• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

ChuyMasta

Finished two playthroughs on Firewatch. I found all the eastereggs and hidden goodies. Great game and would totally recommend to adult gamers. Replayability is there with a commentary playthrough and Free roaming but not much after that.

I moved on to Monster boy and so far I like it. I have a feeling Zelda II could've been like Monster Boy if the right pieces were there back in 1987 and the devs had more time to work on it.

Vawn

Banned
I'm playing Final Fantasy IX on Switch. It's still a great game, but man, SE went as lazy as possible with this port.

Malmorian

Lol, too late. I just bought it on Switch. Enjoying the Civ goodness so far, but fuck me can I not find any online explanation of what the menu icon pictures mean. It’s pure guesswork. Frustrating.

If you have any questions about it feel free to PM me

kingwingin

Metro 2033. After starting up exodus and realizing the i have no idea who any of these characters are. i have decided to refresh my memory with redux while i wait for a patch to fix the dead zones in exodus.

Got "Shadow of War" for a 10 Bucks, so I "speedran" the last two Bosses of "Shadow of Mordor" and then started the story of the sequel... Man, back to back you can see, what a frickin' generational leap happened between those two, although they are just three years apart.
SoM's human character face models are outright distractingly bad... but those hideous randomly generated orcs... love them!

danielberg

Neophyte
EDF5 its my first edf i just was never interested didnt even hear about the games in any big way and the visuals didnt help either.. but now i am on board with whatever the franchise does next, ~40 missions in with ranger and holy crap what a insane game.

Last edited:

KarkarnRed

Neo Member
I am currently playing Skyrim Special Edition on PC. Using a mod called "Ordinator" that changes the perks up in a really good way. With the conjuration tree perks, you can build an army of skeletons (Literally, you need to find the bones first.) Having a blast, it's not a hard game but it is endlessly entertaining.

Mr Hyde

Been grinding out in Warframe. Played a Little bit of Fortuna that dropped recently. Looks great but I will wait till the end game for that, as well as plains of Eidolons. Right now, I´m focusing on completing as much of the star chart as possible. I soon have my 4th Warframe max ranked and I´m about to advance to MR 7.

I´m currently on the hunt for materials so I can Craft the Vauban Warframe. Got loads of weapons to Craft too. The crafting is like half the fun with this game. The only thing I don´t like with this game is the Archwing missions. They are complete shit and ruins the fun of the game, imo.

Fox Mulder

I gave up on Uncharted 4 after the first two hours. I loved all the previous ones, including Golden Abyss.

Don't feel bad.

I sucked it up and just finished, but still rank it down the list in the series.t It's paced way too slowly for an uncharted game and lacks the big action throughout.

I wonder if I should even bother with The Lost Legacy. It sounds way more about stealth, and stealth in Uncharted sucks. You don't get things to lure or distract AI, can't move bodies, and there's never any silenced weapons.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

Finished two playthroughs on Firewatch. I found all the eastereggs and hidden goodies. Great game and would totally recommend to adult gamers. Replayability is there with a commentary playthrough and Free roaming but not much after that.

I was looking to try Firewatch after I got the platinum in Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. Walking sims can be neat.

HallerWolf

Neo Member
Tales of Besaria. It's my first "Tales" game - and I haven't played many anime games in general. I don't quite know what I think of it yet.

GermanZepp

I'm 60% in red dead 2. Game of the generation for me (at least for now). The cinematic camera. The characters, the script the acting. The weather and the details are unbelievable.

Mr Hyde

16 hours in on Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Got Vandham in my party and I´m about to head off to the capital of Uraya for information on how to get to Elysium. The game still learns out new mechanics, I was in a boss fight where i was told how to use chain combos. And the game filled up the bar for me just so that I could use it. A note to game developers, please don´t do that shit. I want to earn it, especially in a boss fight.

Fucking hate these tutorials in the game, it´s like it´s written for people who have never played a jrpg - or any game for that matter - and it sucks. I´m all for inclusiveness but when it´s at the expense for more seasoned vets like myself it´s Nothin but irritating bullshit. Why can´t I turn it off and look at an in game tutorial at my own leisure?

TrainedRage

Banned
Playing Metro:Exodus right now. The game is frickin amazing. It's giving me some nice New Vegas feels. I know some people don't care for the new direction the game has gone but damn. They do Fallout better than Fallout.

I have has some of the most amazing battles in Metro. I love the locations, weapons and the story.

It also doesn't hurt that the game looks amazing.

TrainedRage

Banned
Metro 2033. After starting up exodus and realizing the i have no idea who any of these characters are. i have decided to refresh my memory with redux while i wait for a patch to fix the dead zones in exodus.
What do you mean by dead zones? I know I was having an issue where the game would crash after about an hour. This happened until I updated my Nvidia drivers.

After the update the game works great. Besides the very rare enemy rubberbanding.

kingwingin

What do you mean by dead zones? I know I was having an issue where the game would crash after about an hour. This happened until I updated my Nvidia drivers.

After the update the game works great. Besides the very rare enemy rubberbanding.
On consoles there is a deadzone on the sticks that make fine aiming very hard and give it an overall unpleasant weighted feeling. Its really noticable when jumping between exodus and redux.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Another Eden on iOS. I've heard a lot about this game. It's gotten good reviews. A F2P JRPG with quests and so forth. I haven't even touched the MTX because it plays very well starting out. I've fought two bosses so far and it plays just like a regular JRPG would. Good music, decent art, good premise, interesting bosses, and etc. I'm sure there's a catch. There's got to be a catch, but so far it's been a prettt solid experience. It doesn't exactly reinvent the wheel, but it's a refreshing take on the genre. I would put more time into it except Metro Exodus and Anthem have been pretty good.

IMG-5166.png

IMG-5167.png

IMG-5169.png

Phantom Dust.

This game is terrible. If you look up the word "clunky" there is a picture of Phantom Dust. The voice acting is really great too...

KonradLaw

After 80 hours I;m still nowhere near the end of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, but I need a short break from it, so I started Yakuza Kiwami on PC. Just played few hours yesterday and I love it, but that's no surprise, since I also loved Zero :)

chemicals

NES. Super Mario Bros. I just discovered the Jeremy Parish NES Works videos and started playing SMB1 again. I'm also simultaneously running through Vs Super Mario Bros (but it's kicking my ass). Playing on emulator with an Xbox 360 pad.

I also started running through Megaman 1 from that Legacy Collection (xbone) It feels weird. I'm going for the achievements so I will play through the whole thing. The controls just feel off. On Emulator it feels really good. A real NES on a CRT is still the best way to play though. Peace.

Steins;Gate Elite on Switch. Contrary to what a lot of people have said about the changes, I'm really enjoying it.

Last edited:

lefty1117

Gold Member
About to hit Anthem endgame. I actually enjoyed the storyline. I've started downloading the new Metro game as well. Haven't played any of them before.

Been playing Ironsight on PC a lot today. Its a really good Cod clone but more stripped back than modern Cod games. Less spawn bullshit, less scorestreak bullshit....just less bullshit in general. And it's free, bonus.

Right now I'm playing the new Blackout mode and we started our session off with a win. And I clean jumped over some dude's charging Mustang and killed the driver after during the game. Some 80s action movie stuff.

I'm hating Uncharted 4. The story isn't grabbing me. The focus towards more stealth sucks, as you don't even get AI distraction items like Hitman or The Last of Us. The "open" levels just makes it more annoying to find the mountain of collectibles.

I loved the previous games even on crushing, but having zero fun now. I'm in a jungle stealth section where they take all your weapons away around a ton of enemies and I just want to quit.
Couldn't stand that game after a few hours good riddance

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I also started running through Megaman 1 from that Legacy Collection (xbone) It feels weird. I'm going for the achievements so I will play through the whole thing. The controls just feel off. On Emulator it feels really good. A real NES on a CRT is still the best way to play though. Peace.
Yeah, I bought it on Switch and the controls just felt laggy and wrong. I was shocked. Admittedly, I haven’t touched it since, so maybe they patched it by now.

Isa

Currently trying to survive Heart Attack Simulator 2.0, uh I mean Dirt Rally 2.0 on the X. Its crazy how much of a different beast it is compared to most racers. Like holding full throttle is among the quickest ways into a spin. Each terrain surface is vastly different and I find myself judging dips and indents on the road like I would in real life. I've just went through a few night races and I was doing great until one minor error caused me to slide into a fence and busted all my headlights. It was terrifying trying to finish the race but felt very satisfying. In fact it feels great to notice the improvements I make, subtly improving times and such. I used to have trouble getting a proper drift going without loosing control but now its fairly easy. Until I got a new car.... Haha! The sounds are one of my favorite things in the game so far. The rumbles, exhaust, pops and crackles, backfires, burnouts, gravel, and even subtle locational differences like say you push the right stick down to look behind and the engine sounds clearer. Very very well done.

Also going through Death End Re:Quest, Apex and Nioh with my best friend, messing around in DoA6 demo in anticipation for the full launch with my woman, and doing daily Spelunky Challenges on PS4.

Aren117

Finally finished Borderlands 2 earlier today.

Started play Yakuza Kiwami (PC) earlier this week, and Star Wars The Old Republic (what a fun mmo, I'm surprised)

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I bought and started playing Valkyria Chronicles for Switch last night. I’ve wanted to try the game for ages. It’s on sale, plus I got extra discount with Nintendo points, so I couldn’t pass it up.

I tried the demo for VC4 briefly and wasn’t feeling it. But, for some reason, I finished my short session with VC1 last night and it left me with an “I’m going to like this game feeling”. It’s charming.

cormack12

Gold Member
Just finished AC:Origins, clocked in at seventy hours. Only complaints were one region in particular was just camps and forts and whoever designed the Light among the dunes quest and Seth Anat tomb needs a good talking to. The side quests were probably varied enough to just having enough to interest me, but not needing minutes of needless exposition.

I was going to go straight into Odyssey but I need a break now. I'm also playing through the demo of Octopath Traveler which I have questions on, and also The Way Remastered on Switch.

kingwingin

tried finishing red dead 2 this weekend. this game will destroy my chances of completing 52 games/1 year challenge. and not in a good way.

for real? an epilogue that's longer than most games released these days. decent game but its too long and holds your hand too much

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Bloodborne - took out Rom yesterday (zig zag to avoid the meteor attack!) and nearing the end of the game. i plan on playing the crap out of this this week bc my PSNow subscription expires in March

Final Fantasy IX - halfway through disc two. great game. wonderful music. played the bit where you find Ramuh in the forest on the bus this morning and it was wonderful.

StormCell

I just played through and beat Super Mario Bros. 2 in between rounds of Tetris 99. The game is still every bit as good as I remembered. For something that wasn't originally a Super Mario Bros. game, it's still interesting to see where many Super Mario enemies got their debut (ie. pokey, shy guys, bob-ombs...). Game is an NES masterpiece.

Last edited:

Verdanth

GAF help me. What should I play next?

Nier automata
Detroit: Become Human
God of War
Horizon: Zero Dawn.

Im almost finishing Killzone Shadowfall and have no clue what to tackle next. Recently I beat Kingdom Hearts 3, RE2 and Asura's Wrath.

JLB

Banned
Not a lot tbh, in a rush finishing some work related project. So just Forza Motorspot 7, finishing career. Best Forza ever. And at native 4k + fully stable 60fps on an OLED TV, a fantastic looker.

EDMIX

Finished KH3 on Proud Mode and RE2 on Hardcore for both characters, just finished Yakuza 1 remake on PS4, just started Yakuza 2 remake.

Also playing a bit of BFV MP.

EDMIX

Not a lot tbh, in a rush finishing some work related project. So just Forza Motorspot 7, finishing career. Best Forza ever. And at native 4k + fully stable 60fps on an OLED TV, a fantastic looker.

respect! I just got one of those QLED TVs by Samsung a few days ago and only really played Spiderman and Resident Evil 2 in 4k. I want to upgrade to an OLED but likely years for now when they do a PS5 pro or something lol

EDMIX

GAF help me. What should I play next?

Nier automata
Detroit: Become Human
God of War
Horizon: Zero Dawn.

Im almost finishing Killzone Shadowfall and have no clue what to tackle next. Recently I beat Kingdom Hearts 3, RE2 and Asura's Wrath.

you going IN!!!!!!!! lol

I'd say, go from shortest to longest.

Detroit 15
Nier 35
God Of War 50
Horizon 80

Those are my times (granted, I went HAM on Horizon lol)

JLB

Banned
respect! I just got one of those QLED TVs by Samsung a few days ago and only really played Spiderman and Resident Evil 2 in 4k. I want to upgrade to an OLED but likely years for now when they do a PS5 pro or something lol

QLED is fantastic anyways, not as good as OLED IMO, but barely. If you have an X, try Gears 4 on that thing... mindblowing.

Superkewl

Gold Member
Finished Crackdown 3 yesterday. Was pretty fun game, but would be pissed if I paid $79.98CAD for it, but as a game pass game, it was good. Have Stellaris Console Edition preordered, so will give that a go next.

Aces&Eights

Was playing Metro exodus until I got deep into Caspian Sea and dum-dum won't move from the cave entrance with the bats to give me a boost up. Tried everything and it seems Deep Silver's response is to "restart the chapter". Lol, um, no. I spent 6 hours going into every nook and cranny getting stuff. I am not going to do that shit again. Damn rushed game is what it is. Whelp, no more duckets of mine going into the DS purse. Now, I await for Shadows Die Twice..

RE2 Remake. Just finished Leons story, will go straight back into Claire's adventure. Funny thing is on surface level I dont like horror games because i dont like the uneasy feeling i get while playing. Like it literally defeats the purpose of gaming which should be your alone time your chill out time 🤣.

Bit I always think meh maybe i shouldn't of bought it and next thing you know with RE7, I platinumed it, finished it 4 times including hardcore/nightmare mode to collect all the trophies. Loved and hated every moment off it, its like a drug to keep going.

Mr Hyde

Had a good run on Warframe last night. Acquired two new frames, Vauban and Loki, as well as injecting my new favorite gun with a catalyst, upping the mod slots. I´m about to advance to MR 7 and I have completed Jupiter and now only have the junction left to finish, which in turn will give me new quests. I managed to scan several unlockable lore pieces and got a couple of achievements too in the process. I was out doing missions in Plains of Eidolons and advanced through the ranks to Offworlder with the Ostrons, giving me access to Rank 1 items. Damn, I fucking love this game.

Kadayi

Banned
Recently wrapped up What Remains of Edith Finch as part of the 52 games 1 year challenge. Very enjoyable albeit more of a narrative adventure versus an actual game in the strictest sense, but pretty memorable nevertheless (a walking simulator done right). Going to revisit it tonight to get the rest of the achievements. I would say based on length (it took me 2.5 hours to beat and I'm quite ponderous tbh) I wouldn't recommend it as a full price purchase, but definitely a sales purchase because it is well worth experiencing, especially using a controller.

Top Bottom