• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Neolombax

Trying my hand at Street Fighter V Arcade Edition, its better than I thought it would be. Got my ass handed to me online though.

Also reinstalled Borderlands The Handsome Jack Collection after stopping midway previously. Its better than I remember it to be. Might stick around longer this time.

The Banner Saga 2 on Switch. I'm stuck on this hard fight at the end of Chapter 13. Ys VIII on Playstation 4. I just started and I'm loving the combat. PC wise been playing Zero Time Dilemma. Enjoying the game immensely

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I finally bought Chrono Trigger to play on my Vita in the current sale for $5. I have circled it warily since 1995 and have never tried it until today.

rolandss

Just finished God of War on PS4. Was a good game. I don't think it was the masterpiece it was billed to be, but solid and enjoyable. Now I'll be going back into Yakuza 0, which will probably see me out the rest of the year the rate I play these days. Well, at least until the new Red Dead comes out.

Fbh

The Surge .

Pretty big step up from Lord of the fallen (also, this studio went from sub 30fps in the console version of lord of the fallen to 60fps in the surge).

So far it's pretty fun but I'm struggling a bit with the combat. Sometimes enemies seem to react to my attacks while other times they don't (they take damage but don't react to the attacks).

I do like the idea of targeting different body parts though and the level design is also a step up from LOTF

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I finally bought Chrono Trigger to play on my Vita in the current sale for $5. I have circled it warily since 1995 and have never tried it until today.
I just finished it for the first time recently. You’re in for a treat.

NahaNago

Played a bit of Yakuza 0 and Dragonquest warriors 2 this week and I should be starting up Uncharted 4 since I beat #3 last week. I'll probably play Little Nightmares as well as Girl with the robot since those games shouldn't take too long to beat.

IpsoFacto

Yakuza 6: The Song of Life

I just... wow. This is the upgrade that the Yakuza series needed and deserved. The graphical upgrade makes everything look better, the near seemless transition between entering and exiting buildings makes the world feel more alive. The combat system, that while I agree that it's less varied, works really well and it's full of little details. All the sub stories being fully voiced makes it a more complete experience.

Finally 100% Rise of the Tomb Raider. I enjoyed it far more than i ever expected i would. Great game.

Loaded up Unravel 2 last night. I didnt get very far as i was tired. Played through part of the intro which is just a tutorial to bring players back up to speed on controls. Curiously, I dont think ive seen a single post about it on gaf. Anyone else played it? Is there a game thread for it?

Last edited:

Daymos

Mostly Xenoblade2 and Final Fantasy XV, two games that I completed long ago but I just can't stop picking away at trophies and/or DLC, both are fun and relaxing to play for hours on end. I am also trying to slog my way through dragon age inquisition, but the initial story bits leading up to the skyhold I've mostly lost interest. It seems like I dread every enemy encounter and halfway through my first battle for the day I'm reaching itching to save my game and turn it off ASAP.

Last edited:

Kadmac25

Finally 100% Rise of the Tomb Raider. I enjoyed it far more than i ever expected i would. Great game.

Loaded up Unravel 2 last night. I didnt get very far as i was tired. Played through part of the intro which is just a tutorial to bring players back up to speed on controls. Curiously, I dont think ive seen a single post about it on gaf. Anyone else played it? Is there a game thread for it?

I am playing it right now too. Fantastic game. It's like the Uncharted series but for PC gamers. I am really looking forward to the next one.

kunonabi

I like the Xenosaga series a lot.

The first one had broken gameplay as the mech just trounces everything, but if you don't use the mech ever it's fun.

I love the first one and the third is decent but part 2 was just straight garbage to me.

emmy26

Neo Member
Still Playing tank trouble...I think I've sunk 130 hours into it. and wasting time on rooftop snipers game.
Waiting for Switch CFW so I can update it (on 4.0.1 now an refuse to update) and buy Stardew Valley since it now has MP. Really looking forward to Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate on the go with the Switch. I think despite Worlds, you are going to see a big community who want to play it on the go.

główny.jpg

Pejo

Finally finished Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive edition. I feel like I've been playing it super casually for years, so it feels great, got 100% too. It's a really cool spin on the Metroidvania genre, with really satisfying jumping puzzle sections that reminded me of the music levels in the newer Rayman games. Kinda funny that I still feel the water part was the hardest part in the game, way harder than the final sequence. They really nailed traversal, but the combat was kinda boring, just mashing attack in the general vicinity of things and jumping around, also no real bosses to speak of. Regardless, can't wait for part 2.

On to Hollow Knight to finish that up now (got about halfway there too, lol).

Kacho

Gold Member
Splitting my time between Donkey Kong TF and Darkest Dungeon on Switch while I wait for Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate.

Cactuarman

Banned
Ni No Kuni II

Great game but struggling a bit with kingdom upgrading. I don't think it's totally clear what to do and it seems weird to me that you can totally empty out a building once you've researched everything. I spend a lot of time just waiting for my funds to increase and Googling things like "what do I do with mining camp #3?"

Södy

God of War for PS4

Talk about overhyped.... Great game but it's an 8/10 at best for me.

Havent played the new GoW yet (absolutely loved the first games) but this is how I felt about every Uncharted. Yeah nice games, 7/10 or 8/10 but nearly no replay value and definetly not a 10/10.

KungKrut

Neo Member
Ys VIII
It´s ok. The game has a nice flow to it and the combat is fluid and fast, so the game is fun to play.
But, I find the story lacking and the characters are kinda boring actually.
I`m only halfway through the game though, I guess, so the story might pick up!

Waiting for Octopath Traveler and Yakuza Kiwami 2, really looking forward to those two.

Mr Hyde

I'm playing Bloodborne right now (again for the zillionth time). I used to think that skill or strength or arcane was the tits in this game, but bloodtinge, now that's where things get interesting. Simon's Bowblade, Chikage and Evelyn are so cool everything just melts in comparison. I also love Rakuyo and cannot believe it isn't a bt weapon. We already had Blades of Mercy. Missed opportunity. Just reached Old Yharnam. Fuck I love this game.

RobRSG

The Crew 2, Forza Horizon 3 on Xbox One X.
Need for Speed 2015 on PS4.
F-Zero GX on WiiU.

I guess I got a racing game fever.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
It took me too long to decide what to play next, but finally I decided on finally trying to finish GTA IV on PC after starting and giving up on X360 at launch.

Shifty

Nioh: Complete Edition, 62 hours in and I haven't finished the main quest yet.

The difficulty curve is pretty wild but I can see myself putting in a whole bunch more hours with the endgame / new game plus stuff.

Just finished Beyond: Two Souls (free PS Plus download last month). Even though it was as much interactive movie as it was a game I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Just picked up Atelier Lydie & Suelle on Switch. I've always wondered what that series was about, so now I get to give it a try tonight after work.

Mr Branding

It took me too long to decide what to play next, but finally I decided on finally trying to finish GTA IV on PC after starting and giving up on X360 at launch.

I might get shady looks for this but enjoy what I consider to be the best GTA game. The physics are amazing in this one (even if a bit overdone), the story is ok but dat NY atmosphere is amazeballs. Loved the driving in this one and the music is stellar (if they didn't remove songs because of the licenses)

Nioh: Complete Edition, 62 hours in and I haven't finished the main quest yet.

The difficulty curve is pretty wild but I can see myself putting in a whole bunch more hours with the endgame / new game plus stuff.

Where you at my man? I just got done with
umi bozu
and them
tengus
are something else.

Last edited:

Muffdraul

Super Mario Odyssey, finally. Had it since day 1, but that was the same day AC Origins released, and I decided to play that first. Got two or three moons on day 1 just on principle but somehow I never went back to it, even after I finished Origins. (And by finished I mean "got bored," which was only after multiple playthrus of the main story and both DLCs.) Anyway I started a fresh Odyssey save file on July 1 and I'm a little over 500 moons now. Don't know if I'll ever bother doing the Dark Side or the Darker Side. For the last few days I've been farming gold coins just to buy the last mega expensive outfits. I bought all of the purple coin swag in every level except for the 25-coin souvenirs, still a few purples short in every level except one. I think once I've got all of the outfits that will be that, until I feel like starting another new file someday.

Last edited:

WarpedPixels

Neo Member
Slowly working my way through Cuphead and Ni No Kuni 2, my time is kind of restricted at the moment because of work so I probably won't have them finished for quite some time.

Playing Gravity Rush during my commute too, looking forward to (eventually) playing the second game.

Shifty

Where you at my man? I just got done with
umi bozu
and them
tengus
are something else.
I'm at the start of the last non-DLC region right now, gradually working my way toward the finale.

Nice job getting past
Umi-Bozu
, that was one of the missions that really gave me a hard time before the difficulty curve evened out. That instadeath beam and last phase were brutal.

And I think
raven tengu
are one of the few enemies that still shit me up when I see them. My two full trees of samurai skills and complement of ninja/onmyo magic don't mean much unless I can get in and keep that damage up.

GeekyDad

Started Resident Evil 5. So far it is meh. But, I only did chapter 1 so far.

It gets more meh the further in you go, in my opinion. The mechanics are still fun, and the presentation is really quite nice -- a very interesting change of pace for the series. But the game starts to corral you in such a transparent way, it kind of becomes borderline insulting at some points. Plus, the inventory system is pretty much a hassle. A fun game if you just wanna shoot stuff for a few minutes.

Montblanc

Persona 3.

No idea whether it's a good entry point since it's my first Persona game, but I'm having a blast. I never expected it to be so fun. I love absolutely everything about it.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Persona 3.

No idea whether it's a good entry point since it's my first Persona game, but I'm having a blast. I never expected it to be so fun. I love absolutely everything about it.
They like FF and Tales series that each game has its own story and characters but with that being said you chose the perfect game to start with because Persona 3 is fantastic game but it's harder go back to that once you played P4 and P5.

Montblanc

They like FF and Tales series that each game has its own story and characters but with that being said you chose the perfect game to start with because Persona 3 is fantastic game but it's harder go back to that once you played P4 and P5.
That's good to know, thanks! I'm playing the P3 Portable version btw. I love it so much and there's apparently a NG+ mode too and the option to play as a girl.

And yes, I'll be checking out other titles for sure. As it is, this game made me a fan.

ref

Batman: Arkham Origins

Trying to finally finish this series - finished Asylum and City over the past couple months.

Seems like it's the weakest of the 2 so far, although I'm not far into it yet.

Top Bottom