• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

stranno

Chicago 1930 on Steam. Microids is doing a really good job to revamp the game, it plays great in modern systems.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Been deep in to Warframe but I managed to hit a speed bump today. Failed my first mastery rank today, number 5, and it kinda sucked. It involved decyphering consoles and the last one was very complicated. The downside of failing, is that it takes 24 hours until you can try again. I have been practicing a bit at the Relay but it would suck big time if I failed again.

Other than that, I´ve been having a complete blast with the game. Maxed out my second frame and now I´m deciding which frame I´m gonna acquire next. It´s difficult to craft frames, the materials are rare but I´ve noticed that weapons are more easier to craft so I´ll just focuse on that. It´s understandable that Digitial Extreme have designed it this way, since Warframes double your exp towards your mastery rank. They want you to buy the frames first and foremost.

I´ve also soon completed my third planet, Mars. I need to scan Cephalon fragments in order to gain access to Phobos, which is a new planet, but I don´t really know how you do that. Or what Cephalon Fragments are. The game doesn´t tell you much, it´s a lot of searches on wiki and interacting with the community that unfolds the most of the information. In a way, I like it, since it does create some sort of comradery where you all help out each other. The Warframe community is also very nice and sweet. They´ve been helping me out a bunch during the game, assisting in missions, trading, explaining certain mechanics and functions. But I do wish that more information could be obtained in game. Sometimes people are offline and some missions are very hard to do solo.

I´ve been clocking 45 hours. Thought it was much more but then I checked my stats. Love this game so much, it´s ton of fun. Very well made and addictive as hell. Putting down the controller takes some discipline.

Mushroom 11 on Steam.

Didn't know I owned it, it's surprisingly good, but also short. You control a fart cloud around a dystopian future using the mouse, and you get to kill a flying baby head suspended by balloons by aiming rockets at it.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I just finished that game a few days ago.
Its pretty good. I'm currently playing Infinite now.
I installed it and booted it up a year and a half ago on Steam and haven’t touched it since. I was in between games and it dawned on me to finally give it a go. I hear it’s really good. I loved the first one and Infinite was pretty good.

Lanrutcon

Been deep in to Warframe but I managed to hit a speed bump today. Failed my first mastery rank today, number 5, and it kinda sucked. It involved decyphering consoles and the last one was very complicated. The downside of failing, is that it takes 24 hours until you can try again. I have been practicing a bit at the Relay but it would suck big time if I failed again.

Other than that, I´ve been having a complete blast with the game. Maxed out my second frame and now I´m deciding which frame I´m gonna acquire next. It´s difficult to craft frames, the materials are rare but I´ve noticed that weapons are more easier to craft so I´ll just focuse on that. It´s understandable that Digitial Extreme have designed it this way, since Warframes double your exp towards your mastery rank. They want you to buy the frames first and foremost.

I´ve also soon completed my third planet, Mars. I need to scan Cephalon fragments in order to gain access to Phobos, which is a new planet, but I don´t really know how you do that. Or what Cephalon Fragments are. The game doesn´t tell you much, it´s a lot of searches on wiki and interacting with the community that unfolds the most of the information. In a way, I like it, since it does create some sort of comradery where you all help out each other. The Warframe community is also very nice and sweet. They´ve been helping me out a bunch during the game, assisting in missions, trading, explaining certain mechanics and functions. But I do wish that more information could be obtained in game. Sometimes people are offline and some missions are very hard to do solo.

I´ve been clocking 45 hours. Thought it was much more but then I checked my stats. Love this game so much, it´s ton of fun. Very well made and addictive as hell. Putting down the controller takes some discipline.

Hello there, little Tenno. MR 21 here at 850ish hours.

- You can use ciphers to auto-hack things for you. High level hacks are exempt, but that Mastery test you failed is not. Buy the recipe, craft a few, activate the console and press the cipher button. For future Mastery tests: remember to do a practice run first. The first few tests are cake compared to what lies ahead.
- Once you get deep into the Star Chart you will be swimming in frames. The prime ones are easier to get than a lot of the normal ones. I would recommend getting a Rhino: it's a long term frame that is available early in the game. Get a tank frame, a nuke frame, a farm frame, a stealth frame and then start working towards the top 10 frames which make up the meta for all endgame activities (the super frames like Mesa, Octavia, Inaros, Saryn, Gara, Limbo, Ivara, Volt, Frost). Mesa Prime releases tomorrow. The community has been waiting for this one: Mesa is stupidly powerful. I'm an Ivara main, myself.
- A mediocre frame with a good weapon is better than a brilliant frame with poop weapons. Don't neglect your arsenal, and the mods that make the difference.
- Cephalon fragments are blue sphere-like objects that may spawn in levels. You scan them with a scanning item you purchase at relays (console near the place you practice your mastery tests, in fact). Equip the scanning items on your gear wheel. The fragments are not in every level, and you will have to search for them. Pick a quick mission like an Exterminate on a small map, go in and check every room.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Hello there, little Tenno. MR 21 here at 850ish hours.

Hello there fellow Tenno! Thank you so much for the tips. Really appreciate it. Was just about to boot up and try to find a couple of Cephalon Fragments. Read that Thiefs Wit helps out a lot. There is so much information and mechanics that I haven´t really caught up with yet, as you may have noticed. But I´ll get there soon I hope.

Feels like I´m learning new stuff everyday. I´m experimenting somewhat with different set ups in mods and weapons. I was thinking about having a set number of frames too with different abilities, so it´s nice to know that this way of thinking has positive effects when it comes to the end game (which seems pretty distant now but hey, better think one step ahead right?)

About Mastery Rank. Do you still earn exp towards your next rank if you fail? When I look at my profile it just says 0, so I´m a little hesitant to play if I don´t get any exp until I complete my test. I don´t want to lose out valuable grinding time.

Lanrutcon

Hello there fellow Tenno! Thank you so much for the tips. Really appreciate it. Was just about to boot up and try to find a couple of Cephalon Fragments. Read that Thiefs Wit helps out a lot. There is so much information and mechanics that I haven´t really caught up with yet, as you may have noticed. But I´ll get there soon I hope.

Feels like I´m learning new stuff everyday. I´m experimenting somewhat with different set ups in mods and weapons. I was thinking about having a set number of frames too with different abilities, so it´s nice to know that this way of thinking has positive effects when it comes to the end game (which seems pretty distant now but hey, better think one step ahead right?)

About Mastery Rank. Do you still earn exp towards your next rank if you fail? When I look at my profile it just says 0, so I´m a little hesitant to play if I don´t get any exp until I complete my test. I don´t want to lose out valuable grinding time.

You never lose Mastery xp. If you keep playing but don't complete your test, you'll still earn the xp. When you do finally finish the test you may be eligible for the next one immediately!

Building up a stable of frames and guns is a great way to approach things. No frame is perfect for every activity, no gun works best against all foes. I have setups for daily sorties, Eidolon killing, Arbitrations, affinity farming, Kuva floods, floof hunting, plains/valis mining/fishing, etc etc. At MR5 the game hasn't even mentioned those activities to you yet. Before the end of the month they're adding new bosses too!

Tandem played with my girlfriend. She played Day of the Tentacle Remastered while I played ANOTHER new character in Fallout 4 (trying a "Just the Main Quest" Run... Mods did a funny thing though... Kellogg stood there, between his Synths... in his underwear... bold move, big guy :messenger_tears_of_joy:).

TFGB

I finished the excellent Iconoclasts on Vita and now not sure what to play next. I still have Red Dead 2 sitting there in its wrapper but not sure I’m ready to invest in such a time sink at the mo’.

I’m craving a smaller, independent affair....🤔

Last edited:

Montblanc

Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Chapter 4... what a fascinating game! Now I finally see what the fuss was all about. I hope it remains this good throughout.

Ozrimandias

Still Playing Castlevania Requiem, Finished Rondo of Blood and now working the long way to complete everything in Simphony of the night.........what a good game it is.

GenericUser

Replaying RE2 and RE4, while waiting for the remake.

RE2 really is timeless in my opinion and RE4 didn't age so bad either.

I want to have a fresh memory regarding the stuff in the original RE2 so that I can appreciate the little references they (hopefully) put into REmake 2.

TFGB

Decided to pick up Yoku’s Island Express(PS4) in the PSN sale for games under £9. What a cracking little title with some highly original gameplay.

A bargain.

Playing Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom. It is pretty difficult. Its a platformer game with interesting puzzles. I like it.

Game is a modern take on the old Wonder Boy series.

Mr Hyde

Started playing Super Mario Odyssey. Haven´t played a Mario-game since the first Galaxy. Feels good to be back with the italian plumber. He´s like an old friend you grew up with, who never left your side, even if you ditched him a couple of decades or so :)

And you gotta give it to Nintendo. They know how to create fun levels that´s all about the gameplay. No excessive cut scenes or boring dialog, just emphasis on you as a player. Love that. It´s also gorgeous to look at, well optimised with basically zero loading times.

My only gripe so far is that it seems to be Another case where Nintendo uses the well known SM 64 template. It would be nice if tehy could spice it up a Little, but then again, don´t fix if it ain´t broke, so yeah, a Little confusing there.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
just bought Mega Man 11 due to the Digital Foundry GOTY. yeah this game rules.

while i was in the Nintendo eShop i also got Bayonetta, which i've been meaning to pick up.

got a Switch pro controller too. primed for xmas week...

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm currently replaying Ni no Kuni 2 on Expert difficulty and really hoping I can finish it before Tales of Vesperia Definitive drops in Jan 11th.

Mr Hyde

100 power moons in on Odyssey and I´m having a great time. Second exclusive in on the Switch and Nintendo delivers yet again. The capture mechanic is brilliant and puts a new spin to it. It´s so creative, it´s like Nintendo is having a field day where everyone in the whole company who has a viable idea gets a shot at including it. It´s just bursting with insane gameplay sections and the constant reinvention is impressive to behold. It´s Super Mario 64-levels of OMFG sometimes, fucking love it. Still, Galaxy is my number one but Odyssey is creeping up close behind it.

New Donk City was an interesting setting to put Mario in, kinda bizarre yet very fascinating. Bumping on taxi cars and running on girders makes my insides tickle, and the level itself boasted some nice graphics overall. I also love how Nintendo cherish its past by including 8-bit gameplay segments, and the Donkey Kong sendoff at the festival was brilliant.

There is so much variety going on here. It´s simple, fun and captivating, almost all the time. I only wish the music would be a little more noticeable. Some parts have been excellent but a lot have been pretty anonymous. Minor complaint though, Odyssey overall is a knockout platform game, it´s Mario at his very best.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Well, since Bioshock 2 Remastered was a crashfest, I decided to play something else. I currently have the PC versions of Psychonauts and Star Wars - Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast on the go.

I am enjoying both of them quite a bit more than I expected.

TFGB

I finally dived into Red Dead 2 (PS4)

I’ve only been playing a short while but the controls feel really sluggish. 😳

Woodchipper

I just got back into God of War, which I barely played at all upon release but have now decided to give another shot. Really starting to enjoy it, and just looking at it makes a part of me think that we don’t need PS5 until 2023 or so. It’s absolutely gorgeous.

Then I got interrupted by Raimi-suit and Silver Lining DLC the other day, so now I’m briefly back with Spidey. Spider-Man is without doubt GOTY for me, until I finish GoW at least.
I finally dived into Red Dead 2 (PS4)

I’ve only been playing a short while but the controls feel really sluggish. 😳
Yep, they’re horrible. One of the best stories I’ve ever experienced and one of the best and most beautiful open worlds there is, but almost unplayable at times because of the ancient controls.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Darksiders III, it's pretty pretty good, the more I play it the more I wanna keep going, I expected the opposite given reviews but it hasn't slowed down yet outside the odd meh boss. My only gripe is that later areas bring performance down to ~50 fps very regularly on my PC even though I'm ocing my oldie i7 to 4GHz and have a GTX1080 and play at 1080p. Earlier areas were easy 60 outside certain tough spots and I have all settings on Epic (there's a lod setting that can go one notch above Epic even but I keep that there too as it seems overkill and I can't say lod changes are noticable enough now to worry about it). It's a far tighter game than Darksiders II to me and even though earlier areas lacked puzzling and environmental challenges later areas are more complex so it's like a more modern Darksiders 1 as I remember it.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

The thing I appreciate with Nintendo is that they almost always, deliver complete games that are essentially bug free. They are so well made and carefully constructed, that in a day and age where broken games and huge day 1-patches are becoming norm, it´s a blessing. Super Mario Odyssey is a shining example of this. Basically zero loading times. Non existent glitches and bugs. It´s a game that comes right out of the box working as intended. It´s not wasting my money or my time, it gets down to business right from the get go with golden production values.

For being such a "greedy" and huge multimillion dollar company, who could just basically drop a turd on their fans and still sell it, it´s quite the remarkable feat in todays gaming world. It´s refreshing to see developers who at least gives the notion of a fuck when it comes to selling their product (looking at you Bethesda).

KxSUheBl.jpg

BloodRayne on PC (GOG)

Been having a blast with the Fist of the North Star game. It isn't very good, but my love for the source material elevates it quite a bit.

TFGB

Yep, they’re horrible. One of the best stories I’ve ever experienced and one of the best and most beautiful open worlds there is, but almost unplayable at times because of the ancient controls.
Thank god it’s not just me. I’ll persevere with it though!

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
KxSUheBl.jpg

BloodRayne on PC (GOG)
You'll have to watch the theatrical film once you're finished.

I'm playing Yakuza 0 and Ashen. I finally bought Yakuza 0 when it went on sale for PS4. Also Guilty Gear Accent Core for PSTV and Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX. What a great experience it is playing PSP games with the dualshock 3.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Got back into Diablo 3. I think they changed some stuff because I don't remember some of these Adventure maps and monsters. Always good mindless hack and slash.

BigBooper

Played an hour and a half of Kona. I think I like it, but it's gonna be a slow one.

Also started Wonderful 101 for first time though I've owned it for years. It's okay so far, but the controls are really getting frustrating. The tells for the enemy attacks start way before they actually attack and your block doesn't last as long as their tells. So especially when fighting multiple big enemies, it's very hard to keep track of. Also, the charge on the block attack is so long, it's hard to pull it off if you wait until the enemy starts it's attack. I don't know if I'll make it through this on,but we'll see.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
How long did your play through take?

I'm not near my Xbox for a few days and I can't seem to find a playtime in the app but if I had to guess 13-15 hours.

I got stuck on the last boss for awhile though so the number could be higher!

Mr Hyde

I´m playing Dark Souls 3 right now, got drawn in the addiction again, and I´m doing a dagger run. I´m wondering if anyone would like to drop me an Aquamarine Dagger? It´s a weapon I love but it´s so long before you get a hold of it, so I´m just asking here if anyone got a spare or ain´t using it. I don´t have much in return except my eternal gratitude.

My psn is: Robbanlasse and I´m at highwall running around.

Thank you.

Paasei

Still playing Rainbow SIx Siege. Managed to secure my platinum 1 last night.
Also playing Hitman 2 and taking my time to complete it 100%. Love the replayability of every level with all the challenges and so on.

Virex

Banned
Been having a blast with the Fist of the North Star game. It isn't very good, but my love for the source material elevates it quite a bit.
So then all the Yakuza games are not really good then either? Because it's Yakuza with a FOTNS skin and plays exactly like all other Yakuza games.

Unity2012

Playing Mutant year zero, pretty fun and challenging. Forza Horizon 4 is just plain beautiful; and some RDR2 here and there.

Mojoraisin

Just started assassin's creed Odyssey, but I find it hard to play a new open world game after RDR2. It really raised the bar. I much prefer the more realistic take on movement. Feels very flaky in comparison.

For multiplayer I ditched BFV for BF1 that is a much more fun and epic game.

Top Bottom