• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Been playing Bloodborne this week last night I finally made it to the DLC area. Will be playing through that DLC for the first time today!

boo

Gold Member
On my Switch: Just finished the main story in Tiny Metal: Full Metal Rumble. Before that, Tiny Metal, the main story and the war room.

Two games that scratches that Advance Wars-itch.

The first game is good, but use the skip-button on the story. The sequel Full Metal Rumble is great, and is a really well polished gem. A top ten game of the year for me. The gameplay can become a bit overwhelming in the beginning if you haven’t played the first game, since you get even more units to control.

Gameplay-wise, after you get used to the 3D, which I felt got a bit in the way in the beginning in the first game, the games have a good depth as you learn the strenghts and weaknesses of each type of combat-unit.

In the first game, you recognize that the units used are very much similar to the ones in Advance Wars at first glance. But as you play, you realize that there are enough differences to make Tiny Metal fresh enough to make you replay levels as you learn the extra abilities.

The second game add a lot of new unit types not seen in the Advance Wars-games, and make it possible to solve the levels in many different ways, also based on the strength of the commander you choose. Experiment with the commanders, since their different strenghts will fit some levels better than others.

One tip: You can attack an enemy unit with up to four of your units (surrounding it). The enemy unit, if it takes 100% damage, will then not damage any of your units. If it takes less damage, when it counter-attacks on your attack, it will only attack the last unit that you attacked with. So let the last unit you attack with be a low-cost unit that can easily be replaced.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
cover-nowcdkey2019-28.jpg

Call of Duty has been in my rotation since COD4 Remastered, what they had last year with Black Ops was fine but it wasn't modern combat, IW is a talented team and I'll be paying attention to its post release content, for sure.

Phase

I'm about 4 hrs into The Outer Worlds.

Also just started Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, and have God of War and RDR2 next up. Got my work cut out for me!

Currently burned out from playing Destiny 2. I should be at over 700 hours.

Playing the Outer Worlds instead and having a nice time with it. Change of pace, that's for sure.

Mexen

And why or why not would you recommend someone else to play it?

Please do not post unmarked spoilers.

I am currently playing Wolfenstein 2 on Xbox One X.

I would recommend playing it. It has surprised me with great storytelling and a mature but coherent plot. The visuals are stunning to me, and it is loaded with interesting personalities. Off the wall but good.

I do not recommend it if younger. The game is very mature in its themes and plots. This is definitely not a game for younger, not matured kids.
Wolfenstein 2 is on my wishlist actually. Thanks.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Corpse Party (PSP/PSVita)
Silent Hill 2 (PS3)
Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash (PS4)

lachesis

Still playing Spider-Man. The drone challenge missions are killing me - and although I know it's entirely optional, my OCD is demanding to get the gold. Got the bomb series taken care of (all gold.. barely) and 3 of 4 drones done. (on my final Harlem one - very close of getting that 44k mark). I am not really looking forward the swarm of other ones (Battle & stealth..) - but will see. At the story wise, am around 70% where I'm to see a boy on his first day of the job at the homeless center....
Hoping to get it all wrapped up, before my next game - Shenmue III :D

The Outer Worlds: even if there is a "idle camera", it's very jarring to not have a 3rd-Person-camera-option. Without the abhorrent chromatic abbheration it looks decent, but it has some flaws here and there. Maybe in a patch or two this will be even better.
My Friend Pedro: Bought on a whim and played about 2 hours in a sleep deprived state... was pretty fun...

Last edited:
I was playing The Outer Worlds, but really not feeling it after about 7-10 hours. Everything just feels a little pointless or worthless and I'm just going through the motions.
Some wonderful writing, but the game itself is just really "meh". Probably a fun jaunt for some, but feels rather underwhelming to me. One of the effects slifers really butchers the presentation too, I really don;t know what they were tinking.

Hopped onto Shining Force for the time being and might get stuck back into NHL20 for a while.

Last edited:

Roberts

Just finished Bard's Tale 4 on xbox. There are tons of tiny things that irritated me about it (worst inventory management ever) and it is not exactly a good looking game, but as a whole it was a blast. A lot of customization and gameplay options. I've played for 60 hours or so and never felt bored even when my group got seriously overpowered at the last stretch of the game. MS did a smart move by bying Inxile

Thurible

Fallout 4 on steam. My companion is Strong (a supermutant) and he just seems to dislike whatever I do for some reason. I just rescued Nick Valentine from the triggermen in the main story but I like to take my time and explore the world. I snuck into the Massachusetts state house and went to the basement to find a bunch of mirelurks, a mirelurk hunter, a mirelurk queen, and a ton of raiders. I just wasn't equipped to handle it so I kind of gave up on that. Does this game have mini nuke launchers?

Shadow of War

I'm having way too much fun tormenting orcs. Shaming them is brutal and hilarious. Nemesis is great stuff, shame about the rest of the game lol

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Just beat Super Star Wars. I loved that series on SNES when I was a kid. Hadn’t played this in while.

What a game. I love the art. They really fill it with sprites based on all the stuff from the og film. Also the music is amazing. The SNES sound chip does strings very well and the tympani samples are spot on!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition - Xbox One X (Game Pass)

It looks amazing :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Playing Baldur’s Gate on Nintendo Switch. The controls took awhile to get my head around, but once I did, they worked surprisingly well. Beamdog did a really good job with the console controls.

I played BG1 in the last couple of years, but I decided to replay it so I can import my characters to BGII.

AbZeroNow

Neo Member
Retro City Rampage DX - fun pixelart GTA-type game. Hilarious pop culture and 1980s game references.

I Am Setsuna - Inspired by 1990s JRPGs, this is a nice little JRPG. I like the ATB system.

Golf Story - quirky Australian-made golf game/RPG. Funny, heartwarming, and gameplay feels good.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Bloodborne DLC (PS4 Pro)
Luigi's Mansion 3 (Switch)
Castlevania: Requiem ROB/SOTN (PS4 Pro)
God of War (PS4 Pro)

will keep me busy this week until Death Stranding strands my weekend.

Still playing Spider-Man. The drone challenge missions are killing me - and although I know it's entirely optional, my OCD is demanding to get the gold. Got the bomb series taken care of (all gold.. barely) and 3 of 4 drones done. (on my final Harlem one - very close of getting that 44k mark). I am not really looking forward the swarm of other ones (Battle & stealth..) - but will see. At the story wise, am around 70% where I'm to see a boy on his first day of the job at the homeless center....
Hoping to get it all wrapped up, before my next game - Shenmue III :D

Your a more patient person than I am, I loved Spider-Man but those Taskmaster challenges can go kick rocks.

I did the bare minimum to get all the upgrades and said "F the rest".

Rodolink

finished Wonderful 101 and afterwards started Nioh 2 Open Beta.
W101 is an amazing underrated game (by me) but holds true to its creator genius. ALthough felt that the final chapters were tooooooooooo long and kindda wanted ti to end already. Gameplay becomes a little boring also and you still have to keep playing during the end credits. Still is one of the top games for WiiU.

Nioh 2, damn has very good new mechanics, I loved the yokai abilities and th enew enemies are way harder. Those little witches and the monkey one, ducking bastards. I think this sequel is gonna be 2x harder unfortunately for me. Still trying to beat the first boss :S

Also still playing Terranigma, at the beginning I was blown away by the pacing, narrative and aesthetics, but later its becoming kind of boring (Im in chapter 3) boring because enemies take like 1 damage because of a balancing issue in the game that requires you to level up but it becomes a chore because enemies give so little EXP and there are not much variety. I hope it gets better.

IpsoFacto

So I've playing a ton of One Piece: World Seeker.

The game presents a bit of a double-edged sword. I will say this, it's a fun game but it has a couple of issues that can hamper your overall experience. I have a lot of issues with the combat (regular fights sometimes get overwhelming when various enemies spot you, but boss fights have been almost too easy), the lack of voice acting (the cast is 90% of the time silent apart from grunts and a few choice soundbytes) and the barely functioning stealth system. Oh and the lack of music, save for fights, expositon and while in certain areas can make things get a little dull.

But what I really enjoy is the open world, item collecting and exploring in general. That adventure portion is spot on and using Luffy's powers make climbing, leaping and flying around really exciting. Item collecting makes side missions ubber easy because since the map shows everything, you end up collecting items that were required anyways. The island has areas that feel to distinct that you really feel like you've entered an almost entirely different country.

It's a double-edge sword, because your enjoyment of this game depends a lot of how much fun you have with exploration and the story versus the other issues like combat and stealth.

_Ex_

3379_front.jpg
204374_front.jpg

I've had Evergrace on my PS2 shelf for years upon years. Never played it because of its highly tepid reviews. Turns out the game is actually pretty fun, despite being underwhelming in every individual sense. It's got that strange FromSoftware charm a lot of their older games have. Anyway I started playing Evergrace due to its autumn motif, as it's autumn where I live now.

Playing Valkyria Chronicles 3 is just a continuation of my adoration of this series. I loved the first two games in the franchise, and it was far past time I got on with the third. I've got about 15 hours in it currently, and I'd say it safely holds up the quality standards which I expected. I believe the Valkyria Chronicles series is the best modern SRPG franchise.

I would be playing Outer Worlds through gamepass on PC. Except it just won't run. Uninstalled and redownloaded but still no joy. Therefore, I'm playing Bloodstained instead. Seems good so far, only just played through the prologue though but I like how it feels.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Still playing Diablo 3 on Switch. My son beat the story and got his barb to 70. So, I jumped in with my own character and took him through a few Greater Rifts. In a single Rift I pushed him from Paragon 1 to 140, and then when we played again the next day, from 140 up past 200.

At first he was barely equipped to handle the first rank of Torment. Now he's looking closer at his skills, his gear, and maximizing his attack and defense. He is pairing up legendaries with the associated skills and trying to "use more combos" (as he puts it).

Top Bottom