• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

At chapter 9 in Ni No Kuni and I hit this huge wall where I have to do a shit load of side quests to get over. Seriously considering watching the end on youtube, the side quests are meh to trash. Shame cause the game was pretty good upto this point.

Currently playing:

Astral Chain (Switch)

Been taking my time with this game. Around 8 hours into the game and go to Chapter 4. I'm digging the graphics, music, characters, story, world, and gameplay. I'm loving it so far

Yokai Watch 3 (3DS)

I'm only one hour in and it's a pretty big departure from the previous two. The new battle system is interesting. I still need to play more of the game to put my two cents on it.

I just finished:

Grandia 2 (Switch)

I LOVE the batte system. The story and characters were great. The best thing is that the game doesn't overstay its welcome. I finished this game around 40 hours.

Disgaea 5 Complete (Switch)

First time playing a Disgaea. Story and characters are nothing to write about but the gameplay is deep and addicting. I'm planning on going back to this game to do the post game content. I love diving into Item World and leveling up my equipment.

Next Up

Dragon Quest 11 S
Trails of Cold Steel III
Luigi Mansion 3

Justin9mm

Where to start.. I don't play many hours in the week these days but currently been switching between Gears 5 and trying to finish Days Gone. I still have a massive backlog, I recently purchased some VR games, want to start Arizona Sunshine, Rush of Blood and RE7. But still have Spiderman, Resident Evil 2 remake and continue Yakuza 0. I have loads more, not to mention stuff on my One X like MK 11, Forza Horizon 4, Devil May Cry 5 etc. And why am I still occasionally booting up GTAV lol

Now that the Modern Warfare Beta is out on early access, will be dropping everything for that! Arrrgh!

bronk

Banned
The House in Fata Morgana on PS4. I'm almost done and I absolutely love it. If you're interested in Visual Novels at all check it out.

partime

Kid you not, Bloons TD 6 is default when outside.

At home, Overwatch, Dead Cells

I can't get past the main boss of VC4

Castle Crashers with my son!

Mooreberg

Just finished Spider-Man. Great game, although the third act kinda sputtered for me. Finished the main missions of The Division 2 with my friend. The core missions are designed better than the first game, but the junglesque D.C. open world seem bland and janky vs. the cool wintertime Manhattan from the first game. Currently diving into Shenmue HD and then Shenmue II HD, since hell is freezing over and the third game is coming out in November. I played a little bit into Shenmue for a second time on some 9/9 over the years, but not to completion. Shenmue II, despite being one of my favorite games ever, has never gotten the replay treatment even though I eventually picked up an OG Xbox copy to play on Xbox 360. It's been 18 years since that I played that PAL import via a utopia boot disc... the next month or so should be one hell of a nostalgia rush. I can't really think of an equivalent gap in replaying a game, or finally getting a sequel (I was 13 years late to the party on System Shock 2, so that isn't gonna be it on sequel gaps). Shenmue could end up being my second platinum trophy.

Erimus

Neo Member
Recently finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider via Xbox Gamepass and Crash 1 on the Switch. The newest Tomb Raider was more of the previous really but still think Rise is the best of the new trilogy. Crash 1 was frustrating at times but great nostalgia. Played it entirely handheld.

Currently sinking a lot of hours into Batman Arkham Asylum on Gamepass. It’s my first time ever playing it and loving it. Attempting to complete all the riddler challenges, too. Also playing my way through Crash 2 which is brilliant so far and working my way through the Halo Collection co-op with the other half (midway through Halo 2 at the minute).

Gamepass is not helping my backlog at all. Have some real AAA games in the backlog including God of War, Bloodborne and Breath of the Wild but keep jumping from game to game on Gamepass instead.. definitely need to get around to one of those soon. Probably start with GOW.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I while back I got Destiny 2 for free but never played it, so after the 100gb finishes downloading then I'm going to finally give it a try.
I'd prefer to be playing Borderlands 3 like everyone else but I'm not using the Epic Store so I may as well try this out.

mqRHTYL.png

My favorite Star Wars game of all-time: Super Star Wars.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Finished the first Splinter Cell yesterday. I was better than I would have ever expected. Excellent game!

Ordered Pandora Tomorrow for the Xbox right after the credits rolled since the PC version is so hard to get. Can't believe my 360 ran just fine when I plugged it in yesterday after 5+ years.

Looking forward to the rest of the series. So cool to finally tackle it after I wanted to play it for so many years.

Greedings

Finished the first Splinter Cell yesterday. I was better than I would have ever expected. Excellent game!

Ordered Pandora Tomorrow for the Xbox right after the credits rolled since the PC version is so hard to get. Can't believe my 360 ran just fine when I plugged it in yesterday after 5+ years.

Looking forward to the rest of the series. So cool to finally tackle it after I wanted to play it for so many years.

Amazing series. They only get better, and chaos theory is probably the epitome of stealth games.
I miss good stealth games so much. I’m so jealous that you’re playing this stuff for the first time.

lakester

Neo Member
Finally I've managed to complete Ni No Kuni 2
Last chapter was really a pain in the a...

Now I'm ready to finally start Shadow of the Tomb Raider...I really loved the two previous ones.
Hoping that the new developer hasn't ruined the Crystal Dynamic work

Astral Chain on the Switch. I'm also having a bit of a Japanese PS1 RPG binge...

rUaMl7g.jpg

I've been hankering for some PS1 nostalgia as well. I just finished up the campaign in Speed Punks. It was a really fun little kart racer. Not at the level of CTR or Mario Kart, but a good game in its own right.

Some pics:

MSwHrbD.png

4QlcoKT.png

TjxCslz.png

Oz8CkB6.png

4nztsON.png

I don't remember this getting a lot of attention back in the day, although it has been a long time. The handling was a little loose and there wasn't a ton of content, but still really good fun.

Tesseract

Banned
eh i dunno what to play right now

i'm playing apex legends still

i'm not playing any single player games, thinking about hitman absolution or mankind divided

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Astral Chain

I'm trying to get into it, but it's not hooking me. I'll finish it for sure, but it's not as amazing as I had hoped.
What File are you on? I personally was hooked after File 3 when combat really opened and really started having fun with the game.

Vawn

Banned
What File are you on? I personally was hooked after File 3 when combat really opened and really started having fun with the game.

I mean, I can tell it's good, I might just be in a different mindset. I've been playing FFXIV for the last 2 months. It's a strange transition.

The writing/acting isn't very good, but the combat is fun, even though I have a few issues. For example, using the Slash move to lineup moves where I need to break chains midcombat was very frustrating for me for some reason.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

I mean, I can tell it's good, I might just be in a different mindset. I've been playing FFXIV for the last 2 months. It's a strange transition.

The writing/acting isn't very good, but the combat is fun, even though I have a few issues. For example, using the Slash move to lineup moves where I need to break chains midcombat was very frustrating for me for some reason.
Use focus when using Slash attacks.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I'm enjoying Destiny 2 more than I thought I would. The story and characters aren't too interesting but the gameplay is great and the graphics/sound as well.
This is also my first time playing a game in HDR, woot!

Started Cosmic Star Heroine, its good but for some reason I can only play it in short bursts before I feel like playing something else. Gonna try to find an action game to play alongside it.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Astral Chain on the Switch. I'm also having a bit of a Japanese PS1 RPG binge...

rUaMl7g.jpg
:messenger_face_screaming: Where are their cases!?

After finishing Gears 5 and Astral Chain I started Dark Souls 2 SotFS. I wanted to replay this game for a while now. I am near the rat king. I’ve jumped on a couple of games. I tried Blair Witch and I couldn’t get into it. I kept getting frustrated by the controls and the dog. It felt rough after playing Gears 5. I’ve also been playing the Contra Collection. Also GRIS on iOS.

Trimesh

Banned
:messenger_face_screaming: Where are their cases!?

After finishing Gears 5 and Astral Chain I started Dark Souls 2 SotFS. I wanted to replay this game for a while now. I am near the rat king. I’ve jumped on a couple of games. I tried Blair Witch and I couldn’t get into it. I kept getting frustrated by the controls and the dog. It felt rough after playing Gears 5. I’ve also been playing the Contra Collection. Also GRIS on iOS.

They are providing company to the other cases :)

wIJ18QC.jpg

But you're probably right, I should put them back in their cases. Done :)

9AY9Sjt.jpg

Last edited:

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Currently playing..

Resident Evil 2 Remake. Played the original when it released, don't remember it being this scary. Maybe I'm just weak lol.

Wreckfest. The Destruction Derby sequel I've always wanted. Great physics and thrilling races as well as decent destruction tracks. Highly recommended.

Aricer

Neo Member
Just finished Control, loved everything about it. Running and gunning like Max Payne works really well in this game. Feeling motivated to replay the Max Payne and Alan Wake games now.

Now moving on to Fire Emblem Three Houses

Initial impressions of the game put me off it, but I'm actually enjoying it a lot now. Music is really good so far, and so far the systems seem less broken than they were in Awakening / Fates.

Looking to playing Astral Chain and Greedfall after finishing up this game.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Back and forth between Astral Chain and Spyro.
I am very tempted by Blasphemous but Zelda is out in a few days and DragonQuest is just on the horizon too.

Wallet may cry

Last edited:

Hudo

Astral Chain, Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun and being ghosted by this girl I really liked. The latter one is not fun, though.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Just finished AC Origins for second time (on PS4 this time, with all DLC so about 100 hours) so I've gone for something relaxing and am playing ABZU on X1X via Game Pass.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
finished Spyro (PC) and gave up on Divinity Original Sin 2 (PC) as I just can't get into it.

I'm playing:

Switch - Breath of the Wild + Mario Odyssey
PC - Sekiro

Thinking of trying MGSV on PC again and once I'm done with Mario on Switch I'm gonna start Astral Chain.

GeekyDad

Currently playing:

Yokai Watch 3 (3DS)

I'm only one hour in and it's a pretty big departure from the previous two. The new battle system is interesting. I still need to play more of the game to put my two cents on it.

Just started this as well. The game so far, to me, is just really cute, funny and endearing. I really like the writing. The playable girl character is such a great injection of adorableness.

Nickolaidas

Banned
Currently Playing:

Void Bastards (X-Box One X)
Gears 5 (X-Box One X)
Skyrim (Steam - heavily HEAVILY modded version)
Devil May Cry V (occasionally)

Tempted to dive again into:

Monster Hunter World (PS4 Pro)
Dark Souls III (PS4 Pro)
Spider-Man (PS4 Pro)

GAMETA

Banned
Just finished Sekiro (I started day 1, lol)

Playing:
Tetris 99
Insurgency Sandstorm
CS:GO
Street Fighter V
Zelda BotW
Mario+Rabbids
Demon's Crest
F-Zero
Super Metroid
Dragon Ball FighterZ

Mr Hyde

Currently playing Super Metroid now. I´ve arrived to Maridia and it´s kind of a downer area given how great the game has been up until now. The atmosphere is thick as fog, with some tense encounters and great bosses, and the exploration is top notch with a lot of moody and dark areas to visit. It´s quite the step up from the original, but I gotta say despite that, I prefer it to the Super NES-version. It had a real surreal vibe to it that I think got lost in this iteration, hard to describe but Metroid was just one of a kind.

Super Metroid is still a great game though, and it´s impressive that a 30 year old game is still giving the competition its run for the money. SNES has so many gems it´s ridiculous, 2D was perfected and the developers just gave it their all introducing new franchises and game mechanics.

Top Bottom