• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
GTA: San Andreas

For the first time. Game feels more like an RPG than a classic Action Adventure. Guess it's quite amazing when you like to spend a lot of time in the game world and get engrossed by it but if you're like me and just want to progress with the story it can be a bit frustrating because of what you have to do to even unlock some of the missions.

Still, it's a great game. Such a huge jump from Vice City when it come to sheer mission varity. I'm around 70 missions in and barely one Mission felt like the other. Didn't really expect that to be honest.

CoachFeratu678

Neo Member
I'm playing Call of Cthulhu because I'm sick and tired of waiting for Eternal Darkness 2 :p

Seriously though it's a good game. I really like how consequential every skillpoint spent feels, when you can tell which opportunities you're missing in the story because you have only a rudimentary understanding of psychology or strength. I also like games that are methodical and involved without being tedious like JRPGs. It's a really engaging period piece for the kind of person that likes to really get into the story of a game.

HotPocket69

Banned
GTA: San Andreas

For the first time. Game feels more like an RPG than a classic Action Adventure. Guess it's quite amazing when you like to spend a lot of time in the game world and get engrossed by it but if you're like me and just want to progress with the story it can be a bit frustrating because of what you have to do to even unlock some of the missions.

Still, it's a great game. Such a huge jump from Vice City when it come to sheer mission varity. I'm around 70 missions in and barely one Mission felt like the other. Didn't really expect that to be honest.

Which version?

HotPocket69

Banned
On PC.

I'm surprised it's the wonkiest port. In GTA3 and Vice City I had much less issues after installing the standard mod pack. In San Andreas even after that I often have some issues. Luckily nothing too game breaking.

Does the PC version include the full licensed soundtrack? I know later ports removed a bunch of the songs. I’m guessing there’s a mod out there that puts em all back in if need be?

The songs they chose for the radio stations in that game...good lord. Might beat out Vice City for me.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Does the PC version include the full licensed soundtrack? I know later ports removed a bunch of the songs. I’m guessing there’s a mod out there that puts em all back in if need be?

The songs they chose for the radio stations in that game...good lord. Might beat out Vice City for me.
Not sure honestly. Didn't really pay attention to that. Soundtrack is amazing even if there are some missing tracks.

jadefire66

Well, fuck. My Arcanum playthrough just came to an end after a game breaking bug :( I've tried everything... googling it, using cheats, trainers, save editors... nothing works. I'm out of ideas and probably going to give up on it. RIP

Edit: I found a workaround, right after I posted this haha. Hope I won't run into any more bugs...

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
On PC.

I'm surprised it's the wonkiest port. In GTA3 and Vice City I had much less issues after installing the standard mod pack. In San Andreas even after that I often have some issues. Luckily nothing too game breaking.
I tried playing SA on PC recently and it kept crashing on the same cutscene near the beginning of the game. Over and over again. Could not fix it. I ended up giving up in frustration.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I’m about 3/4 through Battletoads & Double Dragon on the NES. It’s my first time playing it. It’s got a few interesting concepts.

salva

Squad. Apart from some of the crap changes they've made, it's the only decent game.

Last edited:
Playing some GTAV to to really push my new cooler and get some use out of my G-Sync Monitor. Also delved back into FFV though, because why not?

Pp7u7q0.png

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
lol i keep trying to come back to Dark Souls 2. and i keep dying over and over in that wretched Forest of Fallen Giants. i can't even get started leveling up, whenever i make 1,000 souls, i get killed by some rando and lose them all and rage quit. the most frustrating early game ever.

i also had a new game of Sekiro going on. so after i got frustrated with the first level of DS2 i loaded it up and beat The Owl in one go. fuck Dark Souls 2.

Helios

lol i keep trying to come back to Dark Souls 2. and i keep dying over and over in that wretched Forest of Fallen Giants. i can't even get started leveling up, whenever i make 1,000 souls, i get killed by some rando and lose them all and rage quit. the most frustrating early game ever.

i also had a new game of Sekiro going on. so after i got frustrated with the first level of DS2 i loaded it up and beat The Owl in one go. fuck Dark Souls 2.
How do you beat Owl first time but die in Forest of the Fallen Giants? :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Pummeloff

Neo Member
- Mordhau (PC): epic (and funny) medieval sword fights and conquering castles
- Multilotto (PC): just playing for fun because guessing the right numbers is always exciting. Also available as App
- Diablo 1 HD (PC): the remake of the legendary Diablo where you fight monsters and level up

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Decided to finish up my replay of NSMBU (had played it on Wii U). Hit the credits and then looked up the few secret exits I'd missed to get the 2nd save file star. That will do it for me as I have zero patience for hunting down star coins to do the harder extra levels. I have collectibles. I played a little of the Luigi game and wasn't feeling it--I'm pretty burnt out on platformers after finishing NSMBU and playing a fair amount of Mario Maker 2 (100% the story mode and played a decent amount of user levels).

Going to play some Path of Exile now. Probably mess around with that, Borderlands Presequel with a buddy and some Mario Maker 2 here and there for the most part until the September wave of games I want to play hits.

Edit: Or not for Path of Exile tonight as it's down for maintenance. Haven't touched Smash Ultimate in a while, will mess around with that a bit before bed.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Played a few hours of Path of Exile today. Finished up Act 2 and did a couple missions in Act 3. I continue to be impressed with how solid this is for a free to play game and how there's pretty no prompts to spend money and no pay wall barriers (at least yet anyway-and I'm 13ish hours in).

bender

What time is it?
A lot of Rocket League grinding out Rocket Pass 3 (282 levels in) and getting the summer event items. I'll be happy when that comes to a close in the next few days and I can shelf the game until the next rocket pass starts up. I did manage to earn champion ranks in Hockey and Rumble again this season. To a lesser extent I'm doing the same thing with Overwatch while the Summer Games event is live. It feels like I play both of the games more for collecting items than love of the games these days.

I completed Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 this past weekend and I'm about to boot Fire Emblem. Sprinkle in some Dragon Quest Builders 2 and my switch has been getting a nice workout these days.

- Mordhau (PC): epic (and funny) medieval sword fights and conquering castles
- Multilotto (PC): just playing for fun because guessing the right numbers is always exciting. Also available as App
- Diablo 1 HD (PC): the remake of the legendary Diablo where you fight monsters and level up

I'm dying to try Mordhau, but my PC isn't up to the task.

IpsoFacto

Yakuza Kiwami 2: This game has a hostess club management mini-game! It's almost unfair to call it a mini-game because it's so big and has so much plot that it could almost be it's own side story.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Castlevania: Anniversary (Switch)

Just played through Castlevania: Bloodlines and wow that game really holds up. The technical tricks are fun but the level design is also cool and interesting. I love the giant circular blades in the munitions factory and the whole funhouse mirror level as well as the ever escalating gauntlet of end bosses that is the last level (my surprise on beating the grim reaper and finding out there was so much more!). the garden is fun. the flooded level is fun. all the standard themes are covered but given an international European setting. for real this is my favorite 16-bit entry in the series

Last edited:
Castlevania: Anniversary (Switch)

Just played through Castlevania: Bloodlines and wow that game really holds up. The technical tricks are fun but the level design is also cool and interesting. I love the giant circular blades in the munitions factory and the whole funhouse mirror level as well as the ever escalating gauntlet of end bosses that is the last level (my surprise on beating the grim reaper and finding out there was so much more!). the garden is fun. the flooded level is fun. all the standard themes are covered but given an international European setting. for real this is my favorite 16-bit entry in the series

I was playing through all of them recently, but I still have to play through Castlevania III. That said, I'd say Bloodlines has held up much better than Castlevania IV. I was pretty much done with IV by the halfway mark, whereas i was always being impressed my Bloodlines as the stages went on.

cireza

Banned
Just played through Castlevania: Bloodlines and wow that game really holds up.
Bloodlines is a fantastic game. It holds the MegaDrive DNA, it is faster paced, you have a wider resolution, and the processor is used for all kinds of great special effects.

Still, quality was very high with this series. The X68000 game is not known enough.

I have been playing some God Eater 3 on Switch recently, and the game is really well made for the system. Great presentation.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Recently got back into MH4U. My son expressed an interest in playing it multiplayer on 3DS, so I asked him if he wanted his own copy of 4U or Generations. My daughter has also taken a liking to it, so now they're fumbling through the HR1 stuff and having a great time. My HR167 character is a bit overqualified but that's okay. It's all for fun. :messenger_beaming:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I'm still playing Wreckfest a lot in multiplayer, I just LOVE this game and I resumed Kingdom Come (but my 40h save is gone :( )

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Mostly Fire Emblem Three Houses. Glad I decided to grab that as I’m really liking it.

Playing Borderlands Presequel a night or two a week with a buddy, and some Mario Maker 2 and Path of Exile here and there.

G-Bus

Banned
Not sure how I missed playing Uncharted: Lost Legacy but I did and am now correcting that. Uncharted is one of my favorite ps franchises so I'm definitely enjoying this. It's longer than I was expecting.

Also playing a bit of battlefield 1 online and slowly making my way through the titanfall 2 campaign.

Mr Hyde

Bought GTA 5 on PS4 dirt cheap on a flash sale at psn, haven´t played it since release and got a sudden urge to revisit it again, but the goddamn game is clocking in at a monstrous 72 gig and with my internet speed it has taken the whole fucking day to download.

And to add insult to injury and another kick in the balls, when I finally can boot that shit up, having bought some cold ass beers to accompany me on my journey, I get stuck on an install screen that currently sits at 4% after two fucking hours. This is some major horse shit I tell you.

Seriously, I just wanted to play a fucking game. Is that too much to ask for? I buy a game and I want to play it. But no! Fuck you customer, you have to wait three whole days to actually play it. Isn´t that fun? Isn´t that the way to go in this new and brave digital future? Absolutely, where can I sign up for more of this? I mean, I love staring at useless screens, just waiting for that procentage of installation to go up one fucking percent every 45 minute. It´s one of my biggest passions in life, you know what I mean?

Fuck modern gaming.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Bought GTA 5 on PS4 dirt cheap on a flash sale at psn, haven´t played it since release and got a sudden urge to revisit it again, but the goddamn game is clocking in at a monstrous 72 gig and with my internet speed it has taken the whole fucking day to download.

And to add insult to injury and another kick in the balls, when I finally can boot that shit up, having bought some cold ass beers to accompany me on my journey, I get stuck on an install screen that currently sits at 4% after two fucking hours. This is some major horse shit I tell you.

Seriously, I just wanted to play a fucking game. Is that too much to ask for? I buy a game and I want to play it. But no! Fuck you customer, you have to wait three whole days to actually play it. Isn´t that fun? Isn´t that the way to go in this new and brave digital future? Absolutely, where can I sign up for more of this? I mean, I love staring at useless screens, just waiting for that procentage of installation to go up one fucking percent every 45 minute. It´s one of my biggest passions in life, you know what I mean?

Fuck modern gaming.

Can't speak to that game, but that sounds like something went wrong. I get the slow download with slow internet, but I've never had a game sit like that on installing. The "copying" part of the download/install process on PS4 can take a while, but nothing I've seen is anything like stuck at 4% after two hours.

Digital gaming is definitely for people with decent internet though. GTAV has been $15 physical several times recently (I think that's what it's for in this PSN sale), better to buy that and at least get the base game copied over and just have to download updates. But yeah, going forward it's only going to get worse for people with slow internet as game and update sizes will only get larger as resolution etc. increases.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Playing the Mutant Year Zero Seed of Evil expansion. Very early but I have no doubt that it will be as great as the base game is.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Not sure how I missed playing Uncharted: Lost Legacy but I did and am now correcting that. Uncharted is one of my favorite ps franchises so I'm definitely enjoying this. It's longer than I was expecting.
Niiiice. My 2nd-favorite Uncharted game. The emphasis on all the treasure-hunting really elevates it above the others. Feels like a direct sequel to Uncharted 1 before everything went uber-cinematic.

Top Bottom