• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Nickolaidas

Purchased the Ezio collection a few days back for my xbox one x. Want to beat it this time (reached the point where I stopped playing it on my ps3).

Does the game help me with the feathers like it does with the chests?

Virex

Banned
I finished Tales of Vesperia. Right now I can't choose what to start next. Read Dead Redemption 2, Ace Combat 7. I wanted to start KHIII. But I still want to play through Both KH 1.5+2.5 collection and 2.8 collection as I haven't played KH1,2 and DDD in quite some time.

Ten_Fold

Apex legends, got a few wins an some kills. I was going to get Ultima weapon in kh3 but I just don’t feel the need to do so.

Ellis

Still playing REmake 2, but also just started Anno 1404 as I have always wanted to try the series and haven't really played a building sim since I was a kid. Really enjoying it so far.

DonF

Apex legends

What a game! I love it! Haven't played anything besides it since launch. I love it! Got a couple of friends to play, it's awesome.

Rodolink

Now I started Secret of Mana, oh man, some of the music tracks are so awful techno 90s or whatever I cant stand them, they take you out of the "epic" Square like vibes. The game cover is so epic and "melancholic" and the title music reflects that, then you get hit by these this, this, and oh god this. I'm sorry they just make me cringe!
Just want to continue with it since its considered such a classic but don't know how long I can endure XD. (Played the series somewhat before but never really got into it, only Legend of Mana kind of trapped me but didnt finish it)
Also the gameplay feels so clunky, the movement speed so fast, the UI with those "rings" so unintuitive, cant see (yet) how its considered such a classic.

Iconoclasm

Neo Member
Mass Effect Andromeda.
I wanted to play it a bit 'late hoping to find less problems but I must say that I was wrong. I keep finding problems everywhere, bugs like missing or flying characters and battles with a hideous framerate (and usually I don't care of certain details). I want to continue it and finish it but really, it's the first time I almost have to force myself to finish a game. The soundtrack is amazing at least.

Last edited:

Daniel Thomas MacInnes

GAF's Resident Saturn Omnibus
Checkered Flag on Atari Lynx (Open Emu on Mac) has been my go-to fix for the last week. It's a very solid racing game from 1991 that is also extremely frustrating because it's one of those old-school racers where the slightest touch with another car causes a spinout. It drives me up a damned wall because it's so incredibly cheap. But two minutes later, I'm back for another run. It's one of those "addicting because it makes me angry" sort of things, and when I win a race against the computer, it really feels like an accomplishment. Take that, ya jerks!

After that, I've got to get back to Tomb Raider and Capcom Generations on Sega Saturn.

Last edited:

lingpanda

Keep going back to Red Dead Redemption 2. Trying to tackle all side missions I may have missed. I recommend anyone who hasn't jumped in to do so. Great story and atmosphere.

I was finishing up Ass Creed Syndicate. Which much to my surprise I liked Unity much better. The parkour and the graphics and lighting were just much more immersive than syndicate. What this game has though is a sense of humor, so the cutscenes are entertaining. The parkour seems less smooth as well. Overall im a little dissapointed. Anyways Apex Legends has made it impossible for me to play anything else.

I am currently playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Civilization 6, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate on the Switch right now. All of the above games are great and I would recommend all of them. Civilization 6 ported pretty well from PC. Breath of the Wild is awesome, first open world game, put over a hundred hours into it. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is fun and great to play with friends, so is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Playing Super Metroid on my parents's SNES Classic. Actually a pretty great game.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
The game cover is so epic and "melancholic" and the title music reflects that, then you get hit by these this, this, and oh god this. I'm sorry they just make me cringe!

lol that 2nd track is my favorite song in the game.

the cover was very epic and majestic. i had the Nintendo Power that had the tree on a nice poster. really took me away & inspired my imagination. that was a big part of the appeal.

the other stuff you mention as bad things, the fast movement speed, the menu rings, etc. are all reasons why i like it lol. might just not be the game for you.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
KH3: finished the game and trying to get rest of Lucky Emblem, getting Ulitima weapon and finding those Battle portals.

RE2Remake: finished my Leon A on hardcore and now going through Claire B.

JimiNutz

Banned
Overwatch - haven't played it for a while but am really enjoying the game again. I'm only really playing the arcade modes at the moment but they're a lot of fun and I think Overwatch is easily the best MP FPS this generation.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Bloodborne is kicking my butt rn and im loving it. finally made it to the Forbidden Woods on my replay. the forests are so good in this, with the dark lighting & the mist, it's more reminiscent of Darkroot Basin than DS3 IMO.

getting to the forest was funny. i walked up to a door and knocked on it, someone asked me for a password, and i gave it. the door opened. inside was a skeleton wearing a suit slumped down in a chair. there was a "Talk" prompt so i hit it, and it responded "Already dead." then it gave me Madman's Knowledge. this game just rules so hard.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Bloodborne is kicking my butt rn and im loving it. finally made it to the Forbidden Woods on my replay. the forests are so good in this, with the dark lighting & the mist, it's more reminiscent of Darkroot Basin than DS3 IMO.

getting to the forest was funny. i walked up to a door and knocked on it, someone asked me for a password, and i gave it. the door opened. inside was a skeleton wearing a suit slumped down in a chair. there was a "Talk" prompt so i hit it, and it responded "Already dead." then it gave me Madman's Knowledge. this game just rules so hard.
Ohhh yes. Such a good game. When you say "replay", it sounds like you've beaten/attempted it before?

What's your previous experience with the game? Did you not enjoy it before and now you're enjoying it upon retry?

Fbh

Superhot.

Really fun so far though I don't know it runs so poorly on my PC. Not that I have a good PC but you'd think that with small levels and basic visuals I should be running this better than Gears 4 or AC Odyssey instead of worse

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Civ 6. Don't ever play it, for real.
Lol, too late. I just bought it on Switch. Enjoying the Civ goodness so far, but fuck me can I not find any online explanation of what the menu icon pictures mean. It’s pure guesswork. Frustrating.

Rodolink

lol that 2nd track is my favorite song in the game.

the cover was very epic and majestic. i had the Nintendo Power that had the tree on a nice poster. really took me away & inspired my imagination. that was a big part of the appeal.

the other stuff you mention as bad things, the fast movement speed, the menu rings, etc. are all reasons why i like it lol. might just not be the game for you.

Lol, yeah it's just a matter taste as you say.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Civilization VI on Switch. My Switch’s battery just went dead. Hence why I’m here. Hello.

Frizzie

Banned
The Witcher 3 GOTY.

Blimey it is BIG! Currently knocking down lvl 30 enemies with my lvl 21 Geralt on insane difficulty :messenger_beaming:

Well, I tried Apex, and for a few rounds it was... ok... after 2 hours I have about 2 kills garnered... is this good? No idea, what i'm doing, but those high level team mates were very nice and somebody said my nickname was cool :messenger_grinning:

Winter John

Gold Member
I been playing Persona 5. It's one of the few games I've enjoyed and found to be a frustrating pain in the ass. I've rage quit a bunch of times only to turn it back on a few minutes later. Last night was the final straw where my party got wiped out 4 times in a row in the bank. So I switched the difficulty to easy just so I could get to the first safe room without having my party's health wiped or being one hit killed. I'm gonna put the difficulty back to normal and go through some mementos levels to see if that helps.

Virex

Banned
So I couldn’t decide what to play next. So I ended up staring Final Fantasy IX on my PS3 again. Haven’t finished it in a while. So decided to do a play through again

#Phonepunk#

Banned
the Mario Odyssey levels of Captain Toad are really awesome. also i want to gush over how much i love the extreme close up camera. those large colorful characters look so good up close!

Ohhh yes. Such a good game. When you say "replay", it sounds like you've beaten/attempted it before?

What's your previous experience with the game? Did you not enjoy it before and now you're enjoying it upon retry?

played through Bloodborne for the first time at the end of last year, absolutely loved it, just going back for seconds. i used the saw the whole game so i'm switching up the weapons this time around.

Last edited:
Playing Moonlighter on PC at the moment. Game is currently on sale for $12 and it looks like they've added a bunch since it released last Spring. So far it's been pretty fun!

AdamisFox

Are you enjoying Evolution? I bought it at launch and sold it after a couple weeks. I was super excited about it being one of the first JRPG's on the Dreamcast, but my expectations were too high at the time.

It's nice, a bit repetitive so the dungeons feel a bit too long to complete (the second one took me three hours to finish). I like the presentation and the characters are cute and expressive :)

Mr Hyde

Playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Been holding out on this one for some time. Expectations are high. Just left Argentum and things are about to get rough at the Maelstrom. So far so good, and the story and its setup is very intriguing. Great voice acting too. Was also surprised to see Yasunori Mitsuda among the composers, thought he had retired making video game music. Love his work and the OST so far doesn´t disappoint. I think this game can become the biggest and best yet on my Switch, really justifying that purchase beyond what it already has. XC has all the hallmarks of things I like in games. It looks and plays good too, with basically zero loading times.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Been holding out on this one for some time. Expectations are high. Just left Argentum and things are about to get rough at the Maelstrom. So far so good, and the story and its setup is very intriguing. Great voice acting too. Was also surprised to see Yasunori Mitsuda among the composers, thought he had retired making video game music. Love his work and the OST so far doesn´t disappoint. I think this game can become the biggest and best yet on my Switch, really justifying that purchase beyond what it already has. XC has all the hallmarks of things I like in games. It looks and plays good too, with basically zero loading times.
I absolutely adored it and I don’t usually play JRPGs. The music is phenomenal.

Personally, I’m playing Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, DKC: Tropical Freeze and Civilization VI on Switch.

Mr Hyde

Continued with Xenoblade. The prologue was very epic. It set up the story in a beautiful way. The scope is incredible. Riding on the backs of Titans is a sight to behold. The cast is so far likeable and I enjoy their company. Stellar voice acting with different dialects add to the immersion of the world. My only complaint so far is the annoying tutorials that arrives in droves. Just let me play the goddamn game and figure out stuff for my own. Everything needs an explanation, even simple stuff like opening chests and collection points. It breaks immersion. I hate when games treat you like a dumbass with no prior experience at all. Wish I could turn it off.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Doing quests in Torigoth now. It´s so cool when you look up at the titan and realize you´re just a little ant running around. I love these kinda contrasts with big epic monsters in the background that showcases how tiny you and your surrounding really are. Kinda like God of War 3 when you climbed up the Titans back fighting Poseidon. Kick ass intro to a game btw.

The music is phenomenal. Outstanding. It generates that warm and fuzzy feeling you only get from a first rate JRPG. Mitsuda always deliver and props to the other composers too for really setting the mood. The areas are big with lots of things to explore, monsters to fight and people to help. The towns are cozy villages that brings back memories of the good old days when JRPG reigned supreme. This whole game ooze with that feeling, like playing Xenogears for the first time again.

And it´s gorgeous too. Anybody who complains that Switch can´t pull off beautiful looking open world games needs to get their heads examined because Xenoblade pulls it off better than the majority of contenders out there, with "weaker" hardware to boot. It´s unique settings with the Cloud Sea and the Titans that populates it creates such a bizarre and original vibe too it, making for a mesmerizing experience like no other.

The combat system, while slow at the beginning, are starting to show off its real colors now with the introducing of blades. The driver and blades-mechanic makes for an interesting combo, not only gameplay wise but also from a narrative stand point, as it creates this bond between you and your fellow blade, ready to face the hardships together.

Top Bottom