• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Isa

Gold Member
Finally beat The Diofield Chronicles. It was quite good despite its very low budget. What really saved it was the fun gameplay loop and dedicated focus. They put all their effort into the areas that mattered and it payed off. If it had tried much more I imagine it would have suffered greatly being spread out too thin. The structure is good it just needs more depth and variables.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I really enjoy it!
I play pretty much exclusively Godzilla. Couch co-op and online. Fun game! $40 was probably a bit much, but it’s well made and definitely a good time. You have it too?

I don’t but the Godzilla content caught my eye. I watched a couple clips and it reminded me a little of War of the Monsters, which I loved.

0neAnd0nly

Gold Member
I don’t but the Godzilla content caught my eye. I watched a couple clips and it reminded me a little of War of the Monsters, which I loved.

I would definitely suggest the game to anybody.

Just know that it does have surprisingly deep gameplay - but the depth at $40 may be a bit… meh as far as “overall depth”.

I don’t want that to sound negative, it’s kind of the thing about so many of these indie titles.

With this you get:

Online MP (I don’t have any trouble matchmaking personally)

Couch Co-Op that includes; free-for-all, 2v2 team, mayhem (a hoard mode that keeps dumping enemies at you and you just try to beat each one to get to the next “level”), a mini-game battle that’s pretty fun/ funny.

The game features mid sized arenas that are largely destructible and include picking up building / vehicles/ etc and being able to lob them at your competitors. Environments in each map hve something unique; tornados, dust storms, tanks and army guys that shoot at you (CPU), etc.

I would highly suggest the Godzilla DLC (which it sounds like would be a slam dunk for you).

Biggest props IMO - each character truly feels different. I don’t play a lot of brawlers or fighters, but as you know some of the biggest name fighting games the characters don’t have huge differences in physics. This game absolutely does. Some are nimble and quick but weaker, some are tanks that take huge damage but don’t movie swiftly, etc.

reksveks

Finally beat The Diofield Chronicles. It was quite good despite its very low budget. What really saved it was the fun gameplay loop and dedicated focus. They put all their effort into the areas that mattered and it payed off. If it had tried much more I imagine it would have suffered greatly being spread out too thin. The structure is good it just needs more depth and variables.
Apart from the ehh story and the overly tsundere (although maybe using that term wrong) girl, I did enjoy it more than I thought I would.

Reactions: Isa

LordOfChaos

Gears 5, after catching up with 4 on GamePass.

Did anyone else find it's strangely janky compared to the past, especially as soon as you hit the red sand areas and everything after? Just a ton of clear paths that you should be able to walk down but with invisible walls, clipping through tents and sand, animations that aren't blended smoothly when falling etc, no game breaking bugs it's just a final final layer of polish missing I find

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Gears 5, after catching up with 4 on GamePass.

Did anyone else find it's strangely janky compared to the past, especially as soon as you hit the red sand areas and everything after? Just a ton of clear paths that you should be able to walk down but with invisible walls, clipping through tents and sand, animations that aren't blended smoothly when falling etc, no game breaking bugs it's just a final final layer of polish missing I find
Don’t forget to play the DLC campaign.

k_trout

the surprisingly brilliant free game on steam, Babbdi,
if you like weird, very atmospheric short games I recommend it
vYdG7o8.png

0neAnd0nly

Gold Member
I would definitely suggest the game to anybody.

Just know that it does have surprisingly deep gameplay - but the depth at $40 may be a bit… meh as far as “overall depth”.

I don’t want that to sound negative, it’s kind of the thing about so many of these indie titles.

With this you get:

Online MP (I don’t have any trouble matchmaking personally)

Couch Co-Op that includes; free-for-all, 2v2 team, mayhem (a hoard mode that keeps dumping enemies at you and you just try to beat each one to get to the next “level”), a mini-game battle that’s pretty fun/ funny.

The game features mid sized arenas that are largely destructible and include picking up building / vehicles/ etc and being able to lob them at your competitors. Environments in each map hve something unique; tornados, dust storms, tanks and army guys that shoot at you (CPU), etc.

I would highly suggest the Godzilla DLC (which it sounds like would be a slam dunk for you).

Biggest props IMO - each character truly feels different. I don’t play a lot of brawlers or fighters, but as you know some of the biggest name fighting games the characters don’t have huge differences in physics. This game absolutely does. Some are nimble and quick but weaker, some are tanks that take huge damage but don’t movie swiftly, etc.

Oh duhhhh, also the single player has most of these modes + a story mode. Didn’t want to make it sound as though single player doesn’t exist. Sorry!

AndrewRyan

Playing Metal Gear Rising, Ubermosh: Omega (on sale $.49 cents), and Satryn Deluxe on the Steam Deck. Started MGR several times but the Steam Deck is where I'll finally finish it since it seems like it's made for this device and runs perfectly with no mods. I consider it the male Bayonetta and even though I prefer Bayonetta, MGR reaches higher highs when it's really grooving.

Omega is a fun twin-stick shooter with insane metal/heavy drum tracks that vibrate the controller to the beat. Have played several Ubermosh's but this is the first that stuck. Satryn is another twin-stick shooter that starts where Robotron left off but quickly improves and modernizes the gameplay.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Shining Force 3: Scenario 1.

Great game, haven't played it since 1998.

Game has some steep difficulty spikes but I learned that you can effectively grind by transporting back to the last church you visited, I figured you'd lose progress but you don't. I can feel my SRPG skills coming back after not being used for 2+ decades. Really engaging and downright addictive. Love having to take all the variables into account when moving my characters on the battlefield.

oliverp

Neo Member
Metal Gear Rising
Cool love that game. Its definitely one of my favorite games of all time, wish more people would have a chance to play it. So much of the game feels like perfection to me. Feel welcome to let me know your thoughts about it when you have finished it. Iam personally playing the Resident Evil 2 remake and Uncharted 4 at the moment. Both on PS5. That said Im pretty excited about the games planing to play later this year (promise to keep you updated).

Last edited:

Alpha Male

On PS5 I finished:
God of War Ragnarok
Witcher Blood and Wine
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart

As always I have my regular rotation of multiplayer games on Series X:
Battlefield 2042
Halo Infinite
Modern Warfare 2

And for single player on Series X I'm playing Midnight Suns

Currently on PS5 I'm playing:
Elden Ring
Death Stranding
GT7

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Metal Gear Rising
What an amazing game my dude. Hope you are enjoying it, it's one of my favorites.

Sure it might have some lows, but as O oliverp pointed out, it has some of the higher highs I've ever played. Those bosses with their dynamic soundtracks are absolute fun, and the last stretch of the game is just pure ecstasy in videogame form.

bender

What time is it?
Giving Silent Hill Homecoming a whirl via BC on XSX. I just beat the first boss. It seems kind of...bad? Ugly. Terrible voice work. Clunky. Not scary in the least.

Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures on 3DS. It's pretty lousy so far.

And continuing to play Atari Lynx Ms. Pac-Man like a fiend waiting for the stars to align and for me to actually make it to the third act interstitial. Eating through some Duracells like a mofo.

GladiusFrog

I'm playing DnD with Chatgpt.

Update: Might get banned, became king of the dwarves and wanted to be a evil ruler and enslave the other races. AI thinks I'm Hitler now and gave me a account warning :messenger_pensive:

Last edited:
Finished up my single player log and just been playing fighting games online + a few shooters until some more good campaigns roll out.

SFV, Guilty Gear Strive, Tekken 7, COD MW2, DNF Duel, kof 13 with the fellas.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
After finishing 0, Kiwami and Kiwami 2 I thought I had enough of the series but here I am, playing Yakuza 3.
Sorry to tell you this, but you'll probably never have enough of that series.

Good luck with Y3 tho. Worst combat in the series imo, although the story and comfy okinawan setting made up for that, imo.
Good news is that, imo, beyond this point the series just keeps getting better with each entry.

I bought a switch and Zelda . Planned to play it on my holiday but I finish the game on the airplane flight …. It was soooo short , super lame lol. 4 bosses and final boss end. Now I plan to sell all when k go back Japan.

Btw the airplane flight was (20 hour)

Final Fantasy X.

Not sure I'll stick it out until the end but its been fun to see it again. On Cloister of Flame now. Definitely my favorite FF game.

LordOfChaos

Don’t forget to play the DLC campaign.

Huh, campaign ended just when I was starting to think the last arc would be coming. I think I liked 4 better overall, 5 added too much crap in between the Gears stuff, who actually wants to hack towers and the limited open world imo didn't add much.

Trying Hivebusters now

Mr Hyde

Arrived at Delta Labs in Doom 3. Very good game. Spooky atmosphere, creepy monsters and a lot of action. It's mostly pushing buttons and calling lifts in between all the shooting, but it's serviceable in terms of moving forward the story and accessing new locations. I'm not expecting a compelling narrative around this, it's monsters spawning from hell and you kill them, very basic stuff, but ID has done a terrific job with the setting of Mars and the exploring of a derelict space facility. The graphics are top notch and the plethora of weapons and monsters makes it feel varied and exciting almost every time.

sedg87

Banned
Resident Evil 0
Playing in Wesker mode. Pretty trivial really as that special move of his pretty much one-shots regular enemies. Not that I'm looking for a challenge since I've beaten this game numerous times. Always liked Rebecca as a character.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Atari 50
Evil West
Midnight Suns
Witcher 3......all on XSX
God of War: Ragnarok .....PS5
Fire Emblem Engage......start playing tonight on Switch
Fallout New Vegas
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
Stacklands
Prodeus
Bloodstained:ROTN.....all on the SteamDeck
also playing Evercade EXP

Last edited:

Labolas

Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 (PC)- just messing around and testing the rollback. I've only played two sets with one person and another with different person. The first was really rough and the guy was most likely download something or on wifi. Second guy's connection was way better. Still though this far as good as the beta which is to say it's just okay, not amazing.

River City Girls 2 (PC)- I don't know I'm not loving this as I thought I would. Sure there is more moves, more characters, and more things to do, but some stuff I held the game back. Glitches, backtracking, respawning enemies and side quests are what holds the game down from greatness.

Currently playing REmake, RE4, and soon the OG 1996 RE in the form of the Ultimate Director's Cut! I really miss RE! REmake is a great, immersive, atmospheric remake, RE4 is an action horror masterpiece, and OG 1996 RE is the one that started it all!

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
None but I am going to start Persona 3 and then 4. I have played a little of them in the past. I keep saying I'll go back and finish them but I never do so this time I am making a point to play them.

GeekyDad

Wouldn't say I'm currently playing it, but I did recently go back to a little bit of it.

PsKFa6R.jpg

It's okay. FE is a series I love, and I wholeheartedly embraced Awakening when it released -- revived my interest in the series. But FE is one of those you gotta be in the mood for, especially because of how generic the characters and stories are, they haven't elevated themselves -- just gotten more shallow and glitzy.

I hate to say it because it's never really been an issue for me, but the visuals are pretty hot-damned bad. The character models look great (for what they're intended to be), but those backgrouds -- yeesh! I've pretty much only played on Nintendo systems (3DS, DS, Wii, Wii U and Switch) for the past years now, using my PS3 as a media device, and only my PSP as another gaming device -- had no inspiration to invest in newer consoles outside of what Nintendo has to offer. So, it should be obvious to anyone, graphics ain't a big priority to me.

But come on, man -- put your back into it! Damn.

Duchess

The Outer Worlds (will be with this a while!)

Enjoying it more than I did initially. I can tell this is a game I'll end up liking but not loving. But it's decent enough for me to continue on through until the end.

swaffles23

Bought a steam deck a couple weeks ago and emudeck has taken over for me. Finished Super Mario World and Metal Gear Solid while slowly chipping away at Persona 4 Golden

WoJ

Still playing thr Crisis Core remaster. I never played it,but between this and FF7R a couple years ago I am being reminded why I used to love JRPGs so much. I'm close to the end of Crisis Core but having so much fun with missions I'm just going to play until I'm bored with it.

It's making me want to replay FFX, FF12, and check out FF15, which I haven't played yet. I forgot how much I love Final Fantasy.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Still Shining Force 3: Scenario 1.

Man, what a good game. I had the NA version as a kid but didn't remember much of anything.

Also a bit of Wachenroder, playing it with the English translation guide is great. Really interesting game, it's kinda bare bones but the battles are fun and the music seems really unique to me. Good shit.

Top Bottom