• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Katsura

Second time going through FE Three houses, completed eagle and now going with lion. Great game. Other than that, some Streets of Rogue and i just bought Binding of Isaac on Switch. Haven't played Isaac since it's original pc release so there is a lot to dive into

Last night I tried out the PSVR-Version of the new No Man's Sky Update... and hoo boy, that there are some brutal visual downgrades. I really like the art design of this game, but in (felt) 480p and a viewing distance of about 5 metres...

Also the spaceship handling with the move controllers is absolute shit. *sigh* I had high hopes (outside of my gripe with the - in an earlier update implented - finnicization of the micromanagement) for a personal restart with this game... I put down my visor before the 30 minute mark. :(

I was maxing out my skills in Skyrim and as going to work through a lot of my quests, but have become disheartened after many of the quest givers just aren't giving me the correct dialogue options. Played it numerous times before, but it feels really broken this time going through it.

Playing some Fight'N Rage, which i bought on a friends suggestion, which has been quite enjoyable so far. Been dipping into some FFV and some Speedball 2 too. I need something to replace SKyrim at the moment, but might just end up going back to X-COM: UFO Defense again...despite having played it to death.

Rodolink

fully on this Nioh train at the moment. when it's frustrating, it's really frustrating, but outside of some problem areas, i genuinely like this more than Dark Souls 2.
Cool, me too, i just passed the 3rd level. Currently loving it too. I feel it more "fun" than the souls. One thing I don't dig yet is the amount of loot you get, so many repeated trashy items in my inventory, also hard to decide which ones to keep.
And the soul match thing is not working for me. But its a great game by far really enjoying it.

I'm playing the God of War reboot.

It's obviously very polished and made by a real talented set of developers, and there is plenty to enjoy. It's a good game, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't at least somewhat disappointed. That disappointment is partially relative to the series heritage - I much prefer the Greek Kratos (not that I don't love Norse mythology, in fact my roots are Scandinavian.) - and in part because of some aspects of the game itself. Again, good game, but still some serious misses for me.

The father son dynamic doesn't play well for me. The loot/crafting feels bloated and not well thought out. There are some other issues as well, but I don't feel like writing a review right now, lol.

I certainlhy enjoy it enough to finish it, but this is a misstep in the franchise for me.

SquillieDee

Surviving Mars has completely consumed me. I have restarted at least 5 times, and I cant get enough. the damn game wasn't even on my radar and now im a full on addict, thank you Gamepass!!

J-Roderton

Been super causal lately. Mostly just booting up Golf Club 2019. Just waiting for this fall with COD and Gears. It's gonna be mad.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Plugged in the Saturn to play against my son. Went through some Cyberbots, some Vampire Saviour 3, some Super Puzzle Fighter (in which he beat me several times) and X-Men vs Street Fighter.

sublimit

Banned
latest

And Tomb Raider 2 on Vita.

Celcius

°Temp. member
About 21 hours into my current FF13 playthrough and I've decided to drop it.
The game just hasn't aged well... the whole time I'm running down narrow hallways fighting enemy after enemy, then a few cutscenes happen, and then it repeats. If I hadn't already beaten the game I'd often be wondering where am I running to next and why. The villains aren't interesting in this one either.

One thing that I can say that has 100% held up is the music though, it still sounds great.
The CG cutscenes still look awesome too but during some in-game cutscenes they use the in-battle models and the animations look really basic. I was going to keep going just to finish it but I'm just bored.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Finally beat Cold Steel 1 today. It really picked up a lot towards the end with a lot of crazy stuff happening. Looking forward to playing the next games now.

Last edited:
I finished the main story of Assassin's Creed Origins, then played a bit of a (not to death) modded GTA V and switched yesterday evening to a new start of Assassin's Creed Odyssey - I played the latter halfway through on PS4 but got it again for PC after I saw, how much better its predecessor looked on it.

Roberts

Played Rage 2 for a bit. Nowhere near the end yet, but I'm having a blast so far. Feels way more like a more eventful version of that recent Mad Max game than the first Rage. A lot of upgrade possibilities for your vehicles, weapons and skills. Shooting and driving is a lot of fun and graphics, while only 1080p on Xbox One x and full of blurry, low-res textures, are pretty.

DelireMan7

I finished Final Fantasy 6 for the first time. Great game, I understand its legendary status.
I wish I played it on release, I felt a bit of frustration due to some "old game mechanics".

Now continuing my Dragon Age Origins playthrough.
I am also very tempted by the Batman Arkham series (never played it).

Virex

Banned
I have all the new releases as they release. But lately I'm going back and getting the platinum trophy for games I finished but never got the platinum trophy for. So I'm currently busy wrapping up the last few trophies for Skyrim on PS4. And then I'm doing all the trophies for the DLC. Don't know why I'm going back to my old games lately to platinum. Seeing as I have a massive pile of sealed new releases. Maybe there's something wrong with me.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I finished Final Fantasy 6 for the first time. Great game, I understand its legendary status.
I wish I played it on release, I felt a bit of frustration due to some "old game mechanics".

I played FFVI last year for the first time also.

Definitely play the Arkham series. At least Arkham Asylum. Great games.

Bryank75

Banned
Just finished Detroit: Become Human and restarted MGSV because I lost my old save file somehow....
Have to finish it before Control is out.

Hostile_18

Banned
Over the last two weeks, I finished two games. The first was Vampyr (8.5/10) which is a great game, underrated and a hidden gem of 2018. The second game that I finished literally a few minutes ago was A Plague Tale: Innocence (9.0/10) which is an excellent game, also underrated and a hidden gem on 2019. I'm into these types of games but damn, it easily surpassed Until Dawn, Hellblade and Detroit: Become Human. Both games also did two things - first, I became a fan of Focus Home Interactive and second, I will keep an eye on Dontnod and Asobo in regards to their future titles.

Haven't played either game but played and enjoyed all the ones you mentioned after so that settles it. I'll pick these two up next time they are in the sale!

Just doing a Crushing run of Uncharted 1 at the moment.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't played either game but played and enjoyed all the ones you mentioned after so that settles it. I'll pick these two up next time they are in the sale!

Just doing a Crushing run of Uncharted 1 at the moment.

Made a mistake which I need to edit in my original post. It should say that "I'm NOT into these types of games" in reference to Plague Tale, Detroit, Until Dawn, etc. which makes Plague Tale even more impressive. Such an excellent game.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I beat Hollow Knight. Did everything except all the boss rush stuff which I didnt care to complete. I highly recommend this game to anyone who likes Metroidvanias.

I havent picked my next game, thinking about firing up my Wii U and playing something I havent beaten yet.

Fbh

Getting near the end of Tales of Vesperia.
I've enjoyed it so far, I like the cast of characters, it has a nice pacing and the combat is fun. The story is some generic JRPG stuff but the character interactions make it fun

sublimit

Banned
oO4537v.jpg

I had to start again from the beginning because i couldn't transfer my demo save data (it was from another PS4 and i don't have PS+ anymore) so i don't have any new impressions yet but unless i completely forgot it i think they added a dash/dodge button which wasn't in the demo? But i'm probably forgeting something.
Anyway i'm really enjoying playing through the demo sections again but i can't wait to progress to new areas!

El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron. Its very unique. Its kind of difficult to describe it. Words that come to mind are unusual, unpredictable, cryptic, enchanting, trippy, and colorful. Its like playing an lucid dream or an abstract painting. The artstyle seems reminiscent of art noveau and minimalism. The story is as if "The neverending story" met "The labyrinth" on acid, mixed with elements from Christianity. The gameplay is primarily third person hack-and-slash with platforming segments, and some surprises. Although, the combat mechanics are somewhat basic, its still challnging imo.

Got curious and checked out the developer on Wikipedia. Its sad to see they went defunct almost a decade ago.

Last edited:

Verchod

I've just gone back to a late save I have in Deus ex (the original). But it's been ages since I started it so I've forgotten most of the story.
I played it numerous times back when it came out but it's surprising that I don't remember much of the latter stages.
Bloody great game though.

joseph7jk

I am currently playing Resident Evil revelations, Nino Kuni 2 both on pc
Dragon quest V, dragon quest IX on 3DS
Oceanhorn and Festa on PS VITA
Amazing games

Sorry to ask, but was it the mobile version of FF6? I've never played the classics and was wondering if the ports are any good, technically speaking.

Top Bottom