• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

EDMIX

Dayum. Pretty fleshed out game? What else is there to do? Collectibles, achievements? I thought about trying that one out. Haven’t played any AC since the first one.

Same. I got Origins and started playing it to see what Odyssey is like and man Ubisoft did a great job turning it into a RPG. I'm about 40 hours in Origins and my only regret is not playing it sooner. They go so deep into the Egyptian culture, religion, lore etc that it adds a massive layer of greatness to the game that I just wasn't expecting going in. I'll likely play Odyssey later this year and from the sounds of it, its more grand then Origins.

In Origins, you legit see folks in the fields farming, in the markets shopping, praying at temples, debating tax law in the streets lol, they game is extremely detained to the point where you are right to take a step back and just look. The artist went HAM on that game lol. Glad to hear Odyssey is so massive and full of content.

nowhat

Going through the "March Madness" sales at the PS Store, figured there had to be something I'd like.

Ended up with "Vampyr" for 20€. And... I'm actually quite liking it so far. The combat is a bit clunky, but the production values are quite high for an AA title. For the price I'm quite satisfied.

Rodolink

I skipped them on PS2 for the same reason most of us skipped them. We thought that it was a GTA clone in Japan, aka few firearms and hardly and space to drive your car. The Angry Yakuza dude in the Cover showing off his tatoos didn't help.... oh, how little did I know...!
After those, I've learned plenty of praises about the series, but still didn't dive in because.
  1. I hadn't played the original 2 games, and the graphics and eng dub were to crappy at that point to return to PS2.
  2. For nearly every game, I was hearing how they kept censoring the best parts left and right. There is not bigger hype killer than censorship.
  3. An installment released as Digital Only. I don't like buying "Services".
Thankfully, I don't regret sticking to my principles.
I've started with Yakuza 0, and now I get to enjoy the series in it's superior form, and hopefully uncensored. If they start censoring the western release of the upcoming remasters like the ps3 editions, or release them only as DLC again, I'll end my marathon on Kiwami 2 and won't go further.
I also thought it was going to be like GTA but was surprised and I love that, it's more like Shenmue one of my favorites, feels more like a spiritual succesor of it. Kind of in the same "genre"

Mr Hyde

I think I need a break from Sekiro. The last couple of hours it has been nothing but bosses. It can only get so fun when most of the bosses just are the same ones with very little variation. A bunch of samurais and old geezers swinging their katanas. And the fights go on forever, it´s so tedious. I don´t get why Miyzaki just felt the sudden need to cram in so many bosses at once, with several phases and multiple deathblow markers. It could go hours before a proper boss showed up and now towards the end they show up in numbers, in the same places that duels have been fought before. Actually the whole part with revisiting Ashina Castle has been more of a chore than actual fun. Feeling a bit salty now. Yesterday the game was so good and now it feels like shit.

OldGamer

I'm currently doing Kiwami 1 can't wait for 2 and 0. I regret so much not getting into the series since the PS2, remember seeing it on store and always saying "I'll get it later"

You're in for a treat then because I personally consider Kiwami 1 to be the worst of the Yakuza remasters simply because how much better the later ones are

I've started with Yakuza 0, and now I get to enjoy the series in it's superior form, and hopefully uncensored. If they start censoring the western release of the upcoming remasters like the ps3 editions, or release them only as DLC again, I'll end my marathon on Kiwami 2 and won't go further.

I started the same. Ignored the PS2 games and PS3 games, but was hyped near the end of the PS3 cycle because the Yakuza 0 came out and seemed to garner good attention to the franchise.

As for your concerns, Yakuza 3 will be cencored, but it was actually censored for Japan's re-release. So in this case, they are not denying foreigners anything. Kiwami 2 was actually censored as well, but mainly due to depictions of gambling, oddly enough. Also, Yakuza 3 was so bastardized in the PS3 version, getting the Japanese remaster should be infinitely better.

Assasin's Creed 3 Remastered... it's kinda nice to go back to when these games didn't have a huge map and a bunch of side quests. Connor still sucks though.

Last edited:

petran79

Banned
Finished the remaining DLC of Valkyria Chronicles 4.
Now roster is upgraded with Squad 7, Sylvaria, Crymaria, Chiara and Nikola. The last 4 especially will be mandatory for the expert missions

Poppincaps

Neo Member
Currently balancing Sekiro, Guild Wars 2, and Final Fantasy XIV. Also subbed to WoW and raiding every week with the guild, but not playing much outside of that.

Haven't had a chance to play much of anything lately, but I'm dying to try out some TMCC on my new tv. Tuesday night is gonna get real. lol
qHSeo3u.gif

KonradLaw

Almost done with Far Cry: New Dawn. Just few side missions left. Had a blast, but I wish it was longer. Gameplay wise it's still Far Cry, so it's the best open world gameplay by far and they've improved compared to FC5 by adding superpowers and bringing back stealth kills animations. The RPG elements were bad addition, but fortunatelly you quickly get strong enough weapons that enemies stop being bullet sponges.
I miss the region system, but I love expeditions. Also the story-missions are wonderful and very varied. The problems are mostly related to it's story. The side stories are great, but the twins are the weak villains, nowhere near Vaas, Pagan or Seed family. And the continuation of cult storyline was dissapoiting. Plus the music is nowhere near the masterpiece FC5's soundtrack was.
Still, it's just standalone expansion pack. And for what it is I'm more than satisfied.

Last edited:

IKSTUGA

Started Skyrim again (special edition on the X). Last time I played this was November 2011 (release month), so almost 8 years ago. Feels good to be back. Killed my first dragon and holy hell does the theme song still kick ass. I forgot how great and immersive the OST in this game is. Never played the DLCs before, so that part should be really interesting this time around as well.

Gonna start Yoshi tomorrow. I should also finish Tropical Freeze at some point, but feels of mah crocodiles and stuff kinda prevent that.

Well screw this, apparently I'm a magic player now, I made the mistake of trying MTGA. Seriously these card games are like crack to me. Already have a tier 1 deck built and already looking into others... RIP other games.

I think I need a break from Sekiro. The last couple of hours it has been nothing but bosses. It can only get so fun when most of the bosses just are the same ones with very little variation. A bunch of samurais and old geezers swinging their katanas. And the fights go on forever, it´s so tedious. I don´t get why Miyzaki just felt the sudden need to cram in so many bosses at once, with several phases and multiple deathblow markers. It could go hours before a proper boss showed up and now towards the end they show up in numbers, in the same places that duels have been fought before. Actually the whole part with revisiting Ashina Castle has been more of a chore than actual fun. Feeling a bit salty now. Yesterday the game was so good and now it feels like shit.

Same, didn't even bother with the optional bosses and went straight to the final one. Won't do NG+, game adds nothing of value to me to encourage it but a couple of different bosses and ending which Youtube will happily provide for me.

I have many issues with the game and that was one of them.

I'm playing Divinity Original Sin 2 with 2 friends online coop and let me tell you it's amazing.

Also Outward, interesting PS3 looking game.

Also Apex but slowly leaving it, battle pass needed to be better.

havent touched my PS4 or Switch in while unfortunately....

in mid playthrough of Fate of Atlantis on my computer..

i'm mostly just grinding through Pokemon White 2 on my new DS Lite

SpiceRacz

Bought Hitman Go, Tomb Raider 2013, and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided last night. Started Hitman Go and it's brilliant.

Gave up on Sekiro. After a certain point, I wasn't getting much enjoyment out of it.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

don't break my heart my achy breaky heart

maybe a break will rekindle the bonfire within you :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Kanojo23

I'm playing Zombie Shooter - Death Hospital, Hearthstone, Sims 4, Heroes of the Storm, and Bookworm adventures :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:. I play depending on my mood for the day

Athena~

Banned
Nelke and the legendary alchemists. What a treat for fans like me starting from Atelier Marie. It’s great to see them again.

As a town building game it’s very challenging but yet accessible. All reports are clear and objectives are fun. If you lose there are bonuses to start new game plus so it’s encouraging to be played multiple times.

Highly recommended can’t miss if you are a fan of the Atelier series.

Still playing Nuclear Throne on Switch. Fantastic game. No fillers, almost no load times, no narratives that break the action (just interesting lore), excellent music and sound, zero boring moments, unique character selection, many possibilities of taking down enemies, good HD rumble support, varied layouts, and amazing gun play with explosions everywhere. My kind of game. This sets the bar on how indies--and pick-up-and-play games in general--should be designed.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I'm currently playing through Borderlands 2. This is my 5th playthrough but it's probably been 6 years since I last played it. This is my first time playing as Maya and I'm enjoying my playthrough.

Currently working on Spider-Man for ps4. Absolutely in love with the combat and traversal. I would even go as far as to say I enjoy it much more than the Arkham franchise. Whoever designed those drone challenges is an ass though.

Currently working on Spider-Man for ps4. Absolutely in love with the combat and traversal. I would even go as far as to say I enjoy it much more than the Arkham franchise. Whoever designed those drone challenges is an ass though.

Low-key Spider-Man should have gotten way more goty awards for 2018. I really like God of War but what Spider-Man accomplishes is really something special. It's also way more ambitious from a technical and design standpoint. It's a all time top 3 PS4 game easily.

SpiceRacz

Finished Tomb Raider (2013 reboot) last night. It was fantastic, but not as good as Rise. Started my first playthrough of The Last of Us today.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I’m currently on my 3rd playthrough on Sekiro. I’m strangely got little addicted to this game.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Assassin's Creed Odyssey Legacy of the First Blade expansion. Halfway through the third episode. Signed up for GameFly and should get COD: Advanced Warfare and Battle Chasers Nightwar later this week while im waiting for Days Gone.

Rodolink

Just finished Yakuza Kiwami what a great game I loved it, sadly I gound out a clown guy giving free shit until the end of the game.
Then I started with FFXV been happy with it, good awe moments here and there. Btw wtf with not being able to zoom in/out female models in the logbook? Are we on stone age or what? Facepalm for Square.
Am also playing FFIX before going to bed.

Humble Bundle y u doing this? Playing Assassin's Creed Origins on PC... and fuck, my "old" 980Ti on not even Ultra-Settings and 1080p eats the PS4Pro's heart out when it comes to IQ... or maybe Origins looks just genuinly better than Odyssey.

I got a free game off XBL this month, called The Technomancer.
It is very rough visually and I read about how tough of a game it is a while ago on Steam. Still, its actually quite fun and addictive. I found the combat very hard when I started the game, but after levelling up and getting some better gear, its become much easier. I like parrying incoming attacks with the mace/shield combo. Satisfying. The characters and story are ok-ish.
Overall, I think its worth playing.

Still playing RDR2, as the sunlight peers through the trees in the morning at camp as Arthur drinks his coffee, its every bit as glorious as the first time I saw it happen in October. Hard at work to finish it off, 75% through the main story and 65% of overall completion.

Started Yoshi's Crafted World, definitely enjoyed some throwbacks to Yoshi's Story, also playing Golf Story, so much charm to this game and as you progress the mechanics become more solid when you golf.

For PSVR, still loving Honor & Duty D-Day, its fun, easy to pick up and play and becoming even better with each update.

Mexen

Bloodborne on PS4, Bravely Default on my 3DS.

I have put Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and VA-11 HALL-A on hold but I was playing those as well. I do that sometimes where I play one game on all my systems and eventually one of them overshadows the rest. In this case it is Bloodborne. But since I cannot carry my PS4 to work, I have to settle for BD (which I just figured out to play given the many different classes) on 3DS because it's portable. I realize that the Switch is portable but honestly, I prefer playing on my TV or in bed. Basically in my house. LOL

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
Started AC 3 Remastered on PS4 Pro yesterday. That'll keep me going for a couple of weeks.

So after doing some hardcore runs on Remake 2 I decided that I would finally buy the one mainline RE game I haven't played. Now granted I even liked RE5 and quite enjoyed it, I thought the mercenaries mode was quite good and enjoyed the game overall despite my quips with it. I actually got every achievo with RE5 on 360 so I'm trying to say I'm open minded to RE action games.

So I bought RE6 for PS4 and hoo boy, I fucking hate it. The weapons feel like trash, the aiming system is weird as fuck where the targeting reticle just flat out disappears after firing a shot briefly. The textures look like trash, there's just flat out low res textures everywhere, somehow the game looks worse than RE5 which was quite a good looking game at that time.

There's an enemy that spews out gas in Leon's 2nd chapter, when you shoot it there's no stagger or anything so you don't even know if you hit the damn thing. You can't even really see any bleed effects.

Sometimes the melee prompts don't fucking work when they come up leaving you to getting damaged. How you do in a fight can be totally dependent on RNG since there's very few static ammo or health drops. Sometimes an enemies will drop ammo and health making fights easier or they might drop skill points.

Good god RE6 is so fucking bad.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Axiom Verge on Switch. Tried to start it a few months ago, but I wasn’t really feeling it. Started it back up last night and, oh man, I’m about 4.5 hours in and it’s really living up to the hype. Once you start getting the different weapons is when it really gets interesting. The music is phenomenal as is the atmosphere. A perfect Metroid-style game so far.

I’ve taken a break to cook dinner, but all I want to do is dive back in. That’s when you know a game is really good.

🕹👍

Top Bottom