• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

DelireMan7

Sorry to ask, but was it the mobile version of FF6? I've never played the classics and was wondering if the ports are any good, technically speaking.

No it was the PSN version ("Emulation of the PSOne version"). The main problem for me of this version is the small loadings (3-4 sec) each time you go in/out of battle or menu (doesn't sounds terrible but you go a lot in battle/menu so it's a bit frustrating at one point).

No idea how the mobile version is. I just checked the graphics and really didn't liked it, that's why I choose the PSN version..

Windheim

Neo Member
Vigor on X One X.

It is pretty much a 3rd person Escape from Tarkov on Xbox and it is FTP now.

Been playin it for several days straight, very fun but i can see how shooting/gunplay will turn a lot of people off from the game.

SweetShark

Playing now mostly Ion Fury and Gibbous.
Both of them great games, but I play them slowly cause I am SOOOOOOOooooo tired after work...
Trying to play Wargroove as well, but only one map each time.

AdamisFox

Undertale. I let the hype cool off before playing it. I did the pacifist route and I'm now stuck in the genocide route against Undyne.

T-Cake

Most of my existing PS4 library, currently Borderlands GOTY. I created a new PSN ID so I could get all the trophies again. Damn, I really miss that on PC.

Virex

Banned
oO4537v.jpg

I had to start again from the beginning because i couldn't transfer my demo save data (it was from another PS4 and i don't have PS+ anymore) so i don't have any new impressions yet but unless i completely forgot it i think they added a dash/dodge button which wasn't in the demo? But i'm probably forgeting something.
Anyway i'm really enjoying playing through the demo sections again but i can't wait to progress to new areas!
I hate you:messenger_crying:

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
oof. I hate to judge a game in the first hour, but this feels like a cheap low budget clunker of a game. I'll give it a couple more hours before I decide if I'll drop it.

Played and completed this a few weeks ago. Personally, it's a great 8.5/10 game. Story and characters is great. Visuals are solid. Audio is good. Gameplay and combat is great. All the gameplay systems that are tied together is nuts and once you see how it works, that's where everything kicks in because you have to make choices that can either make you stronger at a cost or do the opposite. Don't quit it yet. Give it to when you get to White Chapel. That's when everything kicks in.

Wasn't a fan of Dontnod whatsoever but after Vampyr, I'll be following what they do. Vampyr along with Yakuze Zero and A Plague Tale are three games this generation that I wish I played at launch as opposed to passing on them a year later or in the case of Plague Tale, a few months later.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Played and completed this a few weeks ago. Personally, it's a great 8.5/10 game. Story and characters is great. Visuals are solid. Audio is good. Gameplay and combat is great. All the gameplay systems that are tied together is nuts and once you see how it works, that's where everything kicks in because you have to make choices that can either make you stronger at a cost or do the opposite. Don't quit it yet. Give it to when you get to White Chapel. That's when everything kicks in.

Wasn't a fan of Dontnod whatsoever but after Vampyr, I'll be following what they do. Vampyr along with Yakuze Zero and A Plague Tale are three games this generation that I wish I played at launch as opposed to passing on them a year later or in the case of Plague Tale, a few months later.

Well I disagree with a lot of that already. I think the visuals so far have looked closer to a PS3 game than what I've come to expect from a PS4 game and the combat so far has been terrible. Again, I haven't played a played a ton but it feels like a low budget title, it just plays "cheap." I actually already decided to drop it, not permanently. I'm going to focus on other things right now and then go back to it at some point. One thing I've learned is to never force games. If I'm not into something I drop it within a couple hours. I used to force game playthroughs and I was miserable, I've enjoyed gaming much more now dropping things when I'm not into them and playing what clicks with me almost immediately.

Antwix

Currently playing Max Payne 3. Played a few chapters but i don't think i will finish the game. The crazy filters and blurry vision during the insane amount of cutscenes is giving me a headache.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Well I disagree with a lot of that already. I think the visuals so far have looked closer to a PS3 game than what I've come to expect from a PS4 game and the combat so far has been terrible. Again, I haven't played a played a ton but it feels like a low budget title, it just plays "cheap." I actually already decided to drop it, not permanently. I'm going to focus on other things right now and then go back to it at some point. One thing I've learned is to never force games. If I'm not into something I drop it within a couple hours. I used to force game playthroughs and I was miserable, I've enjoyed gaming much more now dropping things when I'm not into them and playing what clicks with me almost immediately.

Agree with not forcing yourself to play the game as that never works. I gave the visuals an 8/10. Obviously, it's an AA game but overall, I had zero complaints in regards to the visuals simply because I know the budget isn't there. As for the combat, I gave gameplay a 9/10 as I absolutely loved the combat and all the gameplay mechanics in general. If you decide to go back to it at some point, hopefully it will "click" for you.

Sakura

Been playing Judge Eyes. Playing the pre-patch version, so it is pretty annoying when the game constantly tries to download the patch.

IpsoFacto

I just finished up Yakuza Kiwami 2. Hell of a ride.
This is a game where you can punch tigers in the snot I repeat you can beat the s*** our of tigers in a Yakuza game
. Story was good and had of the craziest cliffhanger endings I've seen. I was a little dissapointed with the Majima prequel story (
I did enjoy how they finished up the Makoto storyline from Yakuza 0
) since his moveset is the same and he has no character progression but then again his story is so short that it really doesn't matter. Anyway, even the Yakuza Remastered Collection just dropped, I'll wait a little while for the complete boxed version.

So, I decided to pick up Earthlock: Festival of Magic, which is a small indie developed RPG. It's odd to play a game with no voice acting but at the same time refreshing to play a smaller budget, almost PS2-era RPG. Should keep me a little busy till I move on to the next big tentpole game.

IKSTUGA

Yesterday I tried Castlevania Lords of Shadow once again and yup, still don't like it. Literally feels like a chinese GoW ripoff. Thank god it was free on gold.

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
Forza Motorsport 6. Incredible game.

I'm starting to prefer this over Forza Horizon 4. Think I just like the structure better as FH4 can be a bit too sprawling for me at times. Sometimes I never know what to do next.

Belmonte

I'm playing Baldur's Gate again after more than a decade.

If I'm not mistaken, it was my second CRPG ever and even though I finished it at the time and could see its value, many things bothered me.

The RTWP system was weird and confusing with its six characters, the prose and number of dialogs were challenging for someone who didn't understand english very well (I was even worse at the time) and I had encountered many frustrating bugs in my old PC.

After BG I played lots of famous and obscure CRPGs, some of them heavily influenced by BG, and learned to love the genre. So it was time to return to Bioware first classic. And damn, it is so good!

It doesn't have an outstanding story like Planescape or the vast choices and consequences of Fallout 1 and 2 but there isn't any weak spot either. One of the most balanced CRPG games I ever played quality wise! The story, locations and NPCs are all very charming. The setting is on point! It has jokes and light hearted elements but never too much to destroy the setting. They balanced with some dark moments like when a pissed drunk father was trying to get in a fight with my party of adventurers because his son died trying to be a hero like them.

I continue to think RTWP is kind of messy and less precise than turn based but Baldur's Gate has a great emulation of the AD&D battle system. The magic and skills are a thing of beauty! It has been ages since I opened my Advanced Dungeons and Dragons books so I can't compare them directly, but it definitely feels like home.

ss_24f9924a78b5d0b08877e5e24804056ec7d5a12c.1920x1080.jpg

Last edited:

ColonizerJ

Neo Member
I want to reply with something unique so I'll leave my 'meta games' (Fallout, Skyrim, Warframe, Civ 6, etc.) out of the list:

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

6301077939abed0a152034dee5ebd3bba97b872e.jpg

This. Game. Is. Awesome.

Originally from the PS3, Dark Arisen is an improved game Capcom made for the PC. It's like Skyrim but you can grab on and climb just about any huge monster you encounter. Plus it really doesn't hold your hand while playing. Its an awesome adventure with a good story line (for me). Just don't forget to bring a lantern whenever you go out at night. :)

Grim Dawn

59e068b5ae653af2ea466435

For me, this was what Diablo 3 was supposed to be. The character customization sucks (there's actually none aside from choosing a gender) but the skill customization and the gears is sooooo complicated, it took me hours and several new characters to figure out what I wanted to be.

Colonist.io

logo.png

If you're old like me (I'm in my early 30's. Okay mid-30's), then you probably remember the board game Settlers of Catan. This one's a web browser game tho, but it gives off the same feel as the real one. It's a strategy game where you conquer other players' territories and steal their resources. Very fun and nostalgic.

Sorry if my post seems overly enthusiastic. I'm new here and the excitement of being able to finally participate in the forum I've been lurking around in hasn't worn off yet lol.

Firstly
EarthBound_Box.jpg

Running on the Raspberry Pi 4. Really enjoying it so far, but you can see where the translation falls down. The leveling is really interesting, because the rewards from leveling up arn't uniform, they're predefined. So it's a way to naturally let the player know when they have out-grown an area.

Secondly
EDF-5.jpg

Still playing though EDF 5, I am around mission 30~ The carnage has been really upgraded since EDF4.1. Too bad about the singing voices though.

Just finished watching DOTA TI9. That was really cool. Giving me the urge to play DOTA2 again. I might get onto that, after I've finished wiring up the network in my house.

On another note: my partner is wrestling with Silent Hill 2 on PS2. She's braving it well.

Roberts

Yoku's Island Express - One of those games that I would never play if not for Game Pass. Started it up, because my daughter was curious about it but ended up playing for a few hours. It's pretty great, cute little Metroidvania. Polished, looks good (unfortunately not Xbox One X enhanced) and not very hard - a relaxing game where you can't die. Imagine something between Ori and Little Big Planet but with a pinball twist. You see, you play a beetle pushing a big ball (shiny metal one instead of turd ball) around and you get into areas that basically play like classic pinball games.

Wind Waker HD, when I played WW when it first came out I stopped playing before you get the master sword. The boat stuff was just such a time sink.

The swift sail is a game changer in WW HD and the game is much more enjoyable now. I'm at the final dungeon and I love it so far.

Although I still have the same thoughts that I did years ago how when your doing Zelda stuff in Wind Waker it's awesome, but even with the swift sail the boat exploration is still the weakest part of the game.

Justin9mm

oof. I hate to judge a game in the first hour, but this feels like a cheap low budget clunker of a game. I'll give it a couple more hours before I decide if I'll drop it.
Not sure if you watched youtuber Ranton's review of it but he gave it a 9/10. As much as I trust his reviews, it still looks boring to me, not my kind of game.

If you don't know who Ranton is, you need to check him out, one of the most refreshing and detailed game reviewers out there and of course funniest!! Even games I hate or not interested in I watch of his because the entertainment factor is second to none.

RPS37

Can’t quit popping in to Forza Horizon 4 for a couple races every day, wrapping up Halo 5, getting in deep in Horizon Zero Dawn.

ruvikx

Banned
Assassin's Creed Odyssey (i.e. I got the PC version because I couldn't stand the 30 fps PS4 experience any longer). Running this game on a GTX 1080 & i7 8700 CPU, I get a 60 fps 1080p game (with the occasional microstutter in towns or when using the torch at night) & everything set to ultra - except clouds which are on very high (the cloud system costs a lot in terms of performance). I also use a mod from Nexus which makes Alexios look younger (& much better).

It's a good game. In fact it's pretty great so far. I like the mercenary system & the RPG elements (including customizing the visual aspect of gear by replacing it with stuff I already owned is a nice option to have). The naval combat is also greatly improved from the last one I played with it (i.e. Rogue, aka a mortar fest). I also give a thumbs up to the actual character combat system as well, i.e. where reflexes (certainly on nightmare difficulty) & timing are still essential, even when I have really good gear equipped. Jumping out of stealth, shooting a guard with arrows & fleeing back to stealth is also really cool.

So far so good (I'm at about 10% completion).

Now I'm playing Devil May Cry 5 (taking advantage of the Game Pass) and it's very FUN and graphically fantastic, the difference between the cut scenes and the gameplay is hardly noticeable. :messenger_horns:

Bryank75

Banned
Still MGSV, got 4 or five S ranks in a row there. Codename 'Fox' on the last one...
It's a lot of fun but I find myself wasting a lot of time in between missions.

Don't think I'll get it finished before Control :/

Last edited:
Top Bottom