• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Why so? Too many random encounters or are enemies whomping you a little bit? It's a bit of a step up but I didn't think it was too daunting. The real difficulty jump is for the final tower...it feels it's a lot tougher than any of the areas you can access before then.
Yeah, mainly too many random encounters making it difficult to navigate around the warps and maze-like world without getting lost and confused.

Also, the step up in enemy difficulty was annoying, with 1-2 hit kills. Wasn’t too bad because I was over levelled and had hoarded tons of healing items, but I still thought it was a touch unfair. Although, I didn’t realise when I posted that, that the level was so small haha.

Omg, not looking forward to the tower lol!

ooteeni

Never got around to trying these games when they first came out : Wizardry 8 and Dark Messiah Might and Magic. Quite surprised how good these games are and for their age they are quite a breath of fresh air.

Ar¢tos

Lego Harry Potter collection... I'm home with a nasty flu and the game doesn't require much thinking. I can just destroy things and relax.
Also, I only watched the first 5 movies and didn't care for them (was dragged to the cinema by friends) but I still want to know how it ends without having to watch the last movies, so the game will tell me.

Last edited:

laeddis22

Neo Member
Representing in % my free time after work, and weekends:

- OwlBoy (Nintendo Switch) --> 15%
- Tales From the Borderlands (One X) --> 75%
- Gears of War 4 Multiplayer Horde (One X) --> 10%

Aintitcool

Banned
After god of war. I'm playing horizon. I started it before half a year ago. But now I'm going to complete it. Graphics are the best and the story is good. It reminds me of mass effect.

red_sparrow

Neo Member
Currently playing Lego Pirates of the Caribbean after plating Dark Souls on PS3... needed something more relaxing and simple after NG++.

jadedm17

Fortnite, namely, and too much.
God of War I started but too much Switch love thanks to its portability so I'm nearing the end of Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze which took over the former games time.

I just love my Switch....
Now where's my Fortnite port?

Representing in % my free time after work, and weekends:

- OwlBoy (Nintendo Switch) --> 15%
- Tales From the Borderlands (One X) --> 75%
- Gears of War 4 Multiplayer Horde (One X) --> 10%
Oh cool, only 8 more days for physical Owl Boy on Switch, thanks for the reminder.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Got back to RE: Revelations 2. Still not finding that great as a single player, but I saw that I'm into the final chapter, so it's fine.

Neolombax

Eversince the release of Warmind, I've been playing Destiny 2 more regularly. Also, Star Wars Battlefront 2. I'm contemplating to finish off Far Cry 5, but they keep adding new weapons with every other update, it makes me think if I should hold off first.

kunonabi

Been playing Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash and The Silver Case on PS4. Been getting in some Lady Layton on the 3ds when I'm watching the NBA playoffs as well.

grizzlywhisker

Neo Member
i just replayed dark souls 2 and 3 and got my platinum trophies in both since i'm pretty excited for the dark souls remaster. i know a lot of the comparison videos show the DSfix mod for prepare to die edition looking superior, but i honestly haven't played the game in many years and i'm excited to jump back in because souls games are my personal favorite. also i have been replaying RE4 because i just love that game.

Let me know how Deadfire is!

Really enjoying it but im sucker for these old school CRPGs. An emphasis on ships and stuff doesn't hurt. Love all that stuff. People don't seem to like the ship stuff. Or at least, it's divisive. Have been staying away from impressions and conversations about it just 'cos i know it'll be a game i finish and im happier with minimal noise around it, if that makes sense.The sort of colonial-era meets traditional fantasy setting is... pretty well explored? I'm early ish on, so im not sure how far they push the story in certain directions. But yeah really liking it.

Wonkytonk

Replaying 2 of my all time favourites at the moment.

- The Last of Us Remastered on PS4
- Red Dead Redemption on Xbox One X (looks great in 4K)

Pallas

Witcher 2 on the Xbox One X via BC.

Wanted to play this before I even attempted Witcher 3. It’s actually really fun, makes me kind of wish that CD didn’t scrap plans for the first game back on the 360.

-MD-

Battle Chasers: Nightwar (PC) - why don't people talk about this game? It's great

PUBG (PC)

A Hat in Time (PC)

State of Decay 2 (PC) - This would've been a skip but since it's on game pass I'm giving it a shot for $10.

Last edited:

MadYarpen

Prey (PS4)
Not far into, but looks like I will enjoy it. So I would recommend it, though it is a bit clunky.

I feel kinda like I was playing Bioshock but in space.

Which is positive I guess;) Also I paid like 10$ for this so value is good;)

Last edited:

IpsoFacto

Almost done with Fairy Fence F: Advent Dark Force. Just trying to finish the final route and get the last S-rank Fairies.

OH-MyCar

Mega Man Legacy Collection on Switch and the input lag is heinous compared to other emulated titles. Capcom should be ashamed.

I get the feeling I won't be playing this very long once Bloodstained CotM comes out...

Corrik

Really enjoying it but im sucker for these old school CRPGs. An emphasis on ships and stuff doesn't hurt. Love all that stuff. People don't seem to like the ship stuff. Or at least, it's divisive. Have been staying away from impressions and conversations about it just 'cos i know it'll be a game i finish and im happier with minimal noise around it, if that makes sense.The sort of colonial-era meets traditional fantasy setting is... pretty well explored? I'm early ish on, so im not sure how far they push the story in certain directions. But yeah really liking it.
I was going to get it then I got really put off by the ship aspect when checking it out. Water/Ship stuff tends to turn me off (besides Pirates! Gold lol).

ruvikx

Banned
Fallout 3. I've been attempting to get my steam copy to work on steam link (without success) so I can play it on my TV, but until then, I'm on the PS3 version. I just made the overseer's head explode in vats... which displeased Amata. Oh well, ainsi va la vie.

I was going to get it then I got really put off by the ship aspect when checking it out. Water/Ship stuff tends to turn me off (besides Pirates! Gold lol).

Yeah fair enough i think if youre like predisposed to crpgs AND have a thing for boats, this kind of setting, etc, then this is gonna have that potential to scratch those itches
One thing about the ship v. ship combat is that it takes place in menu screens, via text inputs, and just conceptually thats gonna put people off i think.

Diddy X

Mad Max - great game, 13 hours in
Tomb Raider 2013 - good game, I'll finish It tonight
Doom - starting It right after TR. Hype.

All on PC

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Mega Man Legacy Collection on Switch and the input lag is heinous compared to other emulated titles. Capcom should be ashamed.

I get the feeling I won't be playing this very long once Bloodstained CotM comes out...
I downloaded and played it for about 20 minutes last night just before I went to bed. I didn’t notice any lag. I was playing in handheld mode, how were you playing it?

mostly just GTA 5 Online yet lol

been doing Contact Jobs for ages now and I was over R80 already at the time, but somehow (guess cuz I was finally the one who returned the package) I only had just saw the 'Meeting Martin Madrazo' scene... (no ads or anything made sure they were off for gaf fam)

^was a pretty fun solo playthrough of the Job in general I got chased by an attack helicopter (around 10:08) through basically all of Los Santos haha

some of the new (well, new from earlier this year) 4x4s are pretty fun too

bit of GR Wildlands here and there... really still enjoying the new AI teammate outfit customization

^night vision gear squad haha

i think though if the nightclub and business consolidation update rumours are true for GTAO tho it's gonna last me most the summer, or until RDR2. ... the one other game I'm pretty curious about though is Vampyr so I hope the free roam and exploration/atmosphere of that is solid.

Last edited:
Persona 5. First single player game in a long time that I haven’t been able to put down.

Some of the best character development I’ve ever experienced in gaming.

Vawn

Banned
Trying to plow through Okami on PS4. I am in the second third and finding it difficult to keep going.

ShadierRook7561

Neo Member
Right now I'm playing Project Cars 2 and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I keep coming back to Project Cars 2 over Forza because they have so many race cars compared to just sports cars with Forza. I just got Breath of the Wild this weekend. I just got to Hateno Ancient Tech Lab!

Back to Vanquish! So after completing the game on Hard mode I decided to go through it again. Died much less the second time and it allowed me to explore some of the mechanics the tutorial doesn't touch on. Different melee attacks with different weapons, tactical advantages to other weapons, and creative uses of the slowdown mechanics (instant EMP grenade drop is awesome). Despite often being criticized for its length, I really enjoy the campaign and like that it doesn't get bogged down with gimmicks and mini-games (closest being the sniper section which at least utilized the same mechanics as the rest of the game). Confident I was getting better at the game I figured it was time to try the tactical challenges... oh man these are rough.

Initially I was pretty frustrated, why did this seem so much harder than the campaign? Well for a few reasons (based on tactical challenge 1):
-Even in the arena settings during the campaign, enemies usually spawn in clusters on one side of the field, here they spawn all around the field. This makes cover trickier to use and at most a quick respite. As the enemies initially spawn together you do have a small window to do some damage but it quickly becomes improvising and on-the-move planning.

-Ammo is limited and you're forced to make use of different weapons. You can go through the campaign with the same few weapons (which the game almost encourages with its gun-rank system) and never use others. Those ranks, of course, don't carry over either so you're dealing with base weapons and damage/ammo values.

I really had to make use of everything I've learned to finish the first challenge, and I'm sure the others will be rough as well (including the still-locked Challenge 6). I think I can do it though. I want to platinum this game.

Started playing rocket league again...

I have no incomplete games atm, and just havent bought any. Moving at the end of june and starting new job so i may wait til im settled before getting back to gaming. Wasnt a fan of sushi striker demo, so not gonna get that, missed the aces demo, so i may hold off on it.

Might set up my sega saturn for the meantime and go through a game on that.

Could get back to my platinum run for TLOU though.. hmmm

Last edited:

OH-MyCar

Cute how I thought I was going to have my backer code by now.

Anyway, currently playing Metroid and already nowhere near getting the best ending. I can't believe I used to be able to make it through these games so quickly.

Housh

Octopath Traveler demo. I should probably stop and preorder since I'm getting close to 4 hours of enjoyment out of it.

Just finished Shin Megami Tensei IV and just started Dark Souls Remastered.

I would definitely recommend SMT IV. It has great gameplay and a pretty interesting story. The only aspect I didn't like was navigating the overworld map. It was hard to tell where things were. I actually had to use my knowledge of Tokyo to figure out which direction I needed to go. So in a way, it was kind of cool. But I'm sure it pissed off a lot of people lol.

Now I'm playing the GOAT, fully remastered in 1080p and 60fps, DARK SOULS. It's always a great time and it's nice to see the servers are full of people for jolly cooperation! Mixed it up this time and am running a dex build. It definitely takes some getting used to, but I'm enjoying it. Just entered the Depths.

Last edited:
Okay, so I finished The Sexy Brutale and really enjoyed it. Super unique in many ways with a Majora's Mask style mechanic. But now I need to play something new. Can you help me decide between a few games?

I've got some more indie games i could try like Never Alone and Silence, or Black the Fall. I could also play Rise of the Tomb Raider, which I've never tried. The only other option is Life is Strange . Out of those games, what is your recommendation?

Vawn

Banned
L3kH3aztyUDm4UmjLjeUA7n72Rdx-5NA.png

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I’m continuing to work through my backlog of shame. After finishing Tactics Ogre: LUCT (PSP) and FFVI (SNES Mini), I have decided to give Chrono Trigger a proper go this time, knowing now that I am capable of completing a JRPG (even though I promised myself I wouldn’t play another JRPG next up, lol).

I procrastinated for a couple of hours yesterday about whether to play the SNES version or the NDS version. The SNES version looks more colourful as opposed to the DS version which looks a bit darker/washed out. But, the DS version has an updated, more accurate English translation. It was a hard decision, but in the end I went with the NDS version because of the translation and being able to play it on the go, not tethered to the television.

I am determined to finish it this time after attempting it when the DS version released and stopping after 9 hours. It is a gaming classic and needs to be in my completed games list.

Calibos

Dark Souls R(can’t resist)
Fallout 4 (achievement cleanup)
State of decay 2 (love it!)
PubG X(can’t stop the addiction)

God of War(the above is preventing this)

Dimorphic

I just finished God of War and am now playing State of Decay 2 and Halo 4 on Legendary on the MCC.

State of Decay 2 is actually really great. The exploration gameplay loop is addictive and the base building/survival is well executed.

After rewatching Raycevick’s Halo ... Years Later series I wanted to jump back into Halo and I’ve always thought H4 was underrated. I never completed a Legendary run so, why not?

Finished God of War and am now doing all the extra bits on the road towards the platinum trophy. Have to say, I could only beat 4 of the valkyries on normal mode and had to shove the difficulty down on level. Bit of a shame, as that then put them on the side of too easy. I've not tried to go for the queen yet, so we shall see. I think it would've been good if a couple of the valkyries had been bosses in the game proper.

However, I am planning on starting Ni No Kuni 2 on the weekend, so I don't OD on God of War. Will come back to it later in the year.

GeekyDad

Another playthrough of Tactics Ogre. Seems to become more addictive with each playthrough. Been about a year since my last, and I think I put in about 200 or so hours. One of those games you can't stop thinking about when you're not playing it.

Top Bottom