• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

BFV, the new maps are pretty awesome. Played some conquest on Marita, Underground, Iwo Jima, and Pacific Storm.

I'm starting to think that MMG's were a mistake and there was a reason why LMG's were always a bit underpowered in previous BF games.

Shifty1897

I reinstalled Vanquish on PC in a naive attempt to platinum the game.

I forgot how hard those tactical challenges are. I unlocked the last one but uh, I don't think I have the reflexes in me at my age to beat this.

brian0057

Banned
464414_front.jpg

Paltheos

Fallout: New Vegas. I dropped Fallout 3 for... hating it, a couple years after it came out. I decided to give NV a shot as it's supposed to be the better one.

Opinion is mixed. World is pretty neat, but I'm not absolutely in love with it. I might just not have hit the meat of the game yet because I have been wandering around a bit. The silence is a little weak though, as is your movement speed. I'm also not a fan at all of having to walk all the way back to the start to leave a dungeon. These are all things that Skyrim does better.

Switch

Luigi Mansion 3- I'm around 4 hours into this game and I'm surprised by how much I LOVE the game. Gameplay, animation, graphics, exploration, environments are all great.

Dragon Quest 11 S- I finished the game and got to post game content. Right now I'm grinding my characters to level 99 and filling out the skill tree for each character.

Playstation 4

Trails of Cold Steel III- I'm planning on going back to this game once I finish Luigi Mansion 3. I got through the prologue and what I played of the game I really enjoyed.

Armored core: Verdict day

Its actually pretty cool. Mind you its my first foray into the mecha genre so veterans might prefer other games in the series or generally other mecha games. I'm still getting a hang of it, but steering and customizing mechs is and feels awesome. its overall given me a positive first impression.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Rotation currently is Battlefield V's amazing resurgence in Pacific Storm and Iwo Jima, I think Dice is just scratching the service with this game, next would be Modern Warfare. This game is huge, crossplay is paying off, and its so fun.
call_of_duty_modern_warfare_banner_by_happaxgamma_ddgk1fm-fullview.jpg

SpartanN92

Banned
Modern Warfare
9.5/10 would absolutely recommend. The campaign is awesome and it’s the best multiplayer in the series since Black Ops 1.
The only complaints I have with the game are minor multiplayer settings.
ex: Time to kill is a tad too fast and when your enemies shoot they don’t show up on the mini map (basically makes suppressors useless)
Those are minor gripes. The game is incredible.

Rotation currently is Battlefield V's amazing resurgence in Pacific Storm and Iwo Jima, I think Dice is just scratching the service with this game, next would be Modern Warfare. This game is huge, crossplay is paying off, and its so fun.
call_of_duty_modern_warfare_banner_by_happaxgamma_ddgk1fm-fullview.jpg

If your playing BFV on PC hit me up sometime. I just got back into it as well.

G-Bus

Banned
Borderlands 3 and The Outer Worlds.

Think I've dumped about 60 hours into BL. Took a break after tvhm to play outer worlds. It's alright. Glad I rented it.

Soul Calibur VI - It really looks like an AA-Title, but, after a bit reading, it runs buttery smooth (in combat) with ultra settings on my old trusty 980ti. The Libra of Souls mode got me hooked good the last evenings and I felt a nostalgia for a memory of the old titles, I forgot I had. Man, I poured SO many hours into SCII and III...:love:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Just started Astral Chain.

Seems fun but playing it on a small screen I don't think is the best way to play it. The screen is just so busy with information. Maybe it's just me. Gonna try it on my TV and see how it goes.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Got the week off last week and managed to finish Code Vein (pretty good, liked the combat) and Outer Worlds (OK I guess, easy to burn out on this game if you play it a lot imo) but I'm not planning on starting anything new as my Death Stranding preorder will get all attention.

Last edited:

DelireMan7

I am slowly starting to be burned out of the Arkham games. After Asylum and City I am on Knight and I want to finish it quick to go on something else. But I am scared I'll switch to another game before I finish it...
Great games but doing them in a row was too much I think.

Went back on Dragon Age Origins to continue my playthrough. I am in the mood for some RPG now.
Also had some nostalgia and made few sessions of Dark Souls Remastered. This game is really magic !

hooplah

Neo Member
Been a while since i had time but it's currently Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. Not as good as HR but obviously prettier.

GreenAlien

The Division I,
I won this some time back and am only interested in finishing the campaign.. it's alright, there are almost no new players so it's a bit hard to find people for missions, but it mostly works as a single player game as well.

Trails in the Sky I
I started on hard and regretted that decision soon.. The diminishing returns for exp make it so even trash mops can easily kill me all the time and I can't out level them..... but it's not too bad, since it also allows you to avoid most of them without being under-leveled and if you fail a few times at the same battle the difficulty gets adjusted anyway.. Still, after playing Dragon Quest 11 on normal and being extremely bored by the tedious combat, I think choosing "hard" might still have been the right choice.
As for the story.. well, I'm in the middle of the second chapter and it's pretty forgettable right now.

Last edited:
I got back into BFV with the new maps, the new maps are good but team balancing is still god awful.

This has happened numerous times where I hop into a new round of conquest and the game auto balances 32 players on one team and 16 on the other before the match even starts. WTF is this shit lol. It's not a fun experience for either side.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm Jumping between Luigi's Mansion 3 and Atelier Ryza (PS4) and I'm really, really enjoying these two games. Funny thing is both are my first experience with their respective series.

Katsura

I bought The Witcher 3 + expansions on sale. Usually, i'd stay away from bid budget western games but it was too tempting

I thoroughly enjoyed the earlier parts. The storyline with the bloody baron and the crones was amazing. Novograd was interesting enough though a bit too much run to x - cutscene - run to y for my liking

At those northern islands now and the detective work is starting to really bother me. Most of my time has been spent tracking something and watching cutscenes. Enough with the cinematic shit already. I've helped both the jarls kids and they've chosen their next queen. Now i'm at the part where i'm helping Yennifer (who is the most obnoxious character so far. Why on earth is Geralt so taken with her?) track Ciri. I'm hoping for more gameplay like the earlier parts soon. I don't think i can stomach 50+ more hours of following tracks and watching cutscenes

The Shepard

Just started the witcher 2. Missed it during the ps360 era as I was working away in London for a couple of years when it released on 360. Playing on xbox one backwards compatible and whilst The gameplay has aged a bit the story is really good so far. I'm going to jump straight into witcher 3 afterwards and complete that for a second time ready for the netflix series which is looking very good.

Top Bottom