• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Kadayi

Banned
I thought about buying this, but I think the length (or lack of) put me off. Would you recommend it?

I'd say wishlist it, then wait for a 20-40% off sale and snap it up then. You're going to get roughly 4 hours entertainment out of it for all achievements unlocking all the storylines. I'd definitely like to see further titles like it, but I think that the developers would need to look at making a more robust product if that were the case (more characters, locations and twists and turns). It's entertaining enough, but it feels a bit like a proof of concept, in the same way that Shadowrun Returns does in comparison to Shadowrun Dragonfall. Hope that helps.

IpsoFacto

So I finished Tales of Zestiria once again. Probably the quickest RPG I've done in a speedrun, which was great. The game grew on me a little more in this second playthrough, but I still found it to be a big step down from ToV. Not like Star Ocean 4 to 5, mind you.

Anyway, I finally got back to World of Final Fantasy and 3 hrs in, despite the game's best attempts at humor (which I admit, it's really clever and witty), I am already starting to get bored out of mind. Because the game feels too damn easy.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Basically done with Jurassic World Evolution, it just gets repetitive. I started Quantum Break which seems OK. I might go back to finish MGS5.

I beat Hellblade earlier today, and I decided to buy Nier: Automata on Xbox 1 X for the 4k/HDR. I don't buy too many jrpgs lately but it had 5 stars on Xbox live and heard good things about it here. Definitely like the gameplay, it's solid. And the game/story is growing on me as I play.

Edit: Just wanted to say Hellblade is one of the best story driven games I've played in years. Absolutely fantastic game.

Last edited:

kunonabi

Still in the middle of world of final fantasy. I'm be at about 80 hours by the time I get the true ending. I have no idea how long the extra dungeons are going to take. I'll probably start remothered when I finish it.

-MD-

I'm at the end of Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath.

This game is seriously great and I rarely ever heard anyone talk about it over the years.

quickwhips

Pubg and Batman return to Arkham on Xbox one. Just beat Mickey castle of illusion on Xbox one tonight. Thought that Mickey was a great game.

Ferdimage

Apologies for above, replying on mobile.

Currently and playing for the first time , Nier: Automata only started yesterday and found out what self-destruct does today. Wow really gonna enjoy this game.

KevinKeene

Banned
In the last act of Gears of War 1 Ultimate. Afaik Gears 2 and 3 will be remastered, so I'll wait for those versions then. Still at Blue Dragon, I cured Manomaro's village, now in the mountain area. Still fun, although the bird's eye cam on the overworld makes finding the right way harder than it needed to be.

Will probably start Rise of the Tomb Raider soon, as it's not a 1st party title and might vanish from game pass eventually.

Mr Branding

Just got started on Batman AK a day ago and so far it’s more of the same but that’s a good thing since I was kind of “missing” it’s combat system. The batmobile is ok and while I do expect for it to be overused later, so far I love the gameplay loop. Presentation is ace.

Also just started Driveclub with the S.pass and I love it. I love all the options for racing and the car selection is great. It’s just missing Ford and Porsche to be complete imo. The weather effects are amazeballs.

Also started Hitman Go, Child of light and Rayman Origins on the Vita and they are cool. Hitman is a neat little strategy game and the art style is spot on, Rayman is great and Child of light so far is eh. The art style is nice but the gameplay reminds me of some Newgrounds.com free rpg.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Octopath Traveler--10-11 hours in, have 5 party member and will start on a 6ths first chapter the next time I play (saved next to them as it was late).

Dead Cells--bought on GoG as I had wallet funds from the No Man's Sky refund they offered due to it missing multiplayer on GoG. Going to take a break and try that out in a few (working at home).

NickFire

Still sticking with Fortnite, but this month's PS+ games may grab my attention for a while. With Fortnite I'm basically playing StW only right now. The grind is addicting thanks to constant leveling up the stats.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
About 50 hours into Octopath. I still have a handful of CH.2 stories to complete. I am enjoying my time with the game throughly and I'd place it up there on my shelf with other JRPG greats like Chrono Trigger and Xenogears.

Still chipping away at Daioujou, too.

Mr Hyde

Playing Breath of the Wild. It's fun and all, but there are too many irritating design choices that keep me from fully enjoying it. The weapon breakage, the rain which hinders climbing, the repetitive shrines, empty world, making boring food. 97 on Metacritic just goes to show how the games media is out of their fucking minds when it comes to sucking Nintendos dick.

Last edited:

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
I'm just playing the quick hop in games currently. All on PC. Playing PUBG, CS:GO. Pre-Ordered COD:BO4, HITMAN 2 and RDR2, looking forward to those.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I'm at the end of Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath.

This game is seriously great and I rarely ever heard anyone talk about it over the years.

That seems to be how its been since that games been out. I remember seeing it and owning it on Xbox. Now adays you can get the HD port and the mobile version. It feels like it was always unnoticed. Republic Commando might have gotten noticed more. lol

I replayed Devil May Cry 1 on PS4. Its such a great game, but its short (a little over 4 hours). I had not replayed it since its release. I purchased Sagat DLC for SFV. I am going to go back to Nier Automata and then I started DMC3SE again. I preordered Death's Gambit while I wait for Spider-Man.

Mr Hyde

Took down my first Divine Beast today. Vah Ruta. It was underwhelming to say the least but Zoras Domain was beautiful. Most atmospheric Zora to date. I wonder where all the cool dungeons are? I haven´t played Zelda since Twilight Princess but it is obvious that a lot has changed since then. I get that the formula had to be shaken up, but removing the classic dungeons doesn´t seem like a step in the right direction. I like how open ended it is though, it really encourages exploration and branching off often rewards with some nice things, even it breaks in two hits. It´s so annoying when you find a really cool looking weapon, shield or bow and then it shatters after a couple of hits. I really don´t understand this, since when has weapon degradation been fun? Is it supposed to be more realistic? For if that´s the case then why the hell am I off on an adventure to slay a giant pig, rescue a fallen kingdom, reclaim divine beasts, look for a holy triforce and other fantastical elements in this game? Realism in games suck ass, especially in cartoon-looking fantasy games.

Humdinger

Rise of the Tomb Raider. It's enjoyable as an action game, but I've got no interest in the story or characters. They really need to raise their writing game, it's so corny. Every time Lara is about to die, someone miraculously comes to the rescue at the last second. Come on. All the levels are set up so that a monkey could make its way through them. The shoot/bang/boom action is fun, but that's about it.

kunonabi

With my PS4 in the shop I'm bouncing between Collar X Malice, Genei Ibun Roku #fe, Super Mario Galaxy, and replaying the Castlevania series.

ILLtown

Overwatch - One of my favourite multiplayer games of this gen.

Dead Cells - I've put a few hours into it and I'm having a lot of fun with it so far. The controls and combat feel great. Dying and having to start over hasn't annoyed met yet (you do get to carry some stuff over). I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who likes these sorts of games, although I've heard the Switch version has frame rate issues.

Overcooked 2 - I didn't play the first one, but I thought I'd pick this one up as it has online multiplayer now. I'm gonna see if I can get a friend or two to buy it and play it with me. It seems like it would be great fun in co-op. I played a bit of it in single player and it was fun, but I definitely know it's gonna be better with another person, rather than me controlling both chefs.

OnRush - I played the 1 hour trial a couple of weeks ago, but it's currently on sale on Xbox Live so I thought I'd pick up the deluxe edition, which was only about £1 more expensive than the regular one. I can see why some people might not like the game because it's not traditional "first past the post" racing, but I'm having a lot of fun with it. It did crash on me last night though - it just froze up mid-race, then a few seconds later the game disappeared and I was back at the Xbox home screen. I've found others with the same issue on both Xbox and PS4. There's a free play weekend for this game on Xbox Live this weekend (not sure about other platforms), so I'd recommend giving it a try.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Overwatch - One of my favourite multiplayer games of this gen.

Dead Cells - I've put a few hours into it and I'm having a lot of fun with it so far. The controls and combat feel great. Dying and having to start over hasn't annoyed met yet (you do get to carry some stuff over). I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who likes these sorts of games, although I've heard the Switch version has frame rate issues.

Overcooked 2 - I didn't play the first one, but I thought I'd pick this one up as it has online multiplayer now. I'm gonna see if I can get a friend or two to buy it and play it with me. It seems like it would be great fun in co-op. I played a bit of it in single player and it was fun, but I definitely know it's gonna be better with another person, rather than me controlling both chefs.

OnRush - I played the 1 hour trial a couple of weeks ago, but it's currently on sale on Xbox Live so I thought I'd pick up the deluxe edition, which was only about £1 more expensive than the regular one. I can see why some people might not like the game because it's not traditional "first past the post" racing, but I'm having a lot of fun with it. It did crash on me last night though - it just froze up mid-race, then a few seconds later the game disappeared and I was back at the Xbox home screen. I've found others with the same issue on both Xbox and PS4. There's a free play weekend for this game on Xbox Live this weekend (not sure about other platforms), so I'd recommend giving it a try.
Overcooked is -- in my opinion -- a 2-player minimum game. But ooohhh boy is it a fun one. Hope you can find someone to enjoy the game with!

ILLtown

Overcooked is -- in my opinion -- a 2-player minimum game. But ooohhh boy is it a fun one. Hope you can find someone to enjoy the game with!
Thanks man! I'm sure I will. I have about 430 Live friends, but I haven't seen anyone playing it yet. I'm gonna speak to a couple of regular gaming buddies this weekend to see if I can convince them to grab it.

lehrdotme

Neo Member
DOOM 2016, Xbox One.
I really need to install my graphics card for my PC version
I HIGHLY recommend this game. the art is superb and both the campaign and snapmap provide endless fun

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Thanks man! I'm sure I will. I have about 430 Live friends, but I haven't seen anyone playing it yet. I'm gonna speak to a couple of regular gaming buddies this weekend to see if I can convince them to grab it.
It's a very fun game to play local co-op. Bring a significant other over or a friend to play and they'll "get" it pretty quickly.

Fbh

Still Shadow of War.
It's still pretty fun but the nemesis system is getting on my nerves. I really dislike that I have to be above the lv of an orc captain to dominate him. Like, I get that an Orc wouldn't want to serve under someone weaker than him but shouldn't kicking his ass be enough proof that I'm stronger? Instead of an arbitrary lv system ?.
So I have to shame him to lower his level, then fight him again to dominate him and then have him fight to get back to the level he was originally, all of which just feels unnecessary and like it's there just to make the game longer

Last edited:

Woffls

Danganronpa V3, which I mostly play because it helps me sleep.

When will this series stop making me play sucky mini games?? About half way through the game and I'm not really feeling the overarching story. Definitely curious about one character in particular, though.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
FH2 on the X, just bought Storm Mountain.
Hallblade on the Pro.

Helios

Finishing Mass Effect 3 and the trilogy as a whole for the first time. I've got some good things to say about 1 and 2, not so much about the third one. I'm especially worried since the backlash for ME3's ending is infamous.
Started La Mulana again. Having a lot of fun and got some good progress this time but I still needed hints on some of the puzzles.
And TF2, but that's my go-to multiplayer game. I just hope there's an update incoming.

Kadayi

Banned
About 55 hours into NMS Next. For the most part, enjoying the additions but it still feels like it needs a lot more work done to it.

I'm still on my VR kick, SuperHot VR arrived in the mail from the U.K and I just finished the Valkyria Chronicles 4 demo at just over 4 hrs, I can't wait for the full game!

Im hurting for some gaming... just moved the family across the country so i havent played all summer.

I typically stay behind on game releases but theres just so much i want to play...

Help! I need a switch and ps4 game. But i dont want to cluster so many rpgs together!

Pillars of eternity, Re7, hzd, hollow knight, god of war, dead cells, octopath traveler, divinity os 2, dragon quest 11, smash, rdr2, twewy, ff12, shadow of TR, and im sure many others

Last edited:
Because of some nice pics in the PC-Screenshot-Thread, I reinstalled and halway completed the S.T.E.P.-modlist for Fallout New Vegas. Maybe I will play it this time too.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm still playing Octopath Traveler, I done all the Ch. 2 for each character and moving on to Ch. 3. I'm also playing Valkyria Chronicles 4 demo and really loving it.

J-Roderton

Conker Live and Reloaded. Love the original and I’m finally getting around to playing this one. Going to stream a ton of it tomorrow night on Mixer.

-MD-

Reinstalled Team Fortress 2 and picked up Dead Cells.

Still wrapping up Dark Cloud 2 and Dragon's Crown.

Cato

Banned
Destroy All Humans!
on my recently acquired Japaneese PS2.

I know I know, why get a Japaneese PS2 to play a normal western game?
I just have to replay this before I move on to the JRPGs that were never published outside Japan.

(Anyone know a good place to buy PS2 originals at a good price?)

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Just finished Prototype 1 and 2 this week as they had been sitting in my backlog forever, and I don’t get the hate of Prototype 2. I thought it was a better game in every single way over the 1st.

Just started We Happy Few, and it’s messed up already, less then an hour in and I’m not sure what I think.

Top Bottom