• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

24hr

PS4:
CTR Nitro Fueled. Also started RE7 but that beginning was scary so not sure if I’ll carry that on!

PC:
Battalion 1944

TLZ

Banned
YS 8, Steins Gate Elite and Destiny 2 on PS4, AC: Odyssey and Sea of Thieves on Xbox One X, Dragon Quest Builders 2, FFX/X2 HD and Fire Emblem: Three Houses on Switch.

giphy.gif

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Am I one of the only ones here who juggles so many games at once? I'm just trying to whittle down my ridiculous backlog before broketober comes around. Lol
I don't think you're the only one. I just personally find it really challenging to juggle several games while staying knowledgable enough about each one to jump from game to game and keep making reasonable progress.

Respect.

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished The Fractured But Whole (Xbox One X) - loved it! But now at a loss as to what to start next... 🤔

Shai-Tan

Banned
Forza Horizon 4.

I don't like it. I'm trying to figure out why and I think it's because road vs off-road is so meaningless and there's no crashing. I had a lot more fun with Need for Speed: Most Wanted.

cormack12

Gold Member
Debating whether to start FFXV. Tried once before but didn't even get past the tutorial. Been playing American Fugitive which is good fun though a bit janky as well.

Escara

Neo Member
Playing the new Warhammer 40K ARPG that just dropped. Its fun enough if a bit janky.

Apart from that mostly Darkest Dungeon and Divinity Original Sin 2 when I need my turn based fix.

Toecutter

About to start on Oxygen Not Included for the first time.

Recently watched one of my favourite streamers have a total meltdown over it and rage quit though, despite generally being a level-headed guy, so I'm thinking this one might take a while to get into.

Edit: Woo! Member status, baby! Finally!

Last edited:

Roberts

After fooling around with a few new Gamepass indie additions (Moonlighter was a lot of fun), I decided to play Darksiders 3. Never the most original series, but I like that each new installment borrows from different games and this one is basically a Souls-like game. While I had a few problems beating some bosses, it is not too punishing. Fun combat and exploration. Not the prettiest game ever, but it looks totally fine on xbox one x and plays smooth.

Last edited by a moderator:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I beat the Tree in Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins.

In spite of extreme hardware limitations, most levels have some unique feature (unique background, unique enemies, etc). It blows my mind that Nintendo gave so much love and attention to this game compared to how the NSMB series ended up.

Belmonte

Am I one of the only ones here who juggles so many games at once? I'm just trying to whittle down my ridiculous backlog before broketober comes around. Lol

Not at all! I play many games at the same time also. At least 10.

Since I like almost every genre, everyday I'm at a different gaming mood. I have some rules though. I never play two games from the same series at the same time and try to avoid starting a game which has the same genre I'm playing at the moment.

The con is how much time it takes to finish some of them. But it is for the best. I don't want to spoil my NiOh experience rushing to finish it just to begin playing Stalker for example.

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished The Fractured But Whole (Xbox One X) - loved it! But now at a loss as to what to start next... 🤔

Ended up with a palate cleanser for now - Ashes Cricket on the Xbox One X

Seems pretty good so far, considering the last cricket game I played was this....

Malakhov

Banned
I started playing transformers devastation on pc, what a fun game!

Also enjoying marvel alliance 3 with the kids on switch.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I beat the Tree in Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins.

In spite of extreme hardware limitations, most levels have some unique feature (unique background, unique enemies, etc). It blows my mind that Nintendo gave so much love and attention to this game compared to how the NSMB series ended up.
Agreed except NSMBU was a great game imo.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Agreed except NSMBU was a great game imo.
I'll be honest, as harsh as I am on the Mario games, it comes from a place of love. I played through NSMB U and wasn't too impressed, but since I have been casually going back through them all maybe I'll change my mind upon a second play.

Saber

Gold Member
Dragon's Crown

After years of searching, my brother finally found one with good prices on Amazon.

This game is that good and at same time its gorgeous visually. Superb art and visually pleasing.

Always and again - GTA V with so many add-on cars in traffic, that after 10 minutes the CPU borks out and the streets disappear, there is no clearing of this and I have no idea how to solve this without killing the traffic-mod which is just sad. It's so nice to see all the new cars strewn into the game world. (somebody help ^^;)

Also always it seems - Assassin's Creed Origins. This game still gets me hooked on side missions and question marks. I am positively surprised, that I like it so much. Almost a little redemption for Ubi...almost... also I have still not touched the DLC (got the season pass for about 12 €) and AC Oddyssey (even if i have played it for a while on PS4) is waiting in line...

(oh yeah, both on PC)

Last edited:

HE1NZ

Banned
Also always it seems - Assassin's Creed Origins. This game still gets me hooked on side missions and question marks. I am positively surprised, that I like it so much. Almost a little redemption for Ubi...almost... also I have still not touched the DLC (got the season pass for about 12 €) and AC Oddyssey (even if i have played it for a while on PS4) is waiting in line...

(oh yeah, both on PC)
It's the first AC game I've 100%ed. It was worth it. Was also reading The Egyptian at the same time - love the setting.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member

I know it was popular on consoles so I'm shocked it's not getting that much attention on Steam considering it's a really great metroidvania. I really like it so far. Also amazing soundtrack.

dat sax hnng

Last edited:

Escara

Neo Member
Got into Hearthstone again since the new expansion is coming out soon.

Game is a relaxing way to pass time as long as I just use my Whizbang set which gives you a random viable deck to play with each game.

Devil Survivor 2 and honestly don't know what to make of it.

Story is not that good and the gameplay feels like it lacks identity vs other SMT games.

I do enjoy the game but it isn't standing out for me all that much vs SMT4A and Persona 5.

Acidizer

Banned
DOOM (2016) and it is a BLAST.

Gonna go for the platinum and possibly buy the DLC after that.

In the game I see they have a pre-order splash for the next game, coming soon... I hope it is as good as this, not really heard anything about it.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Got into Hearthstone again since the new expansion is coming out soon.

Game is a relaxing way to pass time as long as I just use my Whizbang set which gives you a random viable deck to play with each game.

It seems like the Twitch community has been abandoning it for autochess type games. I haven't played pvp in years but I do still play those single player expansions on my phone/tablet. I've probably played 30 hours or so of The Dalaran Heist

Last edited:

xPikYx

The Witcher 3 modded on PC. Incredible how an already stunning game can get even better in visual quality and gameplay, with recalculation of the combat system, trading, alchemy, loot etc. Absolutely an unmissable experience

Shai-Tan

Banned
The Witcher 3 modded on PC. Incredible how an already stunning game can get even better in visual quality and gameplay, with recalculation of the combat system, trading, alchemy, loot etc. Absolutely an unmissable experience

I've been meaning to get back to that. It looks pretty good in 4k. One of the good consequences of being very slow to play through games is getting to play them for the first time on newer hardware.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Luigis Mansion on the 3DS

As much as I like the game itself, the controls are killing me. You can absolutely tell that this game wasn't originally designed for the 3DS. Hitting that moon was a pain in the ass. And don't get me even talking about the boss fight with Boolossus.

angry-wrestler-gif.gif

Last edited:

GenericUser

Just finished Wolfenstein TNO on sunday. If that was a highpoint of the nu-wolfenstein series, I don't wanna see the low points. What a mediocre shooter. Went back to doom 2016 and played it for 4 hours straight. What a difference.

Top Bottom