• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Mr Hyde

Looking for a controle module in Warframe because that is all that stands between me and a Rhino frame. I could buy one but I´m cheap and want to find it in game. But I haven´t advanced far enough to get any so it´s kinda frustrating. Got access to new planets but getting my ass kicked and the leveling is going slower than a snail who just smoked a phat one.

I´m also waiting for Baro Kiteer so I can buy the quest Sands of Inaros which you supposedly can acquire once your rank is 5 or above, which I am. But this son of a bitch only shows up every once i 2 weeks so it´s a no go. Man, sometimes this game can be quite frustrating when the only thing you wanna do is progress. But once these pesky speed bumps is out of the way you´re golden for quite some time.

Mr Hyde

5 minutes after I wrote that reply I got a mission in the void, offering console modules. Not only that, but I scored the last Oberon blueprints which mean I can craft two warframes now. Also got materials for a new sentinel, Wyrm, and a new rifle + lots of other goodies such as a couple of new relics. Now my foundry are working double shifts, gonna pick up all items tomorrow. Didn´t spend a single plat. Life is just too damn good sometimes.

RPS37

Got to the final boss of Ratchet PS4 then rage quit. Started the first hour of God of War and switched my mood up.

TTOOLL

Castlevania for NES on my phone, the controls are so frustrating sometimes lmao. I like it's simplicity though.

Mr Hyde

Completed Super Mario Odysseys main campaign and am now prepping for end game. This outing has been ridiculously good and super fun. Very creative levels, nice boss fights and the capture mechanic really added a fun twist to the gameplay. The ending was filled to the brim with nostalgia, as was many of the other levels. Nintendo never shy away from their past and the fact that they constantly adds 8-bit retro segments in Odyssey makes me happy.

Mario Odyssey is also beautiful, with incredible vistas and gorgeous views all over the world. The gameplay is fantastic and another feather in the cap for Nintendo. They are truly the king of platformers. Odyssey got a real nice sense of adventure over it and it never got boring once during my time with the game. In fact, I wanted more after the end credit and lo and behold, that´s exactly what Nintendo gave me.

Super Mario Odyssey is good value for the money spent.

Cosm8c Star Heroine.

Great premise of an Agent who goes Rogue ones she discovers a dirty secret by her superiors that happen to be in cahoots with the government. (Early plotline, not too many spoilers)! Things go down pretty quickly.

The Battle System is purely based on using skills once and resting to regain said skills.

Everything is buffed or debuffed and has a Hyper Meter of sorts to heighten your attacking power and a Desperate Move if you have your Style high enough for one final move (you can have your HP in the Negatives).

Loving the game and is inspired by the Phantasy Star series.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Prey on One X. This feels like an old school PC game, which is much of it's appeal. Looks nice and offers a good amount of freedom in your actions.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
AC Odyssey.

I quit a few shitty games, like FXV, & JC4. I also have Shadow of the Colossus PS4 on the shelf to start.

Orta

Banned
Megaman 11 on the Switch.

Never thought the day would come I'd describe a Megaman game as being adorable :D

Aintitcool

Banned
I got Infinity warfare and RW: Remastered on disk for 15 euros todays and I played 4 hours of MW and 1 hour of infinity warfare, both fucking beautiful fun games.

FeldMonster

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. I had never played a Call of Duty game before, but I like sci-fi and shooters (Halo/Destiny for me), so I thought that I would try it. I was very surprised to see characters based on the likenesses of real actors in the game, not just made up characters.

I would recommend it if you like sci-fi based stories. Most of the characters are very believable, and the main protagonists are likeable. The dogfighting, whether in space or on a planet is also pretty fun and controls very well. An interesting improvement could have been if the two felt different because of the presence or absence of gravity. Maybe the combat highlight for me though are the Zero-G spacewalk missions. Using the ship as the hub for many of the missions makes sense and adds to the realism.

I do however believe the single worst aspect of it though is the gunplay. This is unfortunate because of all the time spent actually in combat. Compared to Halo and Destiny, the combat feels dead and wooden. It doesn't really "feel" like I am shooting a gun. Just not a fan of COD combat I guess.

Hexen: Beyond Heretic via ZDoom.

I never finished it when I first played it back in 95, I ended up getting stuck.
Playing it again, I can see why, as I'm already stumbling around. What did that switch do?
Even if I don't finish it, I love the atmosphere and I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

Mr Branding

GoW got it's hooks in me pretty deep, man. I'm at
the post game content and finding/killing valkyries and wrapping up things is such a blast

Played Iconoclasts on Vita but deleted it after 5-6 hrs. I expected a good metroidvania and I got a one of the weakest I've played. While I respect Konjak for doing it all by himself, sometimes a project like this needs more minds behind it.

Currently on Bastion (Vita) and it's pretty good.

Rodolink

LTTP Bloodborne: I bought it when it came out, and couldnt grasp the main mechanic (coming from souls couldnt detach myself from the use of a shield and defensive position) so I left it at central Yharnam before Gascoigne. Now I gave it another opportunity, with very high expectations due to all the praise people give it. Im a little disappointed and I think its overpraised. Finding many glitches and level building errors. Color scheme I find it dull. With very subtle variations. Although gameplay wise is very solid as ever. And level design is superb. Difficulty I find it very hard (dont start with the "git gud" bullshit) bosses have way too much health imo. Right now Im at Rom the spider and I hope it ends soon.
Dont get me wrong the game is very good and Im enjoying it, its just not as good as I expected.

Xenogears: similar impression as above, I became a fan of Xeno series from Chronicles, and wanted to see how it all started. Initial hours were amazing, I love the pixelated 3D graphics (I would like to have more games in that style) with that level of detail. But then I came upon its faults, too silly dialogue feels like written by a teenager, music is very good but after a while feels very repetitive. But the worst of all old rpg's sins having to repeat the damn cinematics before a boss every time you try again and not being able to skip or speed up dialogue hinters the overall enjoyable experience.
So again I came with very high expectations and now Im at 50/50 (but at least here I understand its flaws due to the time it was released)

Greedings

Playing 2.

Assassin's Creed: Odyssey.
It's ok, it's not an Assassin's creed game, which is why I like it. It's not bad, but it's not great. I'm having fun, but I'm not hooked.
The RPG system is pretty bad, none of the power-ups interest me, they're all little gimmicky things and don't feel so powerful.
I'll keep at it and finish it, but like most Ubisoft games, the moment I'm done, I'll never play it again.

XCOM2
I adore XCOM: EU. One of my favourite games of all time. XCOM2 is like...the unfair super hard version of it. I don't know if I like it. Some of the missions are straight up devilishly difficult. Everything is on a turn limit, enemies appear all the time, from many different angles. I don't know if I'm just terrible now, but I lose a soldier in every single fight.
I want to like it, but it's so frustratingly difficult I'm struggling.

-MD-

Oh jeez.

Celeste
DUSK
Killer Instinct
Sunset Overdrive
Slay the Spire
7 Days to Die

and I just bought Smash Bros

Rotating through all of these lately lol.

Last edited:

Virex

Banned
Suffering through Valkyria Revolution. The story is pretty dark and decent. But the gameplay itself isn’t all that great. Given that I only play 1 game at a time and only start a new game once I’m finished with the current one. I just want it to be over and done with ASAP. The story is good but the rest isn’t :messenger_pensive:

Basoes

recently bought a bunch of games for my switch so I'm switching ever so often between , Bayo, Diablo 3, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Shining Resonance. something for any type of mood I'm in

Senhua

Fuck TV gaming. Going all in to mobile for now

FGO (android)
THE iDOLM@STER SHINY COLORS (android)
KanColle (android)
SMT: Liberation Dx2 (android)
Touhou Genso Wanderer -Reloaded- (Steam)

Shai-Tan

Banned
Just finished Ryse. Looks great in 4k despite the age of the game. Combat on the other hand was super repetitive and the story was awful.

Now finishing off the last bit of Little Nightmares. Not as good as similar games like Limbo and Inside which both had me taken by the atmosphere setting a mood that's a bit lacking in this one.

Moving on next to Shadow of Mordor or Prey Mooncrash.

Ulysses 31

Finished World of Light in Smash with true ending on hard, now I'll work on getting all legendary spirits before before being done with Smash for a while.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Doing end game content in Super Mario Odyssey and I have collected 226 moons so far. Nintendo is really going out of their way with the moons. I discovered that you could buy a lot of moons now in the shops, as a way to make it easier to reach end game content I guess, and I don´t like that at all. What is the fucking point with collecting moons and exploring the levels if you can just buy your way out? Never seen a Mario-game bend over for casuals like this. Disappointed as hell. Stupid mechanic.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Fortnite, Resident Evil in VR, Cod Blackout and the phenomenol Astro Bot.

Astrobot is just one of the best platformers I ever played, so much fun and in VR just so immersive. Every level made me smile bcus they really took advantage of VR.

IpsoFacto

Dragon Quest XI on PS4

In the first 15 hr or so I was almost ready to call this one of the biggest dissapointments of the year. My first experience with DQ was the 8th game. So I was kinda expecting something interesting. The first hours were dull, I was not enjoying my time with any of the characters on the roster, The music was grating my ears because not only did they use low quality samples they looped them up every minute and a half, so I had to adjust the volume on the settings.

Now I've changed my mind, the game really is good, the bosses are fun to fight, the dungeons are just big enough to be a challenge and not a slog. Quests are decent enough, making weapons, armor and acessories is a fun side little side. I've grown a little on my characters, Sylvando is annoying as f*** and his "arc" felt like they wanted to do something different but just couldn't commit to it. But the rest of the cast is cool.

Elder Scrolls Online
Leveling a Tank and getting gear for him with my other characters

SNK Heroines
well its ok but the boobs are distracting

Daniel Thomas MacInnes

GAF's Resident Saturn Omnibus
I was given a replacement pin slot for my NES this Christmas, so we've been playing Super Mario Bros and Tetris lately. We were also given a Retrobit handheld, a Gameboy-looking device with a NES inside and packed with Capcom and Data East NES games. The handheld is cheaply built but the videogames are fun. I also need to get back to playing some more Saturn games for my essays like Bulk Slash.

Meesh

Night in the Woods.

On Switch.

You must get it... sell your lunch, your children, your virginity, or... even your favorite anime. It doesnt matter what it takes to get this game, but do it. It's on sale, no excuses.

I dont buy indie often, or enough, but I'm glad I bought this! (Psst, on sale on eshop)

The art is fantastic, it really drew me in... and the story so far is a little dark, and almost feels a little too realistic? You get the feeling this story could be any one of us. The story is such a fantastic contrast to the art, yet compliment each other so well... super pumped to play more!

The gameplay is relaxing so far and there seems a ton to interact with, a mystery to uncover? There are moments that indicate you can change the story as you go, branching paths with hopefully different outcomes. No idea about alternate endings.

Seriously... Night in the Woods is refreshing and grim, hopeful? It has substance, which is more than I can say for the vast number of games out there now.

Mr Hyde

Got pulled back into Final Fantasy 15 again. I love this game. The world, combat and exploration is so damn good. The hunts in particular are very fun. And riding the chocobo over the grassy hills with the score from FF VII makes me gush with nostalgia. Overall, I feel that this game harkens back to the more classic style of FF, albeit dressed in a much more modernized suit.

The combat has been much improved and the fact that you can switch characters just makes it so much better. My only gripe is the fucking bushes and trees that comes in the way, wish Square could just erase them whenever a fight is going on. The story is simple and fun to follow. It feels like a mashup of Final Fantasy VI, VII and IX, and since Square patched all of the storybeats it´s easier to follow. I remember when the game released and the story was all over the place, missing several key scenes. Square can be so wack and unorganized sometimes, I wonder who runs that company?

Well, I´m building Noctis and the boys towards lv 120. Haven´t beaten Omega and a couple of other superbosses yet. And after that I will probably embark on a NG+.

Final Fantasy 6 on my phone. Never played it. I know it's supposed to be one of the great FFs but I'm not getting it. At times, the tone shifts very quickly from serious to silly and it takes me out of the game. I just did the opera house part, which I know if a famous part, but I didn't get what was supposed to be so great...?
Playing it now on my Wii and I feel the same. I did give it a shot when it originally released on SNES but couldn't get into it. I prefer 4 and 5, easily. I will finish it though.

stranno

The SimCity prototype on NES. I'm not enjoying it too much since the lack of gift land value mechanic makes the city development too damn slow.

Mr Hyde

Just completed Close Encounter of the Terra Kind in FF 15. I have no idea what the fuck that was or why it was in the game. I had to google it and it was a crossover with a mobile game called Terra Wars. I enjoyed it though. Sarah and Noctis pulled off some very cool looking link strikes. It was very short, like a beefed up side quest with its own self contained story. And the aliens were cute. Hiso hiso! Like a bizarre offspring to Moogles. Also, legendary composer Nobou Uematsu composed the music.

There is so much weird shit going on in this game. Chocobo Moogle Festival, the Assassins Creed crossover, Terra Wars crossover, Pitioss Ruins, the turtle in the rock, Costlemark Tower, Gentiana posing in the pictures, your car turning in to a flying spacecraft, all the cool weapons from past entries, all the crazy outfits for Noctis (cup noodle and the Sombrero, gotta love it). It´s bonkers. But all of this is what makes Final Fantasy XV such a memorable game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom