• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

badboyyy

Playing Ni Ni Kuni II and I have very good time, I'm adicted to Kingdom building game, some fine sidequests, 4k is a blast for your eyes. But you need to put maybe 10 hours when things goes interesting.

Unravel 2 - haven't gotten far, but, like the first game, i really enjoy the game environment and the mechanics.
Never Alone - this game is making it hard for me to enjoy, because it seems that every few seconds text is popping up telling me about a new video I can watch. Hard to get absorbed into the game with the spam info on the screen.

Vawn

Banned
5722100_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

Paasei

Been re-re-re-replaying Fallout 4 with even more mods. Also started to actually read notes, terminals and listen to holotapes. Found out that the lore, and also it's main story once going into full detail, is far better than people think it is.

Seraphym

Putting some time in on Assassins Creed Origins, looks stunning and love it so far. As much fun just exploring the horizon.

Destiny 2, picked up the DLC on offer and working my way through Warmind. Only a couple of hours a week but light level creeping up.

Mr Hyde

Started off with a new char in Bloodborne. Building for a str-arc since I kinda messed up my last one. I'm thinking of mixing it up with Bloodtinge, since Evelyn is the coolest gun in the game, but also for the Bloodletter, which I haven't really properly tested. Currently running dungeons and I honestly can say that Chalices are seriously addictive. Co-op in here is so much fun, especially in depths 4 and 5. Too bad it's such a missed opportunity from From, they dropped the ball on this one. Imagine what it would look like if they supported it with new patches, including bosses, gear, environments, jewels etc. They could sell packages at the store. I would pay gladly for new material.

Fbh

Been busy so mostly just rocket league this week.

Played some ranked 3v3 for the first time and WTF, why is it so easy ?
I can hardly stay at gold 1 in 2v2 (which is what I usually play with a friend) but in 3v3 I'm platinum (and it's not like I'm getting lucky with extremely good teammates that carry me)

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Currently playing Octopath Traveler and so far I’m really liking it so far. The turn base battle is so good and like the individual story for each character.

CLBridges

Wish I knew someone with a Switch, I definitely wanna check out Octopath Traveler.

Currently playing my two main games Destiny 2 and FFXIV, as is tradition. Picked up Witcher 3 and FF10 from PSN sale. Only about an hour into Witcher though. Also, been off and on a bit with The Technomancer.

SonicSleuth

Currently on vacation in Europe and consistently playing Golf Story on Switch. It's the perfect train/plane game, and seems to drain the battery slower than 3D games. Really like it, would recommend!

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Waiting for my copy of Octopath to arrive is torture... I played the full 3 hours of the demo so at least I'll be ready to go once it arrives.

Mr Hyde

Trotting along in Bloodborne and I'm mostly doing Chalices right now. I'm preparing for Ludwig, since I want HMS, but he is the biggest cunt in the game and taking him down at a low level is impossible. He has too many one shot attacks, and just kicks and plunge and screams til I'm dead. Seriously, that screaming is getting on my nerves so damn much. It's like fork on a plate multiplied by 1000. I hate this boss. I'll take Orphan with my bare hands any day of the week before Ludwig.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Majora's Mask in 3DS... Still trying to figure out what's so "superior" about it... I'm hating feeling rushed all the time due to the 3 days limit and having to lose things when I reset to day 1 :(

DubReno

Just recently finished a full shrine playthrough of BOTW on cemu using mods. Currently downloading Crash Bandicoot Trilogy on steam and I'll be playing the crap out of that once it's done.

Neolombax

Downloaded Darksiders 2 The Deathinitive Edition. Completed the game on my old Xbox360, but ever since new footage of Darksiders 3 surfaced, I decided to refresh my memory with Darksiders 2. There's just something about Darksiders 2 that isn't grabbing my attention as much as the first Darksiders. I have a nagging feeling that its the open world nature of the game. Or maybe its the story. Gameplay remains as fantastic as I remember it to be.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Octopath Traveler - Switch
Rogue Galaxy - PS4
Fallout Shelter - PS4
3rd Birthday - PSVita

IpsoFacto

So after the rollercoaster ride that was Yakuza 6: The Song of Life, I went back to another game that I've been trying to speedrun. That game is Tales of Zestiria. I'm replaying it because when I switched my 500 GB PS4 HDD for a 2TB one, some files got damaged during the transfer, this game was one of 'em. So far I've managed to get through the really slow first five hours.

Mr Hyde

Earlier this week I said that Ludwig the Accursed is the biggest cunt in Bloodborne, but I take that back. It's Laurence who is the biggest fuck face in the Soulsborne franchise, in the history of video games, of the eternal space and endless universe. I hate him.

Mr Hyde

I finally bested Laurence and can now fully commit to my Mr Hyde cosplay. I've never done a Beast Claw build before, nor I have I done 99 arc. So thats what I'm going for. If I don't get bored with it. But right now it's pretty cool. I love faster weapons and have mainly played skill characters in the past so it's nice with a fast weapon on strength. The scaling is shit though but with Beasts Embrace it's... a beast. HMS, Boom Hammer and Bloodletter are backup if things get hairy, which they to do as I run alot of chalices. Not sure a out Bloodtinge though, mainly leveled it cus I think Eveleyn is the sexiest gun in the game. Fashionborne fo life.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I finally bested Laurence and can now fully commit to my Mr Hyde cosplay. I've never done a Beast Claw build before, nor I have I done 99 arc. So thats what I'm going for. If I don't get bored with it. But right now it's pretty cool. I love faster weapons and have mainly played skill characters in the past so it's nice with a fast weapon on strength. The scaling is shit though but with Beasts Embrace it's... a beast. HMS, Boom Hammer and Bloodletter are backup if things get hairy, which they to do as I run alot of chalices. Not sure a out Bloodtinge though, mainly leveled it cus I think Eveleyn is the sexiest gun in the game. Fashionborne fo life.
A Beast Claw build -- assuming you also have the DLC which it seems you do -- is a heck of a lot of fun. Kind of reminds me of a Blades of Mercy build but more aggressive. High risk/reward.

klosos

Watch Dogs 2 at the moment ,Ubisoft done a really fantastic job in creating San Francisco , some of the small details in the world is excellent . what lets the game down for me is the characters , not one of them has a likable personality and just irritate me. I've put around 12 hours into it and the game is starting to wear thin with me , the gameplay loop of go here do some stealth or use gadgets to hack some thing is getting a little bit long in the tooth.

i might give up on it and start something new at the weekend . Maybe Hollow knight no one seems to have a bad word to say against that game.

Ar¢tos

Nioh complete edition (it was on sale a week or 2 ago).
I'm genuinely surprised by the quality and amount of content in the game.
Being a souls hardcore fan and belonging to souls communities, I heard a lot of bad things about it. Now I see they were mostly Internet hyperbole.
Sure the game is hardly perfect, but it's not as bad as some souls fans describe it. 70h in and i just reached the 5th region of the main game, I've been taking my time exploring every corner, one more region and 3 DLCs to go (+ 2 or 3 new difficulties and the 999 levels of the abyss!).
I recommend it to all soulsborne fans that have been indecisive about it. It will take some 10h to get used to how it plays compared to Bloodborne (it's more complex).
The negatives I can see are level design, it's a bit like ds2, and depending on the path you take (regarding build/stats) it can become too easy later on.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
When I find the time at home, I play Kya Dark Lineage (PS2) and on commutes I currently play Ittle Dew 2+. The new extra dungeons are nasty in a very good way :).

Stardew Valley for the Switch; it has a way of sucking your time away from you. But, really, I'm just waiting on the new Enter The Gungeon update that comes out today. Once that hits, that'll be the methadone to my Stardew heroin addiction.

Mr Hyde

A Beast Claw build -- assuming you also have the DLC which it seems you do -- is a heck of a lot of fun.

They are a lot of fun. It almost feels like a new game. The moveset feels so different to what I'm used to. And it's a lot harder to, going close combat with the bosses like that. Love it. And they look insanely cool too. I've always dissed the claws but man I have been wrong. Gonna be a blast rocking this bad boy in NG+.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
They are a lot of fun. It almost feels like a new game. The moveset feels so different to what I'm used to. And it's a lot harder to, going close combat with the bosses like that. Love it. And they look insanely cool too. I've always dissed the claws but man I have been wrong. Gonna be a blast rocking this bad boy in NG+.
You're wearing the Beast's Embrace rune, right? I mean, the claws can be equipped as a normal weapon but I love doing the full ensemble since it gives the weapon better moves.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Yeah, of course. Wouldn't wanna do a Beast build without it. It's pretty much mandatory.
Just making sure. :sneaky:

You mentioned Lawrence as well as other DLC stuff so I assumed you had it, but since it's such a cool thing I didn't want you to miss on the....transformation.

Bear in mind there's another Rune/Weapon combo that significantly changes your appearance. Not as fun as Beast Claws but interesting and novel in its own right.

Mr Hyde

Bear in mind there's another Rune/Weapon combo that significantly changes your appearance. Not as fun as Beast Claws but interesting and novel in its own right.

Yeah, I know. I've tried it but I didn't find it particularly fun. Maybe if I did a 99 arc, but I doubt it. The looks and move of the parasite is just too strange for me, even by the standards of Bloodborne. Lore wise it is pretty great though. Fits really nice with the cosmic themes. The Old Hunters sure did deliver on the goodness in terms of quality content. It's packed with great stuff. The base game feels naked without it.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Yeah, I know. I've tried it but I didn't find it particularly fun. Maybe if I did a 99 arc, but I doubt it. The looks and move of the parasite is just too strange for me, even by the standards of Bloodborne. Lore wise it is pretty great though. Fits really nice with the cosmic themes. The Old Hunters sure did deliver on the goodness in terms of quality content. It's packed with great stuff. The base game feels naked without it.
Only thing they should've added in Old Hunters was a wider variety of Chalice "parts" and enemy types and bosses. I know a lot of the BB community pooped on Chalice dungeons but it was honestly one of my favorite aspects of the game. Old Hunters could have touched up and improved upon some (admittedly) clunky aspects in addition to adding more variety. I imagine that the overall negativity surrounding the Chalices made them focus their attention elsewhere.

Oh well.

Mr Hyde

Only thing they should've added in Old Hunters was a wider variety of Chalice "parts" and enemy types and bosses. I know a lot of the BB community pooped on Chalice dungeons but it was honestly one of my favorite aspects of the game.

I agree. The Chalice Dungeons are really fun, but From dropped the ball here. It could have been so much better in terms of content. It could also function as a sort of GAAS-thing, which every publisher and their mom is chasing, with From and Sony constantly supporting it with new content. It has so much potential and now it's just left in the dust. Still digging those Chalices though, makes the game feel endless.

DanEON

I just cant stop playing The Witcher 3. Finished Hearts of Stone and just started Blood and Wine. I can't wait to start the NG+. 140h already.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I agree. The Chalice Dungeons are really fun, but From dropped the ball here. It could have been so much better in terms of content. It could also function as a sort of GAAS-thing, which every publisher and their mom is chasing, with From and Sony constantly supporting it with new content. It has so much potential and now it's just left in the dust. Still digging those Chalices though, makes the game feel endless.
They do have enough variety to stay interesting. At a certain point you stop fixating on the architecture and you begin hunting out different trap/enemy combos, different special bosses and mini-bosses, finding bizarre gems or even Uncanny/Lost versions of weapons. It's really entertaining. Plus, if you're fond of co-op I find a Chalice dive to be superior to mucking about co-op in the main storyline. I'm more of a solo guy for story and co-op for Chalices.

Top Bottom