• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Bombolone

Gold Member
Fallout New Vegas finished the main quest starting the DLCs. This game is just too good.

I booted it up a couple days ago, never played it, always hear good things about it.
Couldn't get into it, also it's an ugly game 😬, not a deterrent but bleh)

I somehow find myself neck deep in Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines.
Another classic I haven't beat yet.
I had the physical copy somewhere, so I have had it that long. I am in Hollywood atm enjoying the atmosphere.

Will have to try New Vegas again one day.

Had to put down Bioshock Infinite down for a sec got a little burnt out.

I booted it up a couple days ago, never played it, always hear good things about it.
Couldn't get into it, also it's an ugly game 😬, not a deterrent but bleh)

I somehow find myself neck deep in Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines.
Another classic I haven't beat yet.
I had the physical copy somewhere, so I have had it that long. I am in Hollywood atm enjoying the atmosphere.

Will have to try New Vegas again one day.

Had to put down Bioshock Infinite down for a sec got a little burnt out.
I agree with you that New Vegas looks like dog turd. It's one of the reasons I can't get back into it.

Mine came 2 weeks ago. Where did you gets yours? Amazon or iam8bit?

DFIg6FO.jpg

Stil playing Division 2 if i am bored.

Was thinking of finishing Red Dead 2 since I am only about 8 missions in.

Is it worth finishing the story? The game physics put me off with the main character controlling like a tank. Why the fuck could Rockstar not just leave the controls like they were in Red Dead 1.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Super Mario Sunshine

well I WAS playing it and getting shines and the suddenly I find myself rolling a watermelon across a field full of enemies that randomly bump into it destroying it and I have to run back and get another

holy crap what demon spawn created this level? with the calypso music playing I feel like I’m going to go insane

imma play DKC2 instead

Last edited:
Halo MCC on PC. Currently playing Halo 3. Enjoying it more than i did when i first played it on xbox one.

Stil playing Division 2 if i am bored.

Was thinking of finishing Red Dead 2 since I am only about 8 missions in.

Is it worth finishing the story? The game physics put me off with the main character controlling like a tank. Why the fuck could Rockstar not just leave the controls like they were in Red Dead 1.

I enjoyed the story. But gameplay is bad and missions are uninspired and restrictive.
It's a beautiful game and i love Arthur. But i don't think i could play the whole game again.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Got tired of my regen build in Dark Souls 3 so I respecced to a Pyromancer for NG+. I'm also utilizing Lightning Arrow and Dark Edge, using Crystal chime, just because I can and they are cool spells.

But the greatest thing with this build is Demon's Greataxe, which I've never used before, and is completely awesome. It smashes things to bit and the weapon art turns everything into molten lava. Love it. I'm usually a fast two-player but turning strength has being all sorts of fun.

I’m using my SL 130 on NG++ with the Ringed Knight Paired Greatswords. It’s been great with very light armor. It can eat away at bosses (made it to the Catacombs). I have been wanting to do a magic build and that pyro build sounds fun.

kunonabi

My bro is losing interest in Rogue Company so I'll probably drop it soon. The playerbase is really ruining the experience for both of us.

So I'll probably be back to Samurai Shodown and Yakuza 6 although I have a mighty itch to play SVC Chaos again so I might dip into that.

bender

What time is it?
Fucking Rocket League and Overwatch which I don't even enjoy anymore. Maybe the next generation switch will help break the habit.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Normally I try to stick to one game but I'm halfway through two games at the moment and got sucked in by a third.

H2x1_NSwitch_LostSphear_image1600w.jpg

Lost Sphear is the third Tokyo RPG Factory I've played, and it might be my favorite, even if the online consensus seems to indicate it's their worst. It might be a tad long for what it is tho, and I don't see much use in the whole Vulcosuit mechanic, but I'm enjoying the combat a lot.

3179055-1438153547-gravi.jpg

Had this game in my backlog since forever, and with trying to clear it out before PS5 finally took this one on. Amazing game, music and artwork are top tier, huge world with lots to do, unique combat and controls. Really liking this one.

4b38da5949b144b06f05877d2f9679b4.jpg

Yeah, I don't get it either. This game is actually a lot of fun, looks great, very polished. Tried it on a whim since it's free and got caught in its web.

Magic-the-Gathering-Arena-Art-e1560463898984.jpg

Obligatory mention, still playing this religiously, almost hit mythic again for this run. Mainly playing Historic these day, as Standard got a bit annoying with the milling and landfalling.

Last edited:
Finished Halo 3 last night. The later levels were painful. I fucking hate the flood. But overall it's a great game.
Now i'm playing Halo Reach. The first time i played it was on xbox one using backwards compatibility. I thought it was ok.

But this time i'm fucking loving it. Can't tell exactly why. It's fun and it looks great.

It's also fun to spot the destiny DNA in these games.

Phoenix Point on xbox game pass. It's a really good tactics game. Apparently they took the egs exclusive money and I think it was a good thing that they did. The game was basically early access and you can tell they used that money flesh out their vision. Can't wait to buy the Year One Edition when it drops on other stores with all the dlc. 40k Mechanicus is also really fucking good.

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
Not having much luck at the moment. Don't like the Crash trilogy I mentioned further up this page so I bought a game I saw a few shots of on another thread here. I'm an arcade racer fan and this game looked beautiful. Done a quick google (too quick as it turned out) and was assured this game is more arcade style than simulation.

The game was Dirt Rally 2.0

Turned out to be an ultra hardcore sim with a brutal unforgiving learning curve. I played two courses, crashed about 40 times (and drive over a few cliffs) before uninstalling it (100gb btw!) I loathe sims and instantly knew this wasn't for me.

Only paid six quid @ cdkeys so that softened the blow. Does look gorgeous though.

5qH6VUn.jpg

Last edited:

HF2014

Wreckfest.

Haha. God, this game pass under the radar, i dont know why. Its Destruction Derby 2019, but more fun! 😃. Forza Horizon fans, take a look at it, you will find youself at your place slamming other cars. 😁. 37 tracks, lawnmower and couch race ( yeah why not ), customisation of your vehicules,renewing seasons where you can grab points to get other cars ( think Fornite like stuff here, new stuff every seasons ). Cant speak much about online community here, playing solo, but having a blast!

Bombolone

Gold Member
I just powered through my second playthrough of Bioshock Infinite today (9 hr session w/ some breaks)
Okay game. Ending is still iffy to me. How can you 'erase' Booker/Comstock?
Anyways I'm sure Google has a bunch of talk about that if I care. That's 1, 2 & 3 down.

Currently playing some VampireTMR, and Escape from Tarkov.

crozier

NFS Payback. Probably my least favorite NFS but there’s still fun to be had. Some Path of Exile, Mad Max, and Titanfall 2 as well.

J-Roderton

Wreckfest.

Haha. God, this game pass under the radar, i dont know why. Its Destruction Derby 2019, but more fun! 😃. Forza Horizon fans, take a look at it, you will find youself at your place slamming other cars. 😁. 37 tracks, lawnmower and couch race ( yeah why not ), customisation of your vehicules,renewing seasons where you can grab points to get other cars ( think Fornite like stuff here, new stuff every seasons ). Cant speak much about online community here, playing solo, but having a blast!

Was on sale last week on Xbox. Should have pulled the trigger.I played the demo. It’s so damn fun.

HF2014

Was on sale last week on Xbox. Should have pulled the trigger.I played the demo. It’s so damn fun.

I grab it cheap in amazon for 29$ cnd. Not regreting it one bit! 😬. Just did a school bus race,it just hilarous!

Next game im going to get this weekend is Forza Horizon 4 ultimate edition, its 50% off. I have all three on xb1, well till i can grab a physical copy of FH1 somewhere so i can have all four.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Currently running through Mass Effect 2 again. I appreciate the first game and it finds it's footing for me towards the back half, but it's insane how the beginning of the titles differ. Per my specific taste, I always have to basically force myself through the first ten hours or so of Mass Effect (I think Eden Prime is a terrible opening and the Citadel loses steam after the novelty of the hub wears off) and Mass Effect 2 essentially pulls me in from the jump. Great game.

I'll probably continue on to 3 afterward, the ending didn't destroy my universe as it did for some. Big question is if I'll have it in me to finally finish Andromeda afterward. I feel obligated to run through it at least once, but at launch wasn't the time.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
beat Castlevania 1 last night. trying to play through all the Vania's for the last half of October.

playing through Simon's Quest right now. i gotta say, the music, the gameplay, the proto open world, this is my favorite Castlevania.

also been playing more Super Mario Sunshine/Galaxy on 3D All Stars. i know it's low effort from Nintendo but it's also a collection of three best games ever made. <3<3<3

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
Vampyr! It's really shit in all kinds of ways but I'm actually low-key loving it, casually moving one mission a day after work.

But then Ghost of Tsushima 1.1 just landed so... have a great weekend guys & gals!

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
I've been playing JRPG's that I missed out on, which is pretty much all of them since I haven't played any other than the occassional Final Fantasy. They're pretty great. Currently playing Final Fantasy XII.

Im playing FF13 and Lost Odyssey at the moment. The last of their kind. FF still looks crazy good (X1X).

DJR

I'm currently rattling through FF9 again, one of my personal faves. Also playing Untitled Goose Game, 2 player, with my little lad - much goose related shenanigans ensue.

Ge Os

I'm 2 days into Bloodborne, my first attempt on the Souls-like games, and even tho I'm dying every 5 to 10 minutes, I'm loving it.

Somehow I managed to kill The Cleric Beats on the first try, but Gascoigne killed me a few times before I took him down.
The Hunt continues.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Back on that destiny train, clearing the game with a hunter. got to max lvl in a day but still have a lot of shit to do

Type_Raver

Just finished Horizon Zero Dawn on the PS4. Been on my backlog for a while, but since the Forbidden West trailer, I had to play it before it came out!

Some screenshots I took during my playthrough:

50434733032_ebb80425c5_b.jpg

50434564471_2112e9b318_b.jpg

50434734157_4090f32fa1_b.jpg

50434734997_e881c3cd6b_b.jpg

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
In the 2nd act of Ghost of Tsushima right now.

It‘s a good game but if you take away the beautiful graphics it feels quite old school. There is quite a lot of copy and paste stuff and also they used only very little mocap. Nothing too bad but coming from RDR2 this feels like a game from another time.

lachesis

Almost done with the 13 Sentinels of Aegis Rim. Cleared most of the remembrance (story/adventure) part (just 2 characters left), and up to the 3rd (and final?) area in RTS part.

So far the story has took quite the turn - but finally things are becoming more clearer... and I would love to re-visit the storyline once I'm done with it. It's all scattered around, and I get the general storyline and all... but the different timeline of each happening is slightly confusing.
TBH, I would love to see this game made into an Anime or movie. It would be a pretty ambitious project!

Top Bottom