• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Dr. Cheesesteak

Neo Member
Breath of the Wild is one of (if not THE) best games I've ever played.

Tropical Freeze is nuts. I love it, definitely one of the best 2D games ever made. Every level feels different, you are never sure what is gonna be thrown at you next.
ugh, the looming reminder I need to work on my console backlog! But purely focused on PC atm. I just can't sit down and play consoles anymore. Unless I have someone watching w/ me. =\

TYRiAX

Celeste - Working my way through the B-Sides now, I love how crazy and varied the platforming gets with a relatively small moveset.
Uncharted: Lost Legacy - About halfway through, thoroughly enjoying the ride. I cannot believe how amazing this game looks and its getting me gee'd up for TLoU 2

Finished the blue series in the Trackmania Turbo campaign just now, I try to play these one at at time because they're intense so I won't be playing the red series for a while. I have to wait one week before I get the new GOW, so in the mean time I think I'll play Titanfall 2 at last.

klosos

God of War PS4 = Its Excellent so far
Binding of Isaac = love this game I've played it for about 3 years , when i don't have much time to play anything longer , i do a quick run with the Lost ( which is hard as fuck )

Arkhan

Grand Vizier of Khemri
Staff Member
Currently playing my first Persona game (5) on PS4, along side some Kerbal Space Program on Steam.

Persona is good. Certainly it is all very well presented and has depth to the gameplay. 25 hours in and I am still getting tutorials. The audio is a bit all over the place though, with some tracks being great and others strangely out of place. Currently on the second palace and sure to continue.

Kerbal is also good. It is kind of what you make of it. You need to enjoy building rockets to really get the most from it as the flight side is quite complex and more challenging than fun to play. Building something that survives and returns from your mission is pretty satisfying though. I would recommend the autopilot mod, not because it removes flying but because it is more helpful than the game at teaching how you achieve certain maneuvers. You can build it into your ship and use it for carrying out transfers or just use it to plan your burns which you then action yourself. I recommend this game for those who like to tinker or prefer a challenge over easy and linear progression through a game.

KonradLaw

Far Cry 5. About 1/3 in. Absolutely love it. The best basic gameplay out of open world games. It's just ridulously fun. The setting is surpisingly good too and finally side-villains get their due properly, with their own extended storylines.
Plus Jesus Christ at that music. It's been a long time since I've heard soundtrack this good.

Yakuza 6 - My first Yakuza game and overall I'm enjoying it, but the exposition in the main story is pretty tiresome and I've been suffering from open-world game fatigue for awhile. I do like that I can break up the fatigue with rounds of OutRun.

Monster Hunter World
- Speaking of fatigue... That's not really true. I've been enjoying this for the past couple of months but I just got to high rank and these monsters are really testing my nerves and patience.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Recently got a chance to play Chaos Code on original Ringedge hardware, so I downloaded the PSN updated version (has two more characters and a few minor tweaks, including widescreen) to mess around with. It's a fun anime fighter. There's an emphasis on counters and grabs (it has running grabs, similar to Under Night: In-Birth) so it plays very aggressively. Still learning the nuances. Rui is the best so far. Kagari (the first character I tried) is second-best. Every character I've used so far is really solid, truth be told. Impressive fighter coming from a no-name developer. Apparently they also made NekoBuro on PSVita which I thought was a fun puzzle game.

Also playing the Puzzles & Dragons port on 3DS. Going through the Mario campaign and then I'll try out the "real" version which apparently has more depth, especially when it comes to customizing your team and raising monsters. It's a bit too grindy, though. Certain stages seem impossible to beat unless you've grinded up teammates with the correct element. This makes it less compelling to get good at the puzzle mechanics, but it's still fun.

Lastly, practicing no-bomb 1cc runs of DaiOuJou. I can consistently no-miss the first two stages. Third stage is doable, but stage 4 is where it falls apart.

Does anyone have a hard time focusing while playing games? Typically no matter how much I like a game I can't play more than an hour before fatigue sets in.
I'm currently playing the second game ever in my adult life that I've been playing nonstop minus while eating, work, and sleep. I've never put 30 hours into a game so quickly. It might be because my doctor just gave me Xanax but I don't think so.
When I was a kid I could play any game for hours and hours no matter what.
I seriously wonder what is different with this game

appaws

Banned
Mario Kart 8 because I skipped the whole WII U thing...and also going back through Castlevania: Circle of the Moon, since that is the only Igavania I have never beaten.

I get such strong pangs of guilt when I put a game down without finishing it. It's weird....I keep trying to remind myself that it is just a game and what matters is whether or not I am enjoying it. But I still feel somehow guilty, like I am betraying the creators of the game by not finishing it.

LordOfChaos

Mass Effect Andromeda. I know, didn't do too well, and it's not a pants ride adventure so far, but it's ok, after getting used to some mechanical frustrations at the start. The story hasn't been very interesting but at 16 dollars, I thought I may as well complete the rest of Mass Effect I was missing.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
After I finished God of War, I dusted off my PS3 and loaded up God of War: Ascension as I bought it, but never finished the campaign. It's... really average so far. Just got the time shifting thingy and I'm on a boat to go somewhere else.

Orta

Banned
Replaying Tomb Raider 1 with the ATI mod, a HD texture pack and JoytoKey.

Yeah, tank controls and all that but I got used to them pretty quickly and it was a blast revisiting it after 22 years! :eek:

What surprised me most is how easy it actually is. I assumed I wouldn't last five minutes on each level before tumbling over a cliff or into a lava pit being a jaded old fart with creaky trigger fingers nowadays but quickly realising that Lara is confined to a square grid makes literally every major leap in the game second nature. I went through it in a few nights, each level lasting a little over 30 minutes each.

Highly recommended.

fXcMnk.jpg

Y2H

I'm currently attempting to get gold for all the score attack levels in Rise of the Tomb Raider. It got a lot easier when I discovered you can use other players' cards instead of using your own. Saved me many hours of grinding for decent cards. Also, I never bothered with poison arrows in the main game but infinite poison arrows are godlike in score attack.

When I need a break from that I play some Mortal Kombat XL. I'm currently going for level 50 in all factions which surprisingly isn't taking as long as I expected. It also helps that Living Towers and the Kombat modifier system keeps fights fresh and different.

Update:
So I finally got the platinum trophy for Tomb Raider and I'm working through the DLC content. I also achieved level 50 in all factions for Mortal Kombat including every possible single player trophy (online trophies can die in a fire). Once I'm finished with Tomb Raider I'll probably go back to Bloodborne and platinum that.

It's also interesting to see how slow I am at completing games nowadays, having work and less free time really takes its toll. Young me could have done all of this within two weeks.

Corrik

I am currently playing Mass Effect 1! First time playing it. They really just kind of throw you to the wolves in this game. Don't explain too much. I am still interested to see where this game goes.

Corrik

Does anyone have a hard time focusing while playing games? Typically no matter how much I like a game I can't play more than an hour before fatigue sets in.
I'm currently playing the second game ever in my adult life that I've been playing nonstop minus while eating, work, and sleep. I've never put 30 hours into a game so quickly. It might be because my doctor just gave me Xanax but I don't think so.
When I was a kid I could play any game for hours and hours no matter what.
I seriously wonder what is different with this game
Sometimes if I am tired from work. I think as adults we just sometimes value our time more. Some games I used to be so excited to sink time into and play multiple times, I will be playing games just like them and finding them as a chore or looking up how long to beat the game from my spot. I think it is just getting older in general.

DonF

God of war, damn that last optional boss and area is a pain! Also Bayonetta 1 on switch, I already played and finished it on 360. Also, enter the gungeon, I suck at it, but its entertaining.

Last edited:

The Shepard

God of war, damn that last optional boss and area is a pain! Also Bayonetta 1 on switch, I already played and finished it on 360. Also, enter the gungeon, I suck at it, but its entertaining.

MINOR SPOILERS FOR GOD OF WAR:

Yes I agree, that fight was insanely hard but got there in the end and earned the platinum.

Best thing to do is max out your armour and wepons, the mist one is the best (I went with the runic one) I put on enhancements that put up my runic and cool down (my runic level filled the bar it was that high) got the squirrel summon (rat.. something) whos very helpful with the item drops, and use the time altering thing one of the valkries drop and maxed out the level (this slows the valkrie queen Down for 6 seconds which is a huge advantage) make sure you start the fight with full rage meter and keep spamming the runic and dodging, it was alot easier, took me about 50 tries before I done the above first time. Hope that helps.

On topic, I'm obviously being playing the game of the generation, God of War.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Just finished Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together on PSP.

Now, I am finally ready to give Final Fantasy VI the proper time it deserves. Currently 6.5 hours in playing on SNES Classic Mini.

This is the year of redemption.

ChuyMasta

Regalia of Man and Monarchs

The game froze on me when I cleared a rather long fight. I completed the victory conditions in addition to the two challenges! It was so frustrating I almost feel like not playing the game anymore.

Bryank75

Banned
GOW, just the side content to get some of the trophies I'm missing. Did some Iron banner in D2... nothing seems to have changed in that game. I get called to help on a switch game sometimes.

Housh

Just finished Yakuza 6. Playing Fortnite Season 4 on PS4, PC, and mobile. Starting GOW this weekend. My goal is to complete it before Detroit.

Zog

Banned
Lost Odyssey and I can't think of any reason why anyone else should or should not play it.

I just finished Frostpunk, and I have started up Bayonetta 1.

This is kind of an exciting time because I'm making progress on my extensive backlog, but I'm also still working in mountain biking, hiking, and skiing. It rarely comes together this well.

ChuyMasta

Regalia of Man and Monarchs

The game froze on me when I cleared a rather long fight. I completed the victory conditions in addition to the two challenges! It was so frustrating I almost feel like not playing the game anymore.

Gave it another chance. The game is fun afterall. Hopefully the game doesnt lock up so frequently.

MoogleMan

I just finished up god of war. If you own a ps4, you need to play this game. It's a masterpiece.

So now I'm starting up DKC TF on the switch and doing some botw shrines and korok seeds here and there.

GrayFoxRJ

Banned
PS4

• - Metal Gear Solid 5 TPP - Having great fun with it after dropping it at 6% - even before meeting Quiet, two years ago.

• - Stardew Valley - My get2go game to chill and (sometimes) Stream

• - Ys 8: Lacrimosa of Dana - Having a bast, as I also dropped it after release to wait for the do over translation. The game is incredibly fun and addicting, with its "Dana" Mechanics post-summit, Raids and exploration. Loving avery inch of that island. And the OST is insane

Switch:

• Bayonetta - Revisiting this gem, now with 60fps. The remaster is not something out of this world, but i'm enjoying it.

Last edited:
Finally wrapped botw tonight. Cant believe ive yet to plug my switch into a tv.

Ive voiced my opinions already on this game here before...they havent changed. Its an okay game.

Im fresh out of games to play now though, picked rocket league back up this week... should be getting odyssey today. Will wait for gow complete edition and patches before buying.

Wunray

Just beat XBC2 2 days ago (would give that game a 7/10), recently going through GoW endgame and that game rose from a 8 to a 9 it really is a great game. I also picked up ninja storm 2 on the switch and I am also playing through NNK 2 on pc.

Osukaa

suikoden-ii-800x445.jpg

I was playing this Beautiful Game which is on its way as my favorite of all time and I had I just defeated Luca Blight..... and then my Vita gave a weird error and ALL MY SAVE DATE GOT DELETED !!#$@^#%$&@ Fck me... I was extremely OP and I had a bunch of members that I went around collecting plus I had just finished the Hai Yo Final Cook Off.... I tried the whole Vita Database rebuild and it still shows my Data as corrupted and when I try to load it it says "No Suikoden II Save Data" .... I also busted that mission to get McDohl... -_- I think I have to start from scratch over 30 hours gone like that. Do you Gaffers know any secret time magic to get my data back :(
I bet it was that Dick Neclord who has something to do with this....
neclord01.gif

Vawn

Banned
I'm playing Dragon's Crown on Vita. As much I enjoyed Odin Sphere and Muramasa Rebirth, I'm having a difficult time getting into this one.

Top Bottom