• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Kadayi

Banned
Currently playing The Council. A fictive historical narrative adventure game with some RPG elements : -

Just wrapped up the first episode and I have to say I'm rather enjoying it. There is a certain amount of jank to the game, but it makes up for it with the systems side of things and I'm looking forward to putting some more time into it.,

Kdad

Working on Max Payne PS3
AQX.gif

Fox Mulder

I'm playing Uncharted 4 and I kind of don't like it. I flew through the great remastered collection on crushing, but this game changed the controls and the shooting feels worse. I'm also at chapter 8 or 10 and have barely had any shootouts. Where are the huge setpieces?

Mr Hyde

I had to turn down the voices in Xenoblade because Tora made me go fucking crazy with his constant "MEH-MEHMEH" and tiresome yapping during battles. It sounds a little empty but I´m not bothered by it since they pretty much say the same thing over and over and over. Jesus H Christ, probably the most annoying thing I´ve heard in a rpg.

Other than that it´s still impressive and I´m having a blast so far. I can´t get over how beautiful this game is. There are some serious eye-popping vistas to gaze at. I can just run around killing monsters and look over the horizon for hours. It´s among the most gorgeous art design I´ve seen in a game. And speaking of monsters. I had a rough time grinding when I only played with Rex. I was level 10 and got my ass handed to me by simple wolfs at level 7-8. But the most annoying part of this is all the high level monsters roaming around and when you accidentally aggro one your flat out dead. There is a giant lv 81 brute running around making my life a living hell when I just want to score some dough and exp. Look, buddy, just get the fuck out of my way and go bother some unicorns or something.

The combat is pretty fun and seems to have lots of depth to it. Now that my party is maxed out the battles are a lot easier and more eventful, with crazy combos and special attacks flying around all over the place. I haven´t grasped everything with it yet, and I´m not to sold on the many quick time events that pops up from time to time, but overall it´s fun and addictive. I can see it become something spectacular at high level when I´m finally gotta get my chance with those giant beasts that bullies me around.

J-Roderton

Skate 3 for the first time. Need some skate game fix. Been going and getting old achievements I missed in the second one.

Anyone here tried Skate XL? That's probably going to be my next shindig.

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
Crackdown 3 on Xbox One X.

Enjoying it too! - couldn't care less about the reviews.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
FFIX Switch

I love the music on this. The art is great too. Vivi’s story is very interesting as well! They really went all out on this traditional style entry (7 and 8 both being a little more experimental and less fairy tale) highly recommended for fans of the series

Last edited:
Titanfall 2. Got fed up with janky, convoluted games (Anthem) and trying to win by avoiding gunfights (Apex) so I went back to shooter perfection for a bit. It never fails to shock me how great Titanfall is.

Jump Force. I would recommend it to anyone who loves manga/anime and/or fighting games. It's a blast to play with friends and I sm thoroughly enjoying it. Go get it now! Lol.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Just escaped the Dreadnought and a solid boss fight with Dughall. But the real event was the climactic fight with Morag and her Blade Lady Brighid. That battle was awesome. It had an exciting build up and terrific pay off, and Morag is a compelling villain I hope to see more of in the future. Spectacular shit.

Right now I´m exploring the vast world, grinding about and lifting every stone I come across. The exploration is top notch, along with music. I have to say Mitsuda is my favourite composer in the video game biz, together with Yoko Shimomura and Keiichi Okabe, with maybe Yuka Kitamura and Jeremy Soule thrown in for good measure.

I´m about 15 hours in, and from what I can tell, this game is big and rich in content, which is just what I want right now, since I´m basically down to my last quarters. Xenoblade has this great sense of adventure all over it, and the journey to Elysium will indeed be a grand undertaking that will take my party to unexpexted events and environments. It´s very addictive and hard to put down the controller, as I get lost in this beautiful world. And the monster design is really good, especially on those big boys that roam around. Can´t wait to not get killed by them.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Just escaped the Dreadnought and a solid boss fight with Dughall. But the real event was the climactic fight with Morag and her Blade Lady Brighid. That battle was awesome. It had an exciting build up and terrific pay off, and Morag is a compelling villain I hope to see more of in the future. Spectacular shit.

Right now I´m exploring the vast world, grinding about and lifting every stone I come across. The exploration is top notch, along with music. I have to say Mitsuda is my favourite composer in the video game biz, together with Yoko Shimomura and Keiichi Okabe, with maybe Yuka Kitamura and Jeremy Soule thrown in for good measure.

I´m about 15 hours in, and from what I can tell, this game is big and rich in content, which is just what I want right now, since I´m basically down to my last quarters. Xenoblade has this great sense of adventure all over it, and the journey to Elysium will indeed be a grand undertaking that will take my party to unexpexted events and environments. It´s very addictive and hard to put down the controller, as I get lost in this beautiful world. And the monster design is really good, especially on those big boys that roam around. Can´t wait to not get killed by them.
I really enjoy reading your updates. Your bringing back memories of how much I enjoyed that game. I really should get the DLC.

Selvaria

I’ve been splitting my time between Resident Evil 2 and Kingdom Hearts 3 on the X.

Having reached the end of KH3, I can’t say it’d recommend it. For what is supposed to be the conclusion to the saga, the story was largely uninteresting and disappointing. Gameplay is enjoyable enough though.

Resident Evil 2 on the other hand is absolutely glorious! I love just about everything about it. And I’m still replaying it over and over!

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I introduced my kids to the thrill of Downhill Domination and Burnout 3 Party Crash mode. They played it for hours on the CRT downstairs, cackling and whooping in victory. Good times.

I am also going to play through Bayonetta 1 & 2 "legit", so I need to learn more about the battle system. Specifically, dodge offsetting. I'm using Yoshesque's video, since her explanation of dodge offset is the best I've found so far.

Shifty Shifty halp this game is too complicated.

TacosNSalsa

Been doing 2 part streams of Ninja Gaiden Black on the X and Resident Evil 2 PC..I forgot how punishing a game like NGB can be if the RNG gods are not on your side. Those bosses can go into super block/dodge mode and become nigh impossible to hit even with frame perfect timing..

Kadayi

Banned
Currently half way through the second episode of the Council which is a fictive historical narrative adventure that also incorporates some RPG elements in terms of initial career choice and skill progression. I've been having a lot of fun with this game so far it has to be said and would say that if you enjoyed any of the Telltale games and/or Live is Strange then it is definitely worth a look at. There are a couple of niggles I have with it in terms of the design, for instance you can't initially skip dialogue in an episode, however if you make a new playthrough and retain the original (you have three save slots) then it will allow you. I get perhaps the rationale behind the decision but I think the developers haven't realised that some of us like to replay chapters during the initial playthrough to tryout different things versus playing the whole episode through and then repeating.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Started Gears of War 4 the other day.

Wasn't really blown away by the first level but I'm now in act 4 and things sure pick up good. Graphics are craaaazy. Looks and runs perfectly on my 970 with Gsync. Such a joy to play. MS sure took some notes from Sony/ND in terms of presentation. Bombast is over the top. I love it. :)

joombo

Banned
I like games with the element of gamble like Drakemall. Now I play it every day 'coz it's a win-win game where everyone could win cool stuff. What could be better! Just a few days ago I won wireless headprones. Now I want to win an Iphone X. Wish me good luck!

Last edited:

KINDERFELD

Banned
Just finished for the first time on PC the HD Remaster of Resident Evil, with the upscale mod. Beautiful game, one of my most played on GC.

Now for RE Revelations 1 or 2.

Bloodborne already is 1080p 30fps

True but to this date Bloodborne sufferers from abyssal frame rate pacing issues. Boost mode on the Pro helped with most of the frame rate dipping so that its now mostly a constant 30fps.

I was expecting a Pro patch that at least fixed the frame pacing issues.

I haven't been able to finish it since the game looks like its stuttering when in motion.

Its still one of the best games ever made imo and maybe with the PS5, we'll finally be able to experience it with proper frame pacing and possibly 60fps/4K with HDR.

Fox Mulder

I'm hating Uncharted 4. The story isn't grabbing me. The focus towards more stealth sucks, as you don't even get AI distraction items like Hitman or The Last of Us. The "open" levels just makes it more annoying to find the mountain of collectibles.

I loved the previous games even on crushing, but having zero fun now. I'm in a jungle stealth section where they take all your weapons away around a ton of enemies and I just want to quit.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I'm hating Uncharted 4. The story isn't grabbing me. The focus towards more stealth sucks, as you don't even get AI distraction items like Hitman or The Last of Us. The "open" levels just makes it more annoying to find the mountain of collectibles.

I loved the previous games even on crushing, but having zero fun now. I'm in a jungle stealth section where they take all your weapons away around a ton of enemies and I just want to quit.
I gave up on Uncharted 4 after the first two hours. I loved all the previous ones, including Golden Abyss.

Don't feel bad.

zenspider

Everything in my 'current' bin is postponed for upcoming patches: Odallus, Wargroove, and Travis Strikes Again: NMH.

Currently bouncing between Smash Ultimate, Dead Cells, and GOTY 19... Er.. I mean TETRIS 99.

IpsoFacto

Well, that's that. I finished Rise of the Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 late Sunday night. And I had a blast. It was a really fun action adventure game. The Xbox 360 really feels ancient at this point and while I think the UI is easier to work with than the PS4 UI, it now feels ancient and kinda outdated. I can still get most of my Games with Gold on there. But at this point, I'm not gonna play 'em.

But RoTR, downgraded graphics in the 360 still looked and played gorgeous, some clear visual sacrifices, but overall a great experience. I liked most of the game save for a few puzzles that hurt the pacing, also the last few hours completely ripped off the ending sequence of the first game. To the point where I was getting crazy deja vús. It was fun playing around with the Xbox 360 one more time.

Back to Shining Resonance Refrain on PS4 'cause I want to finish Refrain Mode.

Dthomp

I decided to delete all my Destiny 1 content and begin replaying it again. I still love it.

I also started Foul Play that has been on my hard drive for way too long, it's not bad although I'm only a couple levels into the first act.

Last edited:

Cynical_Aries

Gold Member
And why or why not would you recommend someone else to play it?

Please do not post unmarked spoilers.

I am currently playing Wolfenstein 2 on Xbox One X.

I would recommend playing it. It has surprised me with great storytelling and a mature but coherent plot. The visuals are stunning to me, and it is loaded with interesting personalities. Off the wall but good.

I do not recommend it if younger. The game is very mature in its themes and plots. This is definitely not a game for younger, not matured kids.
And why or why not would you recommend someone else to play it?

Please do not post unmarked spoilers.

I am currently playing Wolfenstein 2 on Xbox One X.

I would recommend playing it. It has surprised me with great storytelling and a mature but coherent plot. The visuals are stunning to me, and it is loaded with interesting personalities. Off the wall but good.

I do not recommend it if younger. The game is very mature in its themes and plots. This is definitely not a game for younger, not matured kids.

Subnautica on PS4,
Its a bit frustrating in the beginning, until you get some upgrades for air some upgrades to plant food. But, once you've got a few upgrades it's enjoyable.

Mr Hyde

Took a small break in order to finish Blaster Master Zero. This one is just a pure nostalgia bomb as I loved the game as a kid. And it´s a solid remake, I´ve forgotten that it is sort of a Metroidvania. The game is overall very easy and took maybe 6-7 hours to complete it. The bosses were the true highlight along with the kick ass music. Sunsoft are without a doubt the kings of 8-bit chip tune hits. I don´t think I will 100% it as the game became somewhat repetitive at the end, with little variation in gameplay. Maybe in the future when I have forgotten some of it.

JohannCK

Seeing people discuss Etrian Odyssey Nexus due to the recent NA release made me jump back in.

I'm pretty sure that it's my favourite entry in this series.

Alternating Hollow Knight, Forgotten Anne, Final Fantasy XV (for the new content in PC) and some other minor indies. Mainly Im finishing Hollow Knight, but the sudden difficulty spikes enrage me and I have to blow off steam with other games.

klosos

I started Metro Exodus , and then got an itch to play an MMO so i started FF14 , and am enjoying it so far

Last edited:
Is it good? I´m thinking of buying it cause I love the artstyle and the story seems to be good. Played the demo and enjoyed it. Is it worth a purchase?

Im not even half game in so it depends on whether you like this sort of game or not. It's BEAUTIFUL that's for sure, and the story is very interesting. Apparently, it has several endings too. I bought it for 11 euros. At that price I would say you cannot be wrong.

Another intriguing game, but this one I am just starting, is The Missing. It's something like Inside or Limbo.

By the way, there is one I highly recommend, (Steam only) its name is Bladed Fury. It's a short but truly fantastic chinese hack and slash. Right now its on sale in Steam and truly worth the purchase.

Verdanth

Since I got a PS Now beta invitation, I started playing Asura's Wrath, one of those PS3 games that I always wanted to try, but didn't had the chance.

This interactive an interactive anime at it's best. The game is basic, but man do I love those over the top action sequences.

PS: I'm really surprised how PS Now actually works pretty great.

Last edited:

Cranberrys

I"m playing RE2R on X and I have a blast. I played RE2 a lot on Dreamcast (8 times back to back), I found the Remake way harder even on Standard. I first intended to do the game on Hardcore because I wanted the Ink Ribbons for saving, but I'm glad I didn't. I'll do a hardcore run later.

Shifty

Finished RE2make, finished Dino Crisis, was going to go straight onto Dino Crisis 2 but that FFXV meltdown thread from the other day has me replaying FFXIII-3: Lightning Returns.

It's as fun and nonsensically anime as I remember. Great if somewhat opaque battle system. The framerate really takes a dump in some of the built-up city areas though...

Last edited:
Top Bottom