• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Fox Mulder

Horizon zero dawn for the first time. 56 hours in and haven't even finished story or touched any of the dlc part yet.

Will move to Yakuza 0 or Bloodborne next, also first time.

Last edited:

royox

Just ended DarkSouls 3 for first time (after DS1 and DS2) and I've been watching lore videos.

I've never felt so empty in my videogamer life. Dunno what to play now....it feels like nothing will give me all those feelings. I don't talk about "being hard", I mean the lore, the enviroment, the "story", the places...

dolabla

I've had a real craving to play the Genesis lately. I tried playing the Adventures of Batman & Robin and man that game is hard. I'm gonna be playing TMNT The Hyperstone Heist tonight.

Mochilador

I beat Star Wars Battlefront 2 just recently. I couldn't play the multiplayer, I always ended up in empty games.
The campaign is ok and the arcade mode is fun.

EDMIX

Still playing God Of War (LOVING IT), at the ending of Persona 4 on PS3, randomly play some games of Battlefield 1 and 4 from time to time.

brett_me

Neo Member
I just got internet yesterday and I don't have Xbox LIVE Gold or PS+ yet so I'm just playing garbage F2P games like Fortnite, Smite, and Rec Room VR.

As soon as I get paid I'm getting Gold and jumping back into R6 Siege for the first time in 9 or so months.

NahaNago

I'm bouncing around with Uncharted 3, Detroit become human, and FF15. I think I'm going to increase the number of games by going back and to playing watchdogs, bloodborne, last of us, ff7, and world of final fantasy. I also was thinking about restarting ff14, I kinda quit after the reboot. This is just so I don't get burnt out or disgusted with a game but feel the need to finish but finding something else I would rather do. I really hate the walking simulator called Uncharted and last of us but I still want to beat the games. Like seriously I think i hate everything naughtydog has created since the ps3 era. even if the games looks really pretty. That reminds me I also want to beat that halo collection even though I hate first person shooters just for the story.

Last edited:

badboyyy

Completed first Far Cry 5 DLC, damn that was very good dlc, that atmosphere of Vietkong and jungles, loved. Now jumping in Dragon Quest Builders on Switch, and I stuck on dressing quest..

brian0057

Banned
Since I'm on a World War 1 binge, trying to learn everything I can about it, I'm currently playing Valiant Hearts: The Great War. If only Ubisoft put as much effort on their AAA releases as they do on their 2D games which, in my opinion, are superior.

ilfait

Been playing F-Zero, X with a Hori Mini Pad, and GX back-to-back on the original hardware in RGB.

All three are amazing and I don't think I'd be able to say any one is better than the other two; they each have their particular strengths. Top tier arcade racing that nothing else in the genre surpasses, that's matched by only a select few games.

JimiNutz

Banned
Trackmania Turbo:
I've never played a Trackmania game before and I'm absolutely blown away by this one. It's highly addictive, short and intense tracks with a incredible sense of speed, great handling and absolutely insane track design. I know it reviewed well but I don't ever really see many people talking about this game and it's a real shame because I'd argue it's the best arcade racer I've played this generation. Certainly the most fun and intense one anyway.

For Honor:
I've only just started this but I'm really impressed so far. It's a unique take on a traditional fighting game with a very interesting control scheme and game mechanics. I've only really played 1v1 duels at the moment so that I can get a feel for the combat but I've really enjoyed it so far.

Okami HD:
Incredibly beautiful and relaxing game. Im about 12 hours in and have barely scratched the surface as I understand that this is quite a long game. It's pretty low on challenge at the moment but it's such a beautiful and charming world that I'm happy just running around it and taking in the sights.

nowhat

To my surprise I've been playing a fuckton of GT Sport. On a personal level I really don't care much for cars or motorsports, so far my casual racing needs have been more than satisfied by Mario Kart with the occasional Wipeout thrown in. But I'm going to visit my brother in about a month, and I know he likes the GT series - so seeing GT Sport at the E3 sale, I suggested that instead of Tekken or Rocket League like always, we'll both get GT Sport and both will have a month to practice for upcoming split-screen sessions.

At first I thought I'd just do a few races, but they quickly proved what I already knew: I can't drive for shit. This is the point I've given up on pretty much every racer I've played. But there's brotherly rivalry to be had, I cannot just go out there and lose all the time. So for the first time ever (physical or virtual) I went to a driving school. I made the point of getting a gold from all the beginner level classes before I'd play a single race more. And yeah, it was infuriating at first. Goddamnit game, that was a perfectly good corner and you know it!

But eventually, with enough repetition and swearing, it started to click with me. And oddly enough, despite not being a car person at all, I've really enjoyed it. Mostly just practicing in the campaign (tried online a few times, will train some more before humiliating myself further), but even as an offline game + split screen 16€ was totally worth it.

(On a slightly related note - any tips for getting around pinwheel corners better? The basic theory was in the driving school, but I only seem to really nail it like 1 times out of 20. It's not the braking so much, although that is still a bit hit and miss for me, but rather turning the car around quickly enough. It seems CPU drivers can do this so much better/faster - I'm assuming they don't cheat, so there must be something/a lot that I'm missing.)

Mochilador

To my surprise I've been playing a fuckton of GT Sport. On a personal level I really don't care much for cars or motorsports, so far my casual racing needs have been more than satisfied by Mario Kart with the occasional Wipeout thrown in. But I'm going to visit my brother in about a month, and I know he likes the GT series - so seeing GT Sport at the E3 sale, I suggested that instead of Tekken or Rocket League like always, we'll both get GT Sport and both will have a month to practice for upcoming split-screen sessions.

At first I thought I'd just do a few races, but they quickly proved what I already knew: I can't drive for shit. This is the point I've given up on pretty much every racer I've played. But there's brotherly rivalry to be had, I cannot just go out there and lose all the time. So for the first time ever (physical or virtual) I went to a driving school. I made the point of getting a gold from all the beginner level classes before I'd play a single race more. And yeah, it was infuriating at first. Goddamnit game, that was a perfectly good corner and you know it!

But eventually, with enough repetition and swearing, it started to click with me. And oddly enough, despite not being a car person at all, I've really enjoyed it. Mostly just practicing in the campaign (tried online a few times, will train some more before humiliating myself further), but even as an offline game + split screen 16€ was totally worth it.

(On a slightly related note - any tips for getting around pinwheel corners better? The basic theory was in the driving school, but I only seem to really nail it like 1 times out of 20. It's not the braking so much, although that is still a bit hit and miss for me, but rather turning the car around quickly enough. It seems CPU drivers can do this so much better/faster - I'm assuming they don't cheat, so there must be something/a lot that I'm missing.)
I had a similar experience. I was never interested in racing games but just recently I decided to play the Forza games.
I am terrible at it because I have only started learning to play these kind of games now but it feels good when you are able the hit the corner apex.

DarkBatman

PS4
Started Watch Dogs 2 again, because I never finished it. Don't know why... but let's see, if I can reach the credits this time.

Switch
A mix between Sushi Striker, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, and Breath of the Wild.
Everytime I lose interest in playing one of them, my interest to play another one rises. So basically the perfect circle of Switch gaming.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
X360:
Battlefield 3. Almost done.

PSP:
Medal of Honor: Heroes/Coded Arms.

Phone:
PUBG Mobile (Finally the FPP mode is in!), Modern Combat Versus.

Yes, all first person games. Sue me. :)

Gander

Banned
Pretty far in XCOM 2, considering waiting for a price drop on the expansion or jumping into Valkyrie Chronicles when done.

I also have started playing a bunch of GT Sport, picked it up during the Sony days of play sale when I upgraded to a PS4 Pro. This game looks gorgeous in HDR and is alot of fun to play, I've been playing Gran Turismo since the first game, renting it with friends and staying up all night to play.

I've done none of the licensing testing and jumped into the campaign, playing through the Sunday Cup's in Beginner and Amateur modes, I played through the American Cup and the FR challenge. I recently bought one of my fav cars in the game the Toyota Supra, in this game its the GR Supra Racing Concept 2018 and started playing around in arcade more flying around the Nurburgring.

As for the the the hairpin corners you speak of, try approaching on the outside as the straight away ends, then brake, ease off the gas abit and cut across to the inside of the corner. Thats how I usually maneuver them, some cars will do it better than others obviously and once you're into that inner part of the turn and find that apex, accelerate through it and you'll actually gain traction. Probably easier for you to watch a video that it is with my explanation but thats the science behind it.

Super fun game though, made me remember how much I missed playing this game. I'm hoping they'll add a bunch more cars, missing out on the Shelby GT500/ Shelby GT350.

Mochilador

Pretty far in XCOM 2, considering waiting for a price drop on the expansion or jumping into Valkyrie Chronicles when done.
Is the expansion much different than the main game? I heard people saying that it's much better and that they fixed a lot of stuff.
I am interested in the base game.

Gander

Banned
Is the expansion much different than the main game? I heard people saying that it's much better and that they fixed a lot of stuff.
I am interested in the base game.

Peoples main gripe and mine as well is that you will have a high percentage to hit and still miss targets. If they fix that in the expansion I will definitely get it.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Playing Destiny 2 via the free weekend on Live. I'm not one to complain about framerates, but Destiny 2 really seems like molasses compared to Doom and CoD: Infinite Warfare, which I've played recently.

Anybody else new add me, gamertag same as username.

Trackmania Turbo:
I've never played a Trackmania game before and I'm absolutely blown away by this one. It's highly addictive, short and intense tracks with a incredible sense of speed, great handling and absolutely insane track design. I know it reviewed well but I don't ever really see many people talking about this game and it's a real shame because I'd argue it's the best arcade racer I've played this generation. Certainly the most fun and intense one anyway.

I fucking LOVE Trackmania Turbo. There are 2 games on the console that I think were very well reviewed but are grossly underplayed: Trackmania and The Talos Principle. They are by far two of the best experiences I've had on the PS4 library and I can't recommend them enough.

jadedm17

Crash (Switch), Fortnite (ps4 and switch), and Hollow Night (switch)....

Replaying Ori and the Blind Forest!
... is filling that Metroidvania, beautiful art, soulful music and crazy story itch but man... Yea, I really can't wait for Ori 2; Smash is my game and Ultimate is a dream but if I'm honest my most anticipated title right now is Ori 2. (I turn 31 in July and have limited gaming time so tight single player experiences are taking more and more priority over multiplayer.)

I just 100%'d the Mario+Rabbids Donkey Kong Adventure. It was fantastic. And surprisingly long if you do all the extra challenges (16). I have 4 levels left in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze left that I'll probably finish tomorrow. I'm also playing a little Lumines Remastered.

Housh

I'm on the final boss of DOOM (2016) then I might play some Horizon Zero Dawn until Octopath Traveler comes out.

double GTA$ for MCs/CEOs in GTA 5 Online this week ;p

gonna play its vehicular-PUBG-clone mode Motor Wars tonight too haha

Last edited:

Codes 208

-Xbox version of Crash Bandicoot.
-Dark Souls 1-3 (I'm working on a youtube video so I need clips for editing purposes)
-Links Awakening DX on 3DS VC
-Halo 5 MP (one of my friends got me back into it. Still wished Shotty snipers was a perm playlist)

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
I fucking LOVE Trackmania Turbo. There are 2 games on the console that I think were very well reviewed but are grossly underplayed: Trackmania and The Talos Principle. They are by far two of the best experiences I've had on the PS4 library and I can't recommend them enough.

It's such a good game and so damn addictive. I'm hoping that more people play it now that it's been a free PS+ game.

Orta

Banned
Devil May Cry 1 via the HD collection.

Must be a good 15 years since I bought it for my ps2. A real eye-opener as to how bad I've since become at games.

Being slaughtered left right and center but am slowly getting there and my creaky almost 40 year old trigger fingers are warming up. Still a blast to play, dodgy camera aside, I'm 11 levels in after one sitting, will persevere and see it out and give it a more cocky second play-through now I'm familiarising myself with its mechanics.

Typhares

Finally getting to the end of Hollow Knight, going for the true ending now.
After that I decided to give Battle chef brigade a go! It looks to be a fun sotry game with match 3 and light BTA action mash up.

Basoes

Seinarukana, decent srpg with lewds, soul worker, tales of berseria (again) and casual fortnite/pubg and crypt of the necrodancer + sum enter the gungeon

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I just finished Metroid Fusion (GBA) and am now struggling to decide what to play next from my backlog.

I’m thinking of playing an RPG. Trying to decide between:

- Radiant Historia (NDS)
- Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U)
- Seiken Densetsu 3 (Super Famicom)
- Super Mario RPG (SNES)

Anyone have any advice?

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Rise of the Tomb Raider

Good game overall but I can‘t help but feel a bit disappointed. CD made the classic sequel mistake: Improve everything that wasn‘t that good in the first part (tombs and exploration) but at the same time forget about the strengths of it (pacing, set pieces, story).

While there are many things I like in this game, it just doesn‘t flow as good as the original reboot. Really hope the fix this with Shadow in September. Or if they can‘t get the propper mix, then at least make it more like the Reboot. Sometime less is just more.

Last edited:

level1

25 hours into hollow knight and getting closer to the end. Honestly such a great game with so much content that 15 bucks feels like a steal.

Looking forward to getting into vampyr straight after.

Last edited:
fun tonight with the vehicular PUBG-clone in GTA Online ~

(edit: just a standard good match BTW didn't mean 'fun' as in anything notable; just a good example of how it should play out)

one thing I think that likely gets pretty much no praise even in GTAO is how good some of the GTAO scores are haha not all of them, mind you: Import/Export is the popular one one to hate; Bikes gives me PTSD from mail truck deliveries. CEO is okay but a lot of it uses the original score. But some of the Gunrunning/Motor Wars ones are really good and in general I'm pretty fond of Gunrunning, Smuggler's Run, and Lowriders scores.

game is getting Nightclubs soon BTW...

for anyone that may want to check them out but doesn't follow its updates haha. maybe this upcoming week or next... imminently and soon ;p

Last edited:

Gander

Banned
Loved Xcom 2. If you are a fan of Front Mission or Starcraft definitely give this game a try. I don't know why this game pushes PS4 to it's limits but it does especially in the end stages. I was getting slow down and game crashes toward the end. Slight blemish on an otherwise very polished game. Also there must be a thread about the best games with the worst names. This has to be at the top of the list.

Onto Valkyria Chronicles

Last edited:

Revoh

Mario Odyssey (Switch)
Uncharted 3 (PS4)
God of War (PS4)

Having a blast with Mario, it's so much fun
Uncharted is Uncharted... I'm 20% through the campaign and so far it's kinda meh. I guess I'm just tired of the game's formula that's so generic nowadays.
And GoW almost made me sleep last night, it's so boring. They completely changed the game around, for the worse, IMO. Somebody please tell me the game gets better by the end.

Nine hours into Vampyr but I haven't played in over a week, due to the scorching weather outside. I'd feel guilty sat in the house because we don't get weather like this very often.

Top Bottom