• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

kunonabi

Dropped Nioh after six stages. I just have too many other games to get to and as much as like the combat I really don't want so spend so much time on one game right now.

I started my replay of Yakuza 4 so that I can finally get to 5 and 6. Man, I forgot just how much different it was. Still digging it though, even if it is a blurry, washed out mess.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I’m currently playing Shovel Knight on Switch and let me just say...

...whomever’s idea it was to make checkpoints/savepoints breakable by accident and rendered unusable and not explain this clearly in the game is a fucking EVIL cunt in league with the DEVIL and can go jump in a FIRE.

I’ve been stuck on this stupid bit for ages. Jump across dropping platforms over death spikes with a snow wizard dumping snowflake/ninja stars on my head and a swooping fishbird diving back and forth and if I fuck up, it’s back two checkpoints ago because some game designers are fucking retarded.

And I was so enjoying the game up until now.

0/10 to the depths of HELL with you.

IpsoFacto

Valkyria Chronicles 4

Almost near the end. While VK4 was not as good as the original, I have to admit that it certainly knows how to keep the story going and throwing a few curveballs.
Some of these battles in the final chapters are hard as f*** (but with a little of trial and error, some are actually a cake walk). And the enemy grenadiers sometimes make thing more frustrating than challenging. If they ever get around to making a new VK game they better tweak this particular class.

I'm happy that they made a lot of dramatic changes to the AP on classes, including Sniper, which in the first game were almost unusable and worthless. Same with Shocktroopers and Lancers.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Wish I could play something right now. I have a lot of games to play. But I am so depressed and down lately, I don't even have the will to live lately, let alone play games. :messenger_pensive:
Listen to some The Smiths. Always cheers me up.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Thanks man. Will give it a listen. Haven't listened to anything Morrissey related in a while
It was a joke. The Smiths are renowned for being depression’s best friend. Still cool though.

I hope you are ok. Nothing serious, I hope?

Virex

Banned
It was a joke. The Smiths are renowned for being depression’s best friend. Still cool though.

I hope you are ok. Nothing serious, I hope?
I'll be okay. I go through these phases from time to time. It's just sometimes worse than others. But i'll fell better hopefully sooner rather than later

Bouncing between mk11, sword art online fatal bullet, and forza horizon 4 on Xbox one x. I don't have much free time these days for gaming so I gravitate towards multiplayer games. Still have horizon zero Dawn, red dead and sekiro in the back catalogue 😅

Still playing Dark Souls 3.
Right now, I finally got around to start a pure-faith build.

I have many different builds, but this is my first pure faith build.

One of the previous builds I really enjoyed was "Hulk". Big and green. Strength build. No armor except loincloth.
For weapons either using caestus or great club. The great club looks like a tree trunk so I think it fits with a Hulk
cosplay.
That one was fun.

For next, I am thinking of playing as a smurf. Big and blue. White hat and white underwears. But what weapon should a smurf use?

Did I say I have about 30 games I havent even started yet on the PS4 due to DS3 taking all my time? :)

Damn I completely forgot about dark souls 3 once sekiro came out. I gotta get back this at some point

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Playing Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition on the Switch. I've played the full game and really enjoyed it, and I did the first (free) chapter on my phone but couldn't get used to the touch controls. Enjoying it on the Switch so far, am almost half way through.

I've been thinking of picking up Sword Art Online Hollow Realization Deluxe which just came out on the Switch. This looks like a game I would really enjoy, but I've never played a Sword Art game before. Am I going to be lost by the story? Someone sell me on this game, or try and talk me out of it.

Last edited:
Trying to play through witcher 3 again. Installed a few mods. But gameplay is not clicking with me.

Same with God of War. Loved the game on my first playthrough. Now on newgame+ i'm not feeling it.

I've been playing Just Cause 4 too. The game doesn't look as ugly as before. Can't tell what has changed. It's mindless fun with pretty explosions.

Trying to play through witcher 3 again. Installed a few mods. But gameplay is not clicking with me.

Are you playing Ghost Mode or Enhanced Edition? From what i've understood, Ghost Mode is a vastly better vanilla experience while Enhanced Edition is a completely different experience from vanilla. I'm interested in Enhanced Edition, one of the aspects of it that interest me in particular is the completely overhauled combat system.

From what i've understood, the soft automatic lock on is removed, and you need to manually aim everything, which fundamentally seem fit for a mouse/keyboard setup.

With Elsweyr out on PC now I've hopped back into Elder Scrolls Online. ESO is still my favorite MMO. It was a bit rough when it first came out (I still liked it though) but over the years they have done a great job of improving things and there certainly is no lack of content being added.

Are you playing Ghost Mode or Enhanced Edition? From what i've understood, Ghost Mode is a vastly better vanilla experience while Enhanced Edition is a completely different experience from vanilla. I'm interested in Enhanced Edition, one of the aspects of it that interest me in particular is the completely overhauled combat system.

From what i've understood, the soft automatic lock on is removed, and you need to manually aim everything, which fundamentally seem fit for a mouse/keyboard setup.
I'm using smaller mods. Visual effects, camera, etc Not overhauls.

I'm reading the enhanced edition features. Interesting. But i don't want to start over.

Pachi72

I have been playing Dead Cell the most on my Switch. I beat it on Normal. Hard mode is fucking punishment. But so addicting...I have like maybe 300 hours into it.

I just had my first playthrough with......
images

And I literally ended up in jail for being in debt after getting 3 citations on the same day (it was my second day in the job). My son got sick and I couldn't even pay for his medicine
floyd.png
worst part was the last moment of the day ended up in a terrorist attack where some dude jumped over the border, threw a dynamite bomb, and got shot in the process.....GLORY TO ASTORTSK!

SpiceRacz

Started Graveyard Keeper and got maybe 3 hours in before I put it down for good. I'm not sure why, but the game feels really fucking tedious compared to Stardew Valley. Has anyone else played it? Curious to get other people's thoughts.

Since Friday night every night: Spider-Man (PS4) - This game is awesome! But I can't play it without noise cancelling headphones. My Pro is trying to get recognized by NASA for its propellingpower...and sound... holy shit, this thing gets loud. even God of War or AC Odyssey did not get its fan to fuck itself that bad.

And always a little bit of MK11 - Still love it and fuck yeah Spawn vs. Groovybruce!

Rodolink

Finished FFXV and the 3 DLCs. Overall I loved the game, but it has very rough edges, that my fanboyism wanted to ignore., Graphics sometimes where horrible (base PS4 though) and framerate as well. Gameplay was solid, although sometimes frustrating specially the X damn button for everything. Worst offender though imo was the story pacing and overall narrative direction, felt most of the time wrong, (shots being too fast or slow where they shouldve been otherwise).
Riding Chocobos feels super juicy and fun. they really feel alive. But best jawdropping part was Ignis episode, controls feel way more fluid and fun, and the storyline was the best.

Now casually started Mortal Kombat XL for a change of pace, a friend lend it to me so im just drilling through story mode before the weekend.

And when the weekend comes... Yakuza Kiwami 2 :messenger_sunglasses:

IpsoFacto

Playing Valkyria Chronicles 4's post-game content. There's a lot of it. Also finished the Beach DLC. Cracks me up that you can have characters wearing swimsuits when more than half of the game takes place during winter time.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Divinity Original Sin 2.

it's start to click but really i have no idea what i'm meant to be doing lol. i've escaped the first area and now at the marsh area. feel like i've missed a lot of stuff already.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
fell asleep at 8pm lol and woke up at 5:55am. gonna stay up for a few hours before i go back to sleep again.

played an hour of Nioh and now it's raining outside, gonna sit in the hammock on the porch and play Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze for a minute.

Bani

State of Decay 2
Surviving in this game is only possible if you think three times where you go and how to equip yourself, one great survival game, I mean the best in the genre

ROMhack

fell asleep at 8pm lol and woke up at 5:55am. gonna stay up for a few hours before i go back to sleep again.

played an hour of Nioh and now it's raining outside, gonna sit in the hammock on the porch and play Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze for a minute.

That sounds great tbh

Bennettt2

Ace Combat 7 in VR.

All excited, getting ready for my first takeoff, looking around the cockpit ... launch!

stomach drops.

Can't do more than 5 minutes of the game in VR.

Can definitely feel the immersion, though.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Playing Timespinners now on Switch and it´s so goddamn fun. Beautiful SNES-inspired pixel art, kick ass soundtrack that is reminiscent of Castlevania, cool weapons, bosses and exploration. It is literally Symphony of the Night without being Symphony of the Night. Fucking love these 16-bit retro games that are starting to pop up. Much better than the 8-bit retro trend that´s been going on now for a while.

I´m also soon finished with Shakedown Hawaii and it´s Another gem, albeit a Little repetitive to be a true Classic. Still very fun with a 2D GTA. But seriously, Timespinners is so far GOAT 2019 for me, it rocks my socks so hard.

The Banner Saga:
Love the graphic style and the Old Norse setting.
At higher difficulty the game becomes really complex, especially the fights in turn.
The story is intriguing and having the power of anyoccasion to give different developments to the storyline will bring you to replay it over and over again.
I highly recommend this!

Top Bottom