• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Fbh

Nioh DLC: Love the new locations and enemies but I haven't liked most of the new bosses.

Ori and the blind forest: Wow this is amazing. One of the best "metroidvanias" I've played in a while. Looks great, plays great, has just the right level of challenge and so far a really good pacing for power unlocks

MJunioR

Neo Member
Metal Gear Solid V - The Phantom Pain with a couple of indies here and there to not be stuck with a single game, today I tried Passpartout and Replica.

Replica is short, but good for the price. Passpartout is a bit more on the funnier side. I'm just drawing poop and dicks and then NPCs come and pay $300 for it calling great pieces.

After MGS I will go to Frostpunk.

SNYMA

Neo Member
I'm playing Okami HD on Steam atm, I played a lot of Capcom games back in the days of the PS2 but Okami was not one of them.

Codes 208

Omega ruby right now. I just caught Groudon (named him Godzilla) and im now currently roflstomping the eight gym. Gotta love his primal's desolate land ability preventing water moves from hitting. That and insta-solarbeams for days

OH-MyCar

Getting started on Yakuza 6 tonight (bought it day 1 but fell behind with work and wanting to revisit 5 entirely before heading in). Can't wait.

I started For Honor on PC.

The game is a blast but the greediness of the in game currency reminds me why I've been shying away from online gaming in recent years, I bought the "starter edition" and I'm basically now stuck only being able to customize three characters (and only play as a handful) since you make such a pittance of in game currency by playing the game it's almost required you spend more real life money to unlock more characters.

That aside the game is a lot of fun though.

droenn

Neo Member
I've had a bit of gaming ADD lately, so I've been playing Mad Max, Middle-Earth Shadow of War, Ruiner, and Hotline Miami 2.

I really like the style of Ruiner and Hotline Miami 2 though, and I wish Mad Max had combat as fluid as Shadow of War cause then it'd be top tier for me for sure.

ChuyMasta

Went back to smash 4 U
Sorry regalia, you lost me. Too many loading screens, the game is segmented and it constantly locks up. Hopefully tje update coming soon fixes this. In the meantime, I'll be Smashing.

Corrik

suikoden-ii-800x445.jpg

I was playing this Beautiful Game which is on its way as my favorite of all time and I had I just defeated Luca Blight..... and then my Vita gave a weird error and ALL MY SAVE DATE GOT DELETED !!#$@^#%$&@ Fck me... I was extremely OP and I had a bunch of members that I went around collecting plus I had just finished the Hai Yo Final Cook Off.... I tried the whole Vita Database rebuild and it still shows my Data as corrupted and when I try to load it it says "No Suikoden II Save Data" .... I also busted that mission to get McDohl... -_- I think I have to start from scratch over 30 hours gone like that. Do you Gaffers know any secret time magic to get my data back :(
I bet it was that Dick Neclord who has something to do with this....
neclord01.gif
This is one of the best games of all time. I suggest you just suck it up and start it over again. = /

Greedings

I'm playing the Zelda Breath of the Wild DLC. It's pretty OK, but a little too much wandering around aimlessly for me. I might have missed some clues or something.
I'm a little disappointed with the Switch's dry patch right now. It's been filled by old WiiU games and Labo. Nothing I'm really interested in. Hopefully people say Mario Tennis is good and I'll try it out.

I'm also playing Yakuza 0. Really enjoying it, but there is a little too much dialogue for me. I think I put my controller down for like 30 mins straight yesterday. That's not what I want from a game.

Osukaa

This is one of the best games of all time. I suggest you just suck it up and start it over again. = /

Yeah.... It's no use trying to get the data back :( damn.. I'll most likely start it again soon and hopefully do a thread about it. I'm super paranoid now and am going to start external saves after I start playing it again.

IpsoFacto

I am kinda force to replay Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force, because when I swaped out my original 500GB PS4 harddrive for a 2TB one, I was dumb enough to copy save files into a really old disk that apparentely was damaged. So I lost save files to a few games. This one was one of 'em. So was Yakuza: Kiwami. That sucked.

But it's not a hard game into. It's level grind friendly and even on hard it's fairly acessible. It's also short, you clear the first half of the game in New Game+ in less than two hours if need be.

-MD-

Lots of PUBG for my multiplayer and I've finally gotten around to A Hat in Time after waiting so many years for it, it's actually really good.

Finished: Far Cry 5, Story. Not 100% - Xbox One X

Now Playing: Quantum Break - Xbox One X

Next: South Park: A Fractured But Whole (huehue)

I couldnt help myself, I didn't mean to do it but I picked up Sea of Thieves and for one its nice to have something to play on my Xbox aside from Cuphead, for two I'm actually really loving it. My plan was to hold off for more content and pick it up after a price drop. The more I watched though, the more I could tell I'd probably end up really enjoying it.

I've played solo in a single sloop, managed to grab a couple of treasure chests, got eaten by sharks, trying to fend them off with a treasure chest after my ship was sunk, had a couple battles with other ships and learned to get alot better at sailing and navigating my way around. I just wanted to have abit of experience before joining others so I feel like more of a contributor in a team based setting.

I'm happy with my purchase and can't wait for the new content, Rare did a good job of making this feel like its own world, the water on the open seas is amazing.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux. I really like this game which makes me wish Atlus market this game more, I don't think most people even know this game just came out. But think Atlus doesn't expect this game to sell that much in west, this why they didn't bother dub the game.

I really hope Atlus doesn't to this with SMTV.

Stardew Valley
Ys 8: Lacrimosa of Dana
Bayonetta
I actually intend to get all of these for the switch after I finish Xenoblade I'm looking for a light RPG palette cleanser before Octopath Traveler arrives.
Will be waiting to get Ys after Octopath. I'm seriously considering Stardew Valley, I just wish there was a demo of like a week or so.
Also how does the new online work? Does someone join your existing farm or vice versa. Make a online only farm with drop in drop out?

Currently playing:
Switch:
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
- just began Chapter 5 first play through.

DOOM - played it on PC at release. Never finished it. I currently have 1 or 2 missions left. Most of the time I'm playing online Team Deathmatch. Just realized yesterday it has motion aiming option in the controls which helps a load using the stick for quick general aiming & motion for further precision.
Neo Geo:
Metal Slug X
- Trying to crack the top 100 online in High Score mode.

Shock Troopers - Practicing the 3 routes to determine which I'm better at before I start trying high score.

Blazing Star - I've always sucked at SHMUPS, I bought 2 to try.
Blazing Star is manageable, pretty easy only getting hit on bosses.
Last Resort - unlike Blazing Star this has been brutal and I am so bad at this game I can't get past the second level with unlimited quarters.

Ori and the Blind Forest. Just about to finish it. I'm close to the end and the game's been a heck of a lot of fun. The visuals look great and I like the character designs, especially the dark owl that serves as the antagonist which just looks terrifying. I'm a big fan of the huge variety of abilities for platforming and I love how seemless you can go from gliding to hovering to an air-dash to a double/triple jump and use all those combined to zip around areas. I will say it's almost a missed opportunity that combat isn't a focus or there isn't really any bosses...the wide variety of attacks could have made for some neat battles with a variety of ways to attack stuff.

ugh, the looming reminder I need to work on my console backlog! But purely focused on PC atm. I just can't sit down and play consoles anymore. Unless I have someone watching w/ me. =\
That's the appeal of switch you can sit anywhere.
Voted #1 Peoples Choice: The John at a truck stop playing DKCTF with music all the way down, and sfx all the way up!
It sounds and smells like a gorilla taking a dump next to them

Vawn

Banned
Nioh DLC: Love the new locations and enemies but I haven't liked most of the new bosses.

Ori and the blind forest: Wow this is amazing. One of the best "metroidvanias" I've played in a while. Looks great, plays great, has just the right level of challenge and so far a really good pacing for power unlocks

I like your taste in games. I loved both of those.

kunonabi

Just finished gravity rush 2 and im about to start the silver case probably. GR2 was absolutely awful to actually play so I'm glad to be done with it.

Cidolfas

Neo Member
Monster Hunter World on PS4 at the moment. And since I caught the MH virus I also started with Monster Hunter Generations on 3DS in preparation of the Switch release.

IpsoFacto

Finished Normal Route on Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force. Currentely trying to get into the Vile God route to get the last remaining Furies.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I’m still working my way through Final Fantasy 6 on SNES Mini, but I just came to say:

THE FLOATING CONTINENT IS ANNOYING AS FUCK!!!

Ahem, back to it then...

Unity2012

Ha awesome, I thought I was the "only one" - literally waited a decade to play this again and am loving it on a borrowed Xbox One. Such a refreshing design.
I had so much fun playing this game. I hope they give us "Ten Hammers," now. Some of the new features in the second one, like splitting the team and using interiors, are really cool.

Just finished Binary Domain after getting it in the recent Humble Bundle.

What a ride. Mechanically the game is about as bland as it gets. Voice controls that aren't of much use and stiff unresponsive shooting mechanics really make the initial impression pretty weak. I found myself playing the game ignoring the wonky cover system and just going straight up to enemies and blasting them apart (you can take quite a few hits on normal difficulty and between team revives and medkits death is pretty rare). The gameplay doesn't get "better" mechanically but the set pieces get creative enough that they are fun and entertaining overall. Breaking apart robots has a satisfying crunch to it too.

Its strongest aspect though is actually the story. Its like an entertaining movie that gets bad ratings but you love it anyway. Somewhat interesting story concept, silly characters, drama, and plot twists all wrapped up with some fun set pieces. By the half way point I was more interested to see how the crazy plot played out than I was any gameplay surprises that might be in store. Typically that would indicate a big dud of a game for me but overall, I really enjoyed it. I find that I take longer to play through games nowadays but beat this in just two days because I wanted to know how it would end.

Fake Spoilers: It ended in a cheesy way that was completely fulfilling.

Last edited:

Arimer

I've been trying to work my way through some back log that I have in games. I'm currently pretty heavy into Bravely Default on 3ds which I will follow up with Bravely Second. On PC I'm playing a lot of For the King, which i would highly recommend if you have 2 friends and youw ant something a bit more slower paced.

NickFire

Regularly playing Fortnite. Just started dlc for South Park. Trying to get motivation to try the Destiny 2 dlc since its part of season pass, but feeling complete apathy towards the game. Also wishing Friday the 13th would get fixed but never expecting it to actually happen.

I’m still working my way through Final Fantasy 6 on SNES Mini, but I just came to say:
THE FLOATING CONTINENT IS ANNOYING AS FUCK!!!
Ahem, back to it then...

Why so? Too many random encounters or are enemies whomping you a little bit? It's a bit of a step up but I didn't think it was too daunting. The real difficulty jump is for the final tower...it feels it's a lot tougher than any of the areas you can access before then.

Currently going through a "One Life" run on Ori and it's going slowly. So easy to die on a single mishap. This may take a while...

Top Bottom