• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Stuart360

Resident Evil 6. Apart from feeling a bit clunky, and like you're not always in full control of your character, i really dont think the game is that bad.

Metro Exodus. This is the third time trying to slog through this tedious game. Again very clunky feeling and mini cutscenes for everything you do. Tedious.

Noita is pretty fuckin amazing. The amount of crazy shit that can happen on any given run makes it a lot of fun.

Also inching my way through Valfaris, thank god they're generous with the checkpoints.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Neck-deep into Diablo 3 on Switch. One of my close friends is playing for the first time and is nearly overwhelmed, and I have another friend (huge Blizzard fan, currently playing WoW Classic) who is gonna join us soon. It's a feast of content for me since I haven't played since late 2013, and I'm continually impressed by how streamlined it is. (Still) one of the bast action-roguelikes.

Got my Hunter up to Paragon 7 or 8, so I took a break to take a Witch Doctor through its season. Since leveling characters to Paragon is a total joke now, I may spend more and more time in Seasons. You keep the character built afterward, anyway. I don't recall Adventure mode (and bounties, and Rifts) being a thing when I played. Grinding higher difficulties of Torment for higher Paragon levels and bitching about Real Money Auction House was my end-game prior to Loot 2.0.

Very impressed that the Switch version stays at/around 60fps even with several co-op players and tons of stuff exploding on the screen. Blizzard's art design helps compensate for the dated graphics (which is something they're expert at). I was shocked by how... tame it is for an M-rated game. No nudity and no bad language as far as I can tell. So, I've let the two older kids make their own characters. My son is playing Barbarian and wants to start a Monk, too. My daughter is gleefully playing a Necromancer decked out in pink after visiting the dye shop. Not surprised at my son's choice, but I'm very surprised by the necromancer choice. She seems to like blowing up the bodies and making her minions do all the work while she avoids melee fighters.

scalman

No mans sky , Division 2, GTS , Forza Horizon 4
Just tried Deliver US The Moon , pretty good game, would be better for VR i think

Last edited:
Everspace. It's Dead Rising in a spaceship. Fly around until you die, get recloned and head out again. Keep your upgrades.

The game looks good and controls really well (I wish Battlefront II ships could fly like this), but every now and then the game just dumps a dozen enemy ship right on top of you that just rip you to shreds.

I hate this fucking game, but it controls so well I haven't been able to put it down. You can cut engines and drift backwards, circle strafe your ship, fly at angles. It's great. Then I get swarmed again.

Salvatron

Been enjoying the Hell Let Loose weekend freeplay so much I ended up buying it. Still havent had a chance at playing the omaha beach map from the beginning yet. But I really like these super long battles. So far most people on chat have not been the typical fps asshat.

Anyone else diggin it?

JimiNutz

Banned
Games I've recently played as a new Switch owner:

Super Mario World: First time playing this and don't have much experience with 2D Mario games... It's ok. Not a huge fan of the physics and find the gameplay surprisingly tough (sometimes frustratingly so). Have now reached a point where I can't progress unless I go back to earlier levels and find secret switches and keys. Seems kind of long to me and I dont love the gameplay enough to want to go backwards and re-play old levels again. Maybe I'll come back to this at a later date.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: I love Mario Kart and this is definitely the best version in my opinion. Plenty of content, great guest characters and tracks (The F Zero tracks are great fun - please give us more) and battle mode is great to see back. I haven't even dabbled in the online MP yet.

Tetris 99: The only battle royale game that I've enjoyed to date. Tetris is one of my favourite games of all time and this is a fun spin on it. Yet to place higher than third place though!

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker: Not yet finished this but have had a lot of fun playing in coop with the gf. Very cute and charming game.

Mario Tennis Aces: Have only played local multiplayer so far but have really enjoyed my time with this game. I love these Mario sports games and would like to see more (Soccer, Basketball etc.) Great fun when drinking with friends as pretty easy for almost anyone to pick up and have fun with.

Super Mario Bros: Despite my kind of negative experience with Super Mario World I decided to go back to the beginning of the series and play this. I actually found it a lot more enjoyable. I preferred the more linear approach and didn't find it quite as challenging or frustrating as Super Mario World. I enjoyed this enough to want to move onto 2 & 3 next.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild: There's not much that I need to say about this game other than that I don't usually like Zelda games or open world games yet this is already one of my favourite games of all time. I can't stop playing or thinking about it. My gf loves it also which is a bonus. Haven't been able to play a game for 5+ hour stints in a long time but the hours fly by when I'm playing this. I love it so much that I even went and bought my first amiibo (something I thought I'd never ever do). I needed that Wolf running around with me!

TexMex

Finished Borderlands 3 and Concrete Genie plats this week, going to try to finish Link’s Awakening before Outer Wilds hits on Tuesday

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I'm playing monster Hunter world.

I'm a huge fan of the series so yeah.

Also playing Warframe although not as much, a new content drop is needed. The next expansion is going to be game changing but it's taking awhile to finish.

s34ab

Banned
I'm bouncing between Fortnite, Destiny 2, and WoW (retail.) After playing probably a thousand hours in BR, the only mode in Fortnite I play is the team battle (20v20.) I couldn't care less about the story in Destiny 2, so I really only do control/clash. And i played classic WoW when it was retail and was part of countless server first guild raids (nowhere near world first,) so I don't need to do that again.

After upgrading from my OG glittery turquoise Nintendo 3DS to dark blue "metallic" New 3DS XL (for an almost okay secondhand price), I rediscovered Tomodachi Life and Miitopia.

The bigger screen and the better 3D are really something and I enjoy those two stupid funny "games" all over again.

Rodolink

Just finished Nioh, was looking at Boss strategies on fextralife while doing so and when I was on the last mission I never thought it was "really" the last mission since on the wiki mission list there are like 6 more missions. And so I thought godman this is so damn hard and lengthy game I want to get over with it already (dont mind me I loved it it was very fun and gameplay is superb and polished, really makes you "git gud" not like Dark SOuls that you can cheese many things). Anyway the credits rolled out and felt a little anti-climatic thanks to me checking the wiki. 🤦‍♂️

After that I felt empty, it always happens after a long game. Kindda wander aorund the apartment looking at the emptiness of the soul etc etc. Still hesitant between commiting to develope a game or continue with my backlog (next in line would be a change of pace like WOnderful 101 or Pikmin 3, before jumping into Dark SOuls Remasterd and finish that basterd once and for all)

For my "commuting" game I am almost finished with FFIX. Its been amazing easily dethroned some FFs from my fav list.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
4hFaRTZ.jpg

Finally! Better PC port, analog movement and Japanese VO. I'm happy.:messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

lachesis

Just finished Last of Us Remastered... for the first time. Went thru the main quest 2 times, and DLC once.
I bought the original one for PS3 when it first came out - never got to play it. (Actually still in its shrink wrap)
After finishing the game, I'm now very excited about Last of Us2 - that I'm trying to avoid any sort of spoiler and all.

After thinking of what to play next - decided go for Spider-Man (PS4). A bit of mixed feeling for it. It has it's share of unique feel to it - but it feels like I'm playing Batman Arkam series in different costume.
As my OCD commands it, I've been collecting everything possible at as early as possible. Still in very early in the game - and I can see things may get a bit repetitive - hope its story picks up to something more interesting.
(Right now doing the collect-a-thons before attending the main quest of some girls birthday party thing)

amigastar

Currently just picked up Dragon Quest VII again on the 3DS. Great game but very lenghty. I'm 67 hours in.

#Phonepunk# #Phonepunk#
One of my favourite Zelda game, so good memories. Have fun.

Last edited:

Thurible

I went back to pikmin 3 and 100% the fruit collection. As far as RTSes go it's my favorite, however there isn't much challenge as my juice stock is really easy to build so there is no urgency. That being said I do get a tad upset when a day is wasted.

Then I got Kirby Star Allies. Pretty standard kirby fanfare except for the mixing abilities and specials that only have been done in a few games like Crystal Shards (But it is also done differently in that it is more like an upgrade to the base ability rather than it's own seperate one and it can only be acheived by cooperating with a "friend".) It's pretty simple and I have quickly beaten it and got all the special puzzle pieces, now I only need to redo some levels or do some extra modes to get more puzzle pieces to complete every portrait.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Warhammer Vermintide 2. It’s a mediocre Left 4 Dead clone but I’m enjoying the universe after playing so much Total Warhammer.

I’ve also been playing random quests in the Witcher 3 to soak in the universe in the run up to the tv show despite all the complaining I do about open world games. It helps that with mods I can teleport around the map, autoloot, etc.

andreutas

Neo Member
The Division 2. Is it just me or is every mission / area almost identical? ”Get to the roof and shut down something, defend the antenna.” Why did this game get so high scores? Im playing with my brother and its fun I guess...

Days Gone.

You know what? This game is actually pretty decent. I do recommend playing it, as it's better than most review made out. I think Easy Allies summed it up nicely.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
- Final Fantasy Adventures on Switch - Even if it's old, still good.
- Life is Strange: Beyond the Storm on PS4 - Very edgy but looks like an easy plat

SweetShark

Why I am always doing this? I said I will play some specific games first and I started some unrelated ones...
Thankfully at least I finished Anodyne 2, Lust for Darkness and WHAT THE GOLF?.

So I started playing these games now:

YuQIu2Y.jpg

-Spyro Reignited Trilogy-
I was very VERY.lucky cause I had plans to buy it, but I saw it in my Humble Monthly subscription and I of course started playing it immediately!
The controls are little weird sometimes, but great collecrion so far.

16qAwov.png

-Crusader: No Remorse-
Very old school top view shooter which is better using ONLY your keyboard. The mouse is shit.
Great game of you give it time to get used the controls. Also I dig the design of the suit the protagonist wearing.

Still have plans to play the ones I mentioned.
See my post to see them again:

I dumped WoW Classic after the latest fiasco, and am now in FF14. Working on the last few 2.x main questline pieces before to HW. Honestly can't wait. I was a 1.0 player, but just could never move forward with the rest of the game. Latest xpac I hear is legendary, and a FF story will always attract me.

The Division 2. Is it just me or is every mission / area almost identical? ”Get to the roof and shut down something, defend the antenna.” Why did this game get so high scores? Im playing with my brother and its fun I guess...

I dropped this game hard. It's so well done, and runs really well. Looks beautiful, and the story is decent enough. Mechanics are great, and gunplay is cool. Then one day you login, and you find that it's all the same as you said.

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
Tembo the Elephant thing on Xbox One X - just a short diversion as I'm on holiday next week and don't want to start anything too long winded before going away ✈

Last edited by a moderator:

Lanrutcon

What kind of games you play mostly?

Anything that isn't multiplayer only, sports, racing, dating or walking sims really.

Last few games I've played are Warframe, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Octopath Traveller, Monster Hunter World, Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, Borderlands 3, Gears 5, Children of Morta and Breakpoint. Not a bad time for gaming. Maybe I'll give RDR 2 a shot next month.

-Minsc-

Thanks to the "Old games that look good." thread I'm playing Metaltech: Earthseige.

Neck-deep into Diablo 3 on Switch. One of my close friends is playing for the first time and is nearly overwhelmed, and I have another friend (huge Blizzard fan, currently playing WoW Classic) who is gonna join us soon. It's a feast of content for me since I haven't played since late 2013, and I'm continually impressed by how streamlined it is. (Still) one of the bast action-roguelikes.

Got my Hunter up to Paragon 7 or 8, so I took a break to take a Witch Doctor through its season. Since leveling characters to Paragon is a total joke now, I may spend more and more time in Seasons. You keep the character built afterward, anyway. I don't recall Adventure mode (and bounties, and Rifts) being a thing when I played. Grinding higher difficulties of Torment for higher Paragon levels and bitching about Real Money Auction House was my end-game prior to Loot 2.0.

Very impressed that the Switch version stays at/around 60fps even with several co-op players and tons of stuff exploding on the screen. Blizzard's art design helps compensate for the dated graphics (which is something they're expert at). I was shocked by how... tame it is for an M-rated game. No nudity and no bad language as far as I can tell. So, I've let the two older kids make their own characters. My son is playing Barbarian and wants to start a Monk, too. My daughter is gleefully playing a Necromancer decked out in pink after visiting the dye shop. Not surprised at my son's choice, but I'm very surprised by the necromancer choice. She seems to like blowing up the bodies and making her minions do all the work while she avoids melee fighters.

I haven't played Diablo since Diablo II in something like 2005. If I ever got a Switch then then D3 would be in the purchase contention.

GeekyDad

Resident Evil 6. Apart from feeling a bit clunky, and like you're not always in full control of your character, i really dont think the game is that bad. ...

I thought it was pretty darn entertaining. I wasn't thrilled over every storyline (mainly Chris' was a bit of a slog), but it felt like a really fun B-movie experience. The controls definitely take some getting used to, as no previous RE game had that much movement, but in that regard, it probably has the best Mercs to date. I spent ridiculous amounts of time playing that after each of the story modes.

spartan30gr

It can be buggy as hell with some serious frame rate issues later in the game but I loved it and somehow I was ok with all that being Bend's first real AAA title.

Sure is buggy some times..But on ps4 pro,iam playing it right now.The frame rate is far more better from the base ps4.
I think than the gunplay and the graphics is the best thing on this game so far.

Last edited:

Erimus

Neo Member
Finished Crash 3. Really enjoyed it and that’s the trilogy completed on the Switch.

Currently slogging my way through The Order: 1886. It’s just all a bit meh. I’m near the end so don’t want to completely give up but I’m not sure how much fun I’ve had with it.

Apart from that, just started Batman Arkham City whilst continuing my Borderlands 3 playthrough with the other half.

Shifty

I finished up a fresh playthrough of Killer is Dead on a whim last week, and that led me to playing Killer7 for the first time.

BB72EC358053FFAD672BAC16E54A717216E46FE0

Last edited:

Justin9mm

Sure is buggy some times..But on ps4 pro,iam playing it right now.The frame rate is far more better from the base ps4.
I think than the gunplay and the graphics is the best thing on this game so far.
I never played on Base PS4, I am talking about Pro with the framerate.. Wait until you get far into the game and you are forced to take out a Horde, that part struggles big time. Didn't really bother me though, I was floored by how good the game looked especially in some scenes,

LordVader

Neo Member
I’ve went back to play Enslaved: Odyssey to the West based on a recent recommendation. I have to say it is quite amazing. How has this game flown so far under everybody’s radar?

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I’ve went back to play Enslaved: Odyssey to the West based on a recent recommendation. I have to say it is quite amazing. How has this game flown so far under everybody’s radar?
I own it on Steam and have been meaning to play it for years. Every time I think about playing it though, I wonder if it will be too much “last gen” gameplay-wise.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I've been burning through every Metroidvania title I can get my hands on for Switch. I'm a little late to the party, but I'm loving Salt & Sanctuary right now.

I'm also absolutely in love with Fortnite again with chapter 2. The new map is beautiful and interesting, and reminds me of the feeling I got when first playing Breath of the Wild. The ambient atmosphere is awesome with headphones. The weapons all feel good, and who knew fishing in a battle royal game could be fun? :)

Top Bottom