• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Eiknarf

Banned
May pick up Bloodborne today- not sure though as I don’t like frustratingly difficult games. Games should be fun, not insanely hard to the point that I’m doing boss fights over and over

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
May pick up Bloodborne today- not sure though as I don’t like frustratingly difficult games. Games should be fun, not insanely hard to the point that I’m doing boss fights over and over
Don't give up. Bloodborne is like eating an onion raw: lots of unpleasant layers to bite through, but at the end at least you can say "hey, I've eaten a whole onion raw".

Nizz

Picked up Borderlands: GOTY edition plus the Handsome Collection a couple of weeks ago. Played through Borderlands 1 and had a good time with it, it was my first time ever playing it. Haven't finished any of the DLC yet though, there's so much content for the price.

Now I'm playing Borderlands 2 and enjoying that as well. That looks like it has a bunch of DLC also. What I love about these remasters/ports is that they run at 60fps and also have FOV sliders. What is slightly disappointing is that Borderlands 3 is 30fps I believe on base PS4 which I have.

If I heard right the PS4 Pro may run B3 at 60fps, I may have to upgrade from my base PS4.

Picked up Hades, these type of games have become a new favorite genre of mine. It lacks the insane variety of Issac or Gungeon, but it makes the runs much tighter and more focused. You can actually kind of make builds instead of depending on random weapon drops. If you are into these types of games I'd say it's worth the $20, even in early access. I heard someone describe it as an isometric Dead Cells, and that kinda fits.

Will probably dig into Pathfinder finally tonight. Gonna just run a ranger/archer build. I've never played Pathfinder before, but it looks similar enough to old school DnD that I can fake it till I make it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I finished Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy today and was debating another attempted play through of Final Fantasy X-2.

I beat the game on the PS2 when it first released, but have tried several times since then to get into it and have failed. I've started a playthrough on the PS3, PS4, Vita, and now will possibly try the Switch version. The Vita attempt I made it the farthest, just because it was portable so I'm thinking the Switch might finally be the system to crack it for me.

I also need to finish Pokemon Let's Go Eevee, so maybe I'll dive into that again first.

Clarissa

Banned
Playing and enjoying Days Gone.

5/10? Get out of here! It's a solid 7.5/10 Imho.

And I have a huge backlog to conquer after this.

DQ XI
DMC 5
RDR 2
Ni No Kuni 2
Sekiro

-_-

Last edited:

Orenji Neko

Still my usual games for now:

Monster Hunter World (PC) - I've already "completed" it, but I still just play and play...

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate (Switch) -Kind of the same here, but this game has an unbelievable amount of content. These kinds of things just never end for me really.

Other than that:

Phantasy Star 2 (Genesis) -In the last stretch, just doing some level grinding and gearing up my party. Been a while since I did this part but like most parts of this game, the gear and levels are very important as well as strategy.

Resident Evil 2 Remake (PC)

Last edited:

3March

Banned
Darksiders 3: I actually think the combat's excellent in this game. A hybrid between Bayonetta, and Souls. It's all about getting into a good rhythm with the enemy, and is very satisfying. I'd recommend.

V

Vader1

Unconfirmed Member
Prey Mooncrash, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger, Sonic Adventure 2, and Smash 5.

sublimit

Banned
I'm getting back finishing Ni no kuni 2 after leaving it on hiatus for far too long (i had bought it and first started playing it on release day but i got sidetracked).

Apex Legends which I've recently gained a newfound appreciation for after not being too hot on it when it first came out on PS4. On PC it's smoooooth. Although I'm playing exclusively with randos as I'm a PC Norman No-mates. Some days are better than others but often times I get matched up with a couple of Leeroy Jenkins that hot drop, die instantly and DC or they just bugger off to the other side of the map then complain when they die alone and miserable.

Also been playing A Hat in Time. Still early on, with maybe 2 bosses done. It's pretty fun so far but I don't like not being able to point the camera down. Seems it levels off at straight ahead then you have to pull the camera back and hope you can see what's below you. Thankfully it's a very forgiving game so far so it's not a deal breaker but if the game were more challenging then I'd probably be pissed.

GC_DALBEN

Im playing RAGE 2 and im loving it, great combat playing on hard/nightmare dificulty, its not on the same lvl as doom but its pretty good :).

Rage 2. Ugly as fuck. Some of the scenarios look last gen to be honest. Lots of blocky buildings. It feels like a cheap far cry new dawn rip off with doom gameplay.

A plague tale. I'm surprised by how much i'm enjoying this game. It's very linear so it doesn't waste your time. The story is interesting. I'm enjoying the relationship between the siblings. It's baby stealth with all the baby stealth tropes. Enemies are nearly blind/deaf/dumb and are always looking the other way. Tall grass makes you invisible. It's a very good looking game.

Days Gone. I'm burned out by now. It's a good game but way too long. Hordes are visually cool but get old fast.

kunonabi

Up to chapter 9 in Evil Within 2. Cant say it's all that great which is a shame because chapter 3 seemed pretty promising.

renzolama

I'm spending a lot of my gaming time on replays or backlog items leftover from before the games-as-a-service craze - you know, when games had meaningful exploration/progression within the context of their universe and satisfying conclusions.
  • just finished Mass Effect 3, now replaying Witcher 2 for my rpg fix (never finished the final chapter when it originally released)
  • slowly making my way through Days Gone
  • Sekiro for an hour or two several times a week when I feel mentally fresh to try hard
  • Rage 2 for mindless fps combat when I'm in the mood
I don't really push hard to finish a single game quickly anymore, usually have several games going across genres that I pick from depending on my mood. Being an adult gamer with a huge library is great.

kiiltz

Been playing the original Ace Attorney trilogy on Switch. Currently on the second one.

The games are actually mad fun and I'm guessing this is where Danganronpa got their inspiration from. It's kind of resparked my interest in courtroom drama and now I want to watch Law and Order and some other movies.

Batman Arkham Asylum

The game still holds up pretty well, in spite of the better looking sequels. It's extremely well paced and even if you deign to go after all the Riddler challenges you won't be overwhelmed with endless icons on the map for dozens of hours. The music is immersive, the combat does a good job of making you feel like the batman is kicking ass with well-timed combos and situational awareness and the stealth scenarios give you plenty of tools to never feel conned into playing an "optimal" way. Not a fan of the scarecrow sections and the boss fights are serviceable but those slights are hardly noticeable in what is otherwise a fantastic game.

KonradLaw

Yakuza Kiwami 2 on PC. Took a while to get used to one-style combat syhstem, but now I'm fine with that and I love the other improvements. Plus being finally able to walk in FPP is just plain incredible.

Finished Rage 2 in less than a couple of days. Returned it. Now? Not sure. Maybe I'll buy A Plague Tale when I can, since it's been getting such great reviews.

I should probably finish RE2 though.

Last edited:

Thurible

Pokemon Crystal, I am going to battle Ghost gym leader Morty soon, but first I am probably going to unnecessarily grind and evolve a bunch of pokemon that are in my pc.

I also recently bought Deus Ex: Human Revolution for the Wii U. I hear it is kind of a stealth game so I'm not really sure how I'll go about it. Usually I kind of mess up in those kinds of games and then just go hog wild with the enemies. Like with MGS 5 I'm able to hide for a while but I almost always get spotted on way or another so I just kill them and take cover and repeat the process.

kunonabi

Finished evil within 2 and that was a real waste of time. Might start my replay of Yakuza 4 so I can finally get to Yakuza 5 and 6.

IpsoFacto

I've been playing Valkyria Chronicles 4 for quite some time. I'm about 30 hrs in and I have a few things to say.
- I'm not not a fan of the main protagonist, but I'm happy that there are missions he doesn't have to sit in the tank;
- One of the main characters, Raz, is baffling in the sense in that, on the one hand, he's the typical blowhard hot headed shoot first, ask questions later-type of guy but on the other, and without getting into spoilers, how he has not been court-marshalled and dishonorably discharged yet!?
- the Grenadier class is a double edge sword, it's certainly a welcomed addition but on the other hand, it kinda breaks the game in some missions;
- adding squad stories is great idea to flesh out these characters because the original game largely focused on the main four characters and the side characters were just that, background filler;

I also keep coming back to Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise to finish a few leftover side missions.

Frizzie

Banned
I also recently bought Deus Ex: Human Revolution for the Wii U. I hear it is kind of a stealth game so I'm not really sure how I'll go about it. Usually I kind of mess up in those kinds of games and then just go hog wild with the enemies. Like with MGS 5 I'm able to hide for a while but I almost always get spotted on way or another so I just kill them and take cover and repeat the process.

I played Deus Ex: Human Revolution last year and absolutely loved it. The stealth is done really well but you are given the tools to tackle the game however you like. Adam (the protaganist) has all manner of augmentations he can add to his body to approach the game in your preferred fashion.

I would say playing it as stealthly as possible with some lethal kills thrown in when required is the most fun way to go. You get more satisfaction from bypassing as many obstacles as possible with the help of your augmentations and weapons.

Also a mention to the hacking process in this game which is a lot of fun.

I don't think you will regret your buy. I will definitely get Mankind Divided for the PS4 in the future as I enjoyed HR so much.

EDIT: Reading your post again I don't think the stealth is anywhere near as unforgiving as the MGS games I have played. I found Deus Ex just gave me so many options to circumvent or take on enemies and obstacles.

Last edited:

GreenAlien

Assassins Creed Unity
-Nice Graphics
-bad performance
-bad controls
-nice story missions
-busywork side content
-the online features/coop stuff no longer works. (might just be me)

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Assassins Creed Unity
-Nice Graphics
-bad performance
-bad controls
-nice story missions
-busywork side content
-the online features/coop stuff no longer works.

Shit, really? They shut down the servers for it? I was hoping to knock out the single MP trophy within the next few days.

Pidull

Star Wars: KOTOR

I'm replaying it for the first time in ages and forcing (haha) myself to play Dark side. I don't know what it is about games like this but I have a hard time choosing evil paths unless I completely dissociate myself from the actions I'm taking.

Game is still excellent. The combat and world detail isn't anything special, but Bioware used to write some really interesting characters and plot threads.

Last edited:

dilbag

zombie nazi trilogy, Most likely will start sniper elite 4 this weekend and debating on picking up the division 2 soon.

GreenAlien

Shit, really? They shut down the servers for it? I was hoping to knock out the single MP trophy within the next few days.
I looked into it a bit and it might just be something on my end... I get "connection failed 0xb0050002" even if I disable my firewall completely, whenever i try to start a coop mission or try to open "play together" or "my brotherhood"... but there are still people exchanging usernames on steam forums, so i guess it works for them. Achievements work for me, as does buying items with those "Uclub points" you get sometimes..

Last edited:
I'm currently "coaching" playing 1v1 against a small group of close friends in Starcraft 2 matches. I'm not a master at the game. Hell, with my skittishness I'm scared of bronze league. I'm glad that even after around 20 games vs each of them showing them mechanics...and them learning quickly...I've still won every single game. I had a close call with a full on BC tactical jump into my main, but I had mass void rays with prismatic alignment ready to go.

I'm just happy that despite my limited and less than stellar skills, I am able to help friends get better at a game that they now love. I have no doubt they'll turn the tables soon and start whipping on my ass. Immortal juggling and nydus play will only get me so far.

Top Bottom