• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Flinthook has its hooks in me again. It's so darn tough. I love it because even though there are roguelike elements and some gradual improvements that carry over, you have to master the controls and mechanics to succeed. I die so much.

stickkidsam

Replaying the Dark Souls trilogy with my brother. It's crazy going in again and not having my ass absolutely creamed, broiled, then served back to me with a garnish of my freshly soiled pants.

Admittedly, jolly co-operation makes things much easier, but there is a noticeable difference is how well I fight. Such a damn good game.

Going through a repeat play through of Metroid Zero Mission for the first time since it released way back when. Playing it on the Wii U gamepad.

Goddamn this game is glorious, it's better than I remember. It really shows that most modern metroidvania clones are pale copies of the originals.

Phase

Death Stranding.

Yes, its pacing is very slow. But I'm actually really enjoying it. It's gorgeous. It's a very relaxing game when you want it to be, I just have to be up for a longer gaming session before I start it up. While retrieving a recent order I found a whole bunch of materials, so I've planned future trips to haul as much back as I can. I also customized a charging station with a favorite song of the DS soundtrack so when others use it they hear the music. I find it's the little things in this game I love.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Red Dead Redemption 2. I'm at a low 20% completion. Previous game I was playing and beat was Mario Odyssey. The last level thats unlocked on like the Darker Side of the Moon took me forever to beat probably put in 100s of tries. Felt glorious after I finally beat it.

Dthomp

Currently:

Death Stranding - Enjoying it so far, far from GOTG like I keep seeing. Finished Act 2, story is developing nicely, a solid 8/10

Pokemon Sword - Like only a half hour in, but I haven't played a Pokemon in years so...it's fun to me? I knew nothing of these starters and took the water one, apparently it's poop, so gonna restart with the Fire or Grass one. Got some sickness coming on so I think it'll be mostly Pokemon for the next week.

royox

Jedi: Fallen Order.

As a Star Wars fan this game is everything i wanted since JK2: Outcast for a SinglePlayer jedi based game. 20 hours in and the game is still suprising me with new stuff, items, skills and the story.

A lot of Street Fighter... in a lot of different iterations.
After buying the Champion Edition Upgrade for V I HAD to try, getting my mod files in order and kept on trying them out in training... there's no real training involved in that. But at least I finished one SFII-Arcade-Run with Kung Fury Ryu. :D
Then I somehow killed my Retroarch-Installation through upgrading and had to start (almost) fresh... for testing I choose ALL the MAME-Street Fighters... yes, I even played one or two rounds in the first. It still is an awful game.

stranno

Doing a second Terminator Resistance run. The game has some flaws, like the dumb AI or the unnecessary crafting system, but it is a good Borderlands clone. Probably the best Terminator game ever, after Future Shock and SkyNet, on par with GRIN's Salvation.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Decided to finally take on Marvels Spider-Man on the pro. Game looks incredible in the day, the night city for some reason much less so, and very ordinary if you compare to e.g Infamous Second Son.

But the IQ on this is CGI quality. 4k is a waste if you can get results like this with top tier AA.

Last edited:

Fbh

Playing Digimon Cyber Sleuth.
You can tell it was made on a rather low budget and even the localization is terrible. But other than that I'm enjoying it.
In many ways it's the pokemon game I've always wanted. With a compelling plot with decent characters, a good enough level of challenge where I can actually be defeated and need to make changes to my team to overcome harder areas and IMO a faster and more fun progression system

Mista

Banned
Death Stranding. Tried so hard to ignore it because I don’t wanna finish it

But now since I finished both Star Wars and Pokemon Shield, it’s time for Death Stranding😔

bender

What time is it?
Recently finished Luigi's Mansion 3 which was a treat and easily my favorite game in the series.

-I started Pokemon Shield which seems fine. I don't have a lot of history with the series.
-Picked back up The Messenger and just completed the Demon King boss.
-I'm in chapter two or three of Death Stranding and it is still not hooking me.
-Tried out Remnant: From The Ashes via Game Pass. I like the idea of a shooter styled Souls game but the enemy and world design is such a massive turnoff.

warhammer: vermintide 2

i just cant get enough of it

I got over 350 hours in Vermintide 2, I know how it feels. I haven't checked out the new winds of magic stuff though because I was so burned out.

Kinda curious to check back on it, I have Boergenhafen and Ubersreik. Do I need WoM?

drganon

Ni no kuni remastered. I like the story and graphics, but the combat is only okay. It feels like some real time combat mixed with some turn based thrown in.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I have these games installed and playing when I feel like it. No particular focus on any.

Breath of the Wild - Switch
Let's Go Pikachu! - Switch
Dead Cells - PC
Fallen Order - PC
Football Manager 2020 - PC
FIFA 20 - PC
Red Dead Redemption 2 - PC
Sekiro - PC
Gwent - PC
Rocket League - PC
Destiny 2 - PC

Last edited:

Kev Kev

I got over 350 hours in Vermintide 2, I know how it feels. I haven't checked out the new winds of magic stuff though because I was so burned out.

Kinda curious to check back on it, I have Boergenhafen and Ubersreik. Do I need WoM?
i've only played xbox version and never bought any dlc/expansion so i have no idea. the vanilla games so fantastic and so packed with content that i'm still working on that and still, some fucking how, have a blast doing so. as i'm sure you already know, the updating and tweaking has been stellar on the part of Fatshark so all i can say is it's still amazing, and from hat i hear the expansions are adding a toooooon of shit to do, including (eventually) a versus mode. i'll probably break down and throw some money t them for a versus mode but i do't think they've quite announced that yet (not sure, i've only heard it from one person i was playing with yesterday)

Ar¢tos

I'm doing a righteous run of Yaga. It's a fun indie arpg inspired by Slavic folklore. Player decisions affect the outcome of side quests and do changes in the main story. Not all reactions are always possible, sometimes only 2 or 3 can be chosen, but it's possible to be neutral, aggressive, greedy, dumb and righteous. I'll probably do a dumb run after.

Been replaying Black Mesa

WDwnNHq.jpg

v3V2zmi.jpg

SmeC1Es.jpg

Last time I played was 2012.

The game is so much better now.
Excited to finally play the Xen levels.

Nearly finished Freedom Planet. A good game but I felt that it is missing something as a mechanic.

Thinking of playing something else on the Vita soon.

Belmonte

After finishing Phantasy Star 1, my "classic JRPG" gaming slot got free, so I decided to continue my Wild Arms campaign.

The last time I was frustrated by how slow the battles were - a common issue with PSX JRPGs -and how simplistic is the story. But Wild Arms was my first RPG, it has a special place for me so I decided to give another chance. I had a NES clone and a Mega Drive but since nobody could read english or japanese in my city, including me, no gaming rental store had RPG games at the time.

I like how you can use tools to navigate dungeons and use them on puzzles like a Zelda lite. And you run like if you were using Link's Pegasus Boots which is nice. The influence is so clear that Celilia, one of the main characters, has a Link doll in her bedroom. Funny since Wild Arms is a Sony exclusive! The puzzles are not even near the complexity of Zelda or even Golden Sun, but is enough to make dungeons more interesting to explore than the typical JRPG.

AP3Nrgn.jpg

The idea of mixing fantasy and sci fi with a wild west theme is great! Wish it was pushed even more but it accomplishes to give the game a more original flair. The pixel art is good and the 3D graphics used in battle are very charismatic. Perhaps it is my nostalgia kicking but I like a lot. The shadow effects the skills and magic are strangely well made! They distort and change direction in a very natural way considering its age.

Since I'm now spending my money upgrading the damage of Rudy weapons which targets more than one enemy, the battles got faster.

latest

Thurible

I was tryinh the original fallout for size aftter I finished fo4. I got the water chip for the vault and now I am doing odds and ends before I look for the source of the supermutants. However, I am seemingly stuck now in the boneyard after accepting a quest to help the blades eliminate the regulators (who are apparently the ones oppressing the town and not the blades as previously thought). So they tell me to go to the gun runners for help and I do. In between the blades and the gun runners are a few deathclaws and I manage to sneak through. I ask for their help and they agree to fight the regulators/give arms to the blades. Only problem is that they demand I kill the deathclaws and whenever I step back outside I am directly in front of one and cannot gain any distance. The deathclaw kills me and my companion Ian within a few turns. I bought a plasma rifle but It doesn't help much. I'm on the verge of quitting because it seems to be an impossible problem to solve.

I also just started Phantom Hourglass. I always love me some Zelda! Right now I am about to enter the third dungeon that holds the bow and arrow.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Sekiro shadows die twice. Game feels amazing and the combat is cool. It's just too hard to take seriously.
What do you mean by that exactly!? I consider Sekiro tough game but its no where near crushing hard compare to Ninja Gaiden or Catherine on hard.

What do you mean by that exactly!? I consider Sekiro tough game but its no where near crushing hard compare to Ninja Gaiden or Catherine on hard.
Wtf? Ninja Gaiden is a cake walk compared to Sekiro. I feel like you guys are trolling me cause I'm new. First Death Stranding is better than Star wars Fallen Order, and now Ninja Gaiden is harder than Sekiro? Lol look at my avatar pic. Actual cake walk.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Wtf? Ninja Gaiden is a cake walk compared to Sekiro. I feel like you guys are trolling me cause I'm new. First Death Stranding is better than Star wars Fallen Order, and now Ninja Gaiden is harder than Sekiro? Lol look at my avatar pic. Actual cake walk.
I personally have much easier time with Sekiro, maybe because i had way too much fun with Sekiro's combat system.

Last edited:
Top Bottom