• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I finished Onimusha Warlords on PS2 I forgot how short it was on Normal mode. I wanted to do a replay before the Remaster comes out. I started Onimusha 2. I had forgotten about the gift giving mechanic. I am about 2 hours into it. They really went the extra mile by adding all the other support characters. I have been having a lot of fun with it. It's hard to compare the series if you ask me. I plan on getting to Onimusha 3 after RDR2.

I got Assassin's Creed Odyssey, played about 20 minutes, and then gave it to my wife to play. She loves AC. I wanted her to play it. I want to get her into gaming more often, especially with RDR2 coming out. Lol! She is having a great time. I have been watching her play it.

I've also been playing Doom on my phone and other mobile games.

I also started up Vampire: The Masquerade, but I'm just past the tutorial area.

kunonabi

Yakuza 0 is finished. Legend difficulty went pretty quick. This is probably the only Yakuza game I 100% as some of that completion list stuff is terrible. I got really lucky in Mahjong and I dont expect that to happen again.

Time to finish up the Silver Case

Vawn

Banned
42875480570_71bacfb4ae_h.jpg

Astro Bot. This game is amazing. I hope VR continues to get more games of this quality.

petran79

Banned
Russian Subway Dogs

From the makers of They Bleed Pixels but much cuter, funnier and more accessible
Like Pig Out Dine Like a Swine with dogs

Diddy X

Tales of Berseria on Steam

So far I'm enjoying it, combat is kinda complex, I still have to learn some mecanics, the more I play the better I get.
Graphics are pretty dissapointing, looks like a last gen game in 2017.
Story is good, motivated to keep playing.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

22 hours in Ys 8: Lacrimosa of Dana and I have to say that so far it is the best Ys I´ve yet had the pleasure to play. It´s one of those rare games where I don´t want it to end, because the story is so good, the characters are so charming and likeable and the combat is so spectacular. Especially the combat is a real treat, it´s fast and fluid, running in 60 fps with a wide array of attacks and counters to your disposal. It feels energetic and pumped up, constantly switching back and forth between characters who suit the situation at best, and all of it feels so... fulfilling. It puts the action in action-rpg to the fullest, making me never wanna put down the controller.

The setting with the Island of Seiren feels somewhat fresh as does the story. Sure, it´s packed with the usual JRPG-cliches but the castaway scenario makes it feel different, and the combining of two separate storylines makes it engaging and exciting. I wanna know what´s around the corner every step of the way, discovering landmarks, terrifying creatures and ancient temples. I haven´t been this invested in a JRPG in a long time and Ys brings forth my love for the genre in the best possible way.

It has nice graphics, some beautiful vistas and runs steady as a clock for most of the time (some framedrops have occurred unfortunately). My only gripe is the bad localisation, although not as bad as pre-patch, it still features alot of typos and strange grammatical errors. The VA is top notch though, and the characters are all a bunch of lovable cast of misfits. Besides Adol, my favorites are Laxia and Ricotta, especially Ricotta, a 9-year old who fights like a figure skater on steroids, with two gigantic acorns that she slams in the ground. I mean, only in Japan.

Ys is love. May this franchise live long and prosperous.

Last edited:

bigace33

22 hours in Ys 8: Lacrimosa of Dana and I have to say that so far it is the best Ys I´ve yet had the pleasure to play. It´s one of those rare games where I don´t want it to end, because the story is so good, the characters are so charming and likeable and the combat is so spectacular. Especially the combat is a real treat, it´s fast and fluid, running in 60 fps with a wide array of attacks and counters to your disposal. It feels energetic and pumped up, constantly switching back and forth between characters who suit the situation at best, and all of it feels so... fulfilling. It puts the action in action-rpg to the fullest, making me never wanna put down the controller.

The setting with the Island of Seiren feels somewhat fresh as does the story. Sure, it´s packed with the usual JRPG-cliches but the castaway scenario makes it feel different, and the combining of two separate storylines makes it engaging and exciting. I wanna know what´s around the corner every step of the way, discovering landmarks, terrifying creatures and ancient temples. I haven´t been this invested in a JRPG in a long time and Ys brings forth my love for the genre in the best possible way.

It has nice graphics, some beautiful vistas and runs steady as a clock for most of the time (some framedrops have occurred unfortunately). My only gripe is the bad localisation, although not as bad as pre-patch, it still features alot of typos and strange grammatical errors. The VA is top notch though, and the characters are all a bunch of lovable cast of misfits. Besides Adol, my favorites are Laxia and Ricotta, especially Ricotta, a 9-year old who fights like a figure skater on steroids, with two gigantic acorns that she slams in the ground. I mean, only in Japan.

Ys is love. May this franchise live long and prosperous.
Couldn't agree more.

Enzo88

Just beat Megaman 11, solid solid megaman game (top 5 original series?).
I particularly like the extra content too, i can see me playing this for a while after completion.

Too bad for the music, kinda unremarkable, especially for the standard of the series.

Pathfinder Kingmaker. 12 hours in. Nerdy PC RPGs are my thing, but I'm not feeling this one yet. I'll probably force myself to continue to justify my purchase because I bought the most expensive edition called "Imperial Edition", and the only gaming money I have left for this month is for Luigi's Mansion 3DS demake. RIP my October gaming wallet.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Getting a hankering to revisit some Compati Heroes games. Grand Battle I - V were great. I've always had a soft spot for SD Gundam, with Ultraman and Kamen Rider tossed in all the better. The action platformers in particular are good fun.

SO much to play right now, this weekend I put pretty much the majority of my time into Arizona Sunshine after finally ordering the physical disc from the U.K. I'm sorry I waited so long and that mine level is intense!

Also playing Astro Bot, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Super Mario Party and Assassin's Creed Odyssey, its a good time to lock yourself inside and play videogames.

Ragnaroz

Pathfinder Kingmaker. 12 hours in. Nerdy PC RPGs are my thing, but I'm not feeling this one yet. I'll probably force myself to continue to justify my purchase because I bought the most expensive edition called "Imperial Edition", and the only gaming money I have left for this month is for Luigi's Mansion 3DS demake. RIP my October gaming wallet.
Stick with it. It only gets better later on. And buggier, lol. But they are fixing the bugs pretty quickly and the game is very long so most of the major ones will be fixed by the time you run into them. I'm also playing the game, around 100h in. And I'm only in the final dungeon of Chapter 3. There are seven chapters, btw.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Wolfenstein: The New Order - LTTP with this game, got it cos DOOM rules, this game rules too. doesn't hold back, either!

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 - LTTP with this too. got it cos i heard so many great things about it. played for 30 minutes and now thinking of refunding. did not realize i would be mouse clicking through the game, i thought it was an action game. is one of these an action game or are they all this sort of RPG style?

BONDO

Destiny 2 Forsaken - pretty much exclusively.
Spiderman and NBA2K19 take some time from Destiny here and there. I expect to see RDR2 & Online take over long term soon.

Traianvs

I'm currently on a retrogaming fever, playing with emulators on my Psp.
When I was a kid I was more of a computer gamer, commodore 64, amiga, 386, ecc so I missed whole generations of console games.

I'm discovering now some amazing games since for me Nes, megadrive and snes games are new.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Rocket: Robot on Wheels on N64 and Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy on Switch, currently on my way through the time attacks in Crash Bandicoot 2. Since this year sucks so enormously for new games, I am currently playing a lot of older stuff from my favourite genres, with a special focus on 3D platformers. So I have played the three Burnout games 3, Revenge and Dominator, Mickey's Speedway USA and the 3D platformers Croc 2, Tak 1-3, Ty 1, Kao 2, Crash Twinsanity and Chameleon Twist; still planning on continuing with Rayman M, Gex 64 and Gex 3, as well as Blinx (maybe also Blinx 2 if I like Blinx). I am also considering Sly 1-3 and maybe even Ratchet 1-3 ( though I do not consider them platformers and have an exceedingly bad opinion of Insomniac's skill level in level design).

Played the first act of Livelock (solid gameplay, neat looks, horrid voice acting) and started my very first (estimatedly short) playthrough of Fran Bow.

Had a good time with both games.

Wizav

Neo Member
1. Forza Horizon 4 (XBOX ONE S) (priority)
2. Assassins Creed Odyssey (XBOX ONE S) (priority)
3. Battlefield 1 (PS4 Pro) (spare time)
4. Battlefront 2 (XBOX ONE S) (spare time)
5. Crusader Kings 2 (PC) (spare time)

DO YOU LIKE MY GAMING QUEUE xD?

Fallout: New Vegas. I've never played it before. I'm really enjoying it so far. It has occasional crashes but other than that it's a good time.

L0wMax

TM_N64_JetForceGemini.jpg

I've been playing through Jet Force Gemini again with a friend who never played through it before. It's fun to re-experience classic games with someone who hasn't.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Wolfenstein - The New Order. this game really is fantastic. it is so easy to play, im never lost in these levels or anything, it is easy to find where to go. the story is very well done so far. it has an appropriate seriousness to it that balances out the more fantastical elements like giant walking robots. i was shooting Nazis around a giant lunar set (plans for a moonbase?) and then looked up a walkthrough and realized i was only like 1/5th the way through the game! this is going to be amazing.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Shadow of the Tomb Raider - just sneaked through a crowd of people at the base of a pyramid while someone gets sacrifice at the top. this game delivers.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Still playing Dragon Quest XI. At this point i feel as if i'm living in its world and i don't want the game to end.
Same. My progress is going slowly but I'm starting to think I'm unconsciously doing on purpose because I don't want the game to end. DQXI is definitely my GOTY, no question about it.

Played a few hours of Shadow Warrior 2 last night, the open world rpg card stuff is a bit off putting, i hoped, it would be as straight forward as the first one.

Tonight I will play Alien Isolation for the first time... 'tis the season, after all... pray for my pants!

Top Bottom