• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Samurai Shodown on PS4 thanks to the gamecollection sending mine out early. I have no real history with the series outside of a few 10p coins going into the old arcade versions here and there but I'm already very fond of it. It looks gorgeous and is kind of a mix between the visuals of Street Fighter 4 and Okami. Controls are very responsive though the load times are a tad more than I would have liked in between games. Might not be an issue on the pro, X or PC. It's going to take some time to be able to instinctively use some of the systems such as disarming and blade catching but I'm very excited to learn. I can't wait to see tournament play, I think it's going be tense as fuck and very cool to watch.

If you're after a new fighting game, check it out.

Fhvfjbe.png

GeekyDad

Playing Persona Q2. On third movie. Having a lovely time. Like the first PQ, it's an all-in romp. They really put everything into this game in terms of investing in the dialogue and such. It's silly as all fuck, but great for it.

Saber

Gold Member
Crash Team Racing.

Damn, this game is so beautifull. The adventure mode missions are sure a challange.

IpsoFacto

So I started playing Lords of the Fallen, because I wanted to dip my toes into the hack & slash dark fantasy genre. And sadly, same with my very brief playthrough of Dark Souls 2, I just put it down after three attempts. This type of game is just not for me.

Setting aside the dificulty, which this game is from I'm told nowhere near the same ballpark as the DK franchise, Bloodbourne and the likes...Setting aside the difficulty, the technical issues are all over the map (audio missing in cutscenes) and even the awkwardness of the controls make it a difficult game to enjoy, even if you beat a tough opponent.

I can play Bayonetta and I can play Devil May Cry for days on end but I just can't get into these specific hack & slash games. :messenger_pensive:

Started up The Sinking City, I'm a big whore for anything Lovecraft related. It looks terrible, and the combat is atrocious, but the mystery solving aspect of it and the Mythos plotline are enough to keep me interested so far.
You compile clues and cross reference them with stuff to come to conclusions (not necessarily correct ones!) in a way that I've not seen before, it's kinda neat.
Graphics and gameplay are straight early 360, and in some areas even worse. Insanity effects are interesting. It started out as an annoying fishlens effect, but I've seen some other crazy stuff too.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
A lot of it is rust I’m sure, but damn the Spider-man DLCs are way harder than I remember the base game being. I’ve ended up just dropping difficulty a notch in general and all the way down for the combat challenges. I hate those, but there some story bits and trophies attached.

The Screwball challenges are especially awful and annoying. I’m on the final chase to catch her and gave up after several tries as it was late. Going to give it 30 minutes max in a bit and just skip it if I can’t get it done. Ready to see the story through and move on.

bArTl3bY

Destiny 2 on PS4...can't wait for cross save. Won't have to manage two sets of guardians anymore.

Borderlands 2 on PS4, working through the series again before 3 comes out.

Nioh on PS4, picked that up during the last PSN sale. Having fun with it so far.

Those are the main three at the moment, plus tons of short backlog sessions. Need to get back into Siege on PC now that the new season has started.

Switch: Mega Man 11 (US Import)
Playstation 4: Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator 2
Xbox One: Banjo-Kazooie

Fairly simple games, but they should easily tide me over until Mario Maker 2's release on Friday! Mega Man 11 is much better than I thought it was gonna be too! Also ordered a physical copy of Furi for the PS4, the Limited Run Games print.

Last edited:

zenspider

Bloodstained. The OT got me hype, and so far IGA delivers. It legit feels like a remaster of a lost PS2 Symphony (though really Aria) follow-up.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Finished up the Spider-man DLC and now playing Detroit: Become Human. Really enjoying it so far.

TheHTIC

Neo Member
I'm playing Spec Ops: The line and Mass Effect 2

why? They're both great games with great stories and just randomly picked 2 games out of my collection to go through again.

why not? No reason not to. of course they're mature games buut greagreat single player experiences and I hate multiplayer

IpsoFacto

Well, I put Lords of the Fallen down. Hopefully someone on Ebay you will enjoy this game more than I did. I'm back to Valkyria Chronicles 4. I wanna A-rank all the missions. I got a few left and then I'll hit up Yakuza Kiwami 2 real soon.

Ulysses 31

Breath of the Wild on Master Quest difficulty. Just when I thought of myself as some sort of mini god after getting the Master Sword, The Master Trails DLC put me in my place... >.>

Gonna have to postpone till have I have more hearts.

marcb

Neo Member
Just got me a 2080ti and Odyssey+ VR headset.. So I'm playing SkyrimVR and Elite Dangerous.

Flat games, Division 2, FC5 New Dawn and Rage 2

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I just picked up Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami in the Steam sale. First go at the Yakuza series for me.

I’m about 1.5 hours into Yakuza 0 and I can tell I am going to like this. My only gripe so far is the battle system feels a bit janky and confusing to come to grips with, but I am sure I’ll enjoy it more once it opens up and becomes second nature.

F31 Leopard

Right now juggling Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, Fitness Boxing, Bloodstained: RotN and Warriors Orochi 4. Trying to beat Bloodstained before God Eater 3 releases.

ruvikx

Banned
Witcher III on Xbox One S, with all the DLC. It runs really nicely considering the platform (so far) & Gwent is still as addictive as ever + I enjoy earning the achievements. I've already played this game (to varying extents) on a base PS4, a PC with a GTX 1080 & I7 8700 CPU & now the One S.

IMO the differences between the platforms aren't so huge. The PC version at 1440p ultra definitely didn't look like a different game or a generation ahead of the other two, that's for sure.

pxlwrld

Neo Member
Been playing Human Revolution (for the Xth time) and Mankind Divided (1st time, including all DLCs) back to back these past weeks.

Absolutely blown away by the jump in quality from HR to MD. HR somewhat felt like a drag 2/3rds through the title, but the story always keeps me going at that point. MD on the other hand.. Wow! It got better and better right until its abrupt conclusion.
Visuals, Gameplay, Narrative Presentation, Sidequests.. It all got amped to 11 in MD. Walking into the TF29 HQ or Golem City for the first time - my jaw hit the floor. Just wow!

What a shame we will not get a sequel anytime soon, perhaps ever.

Frizzie

Banned
Been playing Human Revolution (for the Xth time) and Mankind Divided (1st time, including all DLCs) back to back these past weeks.

Absolutely blown away by the jump in quality from HR to MD. HR somewhat felt like a drag 2/3rds through the title, but the story always keeps me going at that point. MD on the other hand.. Wow! It got better and better right until its abrupt conclusion.
Visuals, Gameplay, Narrative Presentation, Sidequests.. It all got amped to 11 in MD. Walking into the TF29 HQ or Golem City for the first time - my jaw hit the floor. Just wow!

What a shame we will not get a sequel anytime soon, perhaps ever.
Really pleased to read your thoughts on Mankind divided.

I played Human Revolution on PS3 last year and loved it. I got really involved in it's story and world. Mankind Divided is dirt cheap and I couldn't figure out why so I was a bit suspicious about the game. To hear you enjoyed it even more than HR makes it a must buy for me.

game_nomad

Killer7 on PC. It is old PS2 title that was ported recently. The game is violent, dark and eerie. It is a mix between shooter and adventure. Amazing

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished Gears Of War, Gears Of War 2, Gears Of War 3 so now I'm onto Gears Of War Judgement :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

game_nomad

Wasn't Killer 7 on GameCube first before it came to PS2? :unsure:

You are correct, my mistake. It was initially released on Gamecube and later on PS2

Javthusiast

Banned
The usual sessions with overwatch or fortnite and also CTR Nitro Fueled. And need to finish the countless games I have started like rdr2, the last couple spider man challenges that I have left, a plethora of ps plus games. Ton of psn games I bought.

It never ends. xD

Paltheos

Finished my Nightmare NG+ run of Trails of Cold Steel last night. NG+ Nightmare is a ton easier than NG Normal. Knowing how all the systems work in the game and having the resources to frontload all your damage trivializes the encounters.
Allot's been said about this game, but I think Falcom really needs to be praised for the sound design in the final encounter. The switch from the typical piano, string, and/or rock to the techno in the final fight fits how turned on its head everything has become. The hard metal on metal crashes (physical metal) together with the typical sound byte the game plays when landing a critical hit and the distorted character screams is intensely satisfying (the animation on the crits is more embellished too). The piano and synth mixed in with the BGM are really good. Top 10 Anime Betrayals for sure.
100% done with Cold Steel. Got all the chievos. Finished around 130 hours after all was said and done. I spent 90+ on my first playthrough doing and talking to everyone. Such a great game. Falcom and XSeed really worked their hearts out on it.
PS: Dance partner is Laura as she's best girl. Waifu ranking in this game is pretty easy. Laura>Emma>Fie>Alisa is pretty clear. Things become a little more complicated when you veer outside of Class VII students. Sara is near or at the top, Claire is high, Towa mid.

Started Cold Steel II this morning, carrying over my level 80, A0 rank save data for max rewards. :3 Opinions I've seen on 2 vary allot, so I don't know what to expect. Only finished the prologue so far but I'm not impressed yet. I like the boss fight at the end though.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Finished Metro 2033 Redux and just started Last Light Redux.
Metro 2033 was a solid shooter. Played through on probably the default difficulty: Survival + Normal Ranger. Definitely can see the appeal of playing on Ranger Hardcore but I think I would be more frustrated than anything else. (Sneaking past all the Librarians...not my cup of tea).

NikuNashi

Here's the game I am not playing because of my newborn baby. RE2 remake. Damn I so want a weekend to myself alone in my house with the curtains closed.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
FFIX PS4.

I purchased it 2 years ago and only got the hang of it.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

OMG I was so wrong not wanting to buy and play this game at launch. It is the best Tomb Raider game for me since Underworld and easily the best Tomb Raider game in the new trilogy. Don't even get me started on GFX, art and level design, it's such a HUGE step up from even Rise that it's just unbelievable. I'm literally having an eyegasm every time I launch this game cuz it looks absolutely stunning in 1440p all maxed on PC (except RTX, lens flares and stuff like that cuz I want my games to look clean) and I already have almost 1,500 screenshots with 50% of game completion:messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Already bought artbook and can't wait to get my hands on it.

Last edited:

Rodolink

After Nier gestalt, which I loved. Great music. Didn't know it would be so inspired by Ico/Sotc aesthetics. Its basically a Zelda game.

I started Nioh. Just got to the first boss. I think it's great. Has good game design and gameplay feels solid. Currently stuck at the first boss in the burning ship -_-.

Top Bottom