• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

LordPezix

Ghost Recon: Wildlands (Finished)
Farcry 5: (Finished)

Elder Scrolls Online: (Currently)
The Division: Game Pass (Currently)

Also... still playing League of Legends.

A lot of Fallout 4 VR on Rift. I turned off the music so now it's just environmental sounds and I find it very enjoyable. Really enjoy raising the scope of the gun closer to my eye and having it automatically go to zoomed in cross-hairs.

Carlinhos_0986

Neo Member
I'm 20 hours into Hollow Knight on Switch. Anyone who likes metroidvanias should play this game. It is a masterpiece! Instant classic! And it's so cheap too. If you're on the fence, do yourself a favor and buy it! Best indie game EVER.

Cato

Banned
Bought Prey recently. Heard it is great :) but that it flopped :-(
Finished FarCry5 recently too. Quite good game but a bit too repetitive and too long. Much improvement from FC3 and FC4 though.

Right now playing Dark Souls Remaster.

Last edited:

kunonabi

I 100%ed and got the platinum for Peach Beach Splash so playing Nier: Automata. I find it pretty underwhelming to be honest but maybe it picks up.

Mr Hyde

I completed A Walk in the Park earlier today. It was a good expansion and it fit nicely in to the setting and worldbuilding of The Surge. An amusement park as a setup to the scenario that unfolds there is brilliant, and added interesting lore to Creo being a company that cares for its employees. The design was spot on for a theme park and the enemies and bosses gave me a run for its money. The last boss was particularly memorable, even though the events leading up to it were a bit absurd for my taste. At first I was like "ehh, what the fuck is this?" but when the battle escalated into its second phase I was like "Okey, this should be interesting. Lets go!" I got some cool looking armor too. The Mantis set is my favourite but I´m leaning towards the Liquidator Set too, which I´m crafting right now as we speak. It seems that it illuminates the dark with small light bulbs attached too it and it looks great.

Right now I´m running around the Research and Development area. I love these kinda laboratory-settings, with evidence of horrible experiments and other things that indicates that everything just went to shit. It creates a dark vibe, especially now when the nano bots have made an entrance, and the Surge fully commits to its sci fi-premise in a wonderful way. It´s nothing original thats for sure, but it feels like I´m playing a mashup of my favourite science fiction-movies with the gameplay from Dark Souls, and honestly, it feels fucking great.

I'm 20 hours into Hollow Knight on Switch. Anyone who likes metroidvanias should play this game. It is a masterpiece! Instant classic! And it's so cheap too. If you're on the fence, do yourself a favor and buy it! Best indie game EVER.

Only time will tell if Hollow Knight can beat Cave Story+, Celeste and The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+. It is up there with the very best.

klosos

Diablo 3 Ultimate edition , I am 101 bounties away from getting the platinum trophy , after that am not sure I might start Deus Ex Mankind Divided even tho I was disappointed with Human Revolution I felt that game didn't have the soul as the OG Deus Ex or I might start the Surge

xviper

i'm currently playing Detroit and man is it boring as fuck, story is awful and not engaging, everyday i play about 2-3 chapters and stop, Heavy rain and Beyond were MUCH better

i think this studio should move on from this type of games, they got lucky with Heavy rain and that's it

Mr Hyde

I'm so fucking pissed right now at the Surge. It just baffles me how stupid some of the design choices is in this game. Having enemies in a narrow corridor on the way to the boss, guaranteeing that you lose one injectable, just grinds my teeth to no end. I don't think I have ever seen such bad enemy placement in a game like this, it's like Deck 13 just randomly put enemies around the map with no thought put into it. And the Black Cerberus is just the biggest cunt ever, with poise running out of his ass, who runs and hides in his little office hoping that the the bigger machine kills me. Stupid gimmick boss of the worst kind. Just have a fucking 1v1 duel and be done with it.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I'm so fucking pissed right now at the Surge. It just baffles me how stupid some of the design choices is in this game. Having enemies in a narrow corridor on the way to the boss, guaranteeing that you lose one injectable, just grinds my teeth to no end. I don't think I have ever seen such bad enemy placement in a game like this, it's like Deck 13 just randomly put enemies around the map with no thought put into it. And the Black Cerberus is just the biggest cunt ever, with poise running out of his ass, who runs and hides in his little office hoping that the the bigger machine kills me. Stupid gimmick boss of the worst kind. Just have a fucking 1v1 duel and be done with it.

Its still worth playing right? Its just rage inducing right now.. I was going to play more of it.

I have been playing the DaS Remastered and I started a new character in DaS2:SotFS.

GeekyDad

Still playing Tactics Ogre (fifth playthrough, I think). Just went into the Palace yesterday. On floor 17.

The obsession continues...

Destiny 2 and The Division.

Man i'd forgotten how fun division was. I've been playing around with different builds and i'm having a blast.

After about a 6 month hiatus, I got back into Mario Odyssey this week. I had "beaten" the game and was going through it to collect all of the moons systematically, stage-by-stage. Then I got to the 100 jump ropes moon. I stopped playing the game at that point until I saw a glitch video online of an easy way to do it. Got it the other night and now I'm all-in in my pursuit for the rest of the moons.

techblogger911

Neo Member
I am currently playing PUBG on mobile since my friend took my PS4 lol. Otherwise it's usually FIFA 18,GTA 5 and one of the random NFS titles.

Last edited:
I hopped back into Sea Of Thieves night before last, had a very random experience but it turned out to be a welcomed experience, I just suspect it wont happen often.

I was on a merchant quest looking for chickens, scouting an island when out of nowhere to the one side of the island I noticed a galleon ship. I saw a guy running around on the beach and I thought I was done for cause for. For a ship that big to be parked there, there had to have been a bigger crew to run it. I went from my boat to the shore anyways keeping close watch on the guy on the beach, it looked like he was on a treasure hunt, I had a chicken cage with me and we began to chat, I only had my kinect plugged in so I was iffy if this other player would hear me at all. He told me he was on a treasure hunt but his other crew members had stopped chatting with him, he knew I wasn't looking to pick a fight I just wanted my chickens. He ended up telling me since he'd not heard from his friends on their headsets, he said he was going to leave the treasure he found in the bushes for me and he did!

I sailed to the nearest port without incident and sold this treasure chest given to me and I sold my chickens. Its not too often shit like that happems in Sea Of Thieves, just wanted to share it, not everyone is an asshole.

Playing Bloodborne these days. Just killed the Orphan of Kos boss at the end of the DLC. Was a brutal boss that took me at least two or more hours but I got him. These Souls games just kick my ass but I love them.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Picked up a XBX and traded in my XBO for a Switch. Activated Game Pass and played a bit more Halo 5, so boring what did 343 do to the franchise? Moved on to Halo Wars 2, again not good. Got Disney Adventures or whatever it's called thinking my ten year old would like it. Nope, even she knows good games from bad ones. Did not see much else interesting on the Game Pass.

Family is enjoying Mario Kart and I started Zelda. I'm not a Nintendo person, but I like 4-player games and I'm looking forward to Brawl and some other stuff.

Mr Hyde

Just beat The Surge. The final boss was excellent, both in design and how it played out. I am genuinely surprised by how good this game was. It's the best Souls-like by far, a true sleeper hit, and I think Deck 13 has a great opportunity now to improve upon the formula with the sequel. If they continue like this, The Surge might just be as good as the games it takes inspiration from. Now it's on to NG+.

Last edited:

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Tried out Super Mega Baseball 2 (free via Games with Gold recently). It is surprisingly deep.

kunonabi

Finished Nier: automata so on to Danganronpa V3. Nier got better but all this talk of greatest video game story ever told is just silly.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Been playing through Sundered and enjoying it quite a bit. The market is pretty flooded with indie metroidvanias of late, but this one is pretty good.

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
About to start Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze on Switch. Hopefully this one is easier as i wasn't able to beat the first.

Got to love gamefly.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I finished Super Metroid (SNES) and have now moved on to Metroid Fusion (GBA).

Hey, backlog of shame...

I go back n forth between GOW, Evil Within 2 (X) and a little bit of Detroit .. want to see different available paths ..cause I did a little unexpected doo doo to my gurl Minka Kelly..so, need to fix that asap.

Orta

Banned
This.

6QsYjC.jpg

I seriously hope Capcom eases off on the backtracking next January.....

Surprisingly fortnite and octopath traveler demo.. knowing all the save demo from all the characters will get transferred is making me play through it. Mad though cause i already did the olberic stuff the first time there was a demo so now i gotta redo his story.

Redshirt

Banned
Skipped PoE Incursion because I needed a break.

Conan Exiles. Only played single-player and co-op. Enjoyed my time with it (intensely at times) but my infatuation with the game wore off at about week three since it's a bit shallow for how I chose to play it (not MP).

Doing a Borderlands 2 one-life run as a palate cleanser, and then it's The Crew 2 on Tuesday!

Last edited:

ChuyMasta

Pokemon quest. I really like how simple it is.
Im working on filling out the pokedex.

I ended up playing for more than 10 hours since its release according to the switch play time log. So, I'm just gonna go ahead and buy it.

Top Bottom