• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Ge Os

NieR:Automata and Shadow of the Colossus.
I'm planning on starting Uncharted: Lost Legacy soon and also Darksiders II. I've just finnished INSIDE... and felt a bit confused.

These past 2 weeks, nothing but PSVR, played through the demo disc 2.0, tried Skyrim, played through PSVR Worlds, started The Inpatient, loving RIGS, Job Simulator and the VR X-Wing mission from Star Wars Battlefront. I still have Superhot VR and Moss on the way as I ordered physical copies. I've been saving Paranormal Activity and RE7 for the weekend to start trying out. It helped I had a bunch of games with VR stuff in them but admittedly I went on abit of a terror once I got my Skyrim PSVR bundle.

In the future I see myself grabbing Battlezone and Farpoint, pretty stoked for Overkill's Walking Dead and that was even before I got VR.

GenericUser

Just finished Rise of the Tomb Raider, after picking it up in a recent sale. I was thirsty for a good SP AAA game. First half of the game was enjoyable, the latter half not so much as the same gameplay mechanics repeat themselves endlessly. I had to force myself through the last 3 hours of the game. The actual tombs were the highlight of the game, as they provided me with some nice and challenging puzzles and rewarded me with useful skills. Would give it a 2/5. Deleted it right after finishing the game.

Last edited:

brett_me

Neo Member
These past 2 weeks, nothing but PSVR, played through the demo disc 2.0, tried Skyrim, played through PSVR Worlds, started The Inpatient, loving RIGS, Job Simulator and the VR X-Wing mission from Star Wars Battlefront. I still have Superhot VR and Moss on the way as I ordered physical copies. I've been saving Paranormal Activity and RE7 for the weekend to start trying out. It helped I had a bunch of games with VR stuff in them but admittedly I went on abit of a terror once I got my Skyrim PSVR bundle.

In the future I see myself grabbing Battlezone and Farpoint, pretty stoked for Overkill's Walking Dead and that was even before I got VR.
I've honestly had more fun with Skyrim VR than I've ever had with Skyrim in the past 7 years.

Also, If definitely recommend Farpoint, one of the better VR shooters I've played so far.
Dude, RE7 is AMAZING on VR. I love the game and the VR mode is just perfect for the atmosphere.
Put on some nice headphones and you really lose yourself in the game.
^This

I played through RE7 so many times for trophies when it first came out that I completely lost the ability to be scared by it; but playing in VR has given me that panicky/terrified feeling I got when I first played it again.

Mr Branding

Still taking my time with Nioh.
Maaaan, some boss fights were rage inducing but as they say, practice makes perfect.
One more chapter to go, but so far
umi bozu, yuki onna and okatsu
wrecked me.
The samurai bosses were cake tho, especially honda tadakatsu with his crystal gimmick which was phoned in. Even managed to see one of the crystals before entering his arena which made the fight even more hilarious
Also, genuine curiosity, but why is the character lvl so unimportant in this? I mean, I wrecked some of the final bosses with 30 lvl's under what's "expected" of me.
I didn't even invest time into crafting/buying/selling/soulmatching/etc. since the loot is much better.

Ge Os

I played through RE7 so many times for trophies when it first came out that I completely lost the ability to be scared by it; but playing in VR has given me that panicky/terrified feeling I got when I first played it again.

Like, seriously, my first gameplay without VR was scary (something I appreciate from a Resident Evil game), but putting on the VR cranks it up by 3.

Off topic, Jack's model looks so real when he gets close to you, I love it!

Dude, RE7 is AMAZING on VR. I love the game and the VR mode is just perfect for the atmosphere.
Put on some nice headphones and you really lose yourself in the game.

I'm pretty pumped, I've played it briefly for like 10 mins at a friends house maybe a year ago, just long enough to know its terrifying and to know one day I'd need to get a PSVR. The Inpatient has been scary enough but I've psyched myself up enough where my body is ready haha.

My fiance has always said I should dress up as Jack for Halloween, I'm a big fan.

I put Unravel 2 on hold. Right now I'm playing through Never Alone. Not sure how I feel about it. The action is slow and movement through obstacles/puzzles somewhat tedious. It's maybe getting a little more interesting now that I've progressed through some of the earlier stages though.

I've honestly had more fun with Skyrim VR than I've ever had with Skyrim in the past 7 years.

Also, If definitely recommend Farpoint, one of the better VR shooters I've played so far.
^This

Farpoint and Battlezone are the last 2 games on my list. Heres a question tho, do you need the gun peripheral with Farpoint, like I'm sure you dont need it but does it add to the experience that much that I should pick it up?

had the day off and hadn't played NMS since last fall and NEXT got me all excited...

played 12 hours yesterday >.< game is like minecraft or a 4x strategy, in that. ... sometimes hard to get into, but once you get into it, as in, immersed... damn does time fly by.

Billy_Bob92

Neo Member
Just finished nioh and am mopping up the last of the sidequests. Been itching to play yakuza 0 for a while now so might give that a spin. Then some crusader kings II. Ahh, I love Fridays

Started playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC. I've tried playing a long time ago, but my PC at the time simply couldn't run it well enough, plus it was a buggy mess. Made the combat nearly impossible.

I can finally see why people love this game so much. It's as good as advertised and then some. Is it necessary to finish the vanilla game before trying out the stand alone mods?

_Justinian_

Gold Member
Persona 3 FES (PS3) and Persona 4 Golden (PS Vita). Want to get these two out of the way before tackling a bunch of Persona games (Arena Ultimax, P3-P5 Dancing games and Persona 5).

Ulysses 31

Started playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC. I've tried playing a long time ago, but my PC at the time simply couldn't run it well enough, plus it was a buggy mess. Made the combat nearly impossible.

I can finally see why people love this game so much. It's as good as advertised and then some. Is it necessary to finish the vanilla game before trying out the stand alone mods?
I wouldn't start messing with mods in a playthrough in progress, The Lost Alpha Mod is said to be more true to the devs original vision of the game.

pots555

Just got back to gaming after a 6 months break. I’m pretty far in Detroit becomes human. Fantastic game. The atmosphere is amazing. Also playing Dark Souls on PS4. Revisiting this game is such a pleasure.

Kadayi

Banned
Been wrapping up a few games off my Steam backlog of late (and increasing my average game completion % which was a woeful 36%): -

All You Can Eat - A short interactive comic about a guy looking to save his favourite Pizza Resturant from being demolished - TTB 84 minutes for all achievements

Metropolis: Lux Obscura - Sin City meets Rashamon via a Match 3 game. You basically play a recently released Con returning to his old neighbourhood getting embroiled in dubious shit, told through four alternative branching stories that fill in events. TTB 4 hours
for all achievements

Milkmaid of the Milkyway - A fairly simplistic point and clicker involving dairy farming and alien abduction. TTB 1.9 hours for all achievements

I also wrapped up the last two episodes of The Walking Dead: A New Frontier. Better than season 2 for sure but albeit I didn't mind Javier, it needed the news of Season 4's upcoming release to compel me to play through it, and I've had it since launch...

Currently in the midst of Telltales Guardians of the Galaxy episode 3 which I'm actually quite enjoying. The gameplay and animations feel a lot smoother in it versus TWD.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker.

It’s a fun, laid back game. Having a good time going through and 100%ing the levels before moving on. Up to 2-10 currently. Looks nice other than some stated (like the dragon ones) being very blurry docked.

Fbh

Borrowed shadow of war from a friend.

A few hours in and so far it's pretty much more of the same. At least the locations are a bit more varied

stranno

Finished Arkedo's Nervous Brikdown. In my opinion the best Arkanoid (well, Breakthrough) clone ever developed. Really challenging in Retro and Ghost levels, holy shit.

IuP4ymB.gif

I finished the first story in Never Alone, but I never really got into it. I'm a completion-ist when it comes to games, but I don't think i have it in me to finish the second story in the game, "Fox Tales." It's just soooo slow. Not really in the mood to start up Unravel 2 again, so i'll look into something else.

-MD-

Dark Cloud 2 - 25 hours in
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath - 2 hours in

2 games from my early teen years I always wanted to play but missed out on, they're both great.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
IMG_4419.jpg

I just got Nier Automata today. I started it tonight and finished the tutorial. I've finished the first game, but I waited to get this. It's a lot of fun with great music and very unique gameplay. I really like it. I'm also playing Octopath Traveler and Bloodborne (again).
oVXVgMb.gif

:D

PayoLoko

Observer_ and all the free twitch games. but this one is the best for sure. The red strings club was a little dissappointing. i also play rocket league/OW/Diablo 3 online. And i
sometimes in the middle: The Long Dark and Resident Evil VII (Dlcs)

klosos

Observer_ and all the free twitch games. but this one is the best for sure. The red strings club was a little dissappointing. i also play rocket league/OW/Diablo 3 online. And i
sometimes in the middle: The Long Dark and Resident Evil VII (Dlcs)

Observer , that's the Cyperpunkish game with Rutger Hauer , I've been looking to pick it up just haven't got round to it. its £22.99 on steam now is it worth that price or wait for a sale?

PayoLoko

Observer , that's the Cyperpunkish game with Rutger Hauer , I've been looking to pick it up just haven't got round to it. its £22.99 on steam now is it worth that price or wait for a sale?

im that kind of guy that can wait 2 years for a game to become cheaper, so... not for me. But the game is impressive so far. Horror Cyberpunk story, gory and quite... disturbing. It does a lot of things VERY good but well... no replayability...etc. Ill just wait for sale.

But yeah, Rutger is a god and the game is wonderful

Last edited:

Södy

Been playing a lot of Zoo Tycoon and JW Evolution on my XBOX One. PUBG still with friends and got a Switch on which I play Mario Odyssey on my way to work.

klosos

im that kind of guy that can wait 2 years for a game to become cheaper, so... not for me. But the game is impressive so far. Horror Cyberpunk story, gory and quite... disturbing. It does a lot of things VERY good but well... no replayability...etc. Ill just wait for sale.

But yeah, Rutger is a god and the game is wonderful
great , that's good to know , when i get some downtime i will get this , maybe over a quiet weekend.

Gloggins

Resident Evil 4 for maybe the sixth or seventh time. Goddamn glorious game.

Yakuza 6. Pretty excellent, liking the much needed changes.

Assassins Creed Origins: CotP. Too early to form an opinion. Base game was great though.

Zero Time Dilemma. Too early to form an opinion. People seem to like this a lot less than the first two(?).

Jeff D

Neo Member
No Mans Sky on X at the moment and having spent a few hours with it I'm liking the 3rd person view but yet to get to grips with the changes to how the scanner works for finding new materials.

That feeling may change if I get to a less harsh environment.
When I 1st started on X I quickly died after a drone attacked me just after I got control of my Player.

Banned
I have a new game of Witcher 2 started last weekend on the XBox and No Man's Sky Next waiting on the PS4.

No Man's Sky Next ... and as long as my heart beats an my Vita won't fail me, another round of Binding of Isaac. And another... and another... and...

Ascend

Mass Effect Andromeda. Too bad it was so poorly received. It's not an extraordinarily awesome game, but it's definitely good.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Finished up Captain Toad yesterday. I enjoyed it a lot and posted an LTTP thread about it here.

On to No Man's Sky with the NEXT update. Really liking that so far. I played a launch, but haven't touched any of the updates so I have a lot to delve into and I'm liking playing in third person much more.

Also still playing Slay the Spire on Steam here and there.

Mass Effect Andromeda. Too bad it was so poorly received. It's not an extraordinarily awesome game, but it's definitely good.

Yep. Shitty open world planets and fetch quests (mostly skippable) aside, I still enjoyed it as it scratched that space opera itch that only Mass Effect does. Main story was decent enough and the character loyalty quests were great as always IMO. Combat was very solid as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
PC- I got a little bit further in Zero Time Dilemma. I'm enjoying the game immensely. Some of the puzzles at the end of each escape room can get annoying though.

Switch- I just started Octopath Traveler three days ago, and I just got to my eight character. I choose H’aanit as my main and planning on going through all the other seven characters routes using H'aanit, that way I don't have to repeat choosing a different character. I LOVE the battle system and I enjoy figuring out what the enemy weakness are. Same with the bosses. So far, I LOVE each and every characters story and personality. Voice acting wise, haven't really found anything that sounded bad. The music is phenomenal, takes me back to Playstation 1 jrpgs. The graphics are beautiful, and also takes me back to when I was a teenager playing a jrpg on my Playstation 1.

After I beat this game going to either go back to playing Disgaea 5 Complete (Which I love) or if the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Story DLC is out, I'll be playing that.

Playstation 4- I got twenty hours into Ys VIII and I'm really enjoying it. I love to explore and fill out all the maps, find all the treasures, and fight all the enemies. The combat is fast and extremely fluid. I think the environments and enemies are bland looking but the characters look great. The story is fun, and really interesting. The dialogue and character interactions are very well done. Musically, digging the soundtrack.

My next game after I beat Ys VIII is going to be Nights of Azure. I took a break from this game. I really like the story and characters, but the combat system is decent and the game has been really easy so far. Graphically speaking, everything looks great.

Playstation 3- Got a little bit further into Resonance of Fate. I'm almost done with the Prologue and doing one last sidequest before I go and forward the story.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Horizon Zero Dawn.... my wife and I had a daughter 9 months ago, she’s only just started sleeping properly through the night. Started playing it properly again the other day and was like this......

giphy.gif

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I just finished GTA IV on PC and am going to start the Lost and Damned DLC today. I figure I should just smash out the DLC now while the crappy control system is still fresh on my mind instead of coming back to it later and having to get my head around it again.

Overall GTA IV: Fun driving controls, boring story, many, many frustrating design choices. 6/10.

Metropolis: Lux Obscura - Sin City meets Rashamon via a Match 3 game. You basically play a recently released Con returning to his old neighbourhood getting embroiled in dubious shit, told through four alternative branching stories that fill in events. TTB 4 hours
for all achievements
I thought about buying this, but I think the length (or lack of) put me off. Would you recommend it?

Top Bottom