• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

bigedole

Dark Rose Valkyrie which I just bought for $5.99 with the recent PSN Flash Sale. Enjoying it, but definitely glad I waited a while to jump in. The mechanics feel complicated but I'm figuring it out slowly. I also got Exist Archive with the same sale, but that will be competing with Thronebreaker coming out midnight tonight for my attention next!

TFGB

Just installing it. Can't wait.

HcBLzkT.jpg

J-Roderton

Dante's Inferno. Seems pretty good so far. Hitting an autosave with literally no heath and then having to fight a huge wave of enemies isn't fun but the atmosphere is creepy as shit.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2

i have never played any of these games but i have heard multiple people call this the best SW game ever so i bought it. should i play the first one first? it took a minute to get into the combat but now i see it for the cool RPG it is. really enjoying exploring these spaceships.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Mutant Year Zero on Game Pass. Over 15 hours into the game. Very good stealth exploration turn based strategy RPG.

Helios

I've been playing nothing but Median XL for a week. Send Help.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2

i have never played any of these games but i have heard multiple people call this the best SW game ever so i bought it. should i play the first one first? it took a minute to get into the combat but now i see it for the cool RPG it is. really enjoying exploring these spaceships.
You should play the first one too. The game references Revan a lot and your character is tied to him in a way. The first game has a lot of problems that the second one fixes (like combat and the fact that crafting is worthless) but I still think you would enjoy it, at least the first time. The writing (especially the characters) is weaker than in the second one, but it still sets up the backstory.
Also get the restored content mod for KOTOR2 if you haven't. Don't grab the M4-78EP thing that it comes with, that one's awful.

Last edited:

Shai-Tan

Banned
Finished Just Cause 3 last night. Wish I had stopped sooner considering how the story missions fizzle out like they didn't finish the game. Not getting JC4 at full price if that is what I should be expecting.

Instead I'm going to play Kingdom Come Deliverance. The documentary about it's development from the "gameumentary" channel on YouTube was interesting. Played a bit last night. Don't know what to think yet. Seems like one of those slow to get into games (my second time trying to start playing it)

I'd also like to play God of War if my brother ever gives me back my PS4 pro.

Mr Hyde

The final trials in Breath of the Wilds Master Trials are fucking hard. The worst aspect of it, is that you have to start all over if you die. I´m currently at floor 15 and it has taken me approx 2 hours to even get here. I´m tripping on toes just because some moblin kan kill me with his pinky. I want that final power upgrade for Master Sword but I ain´t wanna know what´s beyond these hell spawning levels. If there is some goddamn Lynel lying around as boss I´m done for I´m afraid. Isn´t Nintendo all about going soft and easy? You know, family fun? I didn´t think they were gonna go all hardcore on Zelda, shit, I haven´t played anything this hard since the trek to Death Mountain in Link´s Adventures.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

I just killed six decayed guardians. My weapons are nearly depleted thanks to that. I wanna save my ancient arrows (only got 5) if there by any chance shows up a Lynel again. I got a lot of food and three fairies so I should be good. But my weapons goddamn it. I´ve only got shit weapons left. If I die now I will fucking toss the Switch out from the window. I´m so close. On the final stretch. Floor 20.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
RDR2
Peggle 2
Tetris Effect
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Nier: Automata
Burnout Paradise Remastered

Just finished Darksiders 3. It was awesome, and made me feel like one of the x-men and a Thundercat all at once. I got a good 30 hours out of it as well, and am already keen to go back and try apocalyptic difficulty to get the platinum.

Was previously playing red dead, but I dropped it cold to play darksiders as I wasn't enjoying the core mechanics at all.

I'm deciding between ashen or the new monster boy now.. any thoughts on those 2? Monster Boy seems overpriced, so I might go for ashen first.

Mr Hyde

I beat the Master Trials. Finally. The last trials were a pain in the ass. The last levels had my heart rate jacked. On the very last stage, I had two ancient arrows left, and it was reserved for a Lynel and a Guardian Stalker. When I aimed at the Lynel i missed the first arrow, all while being gang raped by several horse riding Bokoblins. Luckily I had a lot of food prepared so I survived, eventually hitting bulls eye on the Lynel (seriously, I hate these enemies). When he was dead I felt pretty confident about the rest. It was a great feeling to finally overcome this sadistic challenge. The beginning and mid trials were somewhat a walk in the park but this last one was a nightmare.

But o´boy was it worth it. The Master Sword is now charged up to 60, with extra strong durability and a cool blue lighting effect to it. It´s kicking a lot of ass. Took down a Guardian Stalker with ease with this bad boy. The best thing is that it takes a long time for it to break and it recharges even faster now making the whole "weapon breakage"-mechanic much less cumbersome.

Now on to the final stretch of Champion of Ballads. Gotta clear those last dungeons.

Mr Hyde

Breath of the Wilds is so much more fun now with the upgraded Master Sword. Have been exploring the world like crazy and found several more shrines and Korok seeds. Also doing the final trial in Champions Ballad. The music is fantastic, sounds like some grand end dungeon in Final Fantasy. Sad to see this game coming to a close. 120 hours logged. I´ve been liking it more and more, escpecially with the DLC attached. Thought it was crap first but it has slowly turned around and made the base game even better. Nintendo did a home run with this one. I wonder how the next Zelda will look like?

Last edited:

J-Roderton

I have so many games I should be playing but Hotline Miami sucked me in again big time. Keep going back to get better scores and looking for puzzle pieces.

Mr Hyde

I feel pretty done with Breath of the Wild. The last dungeon was great and had really good boss to it. The reveal of him was a nice surprise. The bike and upgraded Master Sword made the DLC worth the admission. It started out weak but ended on a high note. To be able to ride a bike in Zelda, wow, that is something to experience. The traversal is soooo good now with some kick ass wheels to it. But Nintendo better bring the hook shot for the sequel. Feels like a missed opportunity to not include it. Imagine going all Just Cause on the world, slingshotting between the mountains in high speed pursuit for the next shrine.

BotW really is an excellent game. I´ve had so much fun exploring Hyrule and I´m gonna look back fondly over this game. One of my favourite Zeldas. Wind Waker is still number one though (where is the Switch port Ninty?). I hope Nintendo can bring a nice 2D-game to the table. My all time dream would be a remake of Zelda 2, or something similar in style. It would be nuts. Either way, the future for Zelda is looking bright.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Portal on PC. I’ve had it installed on my computer for years, but never played it.

I figured I’d finally give it a crack whilst I wait for the 12gb Kingdom Come: Deliverance patch to install.

Now, I can finally work out what all those Portal meme’s mean!

kyussman

Just finishing up Spider-Man and about to jump into the dlc's.

Would recommend if you have any interest in the character,I think Insomniac really nailed it.If not then it might come across as just another open world game I guess but the web swinging is a lot of fun regardless.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I started Elder Scrolls Legends during random periods of down time during the day. Never got into CCGs before but I see the appeal.

Also have dipped my toe into Warframe. Seems massive and all-consuming enough to be a full-time job.

TFGB

Thought I’d try out Iconoclasts on the Vita due to it being a freebie on PSN. What a cracking little platformer and one of the best gaming surprises I’ve had all year. 👍🏻

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
After finally getting around to finishing GTA IV and the Lost and Damned DLC this year, I am now finishing up the Ballad of Gay Tony DLC. I’m enjoying it, but pretty over Liberty City and GTA IV in general right now, lol.

Still playing Red Dead 2, after checking out the online for abit I've gone back to the story mode and now I'm also playing Smash Ultimate, had everyone unlocked by the Sunday following the launch.

kunonabi

Finished the Silver Case so I should be playing the 25th Ward but I've been messing around a bit with Yakuza Kiwami instead. I'm barely playing though since it's the end of the year and I'm trying to catch up on movies more than games.

Shifty

Went back to Devil May Cry 4 SE to practice ahead of next year.

I beat Nero/Dante on DMD, cleared Bloody Palace as Nero, and am now trying to get good enough to get through it as Dante. I've been playing this game on and off for years and his moveset complexity still feels overwhelming.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Prey, Shenmue, and Red Dead Redemption II.

JLB

Banned
Finished AC Oddisey a week ago (main quest, killing all kosmos dudes, legendary creatures, etc).
Right after that, played and finished Quantum Break (incredible game! I never played it due to some bad reviews on release. Completely loved it).
Right now im playing and nearly finishing Super Luckeys Tale with my kid, and finishing Wolfenstein 2.

Finished AC Oddisey a week ago (main quest, killing all kosmos dudes, legendary creatures, etc).
Right after that, played and finished Quantum Break (incredible game! I never played it due to some bad reviews on release. Completely loved it).
Right now im playing and nearly finishing Super Luckeys Tale with my kid, and finishing Wolfenstein 2.
How is the grind with ACO? I've heard such mixed reports I have the game but still haven't got around to trying it.

JLB

Banned
How is the grind with ACO? I've heard such mixed reports I have the game but still haven't got around to trying it.

Its definitely there. Progression is slow, and you will definitely need to do some sidequests to reach at least the minimum level to keep progressing on the main quest.
Having said that, dont miss AC:O. Its a fantastic game. Ive spent like 80+ hrs on it, and have no regrets.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I put JC4 on hold for the patch. I went back to Neir Automata, but not sure I'm into it. I might start AC Odyssey next.

Top Bottom