• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

I just finished Amnesia and moved onto SOMA, I get scared easy (suffer with anxeity) and it entertains my friends so I play horror games to amuse them.
SOMA is far from scary but the story has been quite gripping.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Banjo Tooie. I beat part 1 like 20 years ago but never played part 2. Playing on my Xbox One.

So far its fun and I like the puzzles, but it feels looooong.

bobone

Spyro Remastered.

Highly recommended.

Very straight forward and deliberate. It really showed me how much I missed games with a clear and purposeful vision. There is nothing in Spyro that wastes your time. No grinding, no daily quests, just fun.

bukowski81

Picked up the remaster of Shadow of the Colossus. Really enjoying it but I feel its very overrated. Very good game, but nowhere near one of the best ever has I have seen a lot of people claim.

I bought Far Cry Primal and Far Cry 5 off the steam sale.

About 10 hours or so in Primal, it's a gorgeous game and I'm quite enjoying it. I love the unique setting and experiencing the game without guns.

However the game is kinda weird to, I'm exploring and trying to clear an outpost out at night. While one tribe is clearly made to be antagonists, the other tribe who's outpost I'm clearing hasn't really done anything to me or my tribe in the story. I'm just going through this large stone dome structure slaughtering people while they sleep.

It's really weird because it makes you feel like the bad guy and cold blooded which is a direction I think the narrative should have gone in.

Tetraeon

Just finished god of war, it was amazing. currently still on siege and about to start shadow of the tomb raider. great year for games.

BigBooper

Middle Earth:Shadow of War.

Much like the first game, there's a lot of promise with this game that it doesn't fulfill. Dominating orcs would be awesome if they didn't disappear if you get 100 feet away.

Building an army would be awesome if you could actually lead your army in an assault. Instead, assaults break down to a simple capture the flag system.

I've conquered the first Stronghold, hoping things would get a bit more complex, but of course it didn't. Time to just mainline the campaign.

Anasta

Neo Member
Got tired of BFV (good though) and now am thinking of buying Just Cause 4. Can anyone tell me if it's worth 28 euros? I'm getting a good deal I think.

brap

Banned
Onechanbara Z2: Chaos. No idea what the hell I'm doing but there's lots of good parts if you know what I mean ;)

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Randomly started up Psychonauts which I’ve had in my Steam library from a sale ages ago. I’m really loving it and have been pretty hooked on it the past couple of days.

Diddy X

I got The Master Chief Collection the other day (15€) and I'm having a great time playing the first one, I think it has aged very well, the gameplay remains top tier, these last years I had been playing battlefield or COD and now switching to halo again the game feels really fresh, I really appreciate a game this old being SO GOOD.

lifa-cobex

Started Nier Automata after having it in my pile of shame for a a very long time now. About 15 hours in and mostly enjoying it so far.
I only went through it over last Christmas after my friend bugged the shit out of me to play it.

When I finished it entirely, I apologised to him after for waiting so long.

Mr Hyde

Currently been rotating between Final Fantasy XV, Super Mario Odyssey and Warframe.

FF XV is end game. I have Menace in Crestholm and Costlemark left plus Omega and Melusine. Also a couple of hunts. Probably not gonna do NG+ yet since Resi 2 is around the corner.

in Super Mario Odyssey I have collected 367 moons. It has been a lot of fun but all these moons is a tad bit ridiculous. It feels more like a collectathon now than a platformer and I´m not sure I like that. Sometimes I don´t even have to do anything to get a moon. I meet Captain Toad or Peach and they be like, "Hey I found this moon in the toilet, here you can have it!" What´s the fucking point? Game is still fun, but I feel I´m gonna wrap this up soon.

Warframe. About to hit Mastery Rank 7. Leveling up Rhino now and it has been somewhat of a disappointment. Only useful powers is Iron Skin and Stomp, the rest sucks. So I´m gonna hit lv 30 and then switch to Oberon, which will be my fourth Warframe. Currently doing Jupiter junction in Ceres. Completed side quest A Man of Few Words with Clem.

Fox Mulder

Playing the Uncharted remasters right now. Only played Uncharted 1 on the ps3, so the rest of the series is new to me.

UC1 is still fun and I got the platinum. UC2 was pretty great with better pacing between platforming and shooting galleries. The villain was also well established as an asshole unlike the first one. On to the third.

Playing the Uncharted remasters right now. Only played Uncharted 1 on the ps3, so the rest of the series is new to me.

UC1 is still fun and I got the platinum. UC2 was pretty great with better pacing between platforming and shooting galleries. The villain was also well established as an asshole unlike the first one. On to the third.

I love Uncharted 2 but good god I have bad memories of (late game spoiler)
the avatar people with exploding crossbows.
That end game section can go to hell.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

Yea, those peeps are absolutely dreadful to deal with. Especially on any difficulty higher than normal. Add to the fact that they are pure bullet sponges.

OT: I am currently working my way through the Plat run of Dream Drop Distance. Finished off Julius on Proud mode as both Riku and Sora and am now grinding my way through all the secret portals. Thankfully I did a lot of them as I played the game.

KINDERFELD

Banned
Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen on PC.
Something about max settings, HDR at 4K/60fps just makes the game feel a lot better. This is my 3rd time playing it. Have it also on PS3 and PS4.

Fox Mulder

I just did it on crushing for the platinum, but didnt think they were that bad. They were kind of more passive than they could have been with your AI companions distracting or taking fire.

Last edited:

IpsoFacto

My God, Dragon Quest XI has the largest post-game content I've ever seen. And I finished it early in the yesterday afternoon. The ending was pretty emotional, though I was kinda dissapointed to find that there was no Also liked the final cutscene just right before the final End Title was

Holgren

Pathologic.

Game of the decade for me, but not because it is so good but that I am taking years to make progress. I like it a lot. The atmosphere is great, the characters are likeable, the story is very interesting and the dialogue is quite something (really like the Inquisitor), but it is just soooo sloooow.

Last edited:
81SSpGFvByL._SX342_.jpg
God of War 1 remastered on the PlayStation 3. Fantastic opening for a game and the 60FPS smoothness is genuinely jawdropping. Loving every minute of it! Just reached Athens in the beginning of the game. Planning to play 2 and 3 afterwards!

Last edited:

Atlas01

Neo Member
Suikoden1_PS1_USBox.jpg

Finally getting around to playing Suikoden. I recently found a copy at a video game store by me and decided to finally buy it. I hear its on the short side but very good.

Last edited:
Started Spiderman on PS4 yesterday. Only a few hours in but really enjoying it so far. Bought Shantae half genie hero for PS4 yesterday. Quite looking forward to playing that.

ruvikx

Banned
81SSpGFvByL._SX342_.jpg
God of War 1 remastered on the PlayStation 3. Fantastic opening for a game and the 60FPS smoothness is genuinely jawdropping. Loving every minute of it! Just reached Athens in the beginning of the game. Planning to play 2 and 3 afterwards!

3 of the greatest games ever made. The music is also some of the best ever in any medium, movies included. As for the game I'm playing, I actually put the newest God of War to one side (I'm about half way through & finding it repetitive, predictable & rendered boring by an annoying upgrade system without an epic enough story to keep me interested), so I'm now playing the Resident Evil 2 demo on PC again, again & again.

Raph64

Currently establishing my new Xbox 360 and while waiting for an external drive ( my Xbox has 4 ridiculous gigabytes, already almost gone ) the only game I’ve been able to play for now is Sonic Adventure. And honestly the game in general hasn’t aged well ( along many cons ; broken gameplay, ridiculous lip-sinc on characters, and don’t get me started on the freaking CAMERA ) but it’s still kinda fun to play.

In the meantime, Super Smash Bros Ultimate is currently my jam on Switch, fantastic game overall, better than SSB4 in my opinion.

Last edited:

IpsoFacto

OK... I dunno what's up with the spoiler tags but whatever. So after I've put DQ 11 in the back again, I've finally gotten my hands on Shining Resonance Refrain. Let's get the obvious out of the way, this is a dusted off PS3 action RPG it's visually dated so it's not winning any points there.

Having said that, I'm getting a heck of a lot out it. It's easy to pick and play, the areas you explore are mericfully small, combat is easy (the first few hours are super duper hard, though), quests are easy enough to do and I enjoy all the little side stories. As far as mid tier RPGs go, this one is leaps and bounds better than Star Ocean: Integrity and Failthlessness.

Several games between PC and PS4.

- clearing up the post-game on Sunset Overdrive

- The Messenger (great indie game this one)

- Tetris Effect

- In Death (PSVR, highly recommend this one)

Hikikomori6

Neo Member
yakuza-kiwami-2-box-art.jpg

Currently playing Yakuza Kiwami 2. Had received both Kiwami 1&2 for secret santa, and Honestly. having only played the original way back on the PS2. I think this is the start of something beautiful.

Top Bottom