• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I've been ridiculously addicted to Fortnite on the Switch with the Pro Controller...already putting in nearly 300 hours. I believe it and the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection will keep me busy until Smash Bros Ultimate releases on December 7th.

Mr Branding

Finished Arkham Knight yesterday. UGH best explains my feelings towards it. It looked great, amazing presentation but damn Rocksteady has been hit by the Ubisoft disease with this game; collectibles everywhere. Those repetitive batmobile and cobra sections were super tedious after the n'th time, and the story was pure nonsense. It's a shame since I loved their previous games.

Otherwise, having a blast with Driveclub, Rayman Origins and Child of Light.

MAtgS

FF7 PS4, going for the plat. This has the weird effect of going from never using Aerith in the party for the Barrett date trophy to suddenly over using her to get the Great Gospel trophy. Why are missable trophies in JRPGs even allowed?

Paasei

World of Warcraft
Rainbow Six: Siege
Fallout 4/3/New Vegas
Town of Salem (wish we could get a 15-man group going from Ngaf people). Hilarious game if you don't play it too much with randoms.

Hammer-X23

Neo Member
I'm currently playing GTAV, which I do recommend but getting into it as late as I have is quite a challenge. The community is fairly toxic for the most part I find.

I'm also playing Madden, which I so far am really enjoying the engine and collision updates, but Longshot lost it's feels. That was a bummer since the first longshot ended up being really enjoyable.

All in all, I do recommend both.

Redshirt

Banned
Slay the Spire. I mentioned it here.

But I will add it here too because it actually broke my attention from NMS.

Think Magic: The Gathering as a Rogue-like.

brett_me

Neo Member
I just bought Killing Floor Incursion, and Fallout New Vegas, so those are taking up most of my time. But I also got PS+ so I'm slowly get back into Overwatch too.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Watch dogs, picked it up cheap and wanted to play the first before I play the second. It's not actually too bad at all, not the best looking game, but the mechanics are quite nice and gameplay flows pretty well. It seems to get a lot of hate online though, I suppose cause Ubisoft oversold it a lot.

IpsoFacto

I finished World of Final Fantasy yesterday.

The game starts off awfully slow but once you get through it, WoFF is a bizarre mix of both dull and exciting. The dungeon designs just suck, not a fan of that fixed camera and said designs can go from dull to overly complicated in a flash. But the character's charm and personality is what keeps me going and the addictive nature of collecting Final Fantasy monsters Pokémon-style. While the dungeons are bad, most are mercifully short enough to get through. Plotwise, the game presents itself as deceptively kid friendly with chibi versions of a handful of FF characters (mercifully Lightining actually has more personality in this game than in the entire FF 13 trilogy). I say deceptively that while most of it is very humurous, there are a few very dark moments that are jarring when you think about it.

It was certainly a fun experience. It had it's dull moments but you are into Final Fantasy but are looking for something a little different to play around with that universe, WoFF might just be the thing. It's jam packed with references, callbacks, quirky characters and it's very self aware.

ODESZA

It's been a few years since I did a play through. I wish one day that we will get a console Castlevania game of this quality.

Castlevania_SOTN_PAL.jpg

Ar¢tos

Got 100% of Nioh CE yesterday, now I have nothing to play :(
Can't decide if I'll get Dead Cells, or Death's Gambit (releasing tomorrow) or just wait a few more days for God of War NG+ patch.

TLZ

Banned
Was playing the Shadow of War demo and got hooked. I'm waiting for the complete version release though. Not sure what to play now. I might go for World of Final Fantasy, as stated above by another member.

klosos

Finished Star Wars Knight of the Old Republic 1 a few days ago with a evil Revan Play through , then started Star Wars KOTOR 2 as a goodie goodie jedi. they are still fantastic games even today. am just trying to beat a few games so am ready for RDR2 day one

Greedings

Currently playing Rome Total War 2 when I have the time. I'm dabbling in Yakuza, but my wife took it over from me. I'm also playing Dead Cells at any moment I get spare.

Skyr

Just finished replaying RDR1 yesterday and now playing the Undead Nightmare expansion.

Yes I can't wait for RDR2. Still 11 weeks to go :(

Last edited:
Since Quake Champions went F2P I'm starting it. It's very good but also very hard (the learning curve is steep as hell)

Also No Man's Sky, enjoying the update a lot.

Sadly, I don't have the time to play Persona 5, I left it after the 2nd Palace.

Last edited:

DonF

I can't fucking finish enter the gungeon on switch. The performance is awful, not recommended. Love the game, next time is on sale on ps4, ill get it there. I've finished the game a couple of times, but performance is so bad, I don't enjoy it as much as I could.

I can't fucking finish enter the gungeon on switch. The performance is awful, not recommended. Love the game, next time is on sale on ps4, ill get it there. I've finished the game a couple of times, but performance is so bad, I don't enjoy it as much as I could.

I've been having a blast with Gungeon on Switch. But, yeah, the performance issues can be a little overbearing. Some of the gun combo and synergy boosts make certain weapons unusable, such is the stutter they cause. But, I've soldiered on and beat most of what the game has to offer. I have it on Steam, where, of course, it glides like a skater on ice, but I just like the idea of Gungeon-On-The-Go too much. So, I endure. Great game. Almost done with it.

Next up is Hollow Knight; it looks beautiful, it's buttery smooth, but I haven't been quite pulled in yet. Only been an hour or so gameplay, but I'm still waiting for something to click, for it to become awesome. Looks great on the Switch and is super smooth, at least, so far.

Mr Hyde

Took down my second Divine Beast in Breath of the Wild yesterday. It was a fun encounter but I am missing the feel of a real dungeon. I admire the ambition of pushing things forward, and not getting stuck in the past, but Zeldas dungeons are too iconic to ditch. One thing that I haven´t been missing is the contrived puzzles that seems to be everywhere in the game. Seriously, it´s a puzzle section every inch of the map, or at least it feels that way, and I can´t remember Zelda being so heavy on the puzzles. Or maybe they were and I´ve just forgot about it. Haven´t played the series for a long time.

I also dislike the constant rain. It´s an amazing feature to let Link being able to climb everywhere, it does much for the immersiveness, but the raining keeps disrupting it and it throws me out of the experience due to the annoyance of it. The world is beautiful, and the lore and world building is excellent, it seems that Nintendo has fleshed it out real good this time, putting heavy emphasis on the story. Armor and weapons look really cool so it´s kinda of a bummer that the weapons break all the time. A normal upgrading system would have been much better. I also don´t like the gigantic size of the map. It´s nice to see a fully realised Hyrule, the vistas are quite breathtaking sometimes, but a lot of areas just seems like empty voids, wastelands with nothing more than mountains and grass. Nintendo could have condensed the map a little, it´s a lot of boring trekking that ultimately leads to nothing, which makes it feel tedious and a waste of time.

There are many things to like in Breath of the Wild, sometimes it´s just a magical tour de force of genius game design, the production values are great, with amazing graphics and sound, but there are also many things to dislike. Some decisions just leaves me with a deep sigh and scratching my head. But overall, it´s a positive experience and I am having fun most of the time, it´s just that it feels vastly overrated when compared to the massive hype and critical acclaim this game has received. And that makes me feel a bit disappointed.

DonF

Next up is Hollow Knight; it looks beautiful, it's buttery smooth, but I haven't been quite pulled in yet. Only been an hour or so gameplay, but I'm still waiting for something to click, for it to become awesome. Looks great on the Switch and is super smooth, at least, so far.

Is it? I was eyeing that game, tons of praise and for $15 looks tempting. I love the switch portability but I hate frame drops.

Is it? I was eyeing that game, tons of praise and for $15 looks tempting. I love the switch portability but I hate frame drops.

I've played the first few hours and it's solid. Hits and sticks to 60fps; that's in handheld mode. Though, as beautiful as it is, it's not quite grabbed me yet and it's filling me with dread that there's about 30-40 more hours of this. But, I'm willing to give it a few play sessions to grab hold of me. Otherwise, not quite feeling it at the moment.

Psykodad

Banned
Nothing, really.
Played GOW, play For Honor once in a while, a lil bit of NMS...

When Paragon got shut down, I lost my go-to game for this gen.
Seriously, f*** Epic.

kevcol

Neo Member
I've been playing Age of Decadance for a while, a true masterpiece, also play War Field from time to time. But my favorite game is Crusader Kings II. I can spend weeks in this game.

TwiztidElf

Ys VIII. Just chipping away at it. I have been mildly disappointed by it. It's more linear than I was expecting. I'm also finding it kind of boring and slow. Apart from Laxia, I don't like the characters at all.
Dead by Daylight. PS+ freebie. Totally blindsided by this. Not in my wheelhouse at all. Online games just aren't generally my thing. I'm really enjoying playing this as killer. I'm not very good though.
Lumines Remastered. Wow. I've always enjoyed Lumines, but this is sooooo good. Thoroughly enjoying this one.

Last edited:

Wishmeluck

Neophyte
The Walking Dead: Our World
Have been an amazing summer here in Sweden, so the game has been perfect to play when I take my morning walks.

Playing Shogun 2 Total War. I will probably get Rome 2 or Attilla next Steam Sale.

Also started Symphony of the Night yesterday. Never played it before.

Vtecomega

Banned
I decided to download Planetside 2 on ps4 today and surprisingly it was pretty fun. Taking part of huge scale battles is mighty impressive, although the interface and UI can suck big fat dicks.

TFGB

Barely played anything over the last few months as I’ve been enjoying the summer, but just got 100% of trophies on Hitman GOTY Edition and finished the bonus episodes. Very enjoyable.

EDMIX

Finished God Of War a few days ago (GOTG and top 5 of all time!)

Just started Yakuza 1 remake on PS4, also playing Fallout 4 Fall Harbor DLC.

IpsoFacto

Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book

I don't really have much of a desire to replay the game but I'm doing so because I lost the original save file while I was upgrading my PS4 hard drive to a 2TB disk. And I have to keep myself busy before Shenmue I & II HD comes out.

What drove me to play this was that as a JRPG, it seemed very unconventional. It's not a story about an epic world saving hero with tragedy, intrigue, romance and twists. It's very much a slice-of-life adventure with a ton and I mean a ton of fetch quests. And using alchemy to create almost anything: potions, weapons, armor, etc.

Crafting better weapons, armor and such actually become mandatory, because characters max out at Level 20 you have to get around that problem with stronger items. Because while you can't level up beyond level 20, enemies can.

Rodolink

As I like to play series in sequence, this time I´m with Dragon Age, already finished DA Origins (great game, little hard) and DA II (boring that all is set in Kirkwall :S) and now I just started DA Inquisition

Humdinger

Just finished up Rise of the Tomb Raider. I'd give it a 7 overall. The story was just way too hokey and poorly written to keep me engaged on that level. So many groan-inducing moments. This series could be so much better if they got some competent writers. Being interested in a game's story and characters is important to me (at least in a game like this), so the poor writing really got in my way of enjoying the game.

The shooting/action elements were good, though, so that's where I focused my attention. At first I felt bored by yet another game where I have to collect stuff and craft weapons and ammo, but once I got into the swing of it, it was fun. Lots of weapons and upgrade choices. The game kept the action up, and there were some good combat scenarios, especially later in the game.

It was pretty easy on normal difficulty. There wasn't much challenge up until the last 15% of the game or so. I could've raised the difficulty and given myself more of a challenge, but I play most games on normal difficulty.

The levels felt contrived, because it was always clear exactly what you needed to do next -- where to climb, how to get there, etc. The game kept giving you prompts about what to do, even up to the boss fights at the end.

I didn't find any of the lore or collectibles of much interest. Way too much junk littering the map, imo.

I might have enjoyed the game more if I had played through the challenge tombs along the way, rather than save them for after the game. I didn't see much point in doing them after the main story is over (unless you just enjoy solving the puzzles), because the rewards are meaningless.

So, overall, it was fun as an action game, but the story was so poorly written that I finished it yesterday, and I've already forgotten it. Either that or I've got dementia.

Akuza89

just 2 things, dragonball fighterZ on xbox one, only because I played the switch Beta and it made me want to play it again after finishing it, but this time online.

Paladins on the switch, the free version, I should really pay out the £24.99 for the founders pack I play it that much... its a fun game and it turns out i'm pretty good at it (if I do say so myself) which may be as I was addicted to overwatch since launch, still love playing it from time to time now.

Last edited:

ErrantVenture

Neo Member
Dark Souls 3 NG++ run on my original STR build. I have been also been playing some Mafia 3 cause it was free, its music choices for the radio stations are top.

Top Bottom