• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Nymphae

Banned
RDR2, and now I'm staying out of the OT because I'm seeing spoilers I didn't want to see. I'm not usually a spoiler guy, but learning about
the epilogue
kind of pissed me off. That would have been a great surprise, I'm playing it really slowly. Polygon spoiled it at the end of their review and I don't see why it needed to be mentioned.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Dragon Quest XI (Steam)

just found Veronica. i am loving the character design of this game! also the voice acting and dialog and combat are all wonderful. i like the little ghost characters dragging their long arms that walk through the underbrush on the forest floor. Forest Spirits?

i love the colorful, simplified designs. the cutscenes are great - a bit like watching a Lord of the Rings cartoon or something.

Last edited:

KonradLaw

It's been a while, but there is a spell that slows enemies down by half. That makes things much easier (assuming it hasn't been nerfed since I played at launch).
Yeah. Sloth. I got it was well as ninjitsu that allows you get back up after your health goes to zero and those two combined are total game changers. :D

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Witcher 3

Been playing this here and there the whole year. Finished the main game and Hearts of Stone a while back and now am working my way through Blood and Wine. The one comment I once read saying that whole styles pass while you finish this game were no joke, holy fuck. This game is just too huge man. I clocked 125 hours so far and mind you have skipped tons of the unknown locations in both Velen and Skellige and have not spent a single minute with Gwent. Did all the side quests, contracts and so on though. Jesus Christ. This is about how long I needed to do ALL quests and dungeons in Skyrim back in the days...

Itachi87

RDR 2 is keeping me occupied at the moment. Once I complete it, I will return & finish DQ11 & GOW.

Red Dead Redemption 2
Dragon Quest XI
My Time at Portia
God of War

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I’m replaying Red Dead Redemption for the first time since 2010, whilst I wait for RDR2 to release on PC. I’ve always planned on replaying it.

It’s still great. I intended to just mainline the story to get it fresh in my mind for RDR2. Instead, I have somehow probably spent about 5 hours playing poker all up, lol.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Do you guys believe I finally started 3rd act for DQXI? Yeah I'm damn slow gamer but I'm fully enjoying the crap out of this game and kind of don't want it to end.

Last edited:

Ally1987

Metal Gear Solid The Phantom Pain on PC.

Do I have to do play through chapter 2 befor I can say I've completed the campaign? The missions are bit boring and I dont care that much about the story tbh.

D3SCHA1N

RDR2 for the foreseeable future. Next game I've any interest in picking up is maybe Days Gone and it just got delayed to like April or something....

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Do you guys believe I finally started 3rd act for DQXI? Yeah I'm damn slow gamer but I'm fully enjoying the crap out of this game and kind of don't want it to end.
That's how I feel about Octopath. Still one more Ch.4 to go as well as a ton of sidequests and the post-game and I'm ~120 hours in.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
That's how I feel about Octopath. Still one more Ch.4 to go as well as a ton of sidequests and the post-game and I'm ~120 hours in.
Oooooooh yeah, Octopath can be crazy addictive. I absolutly LOOOOOVE the turn based combat in this game, it makes want fight every optional boss out there.

RDR2 on One X, playing it on my 75" Samsung QLED i just bought yesterday 😃 Then I'll actually get through GOW next, then Horizon Zero Dawn. Zelda took up my whole summer! 😄

Last edited:

klosos

RDR 2 on the Xbox X at the moment , a few little issues i have with the game but god its fantastic , Rockstar really do know how to put love and attention into there open worlds.

also some Path of Exile on PC ive created frost necromancer , i haven't played for a year and there is a shit ton of new content and cant wait to get to it . Grinding Gear games have really put blizzard to shame with the amount of Good new content the bring out for POE compared to Diablo 3

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko when at home and continuing Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy on the go, still on Crash 2. I wonder whether I will manage to finish Crash N-Sane this year still. Afterall, the most time consuming part, the gold relics, are new only in Crash 1 & 2 to me. For Gex 3, which I just started yesterday, I hope it upholds the more positive impression when compared to Gex 64...

Elder Scrolls Online
Leveld my new warden in the last event and now doing the new Murkmire content with him.

Shadow of Lootbox
Just getting the platinum....

Warhammer 40k Martyr
This game got a free update and i guess im going back to it

It’s gotta look gorgeous on that TV. You lovin’ it or what?

Man, this game is controlling my LIFE at the moment! Been up for 2 days cause of it, turned it off maybe 45min ago, now im watching RDR2 vids before a quick nap so i can get up and play again! And yes, looking INCREDIBLE ON 75" screen, jaw dropping! 👍

Mr Hyde

Booted up Battle Chasers: Nightwar and so far so good. It´s sort of a live comic book adaptation disguised as JRPG. Or the other way around. The artstyle and music is excellent. Beautiful handdrawn characters and locations. The combat is turnbased, which fit the overall concept of the game nice, but I must admit that turnbased rpgs are a bit of a slog. I´m more for actionoriented games like Ys, Nier or even recent Final Fantasy, but it´s kinda nice going back to basics in a old school way. It has its charm and I don´t think they could have pulled off the game without it being turnbased. It evokes the classic JRPGs from the golden age, which I believe was the developers intent, albeit with a much more detailed and seriously good looking artdesign.

Last edited:

old

Red Dead 2
Destiny Forsaken
Overwatch

Just finished chapter 6. Don’t know if I’ll play the epilogues or watch them on YouTube. Forsaken got me back in to destiny. Just hit 600. Overwatch is my mainstay.

Ozrimandias

UPDATE

- Finished Rondo of Blood (Castlevania Requiem)
- Gonna Play Hitman 2
- Playing Red Dead 2, at slow pace
- Black Ops 4 when i have short time to play.....blackout mainly.

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Just Finished Dragon Quest XI. I have to say it was amazing. It was my first time playing a Dragon Quest game. I now want to go back and play the others I missed.

Wonkytonk

Even though I have finished the main story, I keep coming back to RDR2 and wondering around.

Hitman 2 arrived and waiting for when I get home, looking forward to playing in the 4K mode on the X :messenger_fistbump:

Jumping back into Total War: Warhammer. Never played as the Empire. Things seem to be going well, apart from a few of my neighbors being dickheads.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
RDR2, and now I'm staying out of the OT because I'm seeing spoilers I didn't want to see. I'm not usually a spoiler guy, but learning about
the epilogue
kind of pissed me off. That would have been a great surprise, I'm playing it really slowly. Polygon spoiled it at the end of their review and I don't see why it needed to be mentioned.
Sorry to hear you were spoiled like that. I hope you enjoy the rest of the game. I can't stand when they feel obligated to spoil important aspects of a game. It isn't like these games show themselves completely on their cover. You have to invest yourself in the game to learn more. Movies are shorter and the spoilers are taken far more seriously.

I finished RDR2 and now I'm playing Castlevania Requiem. I started SOTN again. I own it on 3 other platforms, but I wanted this collection. I'm getting Fallout 76 at the end of the week.

Nymphae

Banned
Sorry to hear you were spoiled like that. I hope you enjoy the rest of the game. I can't stand when they feel obligated to spoil important aspects of a game. It isn't like these games show themselves completely on their cover. You have to invest yourself in the game to learn more. Movies are shorter and the spoilers are taken far more seriously.

I still don't know many specifics about it, and I'm still enjoying the game a ton, so it's all good :messenger_grinning_smiling: I can understand people maybe forgetting to use a tag here and there on boards, but I don't know why Polygon had to write about it in their review.

Kadayi

Banned
Just wrapped up my 100% playthrough of Life is Strange. I played the game when it first came out at launch, but I wanted to revisit it before I tucked into Captain Spirit and the sequel, as well as snap the photos I was missing to complete the game's achievements. Gotta say the game itself still stands up exceptionally well in terms of the storytelling and characterization and it was good to get into the director commentaries about the game's conception and design. My only real criticisms would be some of the texture work left a lot to be desired on the principle NPCs which did distract at times (Victoria, in particular, felt like she needed more detailed textures). Also, I did find the checkpoint saving a little erratic at times and lost a couple of hours progress (on the PC) as a result which was a bit of a bummer. If you've not played it, I do recommend playing safe mode and keeping a check on your save files. It was around the 3rd episode in particular that I hit these checkpointing problems. Anyway highly recommended 10/10 would rewind time again.

Now onto Captain Spirit & LIS 2...

Fbh

Yakuza Kiwami.
Was planning on picking it up eventually anyway but since it's on Ps+ that works for me too.

I only played through the original one once close to it's original release so I'm enjoying the story (I remember some of the bigger scenes but I've forgotten a lot of the details) and all the gameplay improvements. There's definitely some areas where you can tell it was the first one, form the more basic sidestories to the less refined cutscenes, but it's still a blast and honestly for a story from a Ps2 era game that has been almost remade shot by shot it holds up surprisingly well

I was playing Total War: Warhammer, but we usually watch the LOTR trilogy around this time every year so I've been in the LOTR mood. I started playing The Third Age (Xbox on 360) yesterday and it's just hitting the spot oh so right.

Mr Hyde

Got hooked with line, bait and sinker on Metroid. Will probably take it to the end. Haven´t played the original since 1756 so I figured it was time now. But damn, this game has some serious lag issues. The framerate dips every time there is more than 2 enemies on the screen. How hard would it be to fix that shit for a new release on the Switch?

Also, 7 hours in Battle Chasers and it´s so far hit and miss. Mostly hit but the two main things that bugs me out is pretty big flaws. The first is story which fucking sucks at the moment. It´s not very engaging, in fact, it´s so basic it feels like it was written in a couple of hours during coffee break. A group of misfits teams up against an evil sorceress. Nothing original with that plot. I hope it gets better. The second thing is the various technical issues. Long load times, lag and stuttering is frequent almost all the time. It pulls me out somewhat of the experience. The things that draw me in however are still top notch, such as the beautiful artstyle, the music by Jesper Kyd (he always delivers) and the turn based combat which is getting more fun now that I unlocked new abilities.

I´m also at the end in Ys 8. Fucking great game but I felt it dragged on a bit now at the end, especially with Lanas part of the story. Gonna complete it sometime soon so I can put it to the rest. I would give it a solid 8/10, probably the best Ys I´ve played so far.

zenspider

Finally fired up Full Metal Furies. Really enjoying it so far (playing 2-player offline co-op). Soundtrack already stuck in my head.

BONDO

Completed RDR 2 the first week and took a break...basically keeping myself fresh for RDROnline.
Currently sticking to the daily Destiny 2 grind.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Dragon Quest XI (Steam)
Rocket League (Steam)
Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Steam)
Wolfenstein: The New Order (Steam)
Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)
Octopath Traveler (Switch)

Kadayi

Banned
Just wrapped up The Awesome adventures of Captain Spirit the free prequel to Life Is Strange 2. Having just replayed LIS, I have to say Dontnod have really upped their game both in terms of the animation, overall style and storytelling. Have to say personally the story side of things had shades of my own upbringing so it was quite tough to play through without parts of it striking a cord, but I really enjoyed it overall, even if I did reach for a walkthrough at certain points versus puzzling it out (I'm not in the rudest of health atm, so that's my excuse). Based off of this, very excited to delve into Life is Strange 2 tomorrow.

w8fIA.gif

Last edited:

petran79

Banned
War for the Overworld, mainly because DK2 and DK1 do not support Ultrawide resolutions. Bought it at 1/3 the price on GOG.
Stuck on mission 4 but such games are only playable on large PC monitors. They are not meant for laptops. I will finish it at a slow pace. It has a lot of content with all the DLC

Finished Megaman 11 on normal:
nice experience to relive the classics, but Willy Castle felt incomplete, with only 2 full stages. Still more solid than MN9.

Corpse Party: Book of Shadows
Enriched the story of the original game and made some plot parts more clear. Will wait for the next 3 games on PC the following months. Favorite tension/horror game series.

Cultist Simulator is another interesting game for more relaxing moments despite the in-game tension

Currently I am at a 2 hour session, either on Steam or MAME:
1 action/platformer, 1 2D fighter, 1 shmup, 1 3D fighter, 1 puzzle game, 1 beat-em-up, 1 racing game, whichever covers those 2 hours. To relive the arcade experience I use 1 try only.

Just some of the games:
KOF 98,2002, 14, GG AC+ Xrd Rev, BB CF, Arcana Heart 3 Six Stars, Tekken 7, SC6, VF5FS, Darkstalkers Resurrection, SF2T, Capcom Fighting Bundle (plus MAME for missing titles), Code of Princess ( waiting for yuzu to support EX version) , Shinobi I-III, Shantae Half Genie Hero, Metal Slug 4 (best characters) Russian Metro Dogs, Cave Steam collection (+ Deathsmiles 2), Game Tengoku Cruise n Mix, Trouble Witches Origin, Puyo Tetris, Tetris TGM3, Super Bomberman R, Mr Driller 2, Gals Panic S2 (Japan version), Senko no Ronde 2, Horizon Chase Turbo, Distance, Sensible Soccer 2006 with mods and whatever else pops up

Last edited:

bshock

Neo Member
Puttering along in RDR 2 (Chapter 3,) loving Hitman 2, and just starting out in Fallout 76. Too many games for the time I'm afforded.

ALL the Red Dead 2, actually I realized I was one of those unfortunate people that got hit with that bug in Chapter 2 - 'Polite Society, Valentine Style' the one that makes Sadie, Abigail & John Marston disappear from your camp until Chapter 4 if you use retry checkpoint feature vs. restart mission, so I had to restart and I was about 43% in. You know what though, I don't fucking care, its been fun replaying the early sections (I'm 13% in again) handling some things differently, doing more side quests, strangers missions, hunting, fighting with other gangs and being a little more aware of how to do things better overall. Also playing abit of NHL19 here and there and Tetris Effect in PSVR. I grabbed my pre-order for Fallout 76 and I'm thinking I might give it a little while and wait for some patches (although the reviews/ impressions seem abit more optimistic today) and Battlefield V & Beat Saber come out next week, so many games and not enough days off.

Top Bottom