Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory in light of the rumors about a new Splinter Cell coming out. It's been nearly ten years since I've played it and I'm impressed with how much I'm enjoying it. It's funny how my older self is actually able to comprehend the story now. It's nice to have that motivation now.

I also think a lot of the mechanics do feel slow, but it's not as disorientating as going back to Metal Gear Solid 1 & 2. What really holds the game together is the level design. I feel like it's designed in such a way as to always give you a route to remain hidden, but never in a way that makes it obvious. Whenever I played low budget stealth games that's often what can bring them down. It also makes me fear for an open world Splinter Cell as I feel like open world games forget the place a good level designer can have, especially in a stealth game.

Crew 511A

Modern Warfare Remastered is my multiplayer game of choice right now. I'm revisiting Panzer Dragoon Orta. I recommend it, but I might have to bump the difficulty down to easy. That first boss was aggravating.

kunonabi

Still working on World of Final Fantasy and started up a bit of Gravity Rush 2.

I'm also trying to finish up Culdcept Revolt while I watch the playoffs but man the computer cheats worse than Mario Party.

W

Whataborman

Unconfirmed Member
League of Legends. Lots and lots of League.

Downloading the Digital edition of God of War & waiting for Battletech to release this Tuesday.

Isa

I made time for God of War, and sidelined Yakuza 0 to do so. I also started out several jrps I have for PS4 seeing which one I want to tackle first. I'll probably make it Atelier Firis, but there are a lot of appealing ones. Its nice getting the jrpg itch, I'd lost that love since the mid PS2 era.

Yagami_Sama

Resident Evil Revelations 2 on Switch. I am very impressed with the game. There are some weird effects on Claire's hair and Moira and Natalia's clothes but this is no bothering me anymore. If the game was solid 60 fps would be great.

And Splatoon 2,Doom on Switch and Pandora tower on Wii.

Last edited:

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
God of War
Monster Hunter World
Far Cry 5 (I finished it, but some co-op with friend)

Last edited:
Resident Evil Revelations 2 on Switch. I am very impressed with the game. There are some weird effects on Claire's hair and Moira and Natalia's clothes but this is no bothering me anymore. If the game was solid 60 fps would be great.

And Splatoon 2,Doom on Switch and Pandora tower on Wii.
Play online on Doom much? I've been getting pretty good. I suck at splatoon2 though

Yagami_Sama

Play online on Doom much? I've been getting pretty good. I suck at splatoon2 though

I tried to play a few times, but my performance was not good. So I decided to complete the main campaign and will try again after that.

Splatoon 2 is a very good game, is simple in a way to allow anyone to play, and can be very competitive.

Codes 208

-God of War
-Pokemon Omega Ruby

I was playing Crystal last time I updated here, but I, err, kinda got wiped during my nuzlocke (The second gym killed my geodude and pidgeotto and the third gym's friggin' miltank killed the rest...)

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
God of War and I also recently finished Ni no Kuni II so I'm thinking to do new game + run in Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Danjin44

Do you like Xenoblade? I want a kept for switch but don't know if I should wait for octopath
I personally LOVE Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I like the combat story and I especially LOVE the cast but with that being said this game is very anime, from character design to way its tells its story from very action pact cutscenes and its not shame of it. I personally like anime but if you have no tolerance for it you may want watch some reviews or gameplay video before thinking about buying the game.

Last edited:
I personally LOVE Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I like the combat story and I especially LOVE the cast but with that being said this game is very anime, from character design to way to its tells its story from very action pact cutscenes and its not shame of it. I personally like anime but if you have no tolerance for it you may want watch some reviews or gameplay video before thinking about buying the game.
I don't know any anime. I played X on the WiiU but I,could never figure out what the heck I was doing with combat. I played some of the first one I liked it better is it more similar to the first?

Danjin44

I don't know any anime. I played X on the WiiU but I,could never figure out what the heck I was doing with combat. I played some of the first one I liked it better is it more similar to the first?
Yeah this very story centric game like the first one and just like first one this linear game with huge areas to explore. I personally love the combat but unfortunately this game kind of does a poor job explaining the combat system but once it clicks to me combat become much funner than original chronicles and X.

Yeah this very story centric game like the first one and just like first one this linear game with huge areas to explore. I personally love the combat but unfortunately this game kind of does a poor job explaining the combat system but once it clicks to me combat become much funner than original chronicles and X.
I watched the intro with the crab and bought it with the gift card I've been saving :) I been wanting an rpg

I'm playing Horizon Zero Dawn - I find it repetitive and may drop it for Zelda, but Ill keep giving it a try for now.
Overwatch - cause I always play Overwatch
Bayonetta 1 [Wii U]

Neolombax

God of War. I personally haven't played a game this good for a while now. It is a beautifully made game, the RPG parts go way deeper than I had initially anticipated, the relationship between Kratos and Atreus is engaging to watch and experience. I'm still early on, finishing of side quests and such, but damn there is no moment wasted in this game. Amazing.

Dr. Cheesesteak

Neo Member
I always keep a fighting game and metroidvania in my rotation while working on a backlog game or two. Here's what I'm currently playing:

King of Fighters 14
King of Fighters 98:UM
Valdis Story
Turing Test
World of Warcraft

Im on the lookout for new games actually. Just beat steamworld dig 2, found it to be average. Kinda disappointed.

Just wrapping up zelda so i can trade my friend for his mario odyssey.

Really want to get gow, but i may hold off till its receieved majoirty of patches and complete edition comes out.

Thinkig i should finally start pillars of eternity though

Last edited:
Im on the lookout for new games actually. Just beat steamworld dig 2, found it to be average. Kinda disappointed.

Just wrapping up zelda so i can trade my friend for his mario odyssey.

Really want to get gow, but i may hold off till its receieved majoirty of patches and complete edition comes out.

Thinkig i should finally start pillars of eternity though
Pillar of eternity is amazing I wish I still had my computer to play it. First time playing it I read all the kickstarter rp stories. They don't really gel I recommend just ignoring that crap and just read the stuff by designers

Nymphae

Banned
Just finished The Order:1886, and now I'm doing Uncharted 4.

The Order had WAY more going for it than the press gave it credit for. I really don't understand why it was so hated. The production values were great, the art was unique and very impressive, the story was interesting and it's a great foundation for more, the mechanics felt good - I feel like this is a game that suffered mostly because of critical expectations, not due to any fault of it's own. Not every game needs to have a thousand towers to climb with hundreds of hours of boring missions to complete to be worth a damn.

Last edited:

DKPOWPOW

Currently jumping back and forth thru Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild DLC, D00M, Gear Club Unlimited, DK Tropical Freeze.

Still need to Finish Bayonetta and Samus Returns.

As to why people should play these games...

Odyssey is just pure fun. It is the sequel to 64 I feel everyone wanted all those years ago.

Breath of the Wild is one of (if not THE) best games I've ever played.

Doom is really intense (single player). I like it a lot but can only play it in short bursts. Love the fast paced combat and movement, coupled with a Metroid like map design.

Gear Club is kinda what I wanted from a racing game right now. Simple and easy to pick up and play, but looks good and allows you to tinker with your cars. Its got a good sense of speed and controls well.

I wish the loading times were faster and there was collision damage though...

Tropical Freeze is nuts. I love it, definitely one of the best 2D games ever made. Every level feels different, you are never sure what is gonna be thrown at you next.

Bankai

I finished Bloodborne (NG and NG+) with all bosses defeated, fantastic experience. I'll wait a bit before diving into the DLC though.

Then it was time for something different: Sly Cooper Thieves in Time (ps3)! Love it as well :) I already finished all the previous Sly games and they're real gems.

After this I'm gonna play Prey, Spec Ops The Line or Hellblade. Haven't decided yet.

Currently jumping back and forth thru Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild DLC, D00M, Gear Club Unlimited, DK Tropical Freeze.

Still need to Finish Bayonetta and Samus Returns.

As to why people should play these games...

Odyssey is just pure fun. It is the sequel to 64 I feel everyone wanted all those years ago.

Breath of the Wild is one of (if not THE) best games I've ever played.

Doom is really intense (single player). I like it a lot but can only play it in short bursts. Love the fast paced combat and movement, coupled with a Metroid like map design.

Gear Club is kinda what I wanted from a racing game right now. Simple and easy to pick up and play, but looks good and allows you to tinker with your cars. Its got a good sense of speed and controls well.

I wish the loading times were faster and there was collision damage though...

Tropical Freeze is nuts. I love it, definitely one of the best 2D games ever made. Every level feels different, you are never sure what is gonna be thrown at you next.
I like your taste in games besides Zelda. I see its appeal but the open nature and I get paralysis with amount of choices from the start.

DK freeze is amazing probably my favorite platformer, beautiful levels characters and music. Variety in stages is great and world created is magical. Heard people calling it a easy kids game obviously never played it just Nintendo haters talking shit.

On Mario odyssey I'm stuck in new donk city on a jump in the manhole pipes where a green platform spins around tried it 50 times and still can't get across

Dooms been my shit play a level single player a day(they're so long) then hop online for team deathmatch for hours on end I've gotten so good I often end up top 3 each match

Got Xenoblade Chronicles 2 last night only 10 hours in and I'm loving it. Can't believe I slept on it its the JRPG I been looking for. They fixed all my problems with X as far as I can tell

Top Bottom